Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive/status/880093966313639936

I'm ok with this, depending on term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Levitate posted:

so the new arena is already cursed

A worker died building Ford Field too but the Lions are enough of a curse on their own

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/StLouisBlues/status/880094061679583232

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

I mean, the Rangers are pulling it off without going into full on rebuild mode.It'll be really obvious if they don't sign Shattenkirk because they're going to need some young kids to step up on D.

oh totally, i think NYR are way better managed than VAN. i don't mean that transitioning to a younger team can't be a more effective strategy than blowing it up for a full rebuild, but you have to have a pretty decent roster already to go down that route. NYR already had a pretty decent roster, VAN most certainly does not

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

There was too much good news on draft day for Blues fans. We knew this was coming.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

*ahem* i believe you forgot something

:rip:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

what the gently caress is the context to this? I thought Dynamo Moscow was one of the bigger teams in the KHL and wouldn't be one with a lot of money problems

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I kinda skimmed over the past couple pages, but I think I understand that Montreal is going to sign Emelin for 13.25 million a year for 8 years?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Levitate posted:

what the gently caress is the context to this? I thought Dynamo Moscow was one of the bigger teams in the KHL and wouldn't be one with a lot of money problems

apparently theyre basically insolvent

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

fits posted:

Huh I thought that was basically most KHL teams but they were usually propped up by the super rich

Don't know much about that team though and why they're failing

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/880097026448470016

I can't even enjoy a laugh at another GM without getting owned

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

god I'm so happy that the Rangers bought out Girardi and have been spending their time acquiring mobile defensemen

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Yeah, this would be good for 3-4 years. He's good right now, and should be a solid player worth that much for the whole contract. That's not too long and they should have some young D coming up on ELCs during that time.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/880097026448470016

I can't even enjoy a laugh at another GM without getting owned

We deserve it, really we do.

"Boring, are we? HEY EVERYONE WATCH THIS"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dynamo is one of the historic clubs, that's sucks

Wonder how much it would cost for Ovechkin to take over

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

fits posted:

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that the entire Dynamo organization (including soccer and basketball) are in trouble?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

McDavid might just drag the oilers back to the playoffs again, but the leafs are going to miss. Not only that, they'll be in the hunt (barely, probably) and be buyers at the deadline. Gonna lose major competitiveness a few years down the line for some lovely rentals over the next couple season. Hth.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Dynamo Moscow HC has... problems

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

glynnenstein posted:

Dynamo Moscow HC has... problems

quote:

Last month, society head Vladimir Strzhalkovsky told Russian media the club racked up debts of around 2 billion rubles ($35 million).

:stare: jesus

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Connor McDavid can soon afford 3 Dynamo Moscows.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

4x4 was basically what i was expecting, and i would be perfectly ok with that.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Bergevin should gently caress offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

JoelJoel posted:

McDavid might just drag the oilers back to the playoffs again, but the leafs are going to miss. Not only that, they'll be in the hunt (barely, probably) and be buyers at the deadline. Gonna lose major competitiveness a few years down the line for some lovely rentals over the next couple season. Hth.

Reminder that the Leafs barely made the playoffs last year.

yellowcar fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 28, 2017

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

god I'm so happy that the Rangers bought out Girardi and have been spending their time acquiring mobile defensemen

i'm also happy for that but we still need at least one more good one, and we also need to get rid of staal

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ken Holland will probably try to buy the Dynamo team airplane

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

sportsgenius86 posted:

Only because Mark Bergevin's already locked up the one used by Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

At least it won't be the Yaroslavl team plane.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

a false posted:

i'm also happy for that but we still need at least one more good one, and we also need to get rid of staal

They gonna get Shattenkirk. U just have to believe hard enough my man!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

NHL should turn the KHL into AHL: Europe Version.

Let European kids develop closer to home before coming to the big show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Yeah, this is the only instance in which anyone connected with the team has used the word and I've heard less forced admissions of infidelity:

What kills me about that statement is the condescending tone; "Oh sure we're rebuilding guys, you believe whatever you want". You missed the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years and got bodied by a team nobody expected to make the playoffs in that one year, and they're a rival, to boot.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Sidney Crosby went to the DMV today. No word if he had to cut the line. Can you believe it's been 4 years?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

yellowcar posted:

At least it won't be the Yaroslavl team plane.

He'll just offer a 1st rounder for that one

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Wamsutta posted:

They gonna get Shattenkirk. U just have to believe hard enough my man!

Fine with it at this point.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i'm not sure i can imagine a funnier thing happening than VGK drafting Emelin and then the Habs trading back for him

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Rangers have enough capspace to sign:

Shattenkirk @ $7m
Smith @ 4m
Fast @ 3m
Zbad @ 5m

They would have 1.5m in cap space left, or 4.4m if Klein retired, and their only needs would be a backup goalie, a 3/4C, and an upgrade on Puempel if he's going to be the 13th forward again. There's a chance that three of those big contracts could come a bit cheaper, too.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Could be argued that Hayes as the #2 center is ehhhhhhhhhh and that they might need someone a bit better at center

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/880124215646724098

Looks like Brendan Smith is getting the Kris Russell Special.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

I'm hoping they manage to fleece someone on a young center (Bergevin, I'm looking at you) because looking for a top two center in free agency leads to boat anchor contracts.

Burmistrov and Grigorenko are both young UFAs, so either one of them would be cool to slot in below Hayes.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The Rangers blueline suddenly is going to look pretty drat good if they also sign Shattenkirk and demote/jettison Staal. Third pairing might stink but so do most third pairings.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Hey FAS, Panotch is out at CSN. Is Carchidi the only hot take beat writer fuckboi left, or am I missing someone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Ken Holland just signed the faulty safety harness to a 4-year, $4.5 million contract

• Locked thread