Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

In the indexes, Primaris is a keyword, but it's not a faction keyword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
I didn't say it was reliable, I said it's a rumor I heard.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Cythereal posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Marines are condensed into two codices: codex chapters, and non-codex chapters, the latter covering the wolves, both angels, and maybe the templars.

Templars should remain rolled into the main Codex, along with the other insufficiently-deviant chapters that are just "Ultramarines with like one different unit or a named HQ". Save the one-off codexes for the real weirdo fucker chapters.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
What even makes templars different?

Crusader squads instead of tac squads, and a bunch of characters and the no psyker rule?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

ANAmal.net posted:

Templars should remain rolled into the main Codex, along with the other insufficiently-deviant chapters that are just "Ultramarines with like one different unit or a named HQ". Save the one-off codexes for the real weirdo fucker chapters.

Templars are right on the line of different enough though - no psykers and mixed marine/scout squads are pretty unique. They aren't as unique as Angels or Wolves but they would be as unique as Blood Angels with like one or two more units - sword brethren with options distinct from Veterans maybe.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I find it very hard to believe that Space Marines wouldn't have a codex release right off the bat.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Received an Ork Warboss on Bike. Had a busted part. Called FW requesting a replacement for the part.

A second Warboss is now being shipped to me.

I love Forgeworld.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Received an Ork Warboss on Bike. Had a busted part. Called FW requesting a replacement for the part.

I love Forgeworld.

Back in the day that happened to me with regular GW - I had a box of Nobz missing one head, and they sent me a whole new box.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I love Forgeworld.

can i have the broken one

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

chutche2 posted:

Crusader squads instead of tac squads, and a bunch of characters and the no psyker rule?

They have black armor and like swords

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Hixson posted:

They have black armor and like swords

That's a hallmark of a fine legion, imo

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
My legion has black armor and likes handjobs, does that make it a fine legion

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

OhDearGodNo posted:

In case anyone was too lazy to check, the 1st place army:

Flyer Wing Detachment

4x Stormravens, 2x Stormhawks, and Tac tax.

That's not loving <Blood Angels>

So before this news came out I was thinking about getting a second Stormraven and 3 Landspeeders (The land Speeders are mostly for thematic reasons). Now I'm seriously considering it a flying circus.

What are your thoughts on the humble Land Speeder? At 100pts you can have 2 Heavy Bolters (to compare to the Twin rear end Cannon Razorbutt). At 111 you can trade out a HB for your own rear end Cannon, 116 for a Multi Melta and rear end Cannon(6P each). T5, W6.

It's fairly pricey for the weapons it carries but I feel like the mobility advantage is worth it.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I think land speeders compare favorably to inceptors.

222 points vs 225, you get 2 heavy bolters and 2 assault cannons instead of 6 assault bolters. Same toughness, same armor, 12 wounds vs 6, 2 less attacks and no chance for mortal wounds, way loving faster. Inceptors can take better advantage of cover and get to deep strike, but the land speeders are so much faster and tougher that that helps mitigate it. Another downside is the inceptors, though shorter ranged, will still average more firepower because they don't have Heavy weapons and so don't get hosed by moving. Add a third land speeder in there and you've now got 20 inch movement instead of just 16, with inceptors at 10 inch movement. At 6 wounds each land speeders do have the potential of being one-shot by lascannons and such, but it's unlikely. So 2 speeders will probably take even heavy anti-tank weapons better than 3 inceptors will.

Overall, I think I'd go with the land speeders over inceptors. And for a little more you can put those heavy guns on them like the multimelta and typhoon. If playing a really dumb opponent that doesn't know how to bubble wrap characters though, an inceptor squad dropping in the right spot can shoot characters dead pretty well.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 28, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ignite Memories posted:

can i have the broken one

Nope. Biker warbosses are amazing in 8th and I need as many as I can fit.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

chutche2 posted:

They have the emperor's champion, now and forever the best marine special character.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
New Regimental Standard is up.

** Where possible, a minimum safe distance of 13 feet is also recommended.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope. Biker warbosses are amazing in 8th and I need as many as I can fit.

Yeah but cmon, though

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Zuul the Cat posted:

New Regimental Standard is up.

** Where possible, a minimum safe distance of 13 feet is also recommended.

If any of the following details are also present – red wings on the helmet, flayed hides, or a corona of daemonic lightning – immediately consult Volume 2 of the Infantryman’s Threat Identification Field Guide, 49th edition, section ref. 17.a66.4111 – Hereticus Majoris (revised)

:discourse:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

If any of the following details are also present – red wings on the helmet, flayed hides, or a corona of daemonic lightning – immediately consult Volume 2 of the Infantryman’s Threat Identification Field Guide, 49th edition, section ref. 17.a66.4111 – Hereticus Majoris (revised)

:discourse:

Lmao, I just have the image of a guardsmen in absolute terror frantically flipping through his guidebook.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Zuul the Cat posted:

Lmao, I just have the image of a guardsmen in absolute terror frantically flipping through his guidebook.

I really love the Regimental Standard. Its one of the better little things they have been doing lately.

*** If you end up with permanent irreparable loss of hearing, worry not! There are exciting roles in the Astra Militarum just for you. For more information, please consult uplifting pamphlet 114//c: “You What? – The Artillery Crewman’s Guide to Sign Language”.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Here's what I'm thinking right now about the Chaos army I'm working on. Going to pick up Know No Fear when it's out, plus the death guard half of dark imperium to add to my AoS daemons. 1 battallion detachment, 1 outrider detachment.

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [105 PL, 2000pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [47 PL, 990pts] ++

+ HQ +

Typhus [9 PL, 164pts]: Blight Grenades, Manreaper, The Destroyer Hive

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [7 PL, 152pts]: Blight launcher, Plasma gun
. . Plague Champion: Blight Grenades, Krak Grenades, Plague knife
. . . . Replace bolt pistol and boltgun: Bolt pistol, Power fist
. . 4x Plague Marines: 4x Blight Grenades, 4x Boltgun, 4x Krak Grenades, 4x Plague knife

Plague Marines [7 PL, 152pts]: Blight launcher, Plasma gun
. . Plague Champion: Blight Grenades, Krak Grenades, Plague knife
. . . . Replace bolt pistol and boltgun: Bolt pistol, Power fist
. . 4x Plague Marines: 4x Blight Grenades, 4x Boltgun, 4x Krak Grenades, 4x Plague knife

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 114pts]
. . 19x Poxwalker: 19x Improvised weapon

+ Heavy Support +

Chaos Predator [10 PL, 204pts]: Combi-bolter, Twin lascannon
. . Two lascannons: 2x Lascannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 102pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-melta, Havoc launcher, Smoke launchers

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 102pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-melta, Havoc launcher, Smoke launchers

++ Battalion Detachment (Chaos - Daemons) [27 PL, 482pts] ++

+ HQ +

Great Unclean One [12 PL, 248pts]: Bilesword, Nurglings, Plague flail

+ Troops +

Plaguebearers [15 PL, 234pts]: Instrument of Chaos
. . 27x Plaguebearer: 27x Plaguesword
. . Plagueridden: Plaguesword

++ Outrider Detachment (Chaos - Daemons) [11 PL, 212pts] ++

+ HQ +

Herald of Nurgle [4 PL, 70pts]: Plaguesword

+ Fast Attack +

Plague Drones [7 PL, 142pts]: Instrument of Chaos
. . 2x Plague Drone: 2x Death's heads, 2x Plaguesword, 2x Rot flies' prehensile proboscis
. . Plaguebringer: Death's heads, Plaguesword, Rot flies' prehensile proboscis

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [20 PL, 316pts] ++

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [10 PL, 158pts]: Plague probe, 2x Plaguespitter

Foetid Bloat-drone [10 PL, 158pts]: Plague probe, 2x Plaguespitter

Created with BattleScribe

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
How much are Know No Fear and First Strike going to be going for, anyway? At a cheap enough price point I could see First Strike basically being a constant complement to Dark Imperium.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I've heard that Know No Fear is 50 pounds. Or maybe it was the other one, I forget.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

chutche2 posted:

I've heard that Know No Fear is 50 pounds. Or maybe it was the other one, I forget.

So considering the usual markup from pounds to dollars that GW stores make, it should come out to around 80ish.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
The quote for Know No Fear is "nearly half the price of Dark Imperium," ($160) which I'm taking to mean $85-$90. I would wager First Strike is around $55-$60.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Crazy Ferret posted:

I really love the Regimental Standard. Its one of the better little things they have been doing lately.

I'd absolutely love to see Cubical 7 do a Paranoia-esque RPG set in the Regimental Standard version of the Guard.

Which isn't really that far from The Laundry.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

berzerkmonkey posted:

The quote for Know No Fear is "nearly half the price of Dark Imperium," ($160) which I'm taking to mean $85-$90. I would wager First Strike is around $55-$60.

$80 and $40 from the glance I got at the order form. Also there will be a $15 Reaver and Intercessor kit, not how many come in it, I expect 3 like the old small snap fit boxes. There will also be a $8 getting started kit which will be like the AOS one.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

JesusIsTehCool posted:

$80 and $40 from the glance I got at the order form. Also there will be a $15 Reaver and Intercessor kit, not how many come in it, I expect 3 like the old small snap fit boxes. There will also be a $8 getting started kit which will be like the AOS one.

I'm kind of surprised at the $40 - that's pretty cheap on the GW scale. Then again, it looks like it's only 6 Primaris models, 3 DG, and 6 Plague Zombies.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

berzerkmonkey posted:

I'm kind of surprised at the $40 - that's pretty cheap on the GW scale. Then again, it looks like it's only 6 Primaris models, 3 DG, and 6 Plague Zombies.

I mean, 40 for 15 seems like a fair scaling down from their other pricings, especially with these being monopose snapfits.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

berzerkmonkey posted:

Maybe that is the price the store is buying them at? I know there is less of a mark up on those kinds of box sets. Only got a glance at it and didn't ask any questions.

Edit: actually pretty sure those were retail prices as I am confident the get started thing is retail $8 as are the $15 small squads.

JesusIsTehCool fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 28, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

berzerkmonkey posted:

They're all the "easy build" kits that don't require glue. 3 reivers, a weird 3-model intercessor squad that has its own datahseet, 3 plague marines (including a blight launcher so I'll be getting two of those), and the 6 poxes.

They're all different sculpts from the Dark Imperium stuff so I'll probably get them for variety. I definitely need 2 blight launchers, and may as well get extra poxwalkers in case they put themselves overstrength with their ability.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
So Bullgryns got really good. Slabshield gives whem a 2+ save and they hit like autocannons in combat if they have the beatsticks or whatever the gently caress they're called. Best part: 42 pts each.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Maybe that is the price the store is buying them at? I know there is less of a mark up on those kinds of box sets. Only got a glance at it and didn't ask any questions.

Edit: actually pretty sure those were retail prices as I am confident the get started thing is retail $8 as are the $15 small squads.

Yeah, they have to be retail - they're supposed to be cheaper than the Dark Imperium box, so $40 and $80 would make sense.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Going to try out a store Sunday, it's got a higher population than the one I normally go to and carries more product.

I've heard stories though about the store running tournaments and any units that were bought at the store getting Preferred Enemy against the opposing army. So we'll see if that's still a thing.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

chutche2 posted:

They're all the "easy build" kits that don't require glue. 3 reivers, a weird 3-model intercessor squad that has its own datasheet, 3 plague marines (including a blight launcher so I'll be getting two of those), and the 6 poxes.

They're all different sculpts from the Dark Imperium stuff so I'll probably get them for variety. I definitely need 2 blight launchers, and may as well get extra poxwalkers in case they put themselves overstrength with their ability.

Does the Intercessor squad have it's own data sheet? I thought it was weird they'd give only 3 models for a size-5 unit, but I figured they'd expect you to shore up the difference with extra purchases or the Getting Started model.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

The Bee posted:

Does the Intercessor squad have it's own data sheet? I thought it was weird they'd give only 3 models for a size-5 unit, but I figured they'd expect you to shore up the difference with extra purchases or the Getting Started model.

Yeah the image of the box set shows a blurry image of an intercessor datasheet that costs 4 PL instead of the usual 6.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

chutche2 posted:

Yeah the image of the box set shows a blurry image of an intercessor datasheet that costs 4 PL instead of the usual 6.

Nice catch! And it looks like they have an additional rule, too, if the red lines under And They Shall Know No Fear are any indication.

Still, having them as an independent third troop basically means Dark Imperium + First Strike is a Battalion for both sides. As is you could squeeze Nurgle into one if you broke up the Poxwalkers, but that'd be a big advantage over the Primaris for a side that already seems to be winning more.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
It's actually weird how many HQs the marine side gets. First Strike + Dark Imperium means 2 Lts and 2 captains, can only field 3 of them in a battallion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
You can field multiple Lieutenants in same HQ slot though?