Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Oh great I got to the town in Egypt and all the quests there seem to be broken, no cultist corpse to examine, not faction guy to hand my stuff to just unable to complete anything but sidequests.

Okay good it finally worked but the quest markers were way off. Also until I hit Egypt I was like ten levels over leveled for everything just because I did all the quests before I moved on. Still don't get why they even bothered with a level system when you're gonna hit max halfway through the story.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Morglon posted:

Oh great I got to the town in Egypt and all the quests there seem to be broken, no cultist corpse to examine, not faction guy to hand my stuff to just unable to complete anything but sidequests.

Okay good it finally worked but the quest markers were way off. Also until I hit Egypt I was like ten levels over leveled for everything just because I did all the quests before I moved on. Still don't get why they even bothered with a level system when you're gonna hit max halfway through the story.

If anything but "half baked" comes to mind when you're playing you're giving funcom far too much credit.

Speaking of, after the beta I can't bring myself to play this abortion. The years of disappointment have just culminated. To the other 2012'ers, how are you still sticking around?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A. Beaverhausen posted:

If anything but "half baked" comes to mind when you're playing you're giving funcom far too much credit.

Speaking of, after the beta I can't bring myself to play this abortion. The years of disappointment have just culminated. To the other 2012'ers, how are you still sticking around?

What do you mean sticking around?

I enjoyed my first couple days of SWL a lot. Lots of fun. But now I have experienced the new game play loop I don't really have much motivation to push on because I played all the later zone missions so many times already.

Once some new content comes out in a year or three I'll care more.

(insert what new content lol post here)

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Morglon posted:

You will hit 50 on CotSG if you did Blue Mountain quests. If you skip BM (like any sane person) you hit 50 in Besieged. Content in SF and CF is balanced for level 50.

But yes the level system is obnoxious and poorly tacked on.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I bought a lifetime sub for the original TSW way back when because I make poor life decisions so I decided to check this rebooted version out. I definitely had the sub come through the transfer but none of my clothing made it and I don't have the weapons unlocked. Does it take a while before you start getting this stuff or is my account bugged?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Honestly I've played the original and I've never had any of the problems I'm having now. Also I'm really loving tempted to just get my own cabal for the extra bank space because the size of your inventory is just insultingly small.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Morglon posted:

Honestly I've played the original and I've never had any of the problems I'm having now. Also I'm really loving tempted to just get my own cabal for the extra bank space because the size of your inventory is just insultingly small.

It's particularly obnoxious when you lose a dozen inventory slots to quest items.

Later on when you're trying to level up duplicates of every single item equipped I can see those 25 base inventory slots being comically inadequate.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Pendent posted:

I bought a lifetime sub for the original TSW way back when because I make poor life decisions so I decided to check this rebooted version out. I definitely had the sub come through the transfer but none of my clothing made it and I don't have the weapons unlocked. Does it take a while before you start getting this stuff or is my account bugged?

You have to make it through the tutorial and enter Agartha.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Gave it a try and don't think I'll be sticking around. Everything just looks so cheap and dated, the combat and movement are too floaty, the ui isn't intuitive at all.

Don't really see this attracting many new players, and since veterans seem likewise unimpressed I wonder who this re-launch is for.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Servers are up.

quote:

June 28th Patch
Note:
The Exchange is still offline, but we plan to re-enable it later today, June 28th. Thank you again for your patience!
Patch Notes:
Fixed an issue that could cause weapon energy to not regnerate on login.
Fixed several text cutoffs in French and German in the ability page UI.
Changed the color of equipment slots in the inspection UI to match the rest of the UI.
The auction house now requires a minimum price of 20 Marks of Favor to list an item.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

As someone who never played the original if I wanted to run through the story cheaply and without much bother would the thread recommend TSW or Legends?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I think the original is still buy to play? If not that, if it is still that but legends will do.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
A few people in different places saying they've been hit with double transactions when purchasing Aurum and one guy who was hit with 2X$99 charges when buying 19 and 9. So safe to say Funcom have managed to gently caress up the most important thing in microtransactions, making sure your customers are safe to do so.

Alasuojus
Jul 27, 2012
I played most of the story in TSW already and I can't even tell why I'm playing this again. Still, please invite me to the cabal. Character name is Dover.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

shirunei posted:

As someone who never played the original if I wanted to run through the story cheaply and without much bother would the thread recommend TSW or Legends?

Most of the complaints are regarding paywalls or endgame. If you want to experience the story, definitely go SWL and you won't have any problems as long as you're doing side missions too. SWL will eventually get new content so it'll be good to have a char ready for anything to come.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I'm not far in and I didn't play the SWL beta but so far it appears that you can easily consume all the regular story content without paying a dime. If you want to do dungeons/raids on the reg you will need to shell out some money.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
35 inventory slots because you have to pay aurum and at that point it's already 40 for five more. I would play the original for the reasonably priced inventory and sprint upgrades alone. I already left the goon cabal again because I ran out of space to keep poo poo around already. The bag situation is really not fun and a serious thing that can and will stop people from playing especially if you're trying to keep more gear sets around or just plain upgrade poo poo to max.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Yeah the inventory and bank space is just an insult. Making your own Cabal for 84 bank slots is pretty much the one big pro to being a Patron since they gently caress you so hard on those. Sad I can't be in the Cabal with everyone else but I am suffering in an inventory nightmare trying to upgrade everything.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

shirunei posted:

Find the original for a few bucks somewhere if you can. The relaunch is plagued with microtransactions that'll have you running out of inventory space and other nonsense.

Edit:
Oh boy, the exchange is down AGAIN...

Amante fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 28, 2017

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Amante posted:

Find the original for a few bucks somewhere if you can. The relaunch is plagued with microtransactions that'll have you running out of inventory space and other nonsense.

Edit:
Oh boy, the exchange is down AGAIN...

Yeah, apparently it was still giving more Aurum than people were purchasing. loving lol. Even the game is protesting the monetization.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Did anyone else not get their clothing items after doing the migration? Also I have 5 character slots after doing the migration but am a non-patron...

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Arven posted:

Did anyone else not get their clothing items after doing the migration? Also I have 5 character slots after doing the migration but am a non-patron...

Are you in Kingsmouth yet?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Lawlicaust posted:

Are you in Kingsmouth yet?

Yes. Messed around for a few hours already.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Arven posted:

Yes. Messed around for a few hours already.

Same gender as your old character?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
If we have a goon guild up I'm on as "Belmondo" for a bit, invite appreciated.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Lawlicaust posted:

Same gender as your old character?

Yes, same gender. Same faction, even. I'm going to re-download the old client and log in on my old character and make sure everything is in my inventory I guess.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Arven posted:

Yes, same gender. Same faction, even. I'm going to re-download the old client and log in on my old character and make sure everything is in my inventory I guess.

They also renamed a lot of items. Do you have any clothes at all on SWL?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Amante posted:

It's worth noting that Legends has all the DLC missions available for free, while you still need to purchase them in the original.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Arven posted:

I noticed at least one of my character's pants options was missing. A little annoying because I only noticed because I wanted to use it.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

quote:

The Exchange will remain down until later this evening; we identified another bug that requires a new patch. Your Buy Orders and Withdrawals WILL NOT BE AFFECTED and are safely sitting there, and will become available again later tonight. More info as it develops; will announce on launcher, media, etc. in a sec

Also, great review of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEKJ0_K9nY

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Is that EvilBillMurray's youtube channel?

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

So far I think I can sum up my Secret World experience in one sentence: "Who the gently caress talks like this?"

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Exmond posted:

That was my first thought too.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

NPC, talking to different NPC: You need to learn the difference between playing the chess piece and playing the chess player

Me: wait did you want me to do something

Mission text: kill 6 draug

Me: Oh obviously, right away

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Exmond posted:

Nope

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Heh. This is actually something I like about this game, that often you aren't doing missions for the questgiver, you just talk and maybe you heard something you want to check out, or info related to a larger mission.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

p. much

don't play this game, really

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I played until I upgraded my level 20 green headpiece to a level 1 blue. Then I saw that blues go up to level 25, epics to level 30, and that they've added Legendary and Mythic as additional tiers. Each of these tiers requires two items of the previous tier. You could dump tens of thousands of dollars into this system and not be done.

I see what people meant about the monetization being bad. I've played other F2P games and they weren't nearly so transparent about going for the whales.

I just about played classic TSW to death, so I think I'll put this aside until/unless any post-Tokyo content comes out. Neat case study though.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Cheston posted:

I played until I upgraded my level 20 green headpiece to a level 1 blue. Then I saw that blues go up to level 25, epics to level 30, and that they've added Legendary and Mythic as additional tiers. Each of these tiers requires two items of the previous tier. You could dump tens of thousands of dollars into this system and not be done.

I see what people meant about the monetization being bad. I've played other F2P games and they weren't nearly so transparent about going for the whales.

I just about played classic TSW to death, so I think I'll put this aside until/unless any post-Tokyo content comes out. Neat case study though.

XP required per level goes up with each tier as does anima shards per item spent to upgrade as well. Once you get beyond purple, it's 10x the previous xp to upgrade so huge grind. No one is every getting Mythic unless they drop 10s of thousands for a single item. It's awful in every way.

Maybe they'll actually use all the money from the whales to do something decent with the game though. Or maybe they'll use it to fund another terrible game that will fail after 3 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I can't do this. Back to classic flavor Secret World. :negative: Such a shame.