Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Uraniumlord Ozai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Barudak posted:

Im not watching a show that has 20 minute long opening credits and 30 seconds of actual episode.

it's why I stopped watching One Piece

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The zinc benders are going to prevent you from starting your car, calling people on the phone, and committing suicide by shooting yourself.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Americium is obnoxious, but Californium is positively toxic.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyZootopia/videos/1494404670623086/

Byron Howard will be doing a livestream on the official Disney Zootopia page on how to draw the characters.

It'll be today, Wednesday, June 28th at 2PM Pacific / 4PM Central / 5PM Eastern.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Neonbending made for a pretty good video game.

Honestly having control over esoteric poo poo that you have to be creative about using needs to be done more often, one of the better episodes of Misfits was about a guy with the power of "lactokinesis" who everyone thinks is a total joke until he winds up killing everyone with his milk powers.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

ThermoPhysical posted:

Byron Howard will be doing a livestream on the official Disney Zootopia page on how to draw the characters.

It'll be today, Wednesday, June 28th at 2PM Pacific / 4PM Central / 5PM Eastern.

I just saw a guy with a confederate flag avatar comment how he can't wait for zootopia 2

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

ThermoPhysical posted:

This is apparently live now, if anyone was interested.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fangz posted:

I just saw a guy with a confederate flag avatar comment how he can't wait for zootopia 2

A town that runs on the segregation of species by habitat and a film that loves the police sounds perfect for a Confederate Flag Avatar

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Barudak posted:

A town that runs on the segregation of species by habitat and a film that loves the police sounds perfect for a Confederate Flag Avatar

Don't forget a poorly regulated economy which allows owners to discriminate against customers unilaterally.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Did I miss something about Zootopia 2? Or are we just saying "yeah I can't wait until they decide to make a sequel"

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Martytoof posted:

Did I miss something about Zootopia 2? Or are we just saying "yeah I can't wait until they decide to make a sequel"
Only thing you're missing is Byron Howard drawing fox and bunny and answering Q&A about himself/the industry. No word on a sequel.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Shadow Hog posted:

Only thing you're missing is Byron Howard drawing fox and bunny and answering Q&A about himself/the industry. No word on a sequel.

He cut his hair. We're never getting a sequel.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Is there an archive of the live stream? :3

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Hedrigall posted:

Is there an archive of the live stream? :3

You can go and click play on the facebook page.

Also.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Is that tiger at the back vogueing?

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Fangz posted:

You can go and click play on the facebook page.

Also.

The_Doctor posted:

Is that tiger at the back vogueing?
I was at a Nick Orsi talk where he said that drawing was the inception of the tiger dancers and pretty much singlehandedly sold everyone on the idea.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's hard to tell from that image if that's a set of tigers or a single multi-tiger conglomerate.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

You can sorta make out Gazelle's head in the center, so if it is a multi-tiger conglomerate, then it's eating things.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Schwarzwald posted:

It's hard to tell from that image if that's a set of tigers or a single multi-tiger conglomerate.

Like a rat king but for tigers? :3: :3: :3:

If you're interested here's what the lion equivalent looks like:

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

The fact that your post didn't contain the phrase "Lion King" astounds me.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Das Boo posted:

Americium is obnoxious, but Californium is positively toxic.

Yeah well

Oregonium is...non existent

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So uh emoji movie

Better or worse than minions

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Alan Smithee posted:

So uh emoji movie

Better or worse than minions

a million times worse. Minions was some fun looney tunes-y comedy even if the minions themselves are annoying. i'd be willing to put very large sums of money on emojimovie being trash garbage on a garbage trash level.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

What if it's a pleasant surprise and like Inside Out where seemingly one dimensional facets are in fact quite nuanced and have their role to play

Or it's cynical ad wizard shovel ware pandering to he worst aspects of millenials. One of the two

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Yoshi Jjang posted:

The fact that your post didn't contain the phrase "Lion King" astounds me.

I'm not that one-note!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Can anyone confirm if Despicable Me 3 continues the egregious attitudes of the second film towards non traditional parent structures?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I have never seen a single one

Does gru gay marry the other evil guy ala genghis khan

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Can anyone confirm if Despicable Me 3 continues the egregious attitudes of the second film towards non traditional parent structures?

You forgot the racism!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Alan Smithee posted:

I have never seen a single one

Does gru gay marry the other evil guy ala genghis khan

Nah. The first film is about him becoming an effective single father after adopting three orphaned girls... and then the second decides "can't have that!", and ham-handedly sets him up to fall in love with and marry the agent for the secret good guy agency they both work for.

Plus it was the film where minions started becoming obnoxious and drowning everything else out.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

the secret good guy agency they both work for.

Wait what? How is stealing the pyramids and the moon good guy stuff?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He becomes good at the end of the first one. Also his brother is named Dru as a mirror to Gru but I think Gru is supposed to be his last name and everyone forgot.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Barudak posted:

Gru's wife is pregnant and they decide that biological children are better than adopted ones.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think DM3 is just kinda generally bad rather than being irresponsibly bad.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Waffleman_ posted:

He becomes good at the end of the first one. Also his brother is named Dru as a mirror to Gru but I think Gru is supposed to be his last name and everyone forgot.

Maybe his full name is Dru Gru. Y'know, like Luigi Mario.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Regalingualius posted:

Plus it was the film where minions started becoming obnoxious and drowning everything else out.

I saw the McDonalds happy meal display for DM3 and all of the toys but one or two are Minions.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Pick posted:

You forgot the racism!

Wait what? In Despicable Me 2 there's racism??

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Maybe his full name is Dru Gru. Y'know, like Luigi Mario.

A quick google says yes. Felonius and Dru Gru. Their father is Robert Gru.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Guy Mann posted:

I saw the McDonalds happy meal display for DM3 and all of the toys but one or two are Minions.

Last time I was at McDonald's I saw that same display. So did an eight or nine year old little boy, who proceeded to shout "Mummy! Mummy! Minions 3 toys!!!" and then bounce around his mother in circles going "Bello! Bello, Mummy! Bello! Bello!!! Mummy! Mummy! Bello! Bello, Mummy!!! Bello!!!" It was like something out of a David Lynch movie. There's a reason those stupid yellow things are everywhere, and it's because kids can't get enough of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So this was posted over in the movie trailer thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIv_ConaZ1c

It's a shame that bronies tainted this franchise so so terribly, because this looks like a fun little kids movie and the animation is pretty good. But there's inevitably gonna be showings of this movie with actual children where creepy weirdos are going to show up.