Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Rhymenoserous posted:

I think WoW doing Molten Core for the 10th anniversary was hilarious, everyone was running it and everyone hated what a loving unfun slog it was. It actually shut up a few of the "WELL IT WAS BETTER BACK THEN" folks in my guild.

Molten Core where half the bosses are the same character model and the other half are just larger versions of random mobs in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

Molten Core where half the bosses are the same character model and the other half are just larger versions of random mobs in the world.

First coil was pretty lazy too, with an upscaled mob, a recolor of the previous turn's miniboss, a fight with no boss where every enemy was borrowed from FF13, and then Twintania. I wouldn't be surprised if the first raid of other MMOs are also similarly filled with recycled assets, just because of the sheer number you have to make for initial release.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

What are the focuses of the 3 NA FCs? I've been in PBC whenever I have a sub going and was just wondering if I should just remain there.

What is your opinion on the catfemale form

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bleu posted:

What is your opinion on the catfemale form

It's fine. I can take it or leave it. Potatoes though...

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's fine. I can take it or leave it. Potatoes though...

Meme races are all banished to TPT.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

cheetah7071 posted:

First coil was pretty lazy too, with an upscaled mob, a recolor of the previous turn's miniboss, a fight with no boss where every enemy was borrowed from FF13, and then Twintania. I wouldn't be surprised if the first raid of other MMOs are also similarly filled with recycled assets, just because of the sheer number you have to make for initial release.

TOR's mostly wasn't, if you don't count models only used once or twice in the entire game previously. Eternity Vault was a pretty unique raid. It was the second raid, Karagga's Palace, that got lazier.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

a fight with no boss where every enemy was borrowed from FF13

That's not true, some of them were borrowed from FF12.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Bleu posted:

Meme races are all banished to TPT.

Does that include all Monks, then

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
There ARE a lot of Monk in TPT. (I'm one of them.)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Then I guess I'm good in PBC then.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
PBC is home to the three most powerful Lalafell, namely myself, Ferrinus Prime, and Doctor Quinn.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Funny thing about his sword: it's hyped up to be this massively powerful super magical sword, but sylvari players can and indeed are required to use it in one quest depending on their branching story choices. And it's godawful and borderline useless and makes the quest much harder than it should be because you're stuck with this piece of crap.

I bypassed it by playing an engineer so whipped out the flamethrower instead.

Yeah, now it's just an ascended weapon that can change forms based on what you want. It can be a sword, great sword, scepter, dagger, or shield, and you can swap it at an NPC. It's actually a pretty rad quest to get it, too. Sadly that kind of thing is pretty rare in GW2.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The fight design in both games are different.

Just move to five man parties in 5.0. Create a new role called 'support'. Do what Rift did and make some of the classes into support as a second role. Make Bard 70-80 support focused with healing songs; do the same for Scholar but with a dps emphasis for example. Now you have room for things like alchemist and blue mage. The new party composition is now one tank, two and a half DPS, one and a half healers.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I've got a sudden hankering to take another look at BLM after work. How did they turn out in Stormblood? The only thing I know is Enochian being tied to AF/UI uptime, I don't know anything about what abilities they got.

How hard they direct critting nowadays? :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ciaphas posted:

I've got a sudden hankering to take another look at BLM after work. How did they turn out in Stormblood? The only thing I know is Enochian being tied to AF/UI uptime, I don't know anything about what abilities they got.

Every new BLM ability is both good and fun to use

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Countblanc posted:

PBC is home to the three most powerful Lalafell, namely myself, Ferrinus Prime, and Doctor Quinn.

Doctor Quinn is pretty great.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
DGKK is home to any and all, as long as you enjoy being showered with hugs and kisses by Baph.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Countblanc posted:

Ferrinus Prime is really mean, he's always telling me how bad I am and how I should just give up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Attorney at Funk posted:

Ferrinus Prime is really mean, he's always telling me how bad I am and how I should just give up.

Yeah that's what I said.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Attorney at Funk posted:

Maybe you should :gitgud:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Reiterpallasch posted:

delete balmung unironically, they're now making life miserable for every other server just by existing

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

This is a sensitive topic for me and many other players in this game so let's please try to be civil. I'm asking the player base, most of it, to please stop hanging out in Kugane and flooding the shout chat with memes and harassment. Kugane represents a rich culture that is important to some of us and it should be respected. It is an end game hub designed for people like me, people who identify as otaku who have a deep appreciation for Japan, and want to honor it in game.

Please go take your toxicity to Rhalgr's Reach and leave us alone. Kugane is what we've always wanted - a true place for anime and manga fans to live our dream. Its a safe haven for real fans of Japanese culture and art. Not a place to spam donald trump memes and talk about sex.

Please respect Kugane and just leave it. Do not take this from us. Do not ruin the beauty and majesty, and history that Yoshida-san has given us. It is deeply upsetting to me, and many other true fans of Japanese art, architecture, and history. Thank you.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Pikavangelist posted:

This is a sensitive topic for me and many other players in this game so let's please try to be civil. I'm asking the player base, most of it, to please stop hanging out in Kugane and flooding the shout chat with memes and harassment. Kugane represents a rich culture that is important to some of us and it should be respected. It is an end game hub designed for people like me, people who identify as otaku who have a deep appreciation for Japan, and want to honor it in game.

Please go take your toxicity to Rhalgr's Reach and leave us alone. Kugane is what we've always wanted - a true place for anime and manga fans to live our dream. Its a safe haven for real fans of Japanese culture and art. Not a place to spam donald trump memes and talk about sex.

Please respect Kugane and just leave it. Do not take this from us. Do not ruin the beauty and majesty, and history that Yoshida-san has given us. It is deeply upsetting to me, and many other true fans of Japanese art, architecture, and history. Thank you.

:same:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I turned off shout chat when I first reached mor dhona three and a half years ago and haven't regretted it since

It's still there in the events tab whenever I need it for some reason but I don't have to put up with it when I don't want it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Do not shout about Donald Trump memes, please.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The Royal Menagerie :stare:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Losing Raging Strikes and the crit nerf hurt the huge numbers somewhat but I've gotten 22k direct crit fouls at i293 or so, maybe like 16k Fire IV direct crits.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

We did. its called FFXIV. Don't like it? Go find some hyper masculine westernized 1-2-3 combo MMO to play. Oh yeah, WOW exists. Go there. And leave us "weaboos" alone. You will never understand or appreciate the history or symbolism apparent in Kugane as a virtual place. You don't deserve it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm fairly firmly anti-trolling in MMOs but holy poo poo those people need to get shoved into some loving lockers

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'm fairly firmly anti-trolling in MMOs but holy poo poo those people need to get shoved into some loving lockers

well good news for you because that post is almost definitely someone trolling

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Countblanc posted:

Do not shout about Donald Trump memes, please.

Make kugane great again.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Attorney at Funk posted:

I would never do that!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

DGKK is home to any and all, as long as you enjoy being showered with hugs and kisses by Baph.

This. DGKK forever. Our house is Carbuncle.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

My and my FC decided to farm Bismarck extreme for birds.

25 runs later I never want to do that dumb whale again.

I didn't even do my duty roulettes tonight :sigh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bird/doge farming seems like a genuinely awful time.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

vOv posted:

well good news for you because that post is almost definitely someone trolling

i have literally zero reason to believe that is not the way an OF poster sincerely feels

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Darn. I tried BLM again at 60 and now I want to level it instead of a tank. That's going to be a slooooowwwwwwww painful process.

Especially weird considering I already have RDM at 70.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Pigbottom posted:

Make kugane great again.

Don't blame me, I voted for Charibert.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i have literally zero reason to believe that is not the way an OF poster sincerely feels

it's a redditor :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Count Bleck posted:

My and my FC decided to farm Bismarck extreme for birds.

25 runs later I never want to do that dumb whale again.

I didn't even do my duty roulettes tonight :sigh:

I ground out 98 tokens since I always lost the roll during farming (when I got an actually good party and RNG was kind). Bird dropped on my 99th run. Nobody even cared to have it.