Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I have a beard long enough to require daily care.

I was an armed guard after college, so I have copious experience sitting around and not shooting myself accidentally.

I don't get motion sickness.

Boat me, kiwi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My foot long beard is rubbing itself. Would require dog quarters for Frank though.

I'll stick with the mountains and weed.

I know firearms are barred from commercial vessels, but what about private?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
International waters, dude.

You'd be surrounded by miles of ocean.

Anything can happen out there.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

If you remember the :krad: Neil Blomkamp thing RAKKA I linked in here awhile ago. He just released a new short film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0V24IEHao

It's starts of The Thing like but goes in a waaaay different direction.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Naked Bear posted:

International waters, dude.

You'd be surrounded by miles of ocean.

Anything can happen out there.

Well, yeah. But you can't just set off from Florida and land in Australia with a boatload of rifles. Well. You could, but it would be more of a fuss than Johnny Depp's dogs.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Well, yeah. But you can't just set off from Florida and land in Australia with a boatload of rifles. Well. You could, but it would be more of a fuss than Johnny Depp's dogs.

Actually I'm pretty sure you can so long as they are declared

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ah, okay. That's weirdly interesting what with varying laws and poo poo by country.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

The Churn?

That was good reading.

I can't seem to finish the third book in the main series. It's not as good as the second book, which wasn't as good as the first book.

I fear the trend is steady.

It is. I completely gave up on the last book. I feel bad about it because it was a gift from my girlfriend.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah i couldn't get far into the 3rd one.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's a shame because Leviathans Wake was a once in a generation SCI-FI book. If you wiki the author you find out it's actually 2 dudes, and the books came from an idea for a space MMORPG.

The books just get steadily worse after Leviathans Wake.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It's a shame because Leviathans Wake was a once in a generation SCI-FI book. If you wiki the author you find out it's actually 2 dudes, and the books came from an idea for a space MMORPG.

The books just get steadily worse after Leviathans Wake.

You can easily point to where they got a deal from the publisher to keep writing the series

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Bolow posted:

If you remember the :krad: Neil Blomkamp thing RAKKA I linked in here awhile ago. He just released a new short film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0V24IEHao

It's starts of The Thing like but goes in a waaaay different direction.

I was skeptical at first because there seemed like a lot of very different things getting smashed together, but I was definitely onboard for the ending.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
For most of that entire thing I was thinking, "aw gently caress, this is some nightmare fuel," but holy moley, what a cocktease of an ending.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I want more of that other alien invasion shirt film stuff that he did, damnit!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I have a neatly trimmed beard which several men and women have complemented me on.

I am a qualified and practicing EMT.

I qualified expert on pistol, shot Rifleman when I tried out Appleseed, and I promise to bring classy guns with wood stocks all manufactured before 1960.

Boat me, kiwi.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 29, 2017

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I want more of that other alien invasion shirt film stuff that he did, damnit!

IIRC he's waiting to see how popular these short films are before working on Volume 2 of any of them. So expect to wait awhile :smith:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

I have a neatly trimmed beard which several men and women have complemented me on.

I am a qualified and practicing EMT.

I qualified expert on pistol, shot Rifleman when I tried out Appleseed, and I promise to bring classy guns with wood stocks all manufactured before 1960.

Boat me, kiwi.

Honestly dude get your STCW papers and we can talk. Like no joke we will need another deckhand. Emt is a huge plus too

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Pesticide20 posted:

You can easily point to where they got a deal from the publisher to keep writing the series

I liked all 3 of the first ones, especially when Holden is trying to be mister lawful good personified and realized "actually nobody likes people like that, they're pricks" and becomes much more likable.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There's some kind of Rick and Morty live event today at 9PM EST and a marathon currently ongoing.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/rick-and-morty

Information is sort of sketchy about what the event will actually be, but they sold tickets for it: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rick-and-morty-live-stream-tickets-35607571204

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So uh welcome back redneck nazgul. Want me to make you a new av?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

facialimpediment posted:

There's some kind of Rick and Morty live event today at 9PM EST and a marathon currently ongoing.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/rick-and-morty

Information is sort of sketchy about what the event will actually be, but they sold tickets for it: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rick-and-morty-live-stream-tickets-35607571204

They're running all the S1&2 episodes back to back from 6am EST today on that stream. Been advertising it all week on tv.

The live event was probably mentioned on Harmon's podcast, but I haven't listened lately.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

So uh welcome back redneck nazgul. Want me to make you a new av?

100k was excessive given the context and lack of historical evidence of being a loving pedo. That said, we're watching.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

100k was excessive given the context and lack of historical evidence of being a loving pedo. That said, we're watching.

Yeah I PMed Shim about it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Best time to do this? Fourth of July weekend, of course!!

It wouldn't be so bad if this notice went out like a week ago and my neighbors hadn't invited me and like 15 other people to their BBQ this weekend. :mad:

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 29, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Dad status:

Keeping the family tradition alive... Mangled the ends of two fingers with a power saw trying to cut down old fence panels to have the trash man take them away. Like my father and my grandfather before him (both cut their hands up on table saws).

Typing is hard.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Genocide Tendency posted:

Dad status:

Keeping the family tradition alive... Mangled the ends of two fingers with a power saw trying to cut down old fence panels to have the trash man take them away. Like my father and my grandfather before him (both cut their hands up on table saws).

Typing is hard.

Look, if your dad AND your grandfather mangled their hands on table saws trying to cut down those old fence panels, maybe you should have just left them alone.

Though good on you for not trying to use a table saw to do it.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

McNally posted:

Look, if your dad AND your grandfather mangled their hands on table saws trying to cut down those old fence panels, maybe you should have just left them alone.

Part of me is wondering how in the gently caress you'd do that, the rest is busy replaying every single near-miss with a saw I've ever had.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

Dad status:

Typing is hard.

Nice effort buddy but you can't have my name

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't know how you guys manage to gently caress up using sharp poo poo. I've built poo poo with power tools while stoned absolutely off my rear end and never so much as nicked myself. And five years of keeping my fingers in commercial kitchens.

I'd hate to see the bloodbath of paper and cardboard cuts if any of you worked in a warehouse with me.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I don't know how you guys manage to gently caress up using sharp poo poo. I've built poo poo with power tools while stoned absolutely off my rear end and never so much as nicked myself. And five years of keeping my fingers in commercial kitchens.

I'd hate to see the bloodbath of paper and cardboard cuts if any of you worked in a warehouse with me.

the countdown begins....

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The countdown has been running since I was a little kid on a grain farm.

Oh wait, I had a mangled hand from that drat dog bite six months ago.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The countdown has been running since I was a little kid on a grain farm.

Oh wait, I had a mangled hand from that drat dog bite six months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QSX9fEDllo&t=89s

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Username/post combo

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

McNally posted:

lol

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Part of me is wondering how in the gently caress you'd do that, the rest is busy replaying every single near-miss with a saw I've ever had.

:thejoke:
I imagine if I had any Army experience (I dont, praise Allah) the textbook would be for 4 guys to pick up a table saw, remove fence (tool fence) approach fence (vertical boundary fence), power on, carry alongside panels cutting.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
what loving army did you read about that had a loving table saw

dont give privates a table saw. mass cas would occur.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Zeris posted:

Wait, what :stare:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

TBeats posted:

what loving army did you read about that had a loving table saw

dont give privates a table saw. mass cas would occur.

I didn't. Tinker has/had a shitload of nice 3 phase monster tools. Acres of tools. The best tools. Friend of mine used to make a habit of stocking his shop from Gov't. auctions for cheap. He was def libertarian.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nazgul posts thing

I react to thing in a joking way

Shim puts in a 6'r and probably a regular ban. I speculate that the admin takes the ban reason at face value and upgrades to permanban+100,000 hr probation

I PM Shim about context and the harshness of the punishment

Assuming some discussion was had after that and the punishments are lifted

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

My mother told me this yesterday, how Bernie Sanders is saying thousands of people will die if Medicaid is cut. She related that to me as if it were a batshit insane thing to say, as if no one could possibly quantify the effects on people's lives of not being able to pay for healthcare. I guess now I know where she got that from.

e: and just so we're clear and I'm not just appealing to the "common sense" of a bunch of pinkos, it really is true.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Nazgul posts thing

I react to thing in a joking way

Shim puts in a 6'r and probably a regular ban. I speculate that the admin takes the ban reason at face value and upgrades to permanban+100,000 hr probation

I PM Shim about context and the harshness of the punishment

Assuming some discussion was had after that and the punishments are lifted

Actually that's the best description I've seen.

Trying to post coherently in the mod subforum when I'm high as balls at 3am was a treat.

• Locked thread