Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
people who think the company can't be any worse when vince dies, when the dude comes out he can work the crowd like nobody. remember when stephanie went through the table at mania and he comes out and just gets the crowd going, what you think this is a good thing how dare you and just makes them eat out of his hand

could you every imagine triple h or stephanie doing that? im going to tell you that it would never happen

i guess ill just agree to disagree with people who think a career wrestler marrying the bosses daughter can run an entertainment business better than the guy who actually built one up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Nobody said Vince was a bad on-screen character, just his decision in controlling on-screen talent is questionable at best. Dude messed up Bayley and Zayn in less than a year, then keeps trying to push Roman when nobody's buying it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Do it ironically posted:

i guess ill just agree to disagree with people who think a career wrestler marrying the bosses daughter can run an entertainment business better than the guy who actually built one up

That McMahon is dead.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
please, tell me, what has paul levesque done, himself that can be proven he did it that shows he would run the wwe better than vince, because maybe im just stupid i dont see it, he wasn't even a great in ring personality imo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Vince actually died in the limo explosion and his brother took his place.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Now that's a hot take

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Scott Steiner Is Right

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Nobody said Vince was a bad on-screen character, just his decision in controlling on-screen talent is questionable at best. Dude messed up Bayley and Zayn in less than a year, then keeps trying to push Roman when nobody's buying it.

Vince didn't make Bayley a boring wrestler who can't speak like a human.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he's done. NXT Bayley vs WWE Bayley are not the same. See also Sami Zayn, American Alpha, Enzo and Cass, all the cruiser weights, etc.

Raw and Smackdown are the big leagues you see and people will never get over without scripted promos and paint by numbers matches, and 50/50 booking.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Now that I think about it, I'm surprised Kevin Owens' main roster run hasn't been utterly sabotaged yet (unless you count jobbing to Goldberg in like five seconds)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
gently caress YEAH GO CARMELLA! GO BLISS!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bayley's promos weren't very good in NXT either.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

kinetic77 posted:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he's done. NXT Bayley vs WWE Bayley are not the same. See also Sami Zayn, American Alpha, Enzo and Cass, all the cruiser weights, etc.

Raw and Smackdown are the big leagues you see and people will never get over without scripted promos and paint by numbers matches, and 50/50 booking.

I mean, say what you want about Roman's character and booking, 85% of it has been terrible, but at the very least they got the kids 'n soccer moms portion of it right. It's the easiest section of the fanbase to get over with, they like the person that wins a lot and looks strong when they do it.

Bayley was tailor-made for that bit of the fanbase, and they screwed her up so much the kids were apparently cheering Bliss during their kendo stick match.

Character that's basically female Cena doesn't have a clean singles win on the main roster in like 7 months, gets the title handed to her by her friend, really only has one major clean successful defense of it at Mania in a multi match, then gets made to look like a schmuck in her first major defense feud and promptly loses it in her hometown THEN gets destroyed in the rematch where she refuses to go :ssj:.

That's like the complete opposite way to book someone to get over with their intended demographic, or ANY wrestling demo really.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Vince hosed up Bo Dallas, honestly, that's all the evidence you need.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Eli Wiggum posted:

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised Kevin Owens' main roster run hasn't been utterly sabotaged yet (unless you count jobbing to Goldberg in like five seconds)

I count the 8 months where he couldn't win a match even as Champion and the three matches he dropped back to Cena in a row after the one that he won.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If Triple H runs WWE like he runs NXT the company will go under in like 3 years from all the money it'll lose.

You say this like that isn't a service to humanity at this point.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
vince didn't think austin would get over because he has a texas accent. basically the only reason he's a success today is because his competitors were far more incompetent and he had the right people around him at critical moments and occasionally deferred to them.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

triple h is just going to sell to disney or whoever

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Do it ironically posted:

Its mindblowing how people in this thread treat Vince like he is some kind of idiot. The dude is a ruthless competitor, won the war and now he is some kind of Ozymandias or Ivan the great. He doenst care about wrestling and never did, he just want to be an entertainer and make lots of money.

Triple H has his father in law pockets and is trying to kill the independent scene so he can have a vanity wrestling show. He even put himself over with the Mauro thing, he will kill the wwe or Stephanie its going to sell it to Disney or something like that

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vince is so stupid that one hour of his programming a week gets more money than every other wrestling company in the world will.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
If Disney bought the WWE we could get an Avengers vs. The Shield match so I'm all for that. Or Darth Vader vs. Undertaker.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

If Disney bought the WWE we could get an Avengers vs. The Shield match so I'm all for that. Or Darth Vader vs. Undertaker.

Marvel vs. Capcom vs. WWE

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Vince Was Always Bad

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Seams posted:

vince didn't think austin would get over because he has a texas accent. basically the only reason he's a success today is because his competitors were far more incompetent and he had the right people around him at critical moments and occasionally deferred to them.

This

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

DoctorGonzo posted:

Its mindblowing how people in this thread treat Vince like he is some kind of idiot.

Vince McMahon didn't know what a burrito was

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Vince McMahon didn't know people masturbate to Asian women

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seams posted:

So there is no competition, Stephanie and HHH are loving morons and its Vince´s fault?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vince clearly isn't an idiot, but age and success and being pretty much the only (big) game in town has seen him rest on his laurels/not feel challenged or driven to shake things up or try new things.

I'm pretty sure it's in Foley's first book that Vince had a moment sometime after Pillman's death where he realized time may have passed him by and actively encouraged everybody to bring him ideas/changes for their characters. They threw a bunch of poo poo at the wall in desperation because WCW was eating them alive, and while there was a lot of rubbish in there some of it really struck a chord, headlined by Steve Austin being incredible and Vince finding new life as an amazing heel. But that was 20 years ago and they're largely just been repeating in diluted form a lot of the same basic storylines (the Authority in particular) and it does feel like time for another overhaul.

That's unlikely to happen within the next year or two based on the ever increasing TV revenues they got as part of their deal on USA (an incredible deal that people were disappointed by since WWE actively promised it would be even better) and there's a lot still to like in WWE, but it does feel pretty creatively stagnant over all. That's not Vince being an idiot, that's just Vince being lazy/resistant to change.

Edit: And I agree that if they successfully manage to trap Vince in a giant steel box at the core of the Earth, HHH and Stephanie are likely to either just act as Vince 2.0 models or look at offloading the company to some giant media corp like Disney.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

You're right, it was the Performance Center that did that.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This forum thinks that Bayley is good, LOL at calling Vince an idiot

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bayley is good....AT BEING WORSE THAN ALEXA!

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Rewatch NXT from the second womens' tournament through to Asuka getting the belt, and try to say Bayley isn't good. Hell, just watch Sasha v Bayley at TakeOver: Brooklyn.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vince is so dumb he's getting Brock/Reigns over with at Summerslam instead of Mania

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That DICK! posted:

all wrestlers are miserable, miserable little sacks of poo poo who deserve death. AJ is a rightwing nut, Seth is a Nazi, Dean is an anti-vaxxer. Kill em all
of the two versions of broke-brain you exhibit, i much prefer the bizarre silly broke-brain to the woke-brain broke-brain turd

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Agreed, Scott Steiner owns bones

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
People who are convinced Triple H will be better at booking 5 hours of weekly television (8 on PPV weeks) because he books an hour of good weekly television, along with 2.5 hour PPVs four times a year, will never cease to amaze me.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Character that's basically female Cena

I don't think Bayley was or is anything like a female Cena. Bayley never had any 'edge' which Cena had from the beginning, and while I didn't like his promos for a long time, he was definitely skilled at cutting them.

Bayley isn't even similar to pre-rapping Cena, much less Rapper / Marine / Superman Cena. She's loving terrible on the mic. She doesn't have the advantage of working with world-class wrestlers either, so I doubt she'll get much better in the ring unless that changes. Cena debuted by slapping Angle, Bayley has never been anything like that.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bayley is only like Cena in that she was supposedly popular with women and children, then her main event had a historic level of women changing the channel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sami, American Alpha, and whatever the other "main roster ruined them" go-tos everyone has are mostly still entertaining. They're booked badly, but they didn't suddenly become brain damaged sloppy botchers who can't wrestle as well as Stephen Amell, TV's Green Arrow.

(Not Enzo and Cass obviously since they always sucked, but the others.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

This Trumpfan thinks a senile 70-year-old is a bonanza of good decision-making.

• Locked thread