Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

wicka posted:

They're not investigating Hamilton at all because he quite clearly did absolutely nothing wrong.

They're investigating the clash, so yeah Hamilton will be investigated too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Vettel one race ban you heard it here first.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dentist toy box posted:

Vettel one race ban you heard it here first.

im going to kick your rear end

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't think Vettel should get a race ban but also think it would be extremely funny if he did and won the WDC anyways

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

djssniper posted:

quote:

It is understood Hamilton's driving in the incident is not in question and the hearing will focus on Vettel's behaviour.

Wish I could read.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Human Grand Prix posted:

And I said, what about, breakfast at Flavio's.

Beats a weekend at Bernie's

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

This thread lmao

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

djssniper posted:

You can crush us
You can bruise us
But you'll have to answer to
The guns of Brackley

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Powershift posted:

Beats a weekend at Bernie's

Alonso is Terry Kiser. :smith:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Sorry Lang haters. Another Alt+F1 with Drew and Dave.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Considering applying for a job at Honda Canada, once they get a taste for me I'm almost certainly going to be put on the F1 engine program where I can right the ship.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

They make good lawn mower motors, maybe you could stick one in your go kart.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

their kart engines aren't well regarded here, Briggs & Stratton pretty much wiped them when they entered the market.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I like the new thread title. That is all.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

Credit to Reddit guy:

Read it and weep Ferrari fans and / or Hamilton haters. Proof that Vettel is A) poo poo at driving and B) A huge blubbering vagina that gets mad at other people when he fucks up.

This is fake, my uncle at Maranello said so.

Has Hamilton been banned from F1 forever yet?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1500quidporsche posted:

their kart engines aren't well regarded here, Briggs & Stratton pretty much wiped them when they entered the market.

Interesting, in the 4-strokes they're practically a monopoly in the UK, although I don't think we have B+S anywhere in any market.

The 2-strokes seem to be Rotax or Tal-ko.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Are Rossie, good and cool
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV46KK6Df9i/

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Another wdc with a good and honest take

https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status/880346946283720705

The FIA are loving around and i dont think they know what will happen if they interfere with this championship. VERY DANGEROUS!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Vettel was already punished for his dangerous driving, he's now facing an FIA tribunal for being a petulant man-baby for the 2nd time in 6 months.

God I hope they send him to anger-management. Liberty Media can set up live streaming.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
he was punished once

he hit HAM twice and overtook him under the safety car

two more penalties are coming

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

That's pretty much my take, he had his punishment - move on. The fact he finished ahead of Lewis is neither here nor there.

From TLTIJA:

quote:

It seems odd that Vettel could do something so blatant and so clearly aggressive to another driver and yet to come away from the race with more points than Hamilton and to extend his championship lead. That doesn’t seem right in terms of sporting equity.

If Lewis wanted to come away with more points then maybe his engineer responsible for fitting the headrest shouldn't have hosed up :v:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

DoctorGonzo posted:

Another wdc with a good and honest take

https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status/880346946283720705

The FIA are loving around and i dont think they know what will happen if they interfere with this championship. VERY DANGEROUS!

Lmbo is this a loving Trump tweet?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

enri posted:

That's pretty much my take, he had his punishment - move on. The fact he finished ahead of Lewis is neither here nor there.

Christ, if this had been Hamilton driving into Vettel you'd have made 100k posts in this thread calling for his head. Good thing it was Vettel so we can all move along! Nothing to see here guys! heh!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

enri posted:

The fact he finished ahead of Lewis is neither here nor there.

Ball don't lie.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NtotheTC posted:

Christ, if this had been Hamilton driving into Vettel you'd have made 100k posts in this thread calling for his head. Good thing it was Vettel so we can all move along! Nothing to see here guys! heh!

Vettel got a 10 second penalty, we should be moving along. I dont know what the FIA is thinking with this circus but it wont end well for anyone.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Vettel got a 10 second penalty, we should be moving along. I dont know what the FIA is thinking with this circus but it wont end well for anyone.

It won't end well for Vettel fans who can't admit their favourite driver did something wrong, certainly. Vettel was on his last warning after Mexico last year, he BARELY escaped without punishment for that outburst. So yeah, he kind of has it coming if he can't control his tantrums.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

enri posted:

If Lewis wanted to come away with more points then maybe his engineer responsible for fitting the headrest shouldn't have hosed up :v:

This idiot poo poo is easily the worst take this thread has ever produced.

DoctorGonzo posted:

They're thinking that intentionally crashing into a driver is unacceptable under any circumstances, period, it is one of the stupidest and most childish things a driver can do, and a 10 second penalty that leaves you ahead of the guy you hit quite clearly isn't punishment enough.

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
lmao @ the thread having a breakdown because lewis brake checked vettel

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Vettel is old news, and so is Hamilton. The real disgrace was Max's car failing AGAIN. someone is trying to keep him down. Who?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

tupacalypse posted:

lmao @ the thread having a breakdown because lewis brake checked vettel

I'm fairly certain on which side of the debate having the breakdown (hint: it's the ones having to plug their fingers in their ears and go "AALALALALALA LEWIS BRAKE CHECKED VETTEL" so that they can still clutch their Vettel plushy at night without feeling shame).

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka posted:

They're thinking that intentionally crashing into a driver is unacceptable under any circumstances, period, it is one of the stupidest and most childish things a driver can do, and a 10 second penalty that leaves you ahead of the guy you hit quite clearly isn't punishment enough.

So? punish Mercedes for being loving idiots then

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

NtotheTC posted:

I'm fairly certain on which side of the debate having the breakdown (hint: it's the ones having to plug their fingers in their ears and go "AALALALALALA LEWIS BRAKE CHECKED VETTEL" so that they can still clutch their Vettel plushy at night without feeling shame).

they are trolling

no one on the planet is so retarded they believe that

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Oh poo poo, yesterday marked AN ENTIRE DECADE of me poo poo posting in these terrible threads. Break out the champagne, folks.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Dubs posted:

they are trolling

no one on the planet is so retarded they believe that

I wish I lived in your world.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NtotheTC posted:

I wish I lived in your world.

nice meltdown

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

wicka posted:

Oh poo poo, yesterday marked AN ENTIRE DECADE of me poo poo posting in these terrible threads. Break out the champagne, folks.

be nice wicka

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Either you're suggesting that the penalty should take into account the fact that Mercedes hosed up or you're really loving ineloquent.

Stewards would've been well within their rights to black flag Vettel. They actively decided not to do that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Either you're suggesting that the penalty should take into account the fact that Mercedes hosed up or you're really loving ineloquent.

Stewards would've been well within their rights to black flag Vettel. They actively decided not to do that.

Yes, and apparently the FIA thinks they should've done that, or at least been much harsher. Why is this confusing?

And yes, if the goal of a penalty is to put one driver behind the driver he hit (which seemed to be the case to me), it probably should take into account the realities of the race. Again, shouldn't be confusing.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka posted:

Yes, and apparently the FIA thinks they should've done that, or at least been much harsher. Why is this confusing?

And yes, if the goal of a penalty is to put one driver behind the driver he hit (which seemed to be the case to me), it probably should take into account the realities of the race. Again, shouldn't be confusing.

The stewards ARE Fia
Hamilton ended behind Seb because they hosed up, the crash wasnt a factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

The stewards ARE Fia
Hamilton ended behind Seb because they hosed up, the crash wasnt a factor.

The stewards are not FIA any more than you are the CEO of whatever company you work for. Jesus Christ, how can you be so fundamentally ignorant to how reality works?

• Locked thread