Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Narcan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

because she's cute and lusts for the blood of subhuman muslim fundamentalists, duh

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

god it would have been so great if obama had poo poo on every conservative media figure the way trump melts down about dumb gently caress talking heads on tee vee

Trump's twitter game is on-point, and he isn't the one that "melts-down." He is using the bully pulpit quite effectively, and if Obama was half as engaging with the media etc, the ACA would be a much better piece of legislation.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

its treats opioid overdoses can be administrated by first responders

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

it's an anti-od medication for opiods. helps prevent an overdose killing you a lot of the time from what I hear.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its treats opioid overdoses can be administrated by first responders

Also available over the counter in most pharmacies.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Everyone else who responded is correct. It's administered nasally and it reverses heroin overdoses. It's a legitimate lifesaver. I've personally seen it in action, and recommend everyone to carry it, especially in places like PA.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tulsi Gabbard 2020 imo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Trump's twitter game is on-point, and he isn't the one that "melts-down." He is using the bully pulpit quite effectively, and if Obama was half as engaging with the media etc, the ACA would be a much better piece of legislation.

The real crime of decorum is that it made people forget that the bully pulpit can be used by anyone political which is why you have things like pelosi telling the most active parts of the party to gently caress off then her croneys asking why what she says matters

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GalacticAcid posted:

Everyone else who responded is correct. It's administered nasally and it reverses heroin overdoses. It's a legitimate lifesaver. I've personally seen it in action, and recommend everyone to carry it, especially in places like PA.

info about the opioid epidemic snuck up on me so like 2 years ago i would've been like "everyone should carry anti-overdose medication???? thats crazy"

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i guess tulsi trips idiots up because her bloodthirsty interventionism is just slightly off kilter compared to the rest of the democratic party, so she's mistaken for being against the warhawks, which she, uh, definitely isn't

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think I actually want Gabbard and Harris to both be in the next primary, so I can hear people tie their brains in knots explaining why everything bad about Gabbard is actually good about Harris

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Al! posted:

info about the opioid epidemic snuck up on me so like 2 years ago i would've been like "everyone should carry anti-overdose medication???? thats crazy"

I've started seeing people with buttons on their personal bags on the subway that read "I'm carrying Narcan" and now there's Vivitrol ads on buses. Pretty wild.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venuz Patrol posted:

i guess tulsi trips idiots up because her bloodthirsty interventionism is just slightly off kilter compared to the rest of the democratic party, so she's mistaken for being against the warhawks, which she, uh, definitely isn't

you are, uh, definitely garbo

namaste

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm not sure if the heroin death parade is in the more urban parts of the state. But then I don't get out much regardless, so maybe half my block is junkies for all i know. I am only aware that it's a thing and don't really know details.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

GalacticAcid posted:

I've started seeing people with buttons on their personal bags on the subway that read "I'm carrying Narcan" and now there's Vivitrol ads on buses. Pretty wild.

helps that there is actual pollitical will to go after pharma companies that have started to jack up their prices, iirc it was a schneiderman pet project for a while.

still sucks that it's sort of going the way of the epipen though. I'm not up to speed on what the copyright siutation is with naloxone

Gunshow Poophole has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Jun 29, 2017

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I'm not sure if the heroin death parade is in the more urban parts of the state. But then I don't get out much regardless, so maybe half my block is junkies for all i know. I am only aware that it's a thing and don't really know details.
heroin abuse is pretty common in the richer (whiter) suburbs it's actually disturbingly common for 911 handling several teens ODing a month

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

GalacticAcid posted:

Holy poo poo its actually getting that bad? I live in the midwest but in the area with more Walter Whites than Lou Reeds.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Feldegast42 posted:

Holy poo poo its actually getting that bad? I live in the midwest but in the area with more Walter Whites than Lou Reeds.

27,000 people per square mile here, man

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I'm under the impression it's a bit more muted in Philly. Pittsburgh it's rough, especially the immediate suburbs. The smaller cities like York and Lanc and poo poo are in the heart of it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

more people die from ODs now than car accidents

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Al! posted:

more people die from ODs now than car accidents
If your car has 3 airbags you're encouraging the abuse of accidents.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the solution is of course to continue to prosecute users, low level dealers, and greedy doctors on a case by case basis while allowing insurance companies to consider addiction a pre-existing condition

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Feldegast42 posted:

Yeah, and this is in New York City.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and go back a lot though. It's way worse there, every couple months somebody I knew in high school ODs. Sad.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i wanna dive face first into a big ol bag of fentanyl

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

deadgoon posted:

would you like a plane ticket to moscow

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

deadgoon posted:

I watched the Vice thing on this in Canada and holy gently caress I needed a drink after that.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

dave always has the worst replies

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/880486823826477056

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

deadgoon posted:

i don't have my university access any more but there's a body of literature starting to build around the likelihood of accidental environmental exposure to fent / carfent because it's so motherfucking strong.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I can't get over the post he quoted lmao

quote:

SIEGEL: Well, first, as to message, I went to the website of Jon Ossoff, the Democrat who lost in Georgia last week. And there's a list of priorities. Number one, it says, our economy. John's a small business owner, executive, entrepreneur. He knows what it means to grow a company, meet a payroll, balance budgets. And it goes on to say that he has the experience to help Georgia develop into an economic powerhouse. And he also stands for raising the minimum wage to equal pay for equal work. What's the matter with that message? What's wrong with the priority there?

MOULTON: Well, that's actually a pretty good message. 

ossof's entire economic message was "I did a business and can do an economy, and we should make the minimum wage a uh good one" that's not a loving platform

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

I mean it looks bad, but it's really just CC posting on his alts.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
"Messages are good............ in bottles." - Democrats

its a good joke if you think about what that implies hth

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the bitcoin of weed posted:

ossof's entire economic message was "I did a business and can do an economy, and we should make the minimum wage a uh good one" that's not a loving platform

They don't actually want a platform.

Frijolero posted:

I mean it looks bad, but it's really just CC posting on his alts.

:discourse:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol

"PROUD OBAMA/CLINTON DEMOCRAT"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nonsense posted:

lol

"PROUD OBAMA/CLINTON DEMOCRAT"

oh good i was afraid i was the only person who'd mouseover'd that person and promptly giggled

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

The Nastier Nate posted:

At least our millionaire democrat governor actually made things instead of being a Wall St guy!
I'm looking at you New Jersey!

Rip Bernie man came in third

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Why do these people follow him

It's optional

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

loquacius posted:

Why do these people follow him

It's optional
they didn't realize he became a racsexist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the bitcoin of weed posted:

look it was on his website what more do you want!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Daily reminder:

Ossoff hinged his entire campaign on deficit reduction :lol::lol::lol:

• Locked thread