Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Ventana posted:

Huh, so getting the blood moon there reset the orbs out of the pedastals? I wouldn't have expected that.

The Blood Moon quite literally stole the sphere out of my hands and put the other one back on its resurrected Hinox. When I retried the quest later on, I realized I had originally put the first sphere in the wrong platform because it didn't turn blue when I set it, so I suppose I had done the equivalent of just dropping the sphere on the ground. If the Blood Moon hadn't hit I probably would've realized my mistake and put them in the right place, and maybe that makes them stick even through a Blood Moon? Who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Blood Moons are a world reset to stop the game from using up too much memory tracking all the poo poo you do. Its why they can trigger pretty close if you go around murdering a bunch of stuff, or can be spaced out for what feels like forever if you just wander around not killing stuff. Everything that isn't in inventory or chests is affected.

They'll even reset shrines so you can grind Major Challenges of Strength for those sweet guardian weapons.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It also gives some insight into the blood moon glitch where they were happening incredibly often, during the day, twice in a row, etc, until you restarted the game. If some data wasn't being properly dumped during the blood moon, it could trigger again relatively quickly.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Blood moon? More like Blood-y hell not this cutscene again I get it Zelda ok moon

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Supercar Gautier posted:

It also gives some insight into the blood moon glitch where they were happening incredibly often, during the day, twice in a row, etc, until you restarted the game. If some data wasn't being properly dumped during the blood moon, it could trigger again relatively quickly.

That makes a lot of sense given the issue seems to happen more frequently if you put the system into sleep mode rather than shutting it off entirely. By the end of March I was getting blood moons every 10 minutes or so.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Bongo Bill posted:

Oops! All Dungeons
I laughed out loud.

This is hilariously apt. As somebody who doesn't even like dungeons, you can imagine why I think Skyward Sword is barely a Zelda game and Breath of the Wild is the best in decades, and maybe the best period.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Frankston posted:

Blood moon? More like Blood-y hell not this cutscene again I get it Zelda ok moon

You can skip it, at least.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Yeah it was already kinda obvious that Blood Moons were world resets. I still think that's strange that it reset the progress of a puzzle the guy was already doing. But I guess there's little to account for when it just checks to put items back where they should be. I'm really curious if it would've reset the placed one if it was in that correct pedastal (my guess is no, cause it only reset the other 2 when they were still counted for being loose in the normal overworld).

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
DLC is live on Wii U

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ok it's 12:00 EST I have the dlc bought already, what now?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

jivjov posted:

DLC is live on Wii U

How do you access it?

E: have to force it to check for updates, at least on switch.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

If you're on the Switch, close the game and hit + or - for Options and then download update via internet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I checked the store page for the game; when I came back out to the home screen, it was downloading for me.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
There are "books of rumors" about the DLC items. spoiler list below:

Travel Medallion - South Akkala Stable
Korok Mask - Woodland Stable
Misko's Treasure - Outpost Ruins

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

Hot drat am I stoked, downloading the dlc now

I spent three weeks of free time playing when it first came out, can't wait to jump back into it

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Chest placement for the Medallion is rude as all hell.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
It's nice to feel terrified and woefully unprepared in this game again. Plateau is gonna take me a while.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Crawfish posted:

Chest placement for the Medallion is rude as all hell.

TBH I'm more mad about finding a diamond circlet in the same location

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Korok mask is sort of a pain, but less so.

It feels like they scaled back the gimmick of the area to be less annoying than normal.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Crawfish posted:

The Korok mask is sort of a pain, but less so.

It feels like they scaled back the gimmick of the area to be less annoying than normal.

Only in the one spot around the mask, it seems

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hero's path revealed that I fast travel too much, died a ton and somehow never even went to the central area of hyrule field.

Porstuve
Apr 4, 2015

The Hero's Path is hilarious. It was funny to see a bunch of my early deaths especially when they were clustered around certain enemies like the Zora's Domain and Coliseum lynels

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The faint echoing death screams are a nice touch

Porstuve
Apr 4, 2015

How's everyone doing with the Trial of the Sword? I got my rear end kicked after the first non-combat floor. Gonna go after the DLC items before I give it another go

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Master Mode aint no joke

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Norns posted:

Master Mode aint no joke

the floating platform chests have stronger weapons to take on tougher enemies. at least that's how i'm getting through it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone know where the "ruins where sinners were imprisoned" where one of the Tingle pieces is hidden is?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Got all the DLC gear. None of it can be upgraded, which makes it a bummer that all of it is so low defense wise.

Edit: Nor can any of it be dyed.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 30, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does Master Mode do anything to make it so Talus and Hinox are less of a joke to fight, or do they just have more HP?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

jivjov posted:

Anyone know where the "ruins where sinners were imprisoned" where one of the Tingle pieces is hidden is?

Hyrule Castle's prison? Or the coliseum?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Internet Kraken posted:

Does Master Mode do anything to make it so Talus and Hinox are less of a joke to fight, or do they just have more HP?

Don't boss-like enemies like that regen HP as you fight them?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Hyrule Castle's prison? Or the coliseum?

Probably the former. Latter was something else entirely.

Edit: yeah, that was it

jivjov fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 30, 2017

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Thank you Master Mode for adding loving LYNELS to the plateau!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

jivjov posted:

Don't boss-like enemies like that regen HP as you fight them?

They have plenty of HP. The reason they are too easy is because Taluses can't do anything if you climb them and Hinox are trivial to stunlock with repeated eye hits. If they didn't do anything to prevent you from just doing that over and over, no amount of HP would make them difficult.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm simply upset that there's a spot west of Lanayru that I didn't walk in at all

Also I went to Gerudo first and basically stopped dying after I did that area and got to Kakariko

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It might be a good idea to turn on the shekiah sensor for chests when you enter the trials. I was about to leave the third floor before I thought about turning it on, and there's two chests in that room alone.

One is impossible to reach when you've killed all the enemies.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I would pay $20 just for a visual-only version of the Sheikah Sensor, just because that "bwip-bwip" is the sound that taunts me as I go sleep and greets me when I wake

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So am I reading this right that Master Mode is its own save file that doesn't mess with your main save file? You can't just turn it on and off in your main save?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
me: hasn't even finished hyrule tower in
me: immediately downloads the season pass the minute i heard 'new content available!'

I'm an easy mark. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where do you get the Phantom Knight armour? That's pretty much the only DLC costume that I care about.