Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Trading TT and keeping Kevin love is a great way to have a bad defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

chunkles posted:

isn't Sporting News one of those made up twitter spam websites

Sporting News has been around forever, it used to be a print publication. These days I mostly just see them linked when one of their columnists goes on a right-wing rant

No clue about that guy, though as others have pointed out the deal isn't really possible

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think the Pistons are going to trade Andre Drummond for Blake Griffin

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

God only $27M for Bogdan I love this summer so far. This will be the first good off-season for the Kings ever. I feel it.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Spoeank posted:

They have 9 guys on their first deals, including 2Bog Dan. They tore it all the way down to the studs to start over.

I'd much rather this than Rajon Rondo and Marco Belinelli and Omri Casspi and 30 wins forever

Karma for WhyteRyce hating on Hinkie and the process for so long is the Kings doing this but with Vlade running it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jota posted:

Karma for WhyteRyce hating on Hinkie and the process for so long is the Kings doing this but with Vlade running it

To be fair I've hated what the Kings were doing as well. I have a lot of hate in my heart

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Tae posted:

Three years ago, Morey chose to sign Trevor Ariza over Chandler Parsons. And now there's a story that Ariza was a big part of the CP3 recruitment because they're friends.

Morey came from the future.

The new hot undervalued intangible in the NBA is role players/bench warmers who are bros with superstars.

I'm not really joking here. Why the gently caress else is Bobby Brown is on the Rockets roster?

edit: I actually made that Bobby Brown joke before I read this

quote:

One reason is the Rockets had three great recruiters who were in Paul’s ear to come to Houston: Harden, starting small forward Trevor Ariza and reserve point guard Bobby Brown. There are levels to this stuff, as Harden and Paul are members of the NBA elite world and have been friends for a while. Who knows what they have been talking about behind the scenes? Ariza and Brown are also former New Orleans Hornets teammates of Paul’s, and they remain close friends.

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 30, 2017

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
can the cavs participate in a sign a trade since they're so far over the cap or is it only for the signing team?

edit: aren't sign+trades also 1 player exclusive, can't package other players in the trade?

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 30, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This, seems like a bad trade.

E: Also Sporting News is the network your small market local (or third station big market) AM sports radio station gets its late night programing/hourly news updates (if they're really poor) if they aren't an ESPN station or don't have a contract with Fox (or only have a partial contract with Fox, since they do that). You might also find that you have their station on your cable for some reason, where there's a talk radio section after the Kid Bopz and Ritmo Latino.

"What? Run the Knicks? gently caress YOU!"

Rick fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 30, 2017

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

RaySmuckles posted:

can the cavs participate in a sign a trade since they're so far over the cap or is it only for the signing team?

https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/880610381697175552

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

He is that precisely, a Donald MacDonald, a Muhammad Ibn Muhammad

Potential top 5 pick and Texas recruit Mohammed Bamba was accused by his half brother of accepting $200 a week and other gifts from a financial advisor.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports....ancial-advisor/

https://www.facebook.com/ibrahim.johnson.5/videos/1509267002466218/

$200 A WEEK?? THAT'S ALMOST $10,500 A YEAR! He'S MAKING A SHAM OF THE NOBLE ENDEAVOR OF NOT PAYING ATHLETES DESPITE THE BILLIONS WORTH OF REVENUE THEY GENERATE!

lol the NCAA is literally going to try to punish him for this petty poo poo

I wonder whose job it will be to pretend like this is a Serious Problem and Look Into The Matter, and can you imagine how poo poo that person is? Maybe it's some Oklahoma fan, going for the extra petty school rivalry attack

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Owned

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Tae posted:

Three years ago, Morey chose to sign Trevor Ariza over Chandler Parsons. And now there's a story that Ariza was a big part of the CP3 recruitment because they're friends.

Morey came from the future.

Parsons recruited Dwight Howard, Ariza recruited Chris Paul

It's clear who the better person is here

Guess they'll just have to trade PG to Houston then

Really the only way these PG to Houston rumors will come true is if the Pacers decide the invoke the Chaos God

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 30, 2017

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Check out poster when poster get up

He ain't even get up that far

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Sorry it took so long to get that scheduled reply in. I haven't logged in all day and I get here and see five hundred new posts. Off-season is nutty!

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Nick thank god. I thought something had happened

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
ok. do it. kyrie go, lebron go. let's all just shoot me in the face why dont you

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/880472665919770624

What do the Ricky Lovers out there say

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Zach Lowe said on his podcast that a lot of NBA GMs believe Ibaka is older than his listed age, which I have also been believing for a long time (since 2012 when he started Dating Keri Hilson)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

That would be a really loving good team if Thibs can teach them how to play defense

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

EvanTH posted:

Zach Lowe said on his podcast that a lot of NBA GMs believe Ibaka is older than his listed age, which I have also been believing for a long time (since 2012 when he started Dating Keri Hilson)

Maybe he's older maybe, but he's a great dude who I'll always root for. http://theundefeated.com/features/nba-serge-ibaka-first-fathers-day/

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

The Glumslinger posted:

That would be a really loving good team if Thibs can teach them how to play defense

How is Lowry as a defender? I get the sense playing alongside Butler would take a lot of the defensive burden off of him

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

How is Lowry as a defender? I get the sense playing alongside Butler would take a lot of the defensive burden off of him

He is a point guard, so I'm gonna guess he isn't very good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
If KAT and Wiggins becomes the defenders they can be hiding a PG on offense is relatively easy against all but like the Warriors.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Above average. But you're right, if he could play next to Butler he could probably save a lot more energy for offense and maybe not disappear every April

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I sub "I hope he comes to play for my favorite team" cause they won't be competing anytime soon so they may as well be fun as heck

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lowry seems like a totally unnecessary player on the Wolves.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Nick thank god. I thought something had happened

Just beach vacation bubby. Today I went to the Nike factory Outlet (a staple) and saw some flyknit KDs and wept at how awful they looked

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kyle Lowry is really good so as long as we don't give Rubio away for scraps then I could probably deal with it.

Isn't he in his 30s though? If it's a long term deal that's my only concern.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Yeah he'll probably be very good next two years and not so good two years after that

DeimosRising posted:

I sub "I hope he comes to play for my favorite team" cause they won't be competing anytime soon so they may as well be fun as heck

I know everyone else usually says this, but I never do, but I think the T'Wolves make the playoffs this year, and they definitely do if they get Lowry.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Pacers looking for top picks in exchange for PG you say? Gotta be able to snatch up those useless white guys before anyone else.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The Wolves with Lowry might actually be a wild card contender. Wiggins probably needs to take a big step forward for them to be legit, but that's two all-star additions to a team that already competes against the Warriors better than they should.

I'm kind of surprised the Pelicans aren't going after Lowry, as he seems like one of the better realistic FAs they could sign. Actually, are the Pelicans trying to do anything right now? They could be another wild card team since the Davis/Cousins combo is a match up problem for anyone, but they need some shooters badly.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Blind Pineapple posted:

The Wolves with Lowry might actually be a wild card contender. Wiggins probably needs to take a big step forward for them to be legit, but that's two all-star additions to a team that already competes against the Warriors better than they should.

I'm kind of surprised the Pelicans aren't going after Lowry, as he seems like one of the better realistic FAs they could sign. Actually, are the Pelicans trying to do anything right now? They could be another wild card team since the Davis/Cousins combo is a match up problem for anyone, but they need some shooters badly.

Even if they don't get Lowry, if Hayward leaves Utah there is no reason why Minnesota can't be there in that jungle of teams from 4 - 11 after the Warriors, Spurs, and Rockets.

And they don't really compete better against the Warriors.

The Pelicans don't have the cap room to open up a max slot for Lowry, because they spent all their money on guys like E'Twaun Moore and Solomon Hill last offseason.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cavs can do this if they send out more salary then they take, that's an exception to the Tax-capped S&T.

Lowry is way better but his age is a concern. KAT and Wiggins will be hitting their early prime in ~3 years or so and I would be concerned having key members declining. Butler is probably on the outside edge of that window, but he also doesn't have as much NBA mileage so I think his decline will be a bit delayed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Blind Pineapple posted:

Don't the pelicans only have like 13 million in space

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I was hoping New Orleans could find a way to trade for Chris Paul. How exciting would that homecoming have been

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Butler's only been in the league for like 6 years and only really started playing in like some of his second. It's crazy.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lowry is a weird defender. He gambles a lot for cheeky plays but has pretty good awareness most of the time. I wouldn't say he's a bad defender in any way but like someone said 90% of pgs get roasted any way.

Him on the T-Wolves would be fun I think

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Are you saying serge would lie cause that's some slander if I've ever heard it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Tae posted:

Butler's only been in the league for like 6 years and only really started playing in like some of his second. It's crazy.

Yes, but if we count Thibs years-I think he's entering his 12th season?

BWV posted:

Him on the T-Wolves would be fun I think

I'd rather Dedmon, Ingles, and a backup point for the same cost.... but it's not as if I'd complain about Lowry.

• Locked thread