Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Not PEx's posting. I was there, I know he was totally 100% for real. Dude loving thought that mankind could become immortal star children, and then cried about Chris Benoit. I mean I don't think most of the people here "celebrating" his post are doing it in earnest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Call Me Charlie posted:

I don't think the people celebrating that quote realize that he posted that during the 2008 primary and was also 100% sure that Hillary Clinton was going to win the primary and that Mitt Romney was going to beat her in the general.

The real hillarity is when he turned from his Obama diatribes (such as above) to defending Hillary (along with Willa) without a hint of irony or cynicism. It was just the best.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
That PEx guy had some okay stuff but really, for me at least, it was all about Butt Cord.

moller fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jun 30, 2017

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Ardennes posted:

The real hillarity is when he turned from his Obama diatribes (such as above) to defending Hillary (along with Willa) without a hint of irony or cynicism. It was just the best.

There was a two-week period in the '08 primary where Willa condemned me as a Clinton supporter (I was not), and then condemned me for not being a Clinton fan. (I still was not)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

well, willa's back and she hates hillary too, so you can be glad in that knowledge

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

VitalSigns posted:

So you're still keeping up this gimmick of castigating Bernie Sanders for supporting worthless half-measures and not being pure enough to call for full communism now, and then turning around and saying everyone who doesn't support the latest corporate Democrat proposal from the center-right is a totally unreasonable dreamer, eh

Oh, no, it's clearly centrist and will fail to excite anyone but it's still a) better than the status quo and b) not a "move to the right"

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyway the politics of 2017 are different from the politics of 2016 and everyone should push for single payer because it's easier to explain than say French multiplayer and either would be a radical change over what we have

Fados
Jan 7, 2013
I like Malcolm X, I can't be racist!

Put this racist dipshit on ignore immediately!
A French multiplayer system would indeed be hard to explain. Healthcare is no game after all.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Who was that dude with the hillbilly avatar that got specifically called out for getting the Secret Service called on LF/Lowtax? TenementFunster?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Myltipayer whatever phone postin'

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

call to action posted:

Who was that dude with the hillbilly avatar that got specifically called out for getting the Secret Service called on LF/Lowtax? TenementFunster?

e: Oops, I was wrong, it was Maggot Master, a goddamn red, aryangoku92, and NATO. I don't remember which one had the hillbilly av. MM had Brock Samson, I think.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 30, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/881169730748502016

letting people die needlessly is astonishingly moral when you consider the innovation that results from it!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Condiv posted:

letting people die needlessly is astonishingly moral when you consider the innovation that results from it!

odd tho how this perfect system lays the cost in blood of innovation on the shoulders of the lower class

:thunk:

Condiv fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 1, 2017

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Condiv posted:

This was literally Abuela's healthcare platform.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
PEX's meltdown over Chris Benoit was the best

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He loving cried IRL. I've never laughed harder at someone's tears.:laffo:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MooselanderII posted:

The problem with these tiny fixes is that people don't recognize or care about them and then they go and elect Republicans who pledge to undo them anyways. Better to aim big if it can result in electoral success that can lead to sustained and deep rooted reform.

¿Porque no los dos?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

¿Porque no los dos?

I think Moose is probably okay with both being carried out. We just shouldn't, you know. Expect that tinkering around the edges and tightening bolts is going to be enough to rally the base.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Condiv posted:

Speaking as a leftist, y'all should probably start making use of that second amendment.

Not against the government mind you, just lobbyists.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about professional wrestling, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Chris Benoit, and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the WWE's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Chris Benoit. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

Chris Benoit is a murderer. He killed his wife and child. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Chris Benoit. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always muffin out Chris Benoit as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could muffin to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw wrestling as a means to an end. He was in it for professional wrestling. He was dedicated to being the best professional wrestler he could be, and it showed in the ring.

I wanted to be a professional wrestler since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a wrestler had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a professional wrestler was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Chris Benoit in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a WWE champion. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation wrestler. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest professional wrestlers in history. By 40 years-old.

Chris Benoit was only forty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like MVP, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the ring, and that that same man could strangle his wife and child only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Nancy, and not for their child.

Chris Benoit owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Chris Benoit is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Chris Benoit was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

what fresh hell is this

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
please let it be in response to that judicial watch article, I wish to feast upon the irony

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

what fresh hell is this
Centrist to the left, pre 2016 election:

look, we may have our differences, but we need to put then aside and pull together. You may have to compromise.

Centrists to the left, post 2016 election:

YOU'RE NOT GETTING A SINGLE CENT OUT OF ME REEEEEEEEEEEE

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

rudatron posted:

Centrist to the left, pre 2016 election:

look, we may have our differences, but we need to put then aside and pull together. You may have to compromise.

Centrists to the left, post 2016 election:

YOU'RE NOT GETTING A SINGLE CENT OUT OF ME REEEEEEEEEEEE

That's good. They can go be Republicans now.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

To whit:

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/881278529182158848

My God, this is a stupid, stupid idea.:ughh:

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Majorian posted:

To whit:

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/881278529182158848

My God, this is a stupid, stupid idea.:ughh:

drat, no one is learning poo poo. Dems lost because they stuck to the pretentious, urbanite image. Are we really going to lose because of middle America, again?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hastings posted:

drat, no one is learning poo poo. Dems lost because they stuck to the pretentious, urbanite image. Are we really going to lose because of middle America, again?

Yeah, well, luckily Reid isn't running for president anytime soon (please God). But she's emblematic of what the Clinton camp believed and what their allies in the party still believe. And that's why they need to not be allowed anywhere near the steering wheel for the next several elections, if ever again.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
That the 80% of Americans living in urban centers are so underrepresented is an indictment of the American form of government otoh

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Like that corn is a bigger campaign issue than subways is a p big indictment of American politics tbqh

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Hastings posted:

All signs point to yes.

I'm looking forward to Tulsi Gabbard playing the role of Bernie in the clown car pile up that will be the 2020 democrat primary. Trump getting a second term after the democrats choose Cory Booker or Kirsten Gillibrand or Dick Suckerberg is going to be wild. It's going to be 2016 multiplied by a million . :qq: b-b-but we didn't pick the establishment choice like Biden/Clinton/M. Obama, how did we still lose :qq:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

That the 80% of Americans living in urban centers are so underrepresented is an indictment of the American form of government otoh

That 80% includes suburbs and poo poo, though, which is where most Republicans live.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Like that corn is a bigger campaign issue than subways is a p big indictment of American politics tbqh

:agreed: 100%. But it's the system we're working with right now, and if we want to change it, welp...we have to win biiiiiiig.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

But will it solve racism?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

All signs point to yes.

I'm looking forward to Tulsi Gabbard playing the role of Bernie in the clown car pile up that will be the 2020 democrat primary. Trump getting a second term after the democrats choose Cory Booker or Kirsten Gillibrand or Dick Suckerberg is going to be wild. It's going to be 2016 multiplied by a million . :qq: b-b-but we didn't pick the establishment choice like Biden/Clinton/M. Obama, how did we still lose :qq:

Biden would probably beat Trump, and Gabbard's not going to get far if she does run. If she did, someone like Warren would probably enter just to knock her out.

Also I think Warren's going to run and win big because holy poo poo Warren is great.

e: Say what you will about Sam Bee, but this was a great segment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeJJrFN5B3Q

Majorian fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 2, 2017

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Elizabeth Warren will be 71 years old in 2020, which means she'll be older than Trump was when he was inaugurated. She's great, but a race to continually beat the record for oldest president is probably not a thing we should be doing. Biden would be over 80 before the end of his first term.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

Elizabeth Warren will be 71 years old in 2020, which means she'll be older than Trump was when he was inaugurated. She's great, but a race to continually beat the record for oldest president is probably not a thing we should be doing. Biden would be over 80 before the end of his first term.

While I agree broadly, I don't think Warren's age should discount her, when she's so clearly the nominee that the Dems need at this point in history. She's older, but she's also not a 400-pound coked-out buttertroll like Trump. She doesn't come off as 71, and she'd probably do fine in the job until at least 75 years old.

Biden, I'll concede, is both too old and too much of a neoliberal to be desirable as a president, but I still think he'd beat Trump.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

We just tried running an old white lady, and it was a disaster. Plus, Warren refused to endorse Bernie in the primary because she wanted a cabinet position in the neoliberal Abuela Administration. I don't think she's trustworthy at all.

We need new young blood. Tulsi Gabbard is my babe. Seriously, no more old white people as nominees, please.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

RedSpider posted:

We just tried running an old white lady, and it was a disaster. Plus, Warren refused to endorse Bernie in the primary because she wanted a cabinet position in the neoliberal Abuela Administration. I don't think she's trustworthy at all.

We need new young blood. Tulsi Gabbard is my babe. Seriously, no more old white people as nominees, please.

Tulsi is a loving lunatic. This is a bad idea. Please do not support her.

Also I don't think there's any evidence that that's why Warren didn't endorse Bernie.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Majorian posted:

Tulsi is a loving lunatic. This is a bad idea. Please do not support her.

Also I don't think there's any evidence that that's why Warren didn't endorse Bernie.

The 2020 Dem primary is sadly going to consist of Mark Zuckerberg, Mark Cuban, Oprah, The Rock, Cory Booker, DNC sponsored neoliberal #2, Warren, and Gabbard. It's going to be a loving circus. An absolute shitshow. I'm going for the measured person that has a proven history. It might not be enough though, those superdelegates might go for the celebrities. If that happens, we'll burn it down together, comrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

RedSpider posted:

The 2020 Dem primary is sadly going to consist of Mark Zuckerberg, Mark Cuban, Oprah, The Rock, Cory Booker, DNC sponsored neoliberal #2, Warren, and Gabbard. It's going to be a loving circus. An absolute shitshow. I'm going for the measured person that has a proven history. It might not be enough though, those superdelegates might go for the celebrities. If that happens, we'll burn it down together, comrade.

I, uh, get the impression that you don't know much about Gabbard's actual positions on things...

• Locked thread