Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

Drinkfist posted:

You are a bowl of poo poo yelling at a mirror.

SHILL HARDER.

Nice try. But I'm the opposite of a shill. I played TSW a bit, but not religiously, so I have no stake in the game. The combat is obviously better for all the reason I gave. Even the skill system is better, since it is not made for sperglords. I could never make heads or tails of the old skill system, and had to look up a "proper" build on the internet -- not a great thing to have to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Lawlicaust posted:

Live stream right now: https://www.twitch.tv/funcom

Upcoming Patron Changes
  • +20% MoF gains
  • Double AP/SP gains
  • Teleports free now as well as anima leap

Downtime Compensation
  • 25 AP / 25 SP
  • 10K MoF
  • 4000 Anima shards
  • 1 Blue Talisman Fusion Booster

Elite Dungeons next week. Dungeons now scale from difficulty 1-10.

3 month release plan will be detailed next week.

Faction Missions will return as post-50 content.

That .. acutally makes patron okay

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Supposedly you're getting unlimited AH selling too.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Reddit has full notes

https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6khghs/livestream_stuff_so_far_just_dumping_my_notes/

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

quote:

patch next week -- addressing changes, patch 5th July FIRST CONTENT PATCH
ARG -- 5th July Wednesday, e-mail, code to account, after patch -- summon a revenant, giving it a suffix
-- Of Energy, chance to give extra energy -- Of Havoc, increase critical damage/healing -- Destruction, extra damage close to dying -- Efficiency, reduce cooldown Elite abilities -- Restoration, leech heal max hp -- Alacrity, increase movespeed in combat -- Recovery, increase incoming healing -- Warding, increase Protection while wielded
Elite Dungeons
-- Activity Finder, Elite -- All Elite Dungeons -- Elite 1: Trinity: tank, heal, 3 dps, level 50 -- Extraordinary Drop, Distillates -- Different weapons in each difficulty -- 10 Difficulties, All available on Patch (Elite 1-10) -- Choose difficulty, not dungeon?
UPDATES
-- Weapon unlock: unlock both weapon/passive, reduce cost for third weapon
-- Increase base inventory from 25 to 35 RETROACTIVE, will get extra slot -- If already at cap, get extra slots
-- Increase AP/SP at 50
Dungeons
-- Higher Extraordinary gear drop rate -- Guranteed Extraordinary weapon per day through dungeon mission -- XP rewards for repeat dungeon
-- Reduce cost of Sprint 2 (other sprints) -- No MoF cost to add glyph/signet to item
Trading
-- Anybody can trade at level 15, Patrons any level
PATRONAGE UPDATE:
"Not good enough value for Patronage"
-- Increased Mark of Favor per day (25% extra per challenge) -- 20% MoF daily cap -- Double AP/SP gain -- Free teleport from/to zones
DOWNTIME COMPENSATION
-- 25 AP/SP --10,000 Marks of Favor -- 4000 Anima Shards -- 1 Blue Talisman Fusion Booster (to fuse a blue weapon) -- Must have had an account before downtime -- Soon(tm)
QUALITY OF LIFE
-- Patch Notes coming this weekend (hopefully), Infernal Vibrations fixed, clothing items fixed
PLAN MOVING FORWARD
-- "Next three months" roadmap coming soon, next week?
Q & A
-- SEASON TWO INFO NEXT WEEK GET HYPE (all of Tokyo coming soon(tm), NEW DUNGEONS)
-- Naming filter still too aggressive: being cleaned up for characters/cabal
-- Leftover Funcom points converted to Aurum (info soon)
-- Gear/Deck Manager "in the pipeline, important part, cool plans, easier to use" (info soon(tm)
-- PvP currently Shambala because it was most popular mode; they want to do more, everything depends on demand: keep playing, interest, looking to improve: El Dorado, Fusang, Stonehenge
-- Faction Missions still in-game, planned to be released 'later on', rank past 10 -- to go past that do special missions, will be difficult, outfits
-- AH Search: "looking into search strings", more difficult than it seems UPDATE: fixed in internal build yesterday, might be live in upcoming patch
-- Dungeon keys: 10 keys F2P, 18 keys Patron (no current change), "free loot every day", dungeon updates increase value, extra keys cost 500 MoF a pop if you like doing them a lot, sell guaranteed weapons on AH (lot of people don't do dungeons apparently?),
-- Weapon skins: "want to bring them back", customise important (through dressing room?), in the works
-- Some clothing options that transferred over aren't currently visible in the dressing room, many outfits have been split into components, being updated for SWL: soon(tm)
-- German and French voices: "getting back to fully voicing the game"
-- AUX WEAPONS: "can't answer that". They have plans for them soon(tm), not the same as we know them in TSW but definitely bringing them back: on the design board now, because "chainsaws are pretty loving cool".

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Double AP/SP gains for Patron is actually really really good. I would consider subbing just for that if it's a blanket "double XP" bonus.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

quote:

-- Anybody can trade at level 15, Patrons any level

Jesus H Christ. My faith is 25% restored.

Now if they remove the ridiculous AH per day sell limit I am sold.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Well done Funcom. Good poo poo coming down the pipeline. Drinkfist is currently preparing his vitriolic response, possible involving Goodwin's law.

I'm very pleased to see these changes. Doubly pleased that it won't be until Wednesday, because I'm taking a four day weekend to get the gf started and I don't want the downtime interfering.

Keep up the good work, devs.

I really wish they'd have a written statement summarizing the stream that went live immediately. That reddit stream of consciousness is loving terrible to read.

E: :frogsiren: season 2 details next week. Get hyped.

E2: it occurs that double ap and sp is loving incredible but certain sockers of poo (cough) who are max lv and patron are missing out on a ton of potential gains. I wonder if that will be accounted for...

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 30, 2017

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
I wonder if that big of a difference in AP/SP gain won't create a divide between patrons and nonpatrons but drat, am I not wanting to subscribe right now (I was initially holding off due to the horror stories going around of double charges and whatnot, maybe I'll just bite it with a prepaid card).

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The changes are all mostly positive but the stream did highlight some lovely perspectives that the dev team has on the issues.

I'm not too worried on missing out on the double AP/SP for the first 50 levels. If they reduce the xp per AP/SP at 50 like they said, then you'll probably get AP/SP faster at 50 than below especially when combined with the doubling. The main issue is just that the xp required scales at twice the rate the xp per quest scales.

I'm not very optimistic about the elite dungeon system though. The level 50 dungeons currently have a serious bullet sponge issue and I doubt that Elite 1-10 will be anything more than making enemies even more of bullet sponges.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 30, 2017

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I'm definitely looking forward to the increased AP/SP, Marks and Faction missions, the rest...I don't know.

For me in TSW, the only reasons I had a character in each faction was for the Faction missions and different handler commentary. I also really liked that you could keep filling up the abilities wheel and eventually unlock all the deck costumes. For those reasons I am still puttering around TSW. For the most part I don't mind the leveling thing with SWL, but I keep going back to I miss not being able to skill out everything for the costumes. I am enjoying the hell out of my gunslinger. She's definitely one of my most sturdy characters with only dying when I had to for the white ravens thing and once to the boogeyman when I got stuck on some door geometry at the wrong time. If they had it so you could still earn the other deck costumes somehow, that would be the dealmaker for me and I'd stop with TSW.

I know it's lame, but I freely admit to being an addict in playing pretty princess dress up with my characters.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Meallan posted:

I wonder if that big of a difference in AP/SP gain won't create a divide between patrons and nonpatrons but drat, am I not wanting to subscribe right now (I was initially holding off due to the horror stories going around of double charges and whatnot, maybe I'll just bite it with a prepaid card).

Pretty sure that's the same gimmick they had in tsw. It's really not a huge deal because you're only slotting 5+5 so it gives more ease of flexibility to patrons but it's not giving a dps boost or anything.

Fwiw they've supposedly been good at reverting the double charges if they come up.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Richard M Nixon posted:

Pretty sure that's the same gimmick they had in tsw. It's really not a huge deal because you're only slotting 5+5 so it gives more ease of flexibility to patrons but it's not giving a dps boost or anything.

You're forgetting something rather important.

Unless those stat boost passives only work if you're holding that weapon.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

You're forgetting something rather important.

Unless those stat boost passives only work if you're holding that weapon.

Oh you're right. I'm pretty sure they said they're always active. Hmm...

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Did someone else take Funcom over in the past 24 hours? Albeit i'm sure the patron upgrades are because, well, they really want more people taking it out, and it's just not worth it atm, but that's a decent list of changes, Not everything is sunshine and roses, but a lot, lot better.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Lawlicaust posted:

The changes are all mostly positive but the stream did highlight some lovely perspectives that the dev team has on the issues.

"Sell loot to buy more dungeon keys!"

Except A) there's usually no loot, and B) AH sell limit.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Tallgeese posted:

"Sell loot to buy more dungeon keys!"

Except A) there's usually no loot, and B) AH sell limit.

They'd stated that there'll be more loot in dungeons and a guaranteed item each day via a dungeon quest. Also somewhere else a dev said:

The current restriction on auction house sales is to keep the economy in check while we make sure everything is working. We are keeping an eye on things and will be assessing altering these limits.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

PST posted:

The current restriction on auction house sales is to keep the economy in check while we make sure everything is working. We are keeping an eye on things and will be assessing altering these limits.

Apparently that was code for "remove the restriction on Patrons".

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Trade restrictions were to stop asiamans farming stuff I think, but I don't think it would have actually stopped them

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
I wonder what "XP rewards for repeat dungeon" will mean in practice

for the daily quest? xp for doing dungeons at all? did they elaborate on it at all or did everyone assume someone else watched the stream and as such nobody watched the stream?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Martout posted:

I wonder what "XP rewards for repeat dungeon" will mean in practice

for the daily quest? xp for doing dungeons at all? did they elaborate on it at all or did everyone assume someone else watched the stream and as such nobody watched the stream?

I didn't watch but they've said before that they're looking into rewards for 2nd+ runs so I'm sure that's it.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Just re-ate a bee.

Well, this seems like a vast improvement to me. Runs well on my lovely system where-as the old game chugged like hell. An actual tutorial now and the systems are far more intuitive. Combat is even fun.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Maybe that change will be enough to make me reinstall and try again

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kokoro Wish posted:

Just re-ate a bee.

Well, this seems like a vast improvement to me. Runs well on my lovely system where-as the old game chugged like hell. An actual tutorial now and the systems are far more intuitive. Combat is even fun.

I could use more explanation, like what are these hexagonal symbols that sometimes appear over my head? Seems like it might be a level-up thing, but what does it mean? It's not AP/SP -- those have different icons.

And the reticle system is frustrating, but I just might be used to it yet. Hell, I'm only level 4 so far.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The hexagon...

If gold, you levelled up.

If red and containing a weapon symbol, you levelled up the expertise for that weapon and got a bonus.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tallgeese posted:

The hexagon...

If gold, you levelled up.

If red and containing a weapon symbol, you levelled up the expertise for that weapon and got a bonus.

:tipshat:

You know what I really miss? Manuals. Printed documentation. :corsair:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

That is actually better. (I think?)

Probably gonna level to 50 now, depending on how dungeons work out.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

Well done Funcom. Good poo poo coming down the pipeline. Drinkfist is currently preparing his vitriolic response, possible involving Goodwin's law.

I yelled a lot. They heard me. They got scared. They said they would fix a few things.

Still not a single new 3d art asset in the game. Ragnar and Bylos are still not on staff. Still not any new content for the relaunch.

PST posted:

Did someone else take Funcom over in the past 24 hours? Albeit i'm sure the patron upgrades are because, well, they really want more people taking it out, and it's just not worth it atm, but that's a decent list of changes, Not everything is sunshine and roses, but a lot, lot better.

It's called pandering. You see this every four years in the USA. Season 2 is The Wall.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lawlicaust posted:

Live stream right now: https://www.twitch.tv/funcom

Upcoming Patron Changes
  • +20% MoF gains
  • Double AP/SP gains
  • Teleports free now as well as anima leap

Downtime Compensation
  • 25 AP / 25 SP
  • 10K MoF
  • 4000 Anima shards
  • 1 Blue Talisman Fusion Booster

Elite Dungeons next week. Dungeons now scale from difficulty 1-10.

3 month release plan will be detailed next week.

Ok now patron is appealing and I'll buy it, once those changes are in. Good to see a positive move.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
I think what makes me happier about these changes is the remarkable change in faith people now have with the devs. I think the biggest threat to this game continuing or even having a chance is the wave of veterans that will leave bad reviews on steam day 1, now I feel things are looking more positive.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

While I'm no longer a lurking revenant battering down their offices, I am still displeased with the AH limits not being completely removed.

A subscription should give you perks, not the removal of restrictions.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Is there any way to respec? I'm not liking Fist after all, and I don't want to redo everything I did so far if I can avoid it.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

After a day of pootling around in Legends, I'm really missing the giant skill wheel. Putting together different builds was a lot of fun and it was a cool way to track progression too. I'm also not seeing any clear synergies between weapons with the new system, but maybe that's because I chose blade/chaos.

The combat itself is much slower. I push a button to power-up once my chi gets going, but otherwise it's just mashing aoe/single target attack with a heal if necessary. In the original, I had to manage when to use finishers, which encouraged blazing through mobs as quickly as possible. Here extended fights become a slog as resources get depleted and I'm forced to fall back to using basic attacks.

I have 7 chests in my backpack I can't open.

On the plus side, the crafting system is less abstract and requires much less busywork and inventory management.

E: Having bosses show up on the mini-map is a great idea. Sure did waste a lot of time finding some of those fuckers back in the day.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 1, 2017

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Dungeons now have level ranges, and you can't go back to them if you've outlevelled the dungeon. So if, say, you didn't do the quest for Polaris, because you'd already done the dungeon and saw you weren't getting any xp, then when you level past, you'll be stuck unable to get the achievement for doing all the Orochi missions.

This might get fixed with elite dungeons and level 50, or Funcom will have it be a bug for 2 years.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

PST posted:

Dungeons now have level ranges, and you can't go back to them if you've outlevelled the dungeon. So if, say, you didn't do the quest for Polaris, because you'd already done the dungeon and saw you weren't getting any xp, then when you level past, you'll be stuck unable to get the achievement for doing all the Orochi missions.

This might get fixed with elite dungeons and level 50, or Funcom will have it be a bug for 2 years.

You can queue as a "Private Team" and run dungeons you can't public queue for.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Lawlicaust posted:

The only change that matters. Long live the Pyramidion!

...in all seriousness, the upcoming changes sound great and solve most of the current problems with the game (other than the very existence of Aurum, which isn't going anywhere unfortunately). Perhaps Funcom can manage this shitshow decently after all?

Amante fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 1, 2017

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

It's called pandering. You see this every four years in the USA. Season 2 is The Wall.

Not sure why being pandered to is a bad thing. I get free poo poo.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Nice changes. Although as a patron a really small nitpick is dungeons, they should remove overlevel requirements from story dungeons. I like to go there when I actually reached the point in the story when I should. With patron its really easy to overlevel them, in SWL I've been to Polaris once ans than bam its locked.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

You can solo most story dungeons since they're so forgiving. Polaris in particular you can solo fairly easily not long after overleveling it (by queuing for a "private" group).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
gently caress it, I'm gonna restart with a new character. It's not like Brometheus was particularly high-level.