Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kettlepip posted:

What are you talking about? They already are able to be cleared by any non brain dead group. They're a walk over and have been since everything after Thordan, dying in 2-4 pulls from scratch The problem is you are playing with brain dead people or are bad.

You're right, I just keep forgetting to click the 'only show me good parties' button in PF. My bad.

Maguoob posted:

There is a cap on the number of enemies an ability can actually hit, and I'm certain it is less than 28.

Aw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Maguoob posted:

There is a cap on the number of enemies an ability can actually hit, and I'm certain it is less than 28.

Yeah, if you do an unsync satasha just to get your WTales checkmark real quick and run through the first area with all the little clam light things you can't actually kill them all with one move because there are too many. It also takes like 2 full seconds for an AOE to wash across the ones it does kill.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 30, 2017

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I've just been doing Blizz 3, blizz 4, fire 3, flare flare transpose blizz 4 repeat for AOE with foul/additional flares tossed in with convert and an ether and using thunder IV on pull and its doing just ridiculous aoe damage

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

FYI Satasha isnt a good dungeon to speedrun unsynced for WT. Haukke is way faster. Satasha is too spread out, just running through takes too long.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Augus posted:

Doma Castle was a cool dungeon. Is it me or was the final boss a big step up in difficulty for MSQ bosses? My party didn't wipe but there was a ton of damage going out, we were all low on HP at points, and all the mechanics going out really required you to pay attention and think quickly. It almost felt like it could've been a normal mode Alexander boss. I like the trend SB seems to be showing of ramping up the MSQ bosses to be more involved, they were way too braindead in the past.

It's a bit harder of a dungeon boss, yeah. But still not really a raid level of difficulty, just something you need to pay modest attention to in order to avoid getting everybody wrecked. Personally I think the difficulty may be a bit artificial due to new players just being distracted by the... uh... ambiance.

RIP AND TEAR! :black101:

And the difficulty ramp in the MSQ does go up from there!

Augus posted:

FYI Satasha isnt a good dungeon to speedrun unsynced for WT. Haukke is way faster. Satasha is too spread out, just running through takes too long.

You can consistently solo Tam Tara in under 4 minutes, there's just no comparing any other dungeon for WT speed runs.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wonder how much of the relative difficulty of the current crop of four mans is down to currently being in weaker gear, how much is due to new/more complicated/annoying mechanics (2nd boss of Temple of the Fist oh my gaawwwwwwd) and how much is the devs explicitly turning up the numbers knob.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

queeb posted:

I've just been doing Blizz 3, blizz 4, fire 3, flare flare transpose blizz 4 repeat for AOE with foul/additional flares tossed in with convert and an ether and using thunder IV on pull and its doing just ridiculous aoe damage

Sounds easier (and sexier) than using Fire 2 ever, I'll give that a try when I get to 68.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Augus posted:

Satasha's like 3:30. How much could way faster possibly be?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder how much of the relative difficulty of the current crop of four mans is down to currently being in weaker gear, how much is due to new/more complicated/annoying mechanics (2nd boss of Temple of the Fist oh my gaawwwwwwd) and how much is the devs explicitly turning up the numbers knob.

Fist 2nd boss is utter hell on BLM, let me tell you.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

is that the port/aft guy

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Saint Freak posted:

Satasha's like 3:30. How much could way faster possibly be?

Even as a 4.0 SCH, and not paying that much attention, I seem to do Sastasha in 4 and change. If there's a faster instance, I'm listening. :catstare:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

vOv posted:

You're right, I just keep forgetting to click the 'only show me good parties' button in PF. My bad.

Using capital letters for a second to show my sincerity: your mistake was not doing the EX primals earlier. The longer a fight's been out the worse the PF pool gets, since a lot of the people in those groups are players so bad they've been trying to clear for a long time and have been lobtomizing any group they join. For stuff introduced in future patches, if you don't have a static and are looking to clear, I'd seriously advise you to get your clear in the first day, three at the outside. Even Zurvan, who was eating Party Finder clear groups alive right up until the Stormblood launch, was really easy to clear in PF on the first couple of days.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
back to lowercase letters: you know, the one point of commonality among all the failed pf groups you've been in is...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Alternatively, it's actually fun and good being able to go into an EX primal and actually clear it with a party finder group after a few wipes, instead of trying ten times over a week and timing out each time because the fight expects a static communicating over voice chat

On the other hand, having fights that are slightly too difficult to do through PF encourages player to seek out and make more permanent bonds with people that they can reliably clear content with. It doesn't have to be as formal as a static, but having to rely on competent friends rather than PF randos that you forget about in an hour is better for the long term health of an MMO community.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

queeb posted:

Playing RDM, I am extremely jealous of BLM AoE. Not only does it do a ton more damage, it's also way cooler looking and gives you more to do.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Yeah the only real bottlenecks in Sastasha are Chopper, and only cause you cant use the coral and switch while being attacked, and the guy behind the locked door you need the key from to unlock the other door. The other two fights with Madison, you can just burn him down and leave his trash alive while you pull the whole next section, even up to the final boss in the last part.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Harrow posted:

Playing RDM, I am extremely jealous of BLM AoE. Not only does it do a ton more damage, it's also way cooler looking and gives you more to do.

yeah that whole perfect storm of like, swift/triple cast flare foul thunder IV proc flare convert flare ether flare has spiked me over 10kdps

and also ended with me dead but for that glorious 10 seconds it was amazing

Edit: also for other BLM you can cast triple/swift at the same time, they dont overwrite eachother and just get used in sequence

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

On the other hand, having fights that are slightly too difficult to do through PF encourages player to seek out and make more permanent bonds with people that they can reliably clear content with. It doesn't have to be as formal as a static, but having to rely on competent friends rather than PF randos that you forget about in an hour is better for the long term health of an MMO community.

While that's true, I'm sure developers also need to balance that with not scaring away players who just aren't going to form those connections and would much rather rely on PF. You and I might think those players are wrong (because they are), but it's possible they form a large enough portion of the player base that losing a significant portion of them when they refuse to adapt would be too big a hit to take.

That said, I don't think I've seen too much actual complaining about the difficulty like back when WoW's Cataclysm launched, but at the same time, I don't go to the official forums for FFXIV so maybe I just don't go where you'd see that kind of thing in the first place.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Harrow posted:

It definitely makes me want to play BLM despite how much I enjoy RDM's simplicity, but I just know I'm not smart enough to manage my mana or movement well enough to play it.

gently caress, I want to level so many classes right now, this is torture.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

The final trial is super easy I have no idea what people are complaining about. My group did the entire thing with me dead the whole time.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
:thunk:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rainuwastaken posted:

It definitely makes me want to play BLM despite how much I enjoy RDM's simplicity, but I just know I'm not smart enough to manage my mana or movement well enough to play it.

gently caress, I want to level so many classes right now, this is torture.

MP management isn't really the difficult thing for BLM, I don't think, but movement sure as hell is. You have a lot of tools to recover from over-spending your MP in an Astral phase, but knowing when to move and when to finish a cast can take a lot of getting used to.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

thunk is truly one of the great additions to our dead lame forums

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Carmant posted:

The final trial is super easy I have no idea what people are complaining about. My group did the entire thing with me dead the whole time.

This is the best post in any MMO thread.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Augus posted:

Doma Castle was a cool dungeon. Is it me or was the final boss a big step up in difficulty for MSQ bosses? My party didn't wipe but there was a ton of damage going out, we were all low on HP at points, and all the mechanics going out really required you to pay attention and think quickly. It almost felt like it could've been a normal mode Alexander boss. I like the trend SB seems to be showing of ramping up the MSQ bosses to be more involved, they were way too braindead in the past.

I don't think so. On my only run of it so far (last night) the boss literally didn't collect a single thing and the damage seemed to be less than the last boss in the Temple.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kjermzs posted:

I don't think so. On my only run of it so far (last night) the boss literally didn't collect a single thing and the damage seemed to be less than the last boss in the Temple.

Doma and Kugane are two separate castles.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Reiterpallasch posted:

Using capital letters for a second to show my sincerity: your mistake was not doing the EX primals earlier. The longer a fight's been out the worse the PF pool gets, since a lot of the people in those groups are players so bad they've been trying to clear for a long time and have been lobtomizing any group they join. For stuff introduced in future patches, if you don't have a static and are looking to clear, I'd seriously advise you to get your clear in the first day, three at the outside. Even Zurvan, who was eating Party Finder clear groups alive right up until the Stormblood launch, was really easy to clear in PF on the first couple of days.

"Get a clear in the first three days" is generally good but it's completely useless advice for expansion launch primals. I was gunning for 60 as fast as I could but I'm only now hitting the i300 requirement today because I've just been doing EXDR and 5060 for tomes, but I'm going to be out for the next few days to see family anyway.

The other problem is I'm a DPS player so it's just harder to find parties in general.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The boss of Kugane Castle is really really cool in concept but desperately needs a harder revision of the fight because the gimmick is tuned so low I've never seen anyone miss more than one collectable even on a first run.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That boss definitely needs to show up again. Maybe in the Hildibrand series.

Also is it weird to be annoyed that he uses Zanmoto even when he doesn't get paid anything? He should just use Daigoro or maybe Kozuka instead

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That boss definitely needs to show up again. Maybe in the Hildibrand series.

Also is it weird to be annoyed that he uses Zanmoto even when he doesn't get paid anything? He should just use Daigoro or maybe Kozuka instead

Correction, he uses zanmoto. Huge difference. The actual ability is Zanmato. I assume this is on purpose.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
WoL.jpg

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
AST or WHM for my jump potion? I really liked SCH at 60 but I'm itchin' for a fresh healer experience.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The WoL is a catgirl or occasionally a lalafell, not a guy.

amazeballs posted:

AST or WHM for my jump potion? I really liked SCH at 60 but I'm itchin' for a fresh healer experience.

I'd say AST if you want to be more active.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

The boss of Kugane Castle is really really cool in concept but desperately needs a harder revision of the fight because the gimmick is tuned so low I've never seen anyone miss more than one collectable even on a first run.

They should have made it so that he's still targetable during that phase so that you can choose to keep dpsing him and deal with a stronger attack (which I've never seen at full power, but I'd be shocked if it caused a wipe). As it is, you don't really do the mechanic because you have to, but because you've got nothing better to do. That fight is going to be extremely tedious when people outgear it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eorzean Psycho

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Harrow posted:

MP management isn't really the difficult thing for BLM, I don't think, but movement sure as hell is. You have a lot of tools to recover from over-spending your MP in an Astral phase, but knowing when to move and when to finish a cast can take a lot of getting used to.

Yeah, I'll give it a shot. I got the class leveled up to 60 before the expansion, so I'll have to just go set a dummy on fire and see what sticks.

My main issue with the class in HW was massive anxiety around Enochian. Every time I used it it felt like a sword hanging over my head, ready to drop if I screwed up my rotation in even the slightest degree. And that's before dealing with boss mechanics... With that whole issue greatly simplified, maybe I'll really enjoy it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I remember reading that there was gonna be a "Super Savage" trial in between Omega content updates that would be tuned to the level of Second Coil Savage and be based on an old fight or something? Has anything been said about that since? Bahamut Primal Savage would be pretty nuts.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want to see a 'savage' boss fight that's just Bardam’s Mettle's second boss that goes on and on with increasingly more ridiculous patterns until the entire party screws up with progressively greater rewards the further you get.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

EXDR is easy already and I'm not even fully geared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I'd say AST if you want to be more active.

Seconding.

AST is cool and good and would be even if it wasn't so good.