Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The Snoo posted:

car culture and road rage is so sad please calm down

lol you get upset to the point of whining on the internet like a lil fuckin' bitch when your neighbors bathe, don't throw stones here

e: you can't even drive lmao what a loving loser

Rockman Reserve has a new favorite as of 17:56 on Jun 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
When people don't even wait for the elevator doors to open fully to try and pile in it while my rear end still needs to get off the drat thing. Some old gently caress in Florida almost shoulder checks me, backs up, and waves me on with a "your majesty" look on his face.

gently caress off Jeff, you're in the lobby, someone is going to be getting off once the god damned thing gets there I'm about to whup your rear end.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Rolo posted:

When people don't even wait for the elevator doors to open fully to try and pile in it while my rear end still needs to get off the drat thing. Some old gently caress in Florida almost shoulder checks me, backs up, and waves me on with a "your majesty" look on his face.

gently caress off Jeff, you're in the lobby, someone is going to be getting off once the god damned thing gets there I'm about to whup your rear end.

People do this on trams/trains too. You have to be assertive and never hesitate when exiting, otherwise you'll get stampeded. I don't care if you have to stiff-arm a 90 year old woman, the rule is people exit first, then you board. If you end up with a busted hip trying to break the rule it's your own drat fault.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rolo posted:

On the train I just plow my way through people if I'm exiting. I haven't injured anyone yet but it feels great doing it. If I see kids or elderly I refrain but everyone else is fair game.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

lol you get upset to the point of whining on the internet like a lil fuckin' bitch when your neighbors bathe, don't throw stones here

the bath noises are as loud decibel-wise as someone screaming outside of our door, but constantly, so I'm pretty sure I'm justified in being annoyed by that when it's at 3am and they're doing bathtub laundry

no I can't drive yet because I'm poor and didn't have the desire to kill myself in a car when I was 15. not only was I too busy with health issues but I knew I wasn't ready then, and I still don't feel ready now, but I have to do this. I'm getting my license so I can have it, because my husband can't get a license, but I probably will never own a car.

cars are dangerous as gently caress and people don't take it seriously enough and I'm tired of doing everything right and still almost getting hit as a pedestrian cos yall can't slow down or stop using your loving phones

snoo has a new favorite as of 19:40 on Jun 30, 2017

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
People who wait until they've wedged themselves into the turnstile to START looking for their Metrocard. What is wrong with these assholes? Generally speaking, I take my Metrocard out before I even go into the subway station, but if I don't and I suddenly realize that I haven't done so, I move over to the side to look for it. I don't know why there is such a huge segment of the population that doesn't grasp the concept of not blocking people's way.

Speaking of commuters, some guy called me a bitch because I had the nerve to say excuse me and walk past him on an escalator without even touching him (with myself OR my bag). How dare I. :rolleyes:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

On the train I just plow my way through people if I'm exiting. I haven't injured anyone yet but it feels great doing it. If I see kids or elderly I refrain but everyone else is fair game.

Elderly should know better and kids need to be taught a lesson. You do not get on the loving train while people are still exiting. Show them no mercy.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It seems like people in expensive luxury cars always drive like complete dildos.

One of my "lotto winner' fantasies is owning a stack of cheapass beater cars to use for my daily commute and just colliding with fucksticks in Mercedes who try to cut me off.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
People who complain about having to work on their birthday.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Leavemywife posted:

My wife's previous workplace actually gave everyone the day off on their birthday, it was really nice and it also saved the office from having to do any stupid social committee birthday bullshit where your manager gets a cake or passes a card around or any of that poo poo no one cares about. I think it was a good policy.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
A zipper merge done correctly is so smooth and seamless, it's a thing of beauty to watch unfold in front of you. California drivers are so awful most of the time, but this is one thing they do well and I'm a little embarrassed how much I like seeing a good zipper merge.

I live in California and spend half my life in traffic, please do not take this away from me.

Edit: friend requests from randos. I'm a woman in a mostly-male sport, so I get my fair share of unsolicited friend requests from people I don't know. I don't mind it that much because our sport is fairly small and we'll eventually meet at some point, but lately it's literally been actual strangers who are not in the sport.

Yesterday I posted a comment on a friend's status, and his friend liked my comment and immediately friend-requested me. This morning, different friend, different status, some other random person made a comment that was funny. I liked the comment, he immediately friend-requested me. I don't know you! I just thought you made a funny joke! I don't want to see your kid's pictures or your great-aunt's recipe for rhubarb casserole.

Maggie Fletcher has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Jun 30, 2017

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

food court bailiff posted:

Snoo isn't as bad as she was in her teens but like a 4th of this thread is her complaining about her neighbors doing basically anything you would expect neighbors in a lovely apartment complex to do. We get it they smoke weed and they're loud, we don't need to be reminded of it every couple pages

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

aw come on I haven't mentioned that in nearly a month :( </3

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Snoo posted:

aw come on I haven't mentioned that in nearly a month :( </3

It's just this thread. Everywhere else you're fine now, you just come off as oblivious to normal every day life

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Voyager I posted:

One of my "lotto winner' fantasies is owning a stack of cheapass beater cars to use for my daily commute and just colliding with fucksticks in Mercedes who try to cut me off.

I don't even drive, and I have the same fantasy. Maybe hire an Enrique to drive me around in in an old Volvo, drat things were built like tanks.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Leavemywife posted:

I just take it off. Saves everyone the hassle

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sunswipe posted:

I don't even drive, and I have the same fantasy. Maybe hire an Enrique to drive me around in in an old Volvo, drat things were built like tanks.

Add a bull bar. You're lotto rich, you can afford it.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If that were actually street legal (my guess is lolol no) I would get it in a heart beat and ram idiots on the road. My pet peeve right now are people who leave multiple car lengths of space at traffic lights during rush hour traffic thus loving over people from being able to actually progress through the hell that is nearly gridlocked traffic.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You'll just end up doing more damage to your own vehicle with one of those lovely ones, they'll bend back onto the bodywork if you so much as look at them funny and the more rigid ones will probably damage the mounting points.

One of the other drivers wrote off a delivery van at an old job by having a minor fender bender in a bullbar equipped van - I think the Audi he hit was fairly easily repairable but the Transit was toast.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

YeahTubaMike posted:

People who wait until they've wedged themselves into the turnstile to START looking for their Metrocard. What is wrong with these assholes? Generally speaking, I take my Metrocard out before I even go into the subway station, but if I don't and I suddenly realize that I haven't done so, I move over to the side to look for it. I don't know why there is such a huge segment of the population that doesn't grasp the concept of not blocking people's way.

This happens constantly in the elevator at my office - you need to swipe a card to get to your floor and an unbelievable number of people won't even start looking for it until they're actually in the elevator. Of course they end up missing their floor most of the time so I guess the joke is on them.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

People who are an "expert" on something you're doing because "My father was an [OCCUPATION] for thirty years. I think I know what I'm talking about :smug:" They always say it as smugly as possible, too, to give you the idea that you won't give them the runaround on what you're doing. THEY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, AND YOU'RE APPARENTLY DOING IT WRONG.

Dude, A.) who the gently caress are you? B.) why are you talking to me when I didn't even instigate a conversation? C.) what the gently caress do you care?

I tell most of them "My father was an aircraft mechanic for 40 years and a cook in the Air Guard for 20 years, but you don't see me cooking a pot roast on an A-10 engine in front of you, now, do you?" Usually shuts them up.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Also, I never hear a "My mother was an [OCCUPATION] for thirty years" excuse. C'mon, change it up once in a while. I want hear what your mother did and how she instilled that knowledge into you sometimes :smith:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

You Are A Elf posted:

Also, I never hear a "My mother was an [OCCUPATION] for thirty years" excuse. C'mon, change it up once in a while. I want hear what your mother did and how she instilled that knowledge into you sometimes :smith:

:byodame: MY MOTHER WAS A PHD RESEARCHER IN BIOLOGY FOR 30 YEARS AND NOW BELIEVES IN CHEMTRAILS AND IS ANTI-VAXX

(True story)

Elizabethan Error posted:

this is exactly what defensive driving courses tell you to do if you're being tailgated fyi, so you're getting mad about deescalation tactics.

Yeah I'm going to slow down a ton and risk them trying to run me off the road due to them being insane. A few weeks ago some lunatic tried to do that to me for daring to try and merge so I don't exactly want to gently caress with the clearly insane tailgaters.

Sir Lemming posted:

Stickers making fun of the "stick figure family" bumper stickers

I saw one that had two stick figures doing it doggy style that said WORKING ON MAKING A STICK FIGURE FAMILY

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

What is your avatar from? It hypnotizes me.

People who complain about the responsibility and burden and expense of having kids, and then say poo poo like "must be NICE, getting to only think of yourSELF all the time"

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
People around here who don't wear a helmet when they're on motorcycles. Iowa doesn't have any helmet laws; anytime it pops up on a ballot it's voted down. There's always a story in my town of someone who has died in a motorcycle accident who wasn't wearing their helmet. I realize they're probably irritating to carry around and wear but it's better than having your brains across the road.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Someone was buying a little pencil case that was marked down 40% off and complained when it had some small chips in the paint. Why the hell do you think it was on sale?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

A zipper merge done correctly is so smooth and seamless, it's a thing of beauty to watch unfold in front of you. California drivers are so awful most of the time, but this is one thing they do well and I'm a little embarrassed how much I like seeing a good zipper merge.

Pennsylvania posted:

Police now believe the teenager, who had recently graduated from high school, was targeted by another driver who shot her as she attempted to merge into the same lane as his red pickup truck.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

kreyla posted:

People who complain about the responsibility and burden and expense of having kids, and then say poo poo like "must be NICE, getting to only think of yourSELF all the time"

I hate this poo poo so much. I'm sorry you chose to have a baby? like, you could have just like

not had a baby

these are the same people who get up in arms when I mention I don't want kids.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Speaking of helmet laws, I cannot tell you how often I see people in street clothes riding a motorcycle. When you get on your bike, you do not dress for the ride; dress for the fall.

The other day, I saw some motherfucker wearing slippers on his motorcycle. Who loving does that!?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rolo posted:

You should've pushed him out with you and held him in a bear hug outside the elevator long enough that it departs. And then some. But no grinding!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Baronjutter posted:

My wife's previous workplace actually gave everyone the day off on their birthday, it was really nice and it also saved the office from having to do any stupid social committee birthday bullshit where your manager gets a cake or passes a card around or any of that poo poo no one cares about. I think it was a good policy.

Actually I'm pretty sure people like the cake and will awkwardly sing a bad Happy Birthday if there is cake at the end of it.

Basically every single other thing in existence an office will do for a birthday is terrible however.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If I make it to 50 I think I'll get a week off and some flowers.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure people like the cake and will awkwardly sing a bad Happy Birthday if there is cake at the end of it.
I hate birthday cakes, because I always feel obliged to have some even though I don't want to and then I just think about other things I could have eaten instead but now I've had this cake that I didn't want and that's disappointing.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

It doesn't surprise me at all that mister "why do people like sunsets" tiggum doesn't like something as widely liked as cake.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The only reason I avoid cake is that it would kill me. Cake is great, and so is the band CAKE.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

The only reason I avoid cake is that it would kill me. Cake is great, and so is the band CAKE.

That band sucks actually.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mu Zeta posted:

The band is good. The food is OK, but it's just not as good as many other things that I could eat instead.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Just eat everything, then you don't have to be so goddamn picky and whiny!

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon

GelatinSkeleton posted:

That band sucks actually.

Well you sure showed him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
When you text someone because you need to tell them something but you're either not in a place where you can make a call. Don't have time for a call or you really don't want to talk to them. And they respond by calling you instead of texting a reply :feelsbad:

• Locked thread