Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

send me his details im sick of my bodyguards ridin clean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

i like the second article because any real life first person story of someone interacting with the donald campaign ends up being fascinating

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

my uber is here

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

hell yeah koadics endless enlightenment

my favorite online thing i did of all time was one time a random dude in ultima online was like, "wanna go on an adventure?" so he teleported us to Dragon Island and we killed several dragons and i was having a blast

then he took me back to his boat and got on it and was like, "Lol fuk u im leaving you here good luck getting back."

but he was too slow on pulling up the boarding plank so i rushed it and because he was a magic user he couldnt meleee. and i was attacking too hard and fast with my slow rear end halberd to let him get off an instant 1 hit kill spell. i dont think i even killed him i think he just closed out the game and idsappaered.

so i was stuck on his boat. and the way you worked a boat on ultima online was that anyone who could speak to the boatswain could tell it where to go. so i shouted "GO NORTHWEST" and somehow i ended up on newbie island and i ran to the center of town and auctioned it off for 1000 gold. i had no key for it so i was selling it cheap. a guy gave me the cash and ran off i didnt even show him where the boat was. i wasnt lying but he didnt know that for sure

then i wrote a book about my adventure in the library and months later i found a copy of my adventure in another library. the game guys decided it was worth copying so it would show up in the stacks of books you could read

that game was fun

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I just farted and it sounded like someone was pull-starting a weed eater.

Trump!

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

lorn Wayne posted:

other such terms that noone will know wtf your stupid rear end is talking about because noone uses it irl:

strawman
cognitive dissonance

feel free to add

gonna add gerrymandering to this list, who the gently caress is jerry

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

JosefStalinator posted:

:siren: the second boom has hit trump tower

https://lawfareblog.com/time-i-got-recruited-collude-russians

it's way better too

oh geez o no there is suspicious russian collusion activity

i'm normalized to leaks now someone poke my ribcage when something actually happens because of these breaking stories

tick tick guy is just tryin to get twitter hearts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Chokes McGee posted:

how... okay so presumably they were chanting the same thing right

how is this interpreted by anyone as them agreeing they're pieces of poo poo

I'm not even sure what the gently caress is going on here

they appeared to be arguing about who the chant belonged to

keep in mind this in in portland, where basically even the nazis are basically commies they just dont realize that they are because they were born on the wrong side of the culture war

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

No u.

I am a bit drunk. I am surprsinglu happy that loogs got probed. Death to the elitesss.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hello fellow non police

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"My sweet fella, tired after chasing his tail"

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

ahahaha the akko in sucy's memory movie

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Internet Webguy posted:

p much

Over the course of our conversations, one thing struck me as particularly disturbing. Smith and I talked several times about the DNC hack, and I expressed my view that the hack had likely been orchestrated by Russia and that the Kremlin was using the stolen documents as part of an influence campaign against the United States. I explained that if someone had contacted him via the “Dark Web” with Clinton’s personal emails, he should take very seriously the possibility that this may have been part of a wider Russian campaign against the United States. And I said he need not take my word for it, pointing to a number of occasions where US officials had made it clear that this was the view of the U.S. intelligence community as well.

Smith, however, didn’t seem to care. From his perspective it didn’t matter who had taken the emails, or their motives for doing so. He never expressed to me any discomfort with the possibility that the emails he was seeking were potentially from a Russian front, a likelihood he was happy to acknowledge. If they were genuine, they would hurt Clinton’s chances, and therefore help Trump.

Smith routinely talked about the goings on at the top of the Trump team, offering deep insights into the bizarre world at the top of the Trump campaign. Smith told of Flynn’s deep dislike of DNI Clapper, whom Flynn blamed for his dismissal by President Obama. Smith told of Flynn’s moves to position himself to become CIA Director under Trump, but also that Flynn had been persuaded that the Senate confirmation process would be prohibitively difficult. He would instead therefore become National Security Advisor should Trump win the election, Smith said. He also told of a deep sense of angst even among Trump loyalists in the campaign, saying “Trump often just repeats whatever he’s heard from the last person who spoke to him,” and expressing the view that this was especially dangerous when Trump was away.

In my conversations with Smith and his colleague, I tried to stress this point: if this dark web contact is a front for the Russian government, you really don’t want to play this game. But they were not discouraged. They appeared to be convinced of the need to obtain Clinton’s private emails and make them public, and they had a reckless lack of interest in whether the emails came from a Russian cut-out. Indeed, they made it quite clear to me that it made no difference to them who hacked the emails or why they did so, only that the emails be found and made public before the election.

In the end, I never saw the actual materials they’d been given, and to this day, I don’t know whether there were genuine emails, or whether Smith and his associates were deluding themselves.

Then, a few weeks into my interactions with Smith, he sent me a document, ostensibly a cover page for a dossier of opposition research to be compiled by Smith’s group, and which purported to clear up who was involved. The document was entitled “A Demonstrative Pedagogical Summary to be Developed and Released Prior to November 8, 2016,” and dated September 7. It detailed a company Smith and his colleagues had set up as a vehicle to conduct the research: “KLS Research”, set up as a Delaware LLC “to avoid campaign reporting,” and listing four groups who were involved in one way or another.

My perception then was that the inclusion of Trump campaign officials on this document was not merely a name-dropping exercise. This document was about establishing a company to conduct opposition research on behalf of the campaign, but operating at a distance so as to avoid campaign reporting. Indeed, the document says as much in black and white.

The combination of Smith’s deep knowledge of the inner workings of the campaign, this document naming him in the “Trump campaign” group, and the multiple references to needing to avoid campaign reporting suggested to me that the group was formed with the blessing of the Trump campaign. In the Journal’s story this evening, several of the individuals named in the document denied any connection to Smith, and it’s certainly possible that he was a big name-dropper and never really represented anyone other than himself. If that’s the case, Smith talked a very good game.

you didn't quote the part that implicates Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Tbh anyone posting in here before me is elite. So please line up orderly so i can guillotine you all.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

galenanorth posted:

"My sweet fella, tired after chasing his tail"

look im trying to get into tolerating cats, why are you spoiling it for me

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

dunk contest

https://twitter.com/GovInslee/status/880984065309982720

also

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/880979396726849536

protesters to cory gardner's office about trumpcare

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Thatim posted:

Tbh anyone posting in here before me is elite. So please line up orderly so i can guillotine you all.

finaly, thank you

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yo this is my dog Butters

He turned 7 today. Happy birthday good dog.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

in other news
fbi still mad

https://twitter.com/dliebelson/status/880985497786605568

https://twitter.com/dliebelson/status/880986584279117824

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

As a son-in-law, why is Kush so determined to go down with the ship? Where does his loyalty come from?

im pretty sure jared just wants to make his insane criminal father proud of him by pulling off the ultimate scam.

the dude grew up steeped in corruption, it's the only way he knows how to live.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Internet Webguy posted:

p much

Over the course of our conversations, one thing struck me as particularly disturbing. Smith and I talked several times about the DNC hack, and I expressed my view that the hack had likely been orchestrated by Russia and that the Kremlin was using the stolen documents as part of an influence campaign against the United States. I explained that if someone had contacted him via the “Dark Web” with Clinton’s personal emails, he should take very seriously the possibility that this may have been part of a wider Russian campaign against the United States. And I said he need not take my word for it, pointing to a number of occasions where US officials had made it clear that this was the view of the U.S. intelligence community as well.

Smith, however, didn’t seem to care. From his perspective it didn’t matter who had taken the emails, or their motives for doing so. He never expressed to me any discomfort with the possibility that the emails he was seeking were potentially from a Russian front, a likelihood he was happy to acknowledge. If they were genuine, they would hurt Clinton’s chances, and therefore help Trump.

Smith routinely talked about the goings on at the top of the Trump team, offering deep insights into the bizarre world at the top of the Trump campaign. Smith told of Flynn’s deep dislike of DNI Clapper, whom Flynn blamed for his dismissal by President Obama. Smith told of Flynn’s moves to position himself to become CIA Director under Trump, but also that Flynn had been persuaded that the Senate confirmation process would be prohibitively difficult. He would instead therefore become National Security Advisor should Trump win the election, Smith said. He also told of a deep sense of angst even among Trump loyalists in the campaign, saying “Trump often just repeats whatever he’s heard from the last person who spoke to him,” and expressing the view that this was especially dangerous when Trump was away.

In my conversations with Smith and his colleague, I tried to stress this point: if this dark web contact is a front for the Russian government, you really don’t want to play this game. But they were not discouraged. They appeared to be convinced of the need to obtain Clinton’s private emails and make them public, and they had a reckless lack of interest in whether the emails came from a Russian cut-out. Indeed, they made it quite clear to me that it made no difference to them who hacked the emails or why they did so, only that the emails be found and made public before the election.

In the end, I never saw the actual materials they’d been given, and to this day, I don’t know whether there were genuine emails, or whether Smith and his associates were deluding themselves.

Then, a few weeks into my interactions with Smith, he sent me a document, ostensibly a cover page for a dossier of opposition research to be compiled by Smith’s group, and which purported to clear up who was involved. The document was entitled “A Demonstrative Pedagogical Summary to be Developed and Released Prior to November 8, 2016,” and dated September 7. It detailed a company Smith and his colleagues had set up as a vehicle to conduct the research: “KLS Research”, set up as a Delaware LLC “to avoid campaign reporting,” and listing four groups who were involved in one way or another.

My perception then was that the inclusion of Trump campaign officials on this document was not merely a name-dropping exercise. This document was about establishing a company to conduct opposition research on behalf of the campaign, but operating at a distance so as to avoid campaign reporting. Indeed, the document says as much in black and white.

The combination of Smith’s deep knowledge of the inner workings of the campaign, this document naming him in the “Trump campaign” group, and the multiple references to needing to avoid campaign reporting suggested to me that the group was formed with the blessing of the Trump campaign. In the Journal’s story this evening, several of the individuals named in the document denied any connection to Smith, and it’s certainly possible that he was a big name-dropper and never really represented anyone other than himself. If that’s the case, Smith talked a very good game.

these retarded assholes 100% committed hella treason and played right into the russians' hand and most of them will probably get off scot free but that team that Mueller is putting together is my tiny glimmer of hope that maybe just maybe they were all stupid enough to leave a trail of implication

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rocks posted:

you didn't quote the part that implicates Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway

that was already in the wsj story and figured it would be redundant

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Tom Gorman posted:

oh geez o no there is suspicious russian collusion activity

i'm normalized to leaks now someone poke my ribcage when something actually happens because of these breaking stories

tick tick guy is just tryin to get twitter hearts

I'm tryin to get ur twitter heart :bigtran:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

C-Euro posted:

holy crap butters is a good dog

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

the lawfare story is p good

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
but every story that doesn't have the headlines "trump resigns" or "trump impeached" is just a big ol nothingburger

u drat millenials with ur instant gratification bullshit i swear *grumbles like an old man*

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

*proudly wears #TrumpIsMyChump shirt*

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lol cant wait to post that story once it gets shared by sharable news outlets with the trumptards i know accompanied by an endless series of

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

C-Euro posted:

omg

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MAGA Warlord posted:

the lawfare story is p good

they should have had a reporter write it

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

once again just loving imagine being inside the walls of the FBI, CIA, or NSA right now

god drat

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
JEB! is a BIG FAT MESS!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

C-Euro posted:

thank you for the sweet adorable little pup

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/880987402621374464

lmao I know he's not well liked around here butt matty y is pretty funny on twitter

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

MaxxBot posted:

JEB! is a BIG FAT MESS!

speaking of fat messes

jersey is 40 minutes away from a government shutdown

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

:commissar:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Rocks posted:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/880987402621374464

lmao I know he's not well liked around here butt matty y is pretty funny on twitter

i haven't heard about these emails tell me more

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

C-Euro posted:

now that's one heckin' good dog :shittydog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
just postin' here letting you guys know I'm ready to commit felonies if you guys are into that kind of thing just give me a ring. No butt stuff.

• Locked thread