Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Ignimbrite posted:

effortpost

Hot drat I didn't expect a full write up. Thanks. And the collectibles I just turn in to Rowena's people in Rhalgar's, for scrips and exp? What're scrips good currency for? I assume crafting materials and maybe gear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Xun posted:

What are the items between the pillars adding texture to the walls? I might want to steal this idea :v:

Those look like Manor Bookshelves.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Farg posted:

is the 100gp skill that doubles your yield on the next hit new or have i been very very dumb

It was introduced with Heavensward, but doesn't it just improve your yield by 1? Otherwise, I, too have been a little dense :)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Farg posted:

is the 100gp skill that doubles your yield on the next hit new or have i been very very dumb

There are two versions of the skill, one that was added in HW and gives +1 on your next hit, and the new one in SB that gives up to +3 on your next hit based on your gathering stat and the item's level. They both cost 100 GP so the new one is a straight upgrade. It's also the most efficient ability for gathering sheer quantity if you can get it to +3.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Zenos is a giant weeb and I love it.

e: AHHHHHH ESTINIEN'S BACK :supaburn:

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 1, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Minrad posted:

it's probably the best of all the crappy 68 healer traits. can't go wrong with more reasons for stacking the best stats.

I hadn't looked at them, but now that I have, I'd say yeah, probably.

They weren't exactly inspired when it came to level 68 for Healers, huh.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Minrad posted:

it's kind of weird that they added a psuedo heal that scales on tank hp after removing lustrate's %age heal

I'm pretty sure the reason for that is because they didn't want SCHs staying in Cleric and dumping Lustrates into the tank. Now it doesn't matter.

JuggernautEX
Feb 2, 2011
The classic dragoon :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-iXbQ2d0f4

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

nailed it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:discourse: indeed

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I can't even be totally mad. I would've thought the lightning was gonna far before since the marker disappeared. Bad jump for sure, but...I've made some poo poo Shukuchi decisions since I started playing with it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the animation locking on jump is so bizarre anyway. why does it even need to exist?

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
as a DRK I'm finding it hard to know when I can drop Grit and when I can't, and stance changing on PLD is similarly weird to me. Boss fights make it really obvious, but with the sheer amount of AoE everyone's making GBS threads into a pack of 3+ mobs anymore I feel like I can barely keep up in shield oath/grit. Am I just bad or too cautious?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the animation locking on jump is so bizarre anyway. why does it even need to exist?

It exists for big chuckles and it is a huge success on that front.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
DPSes who do not manage their aggro are Actually loving Awful.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I live for the thrill of ripping aggro off the tank as MCH. It means I won.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Someone pick MCH, NIN, or MNK for me. I main SCH and have gotten the hang of SMN, but I wanted to be a not-caster DPS this expansion.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

DRG

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

quote:

I live for the thrill of ripping aggro off the tank as RDM. It means I won.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

nuru posted:

Someone pick MCH, NIN, or MNK for me. I main SCH and have gotten the hang of SMN, but I wanted to be a not-caster DPS this expansion.

NIN is probably the coolest melee dps, plus everything they got in SB is Good poo poo unlike some classes who got No poo poo or even Bad poo poo.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

1300 potency in the first half second of the fight is too much for you, you little baby?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Jinh posted:

1300 potency in the first half second of the fight is too much for you, you little baby?

You are like little child tank.

Holy spam should easily give you enough time to build aggro :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

I live for the thrill of ripping aggro off the tank as MCH. It means I won.

I consider it a personal failure if I can't pull from the tank.

I do pop Shroud/Quelling as appropriate though.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I can't use Diversion on every pull so you need to stop being a baby tank and hold aggro as I throw out every last bit of damage I can, cause I'm not stopping.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I only try to pull aggro from tanks who tell me "Don't aoe, only attack the target I'm attacking" because they are bad tanks and deserve it.

(This literally happened in Tamtara normal yesterday.)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

If I popped Diversion and I'm still pulling aggro guess whose fault that is? I'm not throttling my DPS for anyone. Use your drat enmity generation dammit.

unseenlibrarian posted:

I only try to pull aggro from tanks who tell me "Don't aoe, only attack the target I'm attacking" because they are bad tanks and deserve it.

tbf low-level tanking is hot steaming garbage

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

nuru posted:

Everything I've heard from my friend who's a Ninja main is that the job is very fun to play now with multiple decisions to be made at any given moment instead of going through a rote progression.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
its hosed up how no one wants to play tank in this game *goes out of my way to make tanking as miserable an experience as possible* alas i guess people just hate leadership

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I had a Brayflox run with a Gladiator earlier this week.

They killed the sub job requirements in SB right? It was bad times.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Augus posted:

If I popped Diversion and I'm still pulling aggro guess whose fault that is? I'm not throttling my DPS for anyone. Use your drat enmity generation dammit.

tbf low-level tanking is hot steaming garbage

i mean, if you popped diversion, you're managing your aggro. i'm not asking anyone to sit on empty gcds, it's just stupid when someone would rather gently caress up an entire pull and have the tank have to run around grouping up six scattered mobs because they couldn't pop diversion.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean, if you popped diversion, you're managing your aggro. i'm not asking anyone to sit on empty gcds, it's just stupid when someone would rather gently caress up an entire pull and have the tank have to run around grouping up six scattered mobs because they couldn't pop diversion.

It's a two minute cooldown. Every other pull in any given dungeon is going to have it be unavailable. Tanks are still fully capable of gaining and holding aggro without it, consider :gitgud:

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Play better.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

unseenlibrarian posted:

paladin has no meaningful way to hold aoe threat in early dungeons. i know it's super easy to act like 'uh duh just use your infinite threat button dipshit' if you've never considered tanking without a little bit of pee dribbling out of your dick or whatever but tanks can only generate a finite amount of threat in a given span of time

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

paladin has no meaningful way to hold aoe threat in early dungeons. i know it's super easy to act like 'uh duh just use your infinite threat button dipshit' if you've never considered tanking without a little bit of pee dribbling out of your dick or whatever but tanks can only generate a finite amount of threat in a given span of time

and in early dungeons you don't actually need a tank, I don't see the problem. Just accept that you might not be able to hold aggro before L26, everything will be fine.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
telling new players "look i know you wanted to tank, but just trust me no one actually wants you to" for the first however many hours of their game time seems pretty stupid

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's going to be really great when they fix the 270 slaying problem and make it so that leveling tanks do even shittier damage in a primarily solo environment. People will be flocking to that role!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Every dungeon I do drops all tank at all opportunities so I have a confirmation bias that all the tanks are fully sorted and don't need to do dungeons or whatever anymore.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Countblanc posted:

telling new players "look i know you wanted to tank, but just trust me no one actually wants you to" for the first however many hours of their game time seems pretty stupid

it's also not even true. healers can and will die to trash mobs if they pull aggro in like tam-tara.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

It's not hard to hold aggro as a GLD in the lower level dungeons, it's just not as easy as MRD/DRK. Brayflox was when it started to feel dicey, but now you get Shield Oath at 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Fister Roboto posted:

It's going to be really great when they fix the 270 slaying problem and make it so that leveling tanks do even shittier damage in a primarily solo environment. People will be flocking to that role!

My least favorite thing by far about Heavensward-and-on FFXIV is how long overworld mobs take to kill as a WHM. I really wish they had less HP but also did more damage so my best course of action wasn't to stand there and facetank them to the tune of 7% of their max HP per Stone 3/4.