Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'm just glad I'm not the one ruining the joke this time.

Seriously though, if you fucks haven't read Catch-22 you probably should. It's pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Also from the motorcycle media thread but have to share it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNwQK_HIHRU

:kiss:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ahh thats gonna hurt for a bit, RIP his skin

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Holy gently caress, that's gonna suck.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

George is doing great. eats good, poops good, and is a chill baby

Also ty for the Yossarian praise, it took a lot of convincing.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
RIP biker man's jaw bone.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
life is hard, its even harder when you're dumb

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

God when he's sliding in front of the bike :stonk:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
loving hell, looks like he tried to throttle out of it and hit loose gravel. He lowsided in front, that's awful. There's almost no situation where you'd want to get high-sided off a bike, but that's probably one of them.

I'd rather get thrown into a road sign or guard rail or car than lowside in front of a bike. Better to die from blunt force trauma.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

thats like half the dorks that post here

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

George is doing great. eats good, poops good, and is a chill baby

Also ty for the Yossarian praise, it took a lot of convincing.

Congrats to you and the lady, and nth'ing the "awesome name" praise.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Proud Christian Mom posted:

life is hard, its even harder when you're dumb

Politics would suggest otherwise.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Apparently Rider McSkinless had front wheel wobble for FIVE MILES before he ate poo poo.

Isn't front wheel wobble a sign to get off the loving bike and get it looked at?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

McNally posted:

Apparently Rider McSkinless had front wheel wobble for FIVE MILES before he ate poo poo.

Isn't front wheel wobble a sign to get off the loving bike and get it looked at?

Uhh only if you're a pussy and value your skin!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah you don't mess with front wheel wobble. If for no other reason than that's where about two thirds of your potential braking come from, but I've heard a lot of people that ride bikes say that you should never use your front brake because you'll kill yourself instantly. Those people are dumb.

If your front wheel is wobbling and your big idea is to accelerate up to highway speeds then you've probably been dicing with death your entire life no matter what you are doing.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Exhibit A as to why i wear my loving gear. jesus.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
a friend of mine wrecked his bike. had a helmet on but nothing but basketball shorts and a tshirt with it. took all the skin off one of his arms. it was gross.

when i worked at a car shop a guy came up with his expensive rear end ducatti wearing pretty much the same thing with flip flops. some people are just crazy.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The world needs organ donors

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my first day doing paramedic clinicals a dude came in who fell backwards while popping a wheelie. slid 150 ft on blacktop, dirt, and gravel on his rear end.

there was no rear end left

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Five miles of front wheel wobble, he got what was coming to him. I thought he was just in a tank-slapper from getting loose.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

my first day doing paramedic clinicals a dude came in who fell backwards while popping a wheelie. slid 150 ft on blacktop, dirt, and gravel on his rear end.

New nickname Hank Hill?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The world needs organ donors

A coworker's wife is a nurse at a major regional hospital and refers to two-wheeled motorized transportation as "donorcycles".

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol if ur an organ donor everyone knows 911 checks your ID first and won't save you if they see donor so big pharma can harvest your organs to make vaccines

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The general rule is that cruiser riders spend a fortune on leather and then nothing on a helmet. Sport bike riders spend a fortune on their helmet and ride around with shorts and flip flops.

It's true basically across all English speaking countries.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Was he nostalgic for that butt 🤔

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

not caring here posted:

The general rule is that cruiser riders spend a fortune on leather and then nothing on a helmet. Sport bike riders spend a fortune on their helmet and ride around with shorts and flip flops.

It's true basically across all English speaking countries.

I thought it was a pretty good policy for the military to require riders to wear gear on base but it does gently caress all about all the fatal accidents in their off time.

I wonder if you get SGLI if you off yourself on a bike wearing flip flops.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Watching newest fast and furious

Fate of the furious ? Idk. Just as ridiculous as I expected, not much action still tho 🤔

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I need to somehow blow 25$ in AmEx gift certificate on Amazon, and find a movie to fill my evening, taking suggestions.

Leaning towards Hunt for Red October

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Barebones Living Ultimate Tool | Ultimate Multi-Use Hori Hori Garden Tool with Sheath https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LX67R0C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_BWewzbH01WQS0

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I need to somehow blow 25$ in AmEx gift certificate on Amazon, and find a movie to fill my evening, taking suggestions.

The mating habits of the earthbound human.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Rent Light in the Piazza for 2.99. Saw this recently on TCM or something and it's literally about George Hamilton trying to bang a retarded woman. This is presented as a great opportunity for her, since what else has she got going on 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Buca di Bepis posted:

I thought it was a pretty good policy for the military to require riders to wear gear on base but it does gently caress all about all the fatal accidents in their off time.

I wonder if you get SGLI if you off yourself on a bike wearing flip flops.

When I was still in the Navy policy was that you had to wear sleeves, pants, proper shoes, gloves, and helmet all the time. An accident without them on could be found outside of the line of duty.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Wearing all his gear got my friend a medical retirement after he t-boned an idiot in a 4runner and destroyed his knee, rather than a line of duty determination and years of surgeries (3 and counting) on his own dime.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Mr. Nice! posted:

When I was still in the Navy policy was that you had to wear sleeves, pants, proper shoes, gloves, and helmet all the time. An accident without them on could be found outside of the line of duty.

Also a lie

http://www.benefits.va.gov/INSURANCE/sgli_myths_rumors.asp

quote:

True or False: SGLI or VGLI won't pay if I die in a motor vehicle accident or airplane accident and wasn't wearing a seat belt.

False: SGLI or VGLI claims are paid regardless of whether the member was or was not wearing a seatbelt.

True or False: SGLI or VGLI won't pay if I die in a motorcycle accident and I was not wearing a helmet.

False: Your SGLI or VGLI proceeds will be paid to your beneficiary or beneficiaries, regardless of whether you were or were not wearing a helmet.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Do you still get it while running from the cops going over 120mph?

Sigh. He was a decent kid otherwise.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hrm...two 40k books, or a Groom Mate Platinum XL for 24.97

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

look dude you don't need to post all these fake options to hide the big black dildo you're buying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I need to dig up pictures of the time I mail-ordered 10 flesh-colored buttplugs for a metal festival

• Locked thread