Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807626&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=155#post473613608
These have helped me completely tank my score in Multiverse events while also blasting through them (the game apparently hates combos and playing Well).

To get good scores in SP you have to do like two of the following:

- Kill your opponent quickly
- Kill your opponent while taking very little damage
- Do a lot of unnecessary bullshit like outright win clashes and four-bar supers

The game won't reward you well for doing a lot of zoning/spamming or picking your spots.

What this means in practice is that it's a lot easier to accumulate XP by running AI on multiverse events (why Batman you got 700 XP in 40 seconds again? Thanks!) than it is to play the game yourself, which is perhaps not ideal.

I need to know what I am supposed to use source crystals for. I have refrained from auto-leveling characters because that seems like a waste.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

pubic works project posted:

They could do a Nite Owl premier skin for Batman. Either that or Owl Man (which I totally want to happen)

Voiced by James Woods. His response to every clash is "It doesn't matter."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The power of Shaders will let me think that I'm playing as Ermac instead.

McSpanky posted:

Voiced by James Woods. His response to every clash is "It doesn't matter."

"It doesn't matter..."
"I'M BATMAN"

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Funky Valentine posted:

The power of Shaders will let me think that I'm playing as Ermac instead.

"I'M BATMAN"
"It doesn't matter..."

ftfy

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

dont even fink about it posted:

I need to know what I am supposed to use source crystals for. I have refrained from auto-leveling characters because that seems like a waste.

Use them on premier skins and/or fancy unlockable shaders.

I used my last few thousand on a gaudy af orange/purple/green shader for harley. Was not dissapoint.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Put The Tick in this game.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

opioid agonist posted:

Use them on premier skins and/or fancy unlockable shaders.

I used my last few thousand on a gaudy af orange/purple/green shader for harley. Was not dissapoint.

This is correct, only use them for skins/shaders

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

vyst posted:

Bring on the riddler. His special is to send you brain teasers and if you get it wrong you take damage

There is a fighting game character that works sorta like this - in Arc System Works' Fist of the North Star game, Jagi has a "say my name!" super where he point-blanks the other character with a shotgun if they can't correctly pick his name from a list.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Speaking of source crystals...

As of today's update, players with profile level 65 or higher should be receiving free bonus crystals to make up for the previous level 60 cap on possible in-game source crystals earned.

That means you grem

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Just open a mother box ya dingus

fortocero
Jul 23, 2007

I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.
Applied for goon squad - fortocero

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

opioid agonist posted:

Just open a mother box ya dingus

wut?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

He seems to be assuming you can get skins or crystals out of Mother Boxes. :catstare:

Also want to go back in time and tell Jack Kirby about the context in which we are using the phrase "Mother Box"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

He seems to be assuming you can get skins or crystals out of Mother Boxes. :catstare:

Also want to go back in time and tell Jack Kirby about the context in which we are using the phrase "Mother Box"

Oh yea, I should clarify that I don't think you should buy shaders with crystals, either.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Backlogged SC earnage is usually gained by just opening your mother's box after an update.

Again, this applies only to those above level 64 who have heretofore been begrudged their rightful SCs

TL;DR:

Your mom's box

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Hey Grem, my apologies but I forgot to make my default message to Goon Squad say I'm from SA as I'm on about 4 hours of sleep.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Eightlaces or something? I got you.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Soul Calibur related does anyone remember a weird pen and pencil webcomic type thing about it and the adventures of Voldo and his assless chaps?

I still think IJ2 is cool and good but I think it's easy to burn out playing solo.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Soul Calibur related does anyone remember a weird pen and pencil webcomic type thing about it and the adventures of Voldo and his assless chaps?

I still think IJ2 is cool and good but I think it's easy to burn out playing solo.

Good thing its meant to be played multiplayer and even has an online mode if you don't have friends.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
decode next box button, you are my best friend

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Recent patch is loving bad.

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Injustice-2-July-update/m-p/1566889#M14

-- Reduced how much XP, credits, and gear drops you get when using AI fighters
-- XP has also been reduced when fighting characters lower level than you
-- lowered drop rates of abilities, shaders, and epics

But hey thanks for the minor buff to Black loving Adam, he really needed that. Thanks, NRS :bravo:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lol why ?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

What is the loving point of this?! :psyduck:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yeah I hate the new AI XP rules.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Recent patch is loving bad.

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Injustice-2-July-update/m-p/1566889#M14

-- Reduced how much XP, credits, and gear drops you get when using AI fighters
-- XP has also been reduced when fighting characters lower level than you

But hey thanks for the minor buff to Black loving Adam, he really needed that. Thanks, NRS :bravo:

What is the point in these changes?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I said come in! posted:

What is the point in these changes?

Remember when you forked over somewhere in the vicinity of $100 to buy this game with the DLC? That's not enough. More is needed.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

loving boooooo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dont even fink about it posted:

Remember when you forked over somewhere in the vicinity of $100 to buy this game with the DLC? That's not enough. More is needed.

There are no money spending options to get around these changes is the thing. :/

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

seems like with every patch they're just punishing people loving more and more by lowering drop rates, experience, loving everything. It's scumbag level horseshit especially when this is the priority over any actual balance changes.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The best part is I'm pretty sure you don't get bonus XP for beating a character that's higher level than yours. Only punished for fighting a lower one.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Man Warner Bros really do fly under the radar compared to EA, Activision and Ubisoft for the poo poo they pull with games don't they?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lmao God forbid people actually have to play the game now to level up characters.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

fadam posted:

Lmao God forbid people actually have to play the game now to level up characters.

Eh I never really did too much of that. Lowering the gear drop quality is some huge bullshit though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fadam posted:

Man, I grinded out leveling up 25 characters before letting the AI do it for me. Let me have this. :/

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

fadam posted:

There is no way in hell I'm personally leveling motherfuckin' Robin to 20.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

After about hour 10 of AI battles, I started to think, "What is the point of leveling a character I'm never going to actually play? And if I am going to play them, wouldn't it be good practice to do this myself"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

maybe if you bothered to loving read you'd know the dumbest changes are to things that have nothing to do with this

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay I can get over the AI grinding, but it's bullshit that I'm punished for having a level 11 Batman and not getting regular XP when I need to fight level 5s.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think NetherRealms is trying to discourage exclusive AI play it is just that it's stupid to even care about that.

NetherRealms did thankfully fix an EXP exploit though that allowed players to get profile rank 100+ within only a few hours. To little to late though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
ai will fight anomalies now

• Locked thread