Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Either way. The unrelenting negativity just got to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Is that dude okay? :ohdear:

He dead.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Nia Jax calling Saxton is one of the best things to come out of Ride Along.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Have Braun kill and eat Brock Lesnar.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Push El Burrito posted:

Have Braun kill and eat Brock Lesnar.

"I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU YET!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Midnightghoul posted:

He's white, who cares

His fat, ugly mama :mad:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
He's probably a cisgender male too. And I bet he doesn't even have a tumblr account. He won't be missed

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

There is a good chance he will wake up thinking he is fred flinstone after a kick to the head like that so I wouldnt worry about labels when the guy is probably trying to eat a fork with a pork chop as we speak

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Jerusalem posted:

His fat, ugly mama :mad:

Enough about his promiscuous mother!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
To whoever said writers aren't constantly having to change their poo poo in tv: they are. Locations get lost, actors want to change lines, the network doesn't like something, the producer doesn't like something, or another show does your thing. Considering how much time in a wrestling show can be done by agents, wrestling seems easier hour by hour to write than other TV.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If you love sweaty dudes smashing into each other and literally do not care that your material was dropped in favor of a rollup pin then yeah the job seems pretty easy.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
The Lana rematch is just dumb after they had Naomi kick out of her finisher and squash her twice.

That said, Lana's powerbomb thing looks cool even though it's got a pretty long setup. I thought it was a neat move. Too bad the only time it was sold worth a gently caress wasn't in an actual match.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
On the brightside:

https://twitter.com/wale/status/880930982362304514

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

SWEET BEETZ or we riot.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I forgot Bray Wyatt was WWE Champion this year and was only reminded while listening to a podcast about Mania 33

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

mary had a little clam posted:

Regarding Writer/Vince/HHH chat earlier in the thread, I have a stupid question:

Do you think WWE could, if they so chose, hire the showrunner of a successful "prestige TV" show to come do a "season" of WWE and help unfuck all the dumb writing and bad planning? Like would the skills translate? I'm thinking, like, could you throw some money at Game of Thrones' David Benioff and have him point WWE in the right direction? I mean, he runs a show with like 50 main characters where the whole point is people fighting and betraying each other. Do you think that would make him able to write WWE better?

If not an outside showrunner, who would you have replace HHH/Vince as the heads of Creative?

also, this is old, but the answer is not getting another established showrunner, it's letting your writer's room actually run like a writer's room with maybe just, ten people at max, without a domineering old insane booker. Keep those people in the Titan offices, all the other writing talent are on location script writers/editors working with talent and agents and working towards the plan that isn't changed on the fly. if things go wrong with injuries, you can book filler raws at the last minute, and recover/come up with a new direction over the week.

NXT, ROH, and Lucha work because they're taped at once, meaning they're forced to follow a direction for at least some length of time, but it's false to think you can't do this with weekly live shows. You just need someone who can commit to a story line, and isn't tempted by every whim they have. You need someone who isn't a jumpy, insane booker at the helm, but you still need a booker at the end of the day, not just a prestige television director.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

also, this is old, but the answer is not getting another established showrunner, it's letting your writer's room actually run like a writer's room with maybe just, ten people at max, without a domineering old insane booker. Keep those people in the Titan offices, all the other writing talent are on location script writers/editors working with talent and agents and working towards the plan that isn't changed on the fly. if things go wrong with injuries, you can book filler raws at the last minute, and recover/come up with a new direction over the week.

NXT, ROH, and Lucha work because they're taped at once, meaning they're forced to follow a direction for at least some length of time, but it's false to think you can't do this with weekly live shows. You just need someone who can commit to a story line, and isn't tempted by every whim they have. You need someone who isn't a jumpy, insane booker at the helm, but you still need a booker at the end of the day, not just a prestige television director.

So what you're saying is SouthPaw Wrestling needs to come back? I agree.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

CubsWoo posted:

I forgot Bray Wyatt was WWE Champion this year and was only reminded while listening to a podcast about Mania 33

A little bit ago, I was trying to think of what John Cena did at this year's Wrestlemania and I literally could not remember until I looked it up, even though I actually liked the match and he shoot proposed marriage after it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Cross post from the b league MMA thread, but this is great because it's a shoot Trouble in Paradise
https://twitter.com/kokings4/status/880511073664860161

holy poo poo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cool racism going on in this thread

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

DoctorGonzo posted:

cool racism going on in this thread

thats racist

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tomahawk posted:

thats racist

im latino, i cant be racist

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I got asked to write about the NJPW thing by coincidence by a local newspaper. How do j write a wrestling story, who is my interview subjects help

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

That DICK! posted:

I got asked to write about the NJPW thing by coincidence by a local newspaper. How do j write a wrestling story, who is my interview subjects help

step 1: attribute everything to meltzer

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Senerio posted:

Either way. The unrelenting negativity just got to me.

I did my best to stop it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

That DICK! posted:

Interview me when you buy me that beer you promised.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Interview me I have all the scoops on shin nippon puroresu

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Just write whatever stupid poo poo you want, it's not like the media is going to bother fact checking a pro wrestling story.

"Also appearing at the NJPW show will be the 7'6" Andre the Giant" sure, that sounds right. Print it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ugh why did I bother.

Smackdown is having a house show on the same night as Great Balls of Fire

PPV

Should I go?

Jiro fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 1, 2017

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

I'm gonna need context for this one.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

keevo posted:

I'm gonna need context for this one.

That's Big E

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jiro posted:

Ugh why did I bother.

Smackdown is having a house show on the same night as Great Balls of Fire

PPV

Should I go?

You can just not look at spoilers and watch GBOF later...

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

oldpainless posted:

That's Big E

Whew thanks for clearing that up I was worried.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought Twin Peaks was skipping an episode this week?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey so this is cool.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

DoctorGonzo posted:

im latino, i cant be racist

you definitely are legitimately racist though so

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

VJeff posted:

Hey so this is cool.

I want this to happen on the main roster and it ends with Asuka wearing 3 belts.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Little Mac posted:

he's racist against Bayley, who is also latina, oddly enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Little Mac posted:

gently caress off

• Locked thread