Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

From the comments:

quote:

3.0 PLEASE 3.0 We can not stand anymore.

quote:

..This is PAW PAW ...
CIG where is Q42 ... ?
Oh wait its delayed till 2018 ... "TBA at Citizen Con" ... ! But hey have another ....sale in the meantime!

quote:

It´s so close, we have waited quite long so just one more Month of patience is no great deal. Take it easy.

quote:

YOU cannot stand any more. There are plenty of us who are happy waiting patiently for CIG to get it ready for us. :)

quote:

This is trully what i'm thinking right now.... I'm a suscriber, so i get the chance to test the Caterpillar on june... And i never, NEVER would have imagined i'd love that ship so much oO. It's an Ugly ship, not "polished-finished" as Drake-company does but... I can't believe i'm so in love anyway Oo. And i saved my money to buy the Eclipse so... I just have my tears to see the Caterpillar sale running out lol >

quote:

Finally able to get my [Lifetime Insurance] on my Cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

quote:

You’ve spent the past month test flying the Caterpillar and now you have a chance to purchase this massive, versatile cargo ship.

How the gently caress do you test a cargo ship when there's no cargo?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sM5FnXLIYY

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

From the comments:

Yes comments are not kind, finally we are starting to see some rebellion towards a sale

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Watching this restored my virginity

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
:wtchris:

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Beet Wagon posted:

It's not. We know that because "magboots" was a thing they tried to do to let commandos latch on to the outside of other people's ships (since, you know, they can't get docking to work) and it sucked and broke the game so they had to disable it lol.

Heavy gear 2 had working zero-g magboots in 1999 (magmechfeet if you feel pedantic).

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Never before have I been so happy that Youtube lets you delete videos from your history.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
In other scamming news the dude who made Fyre Festival (not Ja Rule) has been arrested for wire fraud.
http://www.stereogum.com/1950080/fyre-festivals-billy-mcfarland-arrested-for-wire-fraud/news/

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm the 0% in game footage used

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

He's dressed as

Isn't he?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
They should give away a flare gun with every caterpillar. That way you can signal for help when the cargo hold liquid gravity piper gets broken by a careless forklift driver.
That Hans, guy just got his license too.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

If I ever made a game and someone made this I would refund them and ban them

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Is the Game out?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

quote:

at least 32 unfinished (18 of which are delayed) 125 finished on schedule report. at least 157 features 80% complete. all features treated the same despite importance over others.

Are they even looking at the same task list? Or did they flip the numbers around in their head.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

serious norman posted:

Is the Game out?

There's a game?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Seems legit

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus posted:

RemindMe! June 30, 2017

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

The Titanic posted:

It would be fun if this could end like a movie, with outtakes from all the popular people.

Space toilet man: I really just wanted to take a poo poo in space, but it turns out I was the poo poo flushing down the money toilet.

Bunny guy: I really wish I didn't post that on the Internet seriously.

Dark Citizen: It was my dads gun and it really was poor taste for a video game. I just went too far and I'm sorry.

AdmzAdama: I'm loving iiiiiinnnnnssaaaaannne still!!!!

Humility: *somber photo of his grave*

B'tak: I've decided I can't handle the potential of human interaction. I'm just staying in a basement in Alaska. Forever. Forever. Don't come looking for me.

Feel free to add your own funnier ideas here. :)

Stimpire author: It was everything I wanted it to be.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

his nibs posted:

Seems legit

That is a very new looking jacket. Need to break that sucker in.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The energy expended in avoiding reality could be used to power a small town or a bitcoin farm.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry for the big image but this whole thing is gold.

Cognitive dissonance, the thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6kodwk/cig_please_dont_become_like_frontierdev/

200 replies in 4 hours because, let's face it, the game is about spending money and nothing else.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6kodwk/cig_please_dont_become_like_frontierdev/

200 replies in 4 hours because, let's face it, the game is about spending money and nothing else.

These people are baffled by cosmetic cash shops goddamn

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"I hope CIG doesn't turn into pay2win," as the whale drops another $1000 on a concept ship that promises to win every dog fight and fellate the pilot at the same time

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

These people are baffled by cosmetic cash shops goddamn

to be fair, selling cosmetic items that don't change gameplay in any way for small amounts of cash is a much, much scummier business model than straight up selling player upgrades for hundreds or thousands of dollars, sometimes only to people who have already given you a large amount of money :v:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 1, 2017

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

No Redchris, there is no "win". That's what you can't seem to grasp, there is no competition here of who is right and who is wrong, the only thing there is, is Goons and others stating that CIG are completely poo poo at living up to their own hype. Hype that people like you buy into by the $1000's while complaining loudly at a $5 microtransaction in other games, you defend the poo poo out of CIG despite their continued failings, their continued displays of what they have no idea how to make, their continued chest beating of how great they are compared to all other games dev studios.

All the while, they still have yet to complete a single project, the complexities of a single player campaign elude them, the technicalities of good networking frameworks lay beyond their grasp, there is no competition here, CIG are the undisputed champions of flashing their knickers to all and sundry while promising you immediate access and then quickly going into hiding and ignoring what they just did.

For the last 5 years, people like you have repeated "Just you wait until feature/patch/gameplay/knickers/anything drops, you'll all being sorry when that happens!" and for the last 5 years, this event that you wishfully dream about has not once happened. 2.0 was the closest CIG have ever gotten to living up to their word, and to be honest it was a very low target to hit, it's not exactly cutting edge or particulary impressive in any respect other than being sort of pretty. How long did that quiet the non dreamers for? A few weeks? A few days? Less?

CIG keep proving the Goons and anyone else who takes their presentations with a liberal bucket of doubt completely correct in being doubtful, 3.0 will be yet another "meh, nothing like what they showed off, bit crap really" event and once again you guys will renew the dance of "Just you stupid goonies wait until 3.2 drops, you'll all look pretty dumb then!". CIG will gleefully take your money and then proceed to completely piss all over your dreams of being right for once, and you'll thank and defend them for it, again. :) I actually can't wait until they announce 3.0 for release, if nothing else, just to see how you and your :reddit: buddies engage in the usual rounds of convincing yourselves it's everything you expected and more.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Who are these people? Are reptoids real?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

trucutru posted:

What the gently caress, this is exactly what CIG has been doing since day and will continue to do

Are these people seriously on crack 24/7 to be so delusional?

Chris against subscriptions eh? What the gently caress do they keep thanking everyone for at the end of the weekly videos...

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

Yes comments are not kind, finally we are starting to see some rebellion towards a sale

HA

I pulled this out of the anniversary stream in december 2016 when they were doing ship commercials for different ship skins

quote:

kawala999 :1000 users less than before, this isn't good
Alonsospace : PLS SHOW SOMETHING USEFUL!
cdhendy : This is terrible.
FatalNut : backers give zero F's about this "tournament." Just give us a playable game...
Strfox : yay. i get to watch other people play the game instead of getting to experience anything myself! merry xmass to me!
Tehrin_150 : SUPER....not interested in spending any more money until you release 2.6
NoreNZ2016 : Just give us 2.6 already!
revouz : We dont want any comp!! Where is 2.6? Work instead of doing this *** thing please! ;(
BluJester23 : trying to fill humor in for the lack of gameplay they are showing
Asgar1205 : yay...ships...let's sell more stuff, but don't show SQ42 for the third time in a row...and also push back every single patch that's announced
Zmajuga :No more money before 3.0!
apollorez : This game is never going to launch
Chalkyj : jesus christ do they intend on showing anything interesting what so ever?
Cpt_data : Let's hope for 2.6PTU this weekend. I doubt it gonna happen, but surprise me. Buuuuuuuuut ... I think I won't pour any more money in the project before Three-Point-Zero, cuz my hangar is filled with more ships I can't fly than those I can.
edw224 : translation: We didn't make enough money haha
Pertine : I'm kinda bored with the never ending sales to be honest.
SyncedGamingTV : to be offend - ok - but why are you censoring all the eligible critics?!? There is no 3.0 - there is no SQ42 Demo!?!?!?
TheDangerJohnson : *** you CIG for rehashing the studio battles nobody enjoyed last stream
XxEvacxX : Honestly stop trying to sell things to me and just give us some actual content.
Killer_devil : the game take to long my computer cant run it now
shineraus : Nay sayers are just competitor company propaganda spies. Go SC team!!
Dethos : So Much SALT.....I LOVE CIG....but am finally Upset
Official_Jayberg : @RattleNHum, If they're working so hard and spending so much, why can't we have an SQ42 demo? Events like this are incredibly important - if I wasn't already backed, and I saw this poor production quality, I would steer well clear
SintheGamer : so many valid comments being deleted they arent even malicious
GamerGirlu : This is a bit like a cargo cult of actual game development company
Lupusregalis : What the Fk is with the lame CUT & Paste of an F1 race car for MISC Razor?
Da_FuNkAy : ^^
Strfox : no wonder the development of this game is taking forever. no one is good at anything.
Sgtjockitch : Hey at least evocoti gets to play 2.6! Kappa, wish I had hundreds of hours of game time and bought $1000 worth of ships so I could be evocoti. Oh wait I did back for $1000 and I do have hundreds of hours of game time.
Boloww : So how has this game not even remotely improved in the 3 years since Arena Commander initially launched
joranovitch : they are basically doing the same thing as the Pre-stream for the anniversary livestream.... disappointed
marVLs : NO MORE SHIPS, GIVE US MECHANICS <===
marVLs : NO MONEY BEFORE 3.0 RELEASE!
kawawolfy : I'm disappointed, Sorry CIG, but it's a fail for me, i hope that 206 will end quick
Boloww : Did they fix the bug where the servers run at 10 fps so you can run through walls in the PU
rasmusfinn : QA: you ask we answer something else
CRASH_SLI : Sry 2.6 ia big fail
Udelar : Based on what they have decided to show and not show live, I can only conclude that 2.6 PTU is nowhere near ready.
Anyfire : I want my 2 hours lifetime back
Kromel : if you think this game looks boring, you were dropped as an infant. Blame your mom.
Boloww : So is the only news more *** to sell us 4 years after the initial kickstarter?
sammarghh : n the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis.
spacephilosopher : I feel like this gameplay would be more fun with a dancing cat.
Coremine : Is this a sideproject or are they actually putting dev time on this?
DCVolo : WE WANT INFORMATIONS / NEWSnot redondant blabla gameplay we have already seen, not the point of your stream
GamerGirlu : ignore features, here is some concept art

cultists will always pay even if they say they won't

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 2, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I totally forgot Derek was going on the Open House stream at 5 EST. I'll listen to it from the start and let you guys know if there's any "Let me loving finish!" or anything in it.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

XK posted:

I totally forgot Derek was going on the Open House stream at 5 EST. I'll listen to it from the start and let you guys know if there's any "Let me loving finish!" or anything in it.
Spoiler's internet service provider doesnt let derek to finish.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Related to all the free-to-play/subscription stuff, am I right in thinking that the current funding model for 'Star Citizen' is basically a few currency sales (but not pay-to-win) and largely subsidised by 'Squadron 42' (the IP which may or may not be owned by a UK bank)?

Like, that's their official plan and none of the shitizens have a problem with that?

They really think that 'Squadron 42' is going to be such an amazing success that it not only warrants never-ending sequels but also produces enough income to almost fully subsidise 4 studios an an MMO universe.

Business decision...
a. Continue to sell $300 ships (Pay-to-win)
b. Players pay monthly (Subscription)
c. Run universe at a loss paid for by series of single player games (loving insanity!)

:confused:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Dark Off posted:

Spoiler's internet service provider doesnt let derek to finish.

lol, oh no

Derek hoisted by his own VPN.

Edit: I just hit the point where his audio is rapidly cutting in and out.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

Related to all the free-to-play/subscription stuff, am I right in thinking that the current funding model for 'Star Citizen' is basically a few currency sales (but not pay-to-win) and largely subsidised by 'Squadron 42' (the IP which may or may not be owned by a UK bank)?

Like, that's their official plan and none of the shitizens have a problem with that?

They really think that 'Squadron 42' is going to be such an amazing success that it not only warrants never-ending sequels but also produces enough income to almost fully subsidise 4 studios an an MMO universe.

Business decision...
c. Run universe at a loss paid for by series of single player games (loving insanity!)

d. Completely poo poo the bed and let the company fall out of it's own arse and grab as many fixtures and fittings as possible before the plane leaves for the non-extradition country.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Wrecked Angle posted:

Business decision...

Google will see how awesome Chris and Star Citizen are and will let them use their most powerful servers for free.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

kw0134 posted:

"I hope CIG doesn't turn into pay2win," as the whale drops another $1000 on a concept ship that promises to win every dog fight and fellate the pilot at the same time
They aren't upset about P2W, they're angry at the thought that other people might have the ability to P2W. They thought they had already paid to win when they became early adopters with their limited-run chariots and LTI. Now, Johnny-come-latelies will have the same opportunity to buy progress and victory in game, and that's a direct threat to their dream of being the untouchable lords of the 'verse (by virtue of having already paid for the privilege).

And LOL that they haven't figured out that CR will put every single scam-a-buck feature in the game to chase cash flow. Cosmetic upgrades, timer crystals, unlockable RNG crates, special ammo that can only be bought with real money, horrible grinding that can be bypassed by paying real money, and on and on and on.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

lol listening to this, I think it literally is Derek's VPN being the problem.

Dropping UDP packets.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Star Citizen, not paying to win, just paying to dream of winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Star Citizen: pay to lose