Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
With the kind of money random role players are getting I feel like that's a fair deal for Ingles but I also said that about almost all of the Blazers deals last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

i cant wait for teams to start bidding up role players who are good friends with stars and being a cool dude that other other players want to hang out with becomes a bankable NBA skill

bobby brown 4 years 40 million dollar deal in 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

in my brain 18 million is starter money .

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

seriously though there is an absolute 0% chance bobby brown is on the rockets roster if he isnt friends with james harden (and...chris paul), its already a nba skill

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I imagine the James Jones market is going to be hot next year

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

ahhhhHH the crowd goes "OOoohh-- Ahhh!!" like in the grand tales of yore I loving love it

Dexo posted:

Man I wish my lying rear end GM who leaks poo poo and cant be trusted was actually competent at anything relating to his job.

haha I like it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
A bunch of NBA twitter people who never paid any attention to Joe Ingles before last year are being really smug about "casual" fans thinking that's a bad contract

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

MourningView posted:

A bunch of NBA twitter people who never paid any attention to Joe Ingles before last year are being really smug about "casual" fans thinking that's a bad contract

He probably made the r/nba front page at least a dozen times last season year for saying something folksy and fun in an interview, he does have a minor internet basketball freak following

edit: in my indecision I wrote "season year" but I won't change it

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 2, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

pubic works project posted:

Lmao I was trying to get y'all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id81zYPkH2g&t=10s

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Fun Joe Ingles Fact: Joe Ingles turns 30 this year

morestuff posted:

I imagine the James Jones market is going to be hot next year

He might be retiring

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Scouting report: While undersized for his position and a poor shooter, this Kentucky product has an elite friendship tool and social network that have many GMs predicting him as an early lottery pick.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't care if Joe Ingles is good or not, that name and that look makes me believe it's a terrible contract

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Teams have been bringing in the brothers and college buddies of their players or guys they were courting for years

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/rudygobert27/status/881336694753984512

👀

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

so... Gobert is saying that Miami and Boston are poop and trash, stay in Utah

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Carlosologist posted:

so... Gobert is saying that Miami and Boston are poop and trash, stay in Utah

Accurate imo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

G-Hawk posted:

seriously though there is an absolute 0% chance bobby brown is on the rockets roster if he isnt friends with james harden (and...chris paul), its already a nba skill

DeimosRising posted:

Teams have been bringing in the brothers and college buddies of their players or guys they were courting for years

yeah but only for min salaries when it's clear it can move the needle

if i were an nba player during free agency i would do nothing but post emojis and randomly follow and unfollow teams on twitter all day

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

As I recall Joe Ingles played really good D against the Clippers in the playoffs, and he shot 44% from three for the season which is absurd. Given how valuable 3&D guys are these days that contract seems fair

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

he's mistaken that the jazz have any big relationship to championships

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

It would be so epic if Hayward announced who he was signing with by replying to that tweet with the palm tree or clover emoji.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/jeffzillgitt/status/881337931457277953

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

As I recall Joe Ingles played really good D against the Clippers in the playoffs, and he shot 44% from three for the season which is absurd. Given how valuable 3&D guys are these days that contract seems fair

Last year was a huge outlier in terms of 3pt%. In all likelihood he will not continue to shoot that well, at which point he'll be back to being the fringe rotation player he's always been

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/881342153783488512

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If 32 year old Paul Milsap can command multiple 20+ million annual deals, Iggy should easily be able to do the same

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Brolander posted:

tae sighting?

It's not from Tae because it doesn't mention slitting his throat and staring into his eyes as the life slowly drains out of them

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

Last year was a huge outlier in terms of 3pt%. In all likelihood he will not continue to shoot that well, at which point he'll be back to being the fringe rotation player he's always been

I think you're wrong and teams will be very happy if they land Otto Porter

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

If 32 year old Paul Milsap can command multiple 20+ million annual deals, Iggy should easily be able to do the same

Uhhhh not sure I follow.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Metapod posted:

serge is not happy with you guys thinking he is lying about his age https://twitter.com/sergeibaka_7/status/881285403118096388

hah well now I'm sure he's lying (jurisprudence is the 1869 Denier v. Supplier decision) but I can appreciate the "Brazzaville is NOT Kinshasa!!" undertone in there

Anyhow here's Serge around age "18"

And here's a picture from around three years later, note the expression on Future Cavalier Jose Calderon's face:

Wow, shocking indeed

Jota posted:

It's not from Tae because it doesn't mention slitting his throat and staring into his eyes as the life slowly drains out of them

Plus "Williams" is spelled correctly instead of Willams or Wallaims or Wiliams

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

well thats more than the rockets can offer by a good amount so i'm not really sure how/why the rockets proposal could have been a factor?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

I think you're wrong and teams will be very happy if they land Otto Porter

Porter is a least really young

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MourningView posted:

Porter is a least really young

Otoh not a good defender if his shooting was a mirage (it was a mirage what's up dokmo). Maybe he'll get there though. Glad Orlando didn't pull Ingles off though

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Speaking of Deron Williams remember when he was the worst player in the world during the 2017 finals? I never want to see him on the court again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxKIQK2O9Lc
be sure to check out LeBron's vicious screen on Clark in the first play lol

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

EvanTH posted:

Speaking of Deron Williams remember when he was the worst player in the world during the 2017 finals? I never want to see him on the court again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxKIQK2O9Lc
be sure to check out LeBron's vicious screen on Clark in the first play lol

I had repressed that. gently caress. He was awful

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

ESPN's RPM really likes him, he was the 30th pf last year when he wasn't making or taking shots, and 7th or so this year. I think it's probably about 4m per year overpay but he fits their spurs international players are culture stuff, I don't think they were willing to lose him

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/fucc_curry/status/881029620585201664

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Isaiah_Thomas/status/881357549584252929

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

probably the best emoji based trash talk i've ever seen

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

the nba has the best offseason and its not loving close

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

I don't care if Joe Ingles is good or not, that name and that look makes me believe it's a terrible contract

His name is Jingles and Aussies call him Mad Joe. He was also a really good 3 and D guy last year and can pass a bit too. Good piece to have on a contender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

surprise

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881359126747467777

• Locked thread