Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Today, we're all a little Buzzed:

Of course, the most disturbing thing is the permanent pedosmile of the guy right behind Trump.

God willing one of these days there is going to be a book of pictures of all the looks of shock and incredulity from people standing or sitting in Trump's immediate vicinity right after he said something gobsmacking. I'm talking like Hillary Clinton at the debates, Megyn Kelly after after "Only Rosie", that dude at the Al Smith dinner, Lisa Murkowski, Buzz Aldrin, Justin Trudeau.

What I'm saying is, I know how use Photoshop and InDesign. Hire me Random House.

EDIT: gently caress your Dog Tax, I'm not even American :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

That WaPo article about Ivanka is such trash.

quote:

At its heart this is a story about fathers and daughters, and what happens when one becomes president of the United States and the other follows him to the White House and tries to make heads or tails of it.

This is a story of a daughter who leaves her beloved New York. Moves her three children to D.C. Marvels at having a house with an actual back yard, and wonders if the paparazzi who post themselves in front of their new home are paid in 10-hour shifts, because they’re always there to photograph when her husband Jared leaves for work at 6 a.m., but then are always gone by 4 p.m.

This is a story that gets exceptional because it’s the Trumps, for whom life and career are also always entwined with family: Ivanka as a child, building future Trump towers out of Lego sets, as one of her favorite stories goes. An older Ivanka, using the interoffice envelopes in the real Trump Tower to send her father positive press clippings about himself, as an acquaintance remembers. Season after season of “The Apprentice,” with the fates of D-list celebrities determined by the opinions of the two Trumps.

gently caress off.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Rookersh posted:

Trump has no idea what's going on in the USA.

From his tweets, he is a great understanding of whatever Fox and Friends is talking about that last minute. If a another power apart from Russia, or a inside agent gave a bribe to the right co-host they could also control what his next tweet and order was. Probably wouldn't last long, he agrees with the last person he talked to.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

gently caress off.

DEMOCRACY DIES IN DARKNESS

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Pillowpants posted:

So,

The Trump research I was doing a few months ago panned out and I ended up working with Grant Stern on a 10k word piece. This is all so surreal. Ed Lozansky has been ingrained in GOP politics for 40 years.

https://thesternfacts.com/how-one-man-influenced-the-republican-partys-transformation-into-the-grand-old-putin-party-141589792320

I've gone or obtained hundreds of pages from a dozen different archives, and interviewed over 30 people from that world. J. Michael Waller specifically pointed me to the Kissinger-Sobchak commission as a place to look for Lozansky and It was confirmed by another Russian expert who was part of the commission that Lozansky was working with Putin then.

Fascinating. Good stuff.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

TheBalor posted:

No. The president is a prisoner in the White House. He is not allowed to leave unless the Secret Service approves it. He certainly doesn't go walking around anonymously.That's one of the silliest things in House of Cards: the idea that the president could just slither out of the grounds to do evil deeds unnoticed and unwatched.

According to the hard hitting news television program Saturday Night Live ("S.N.L". to those of us in the know :smug:), Clinton used to jog to McDonald's all the time.

It would be unethical for them to lie about that.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

Pillowpants posted:

So,

The Trump research I was doing a few months ago panned out and I ended up working with Grant Stern on a 10k word piece. This is all so surreal. Ed Lozansky has been ingrained in GOP politics for 40 years.

https://thesternfacts.com/how-one-man-influenced-the-republican-partys-transformation-into-the-grand-old-putin-party-141589792320

I've gone or obtained hundreds of pages from a dozen different archives, and interviewed over 30 people from that world. J. Michael Waller specifically pointed me to the Kissinger-Sobchak commission as a place to look for Lozansky and It was confirmed by another Russian expert who was part of the commission that Lozansky was working with Putin then.

Just finished reading the article. Very very impressive work. Thank you! This should be a much bigger story.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nine-gear crow posted:

That's the hilarious thing I've realized recently: Trump probably, no, gently caress, definitely has his lovely KFC and Pizza Hut meals delivered take-out style to the White House on a daily basis because he's terrified of leaving the place. And I say this as a man who loves the poo poo out of the garbage KFC and Pizza Hut try to pass off as food :yum:

I seriously doubt trump has done anything to feed himself other than tell a peon to get him food in at least 30 years.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Throwing Turtles posted:

First day of legal sales here in Nevada and I ended up next to a die hard Trump supporter who wanted to put term limits on lobbyists, and make representatives and senators do an internship before coming and and starting their limited terms.

Why the heck are people talking politics in line at the weed store

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Same Great Paste posted:

According to the hard hitting news television program Saturday Night Live ("S.N.L". to those of us in the know :smug:), Clinton used to jog to McDonald's all the time.

It would be unethical for them to lie about that.

No, you see, you're lying about SNL. They *NEVER* made fun of democratic presidents the way they're making fun of Trump. Don't even bother looking for evidence to support your lies - everyone knows how easy it is these days to make something FAKE on the computer graphics machines! :bahgawd:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Fascinating. Good stuff.

Last week I obtained the board of directors list of the Committee for a Free Afghanistan from 1984 - Abramoff, Lozansky, most of the word anti communist league, and Paul Weyrich.

Yesterday, I received Lozanskys book about lobbying the US on Russia's behalf. It was only published in Russian, but it blew my loving mind when I translated the last chapter and realized it was written by Curt Weldon.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

empty whippet box posted:

I seriously doubt trump has done anything to feed himself other than tell a peon to get him food in at least 30 years.

Did he inherit the Obamas' chef or bring his own? If it's the same guy, just imagine going from making a variety of nice, fresh foods with nice ingredients every day to making either sandwiches with the crusts cut off or microwaved poo poo on the rare occasions you're not just picking up fast food

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

pepito sanchez posted:

Just finished reading the article. Very very impressive work. Thank you! This should be a much bigger story.

It will be. Rick Wilson and Scott Dworkin both said they'd start pushing it, crazy Cliff Kincaid invited me on his show to talk about it, imrussia think tank is writing it up and publishing it, and a book deal may be on its way.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

enraged_camel posted:

If this election has taught us anything, it is that facts don't matter. Not anymore.

Look around you. What percentage of GOP's current behaviors and policies would you say is fact-based?

enraged_camel posted:

Let me clarify: it's not like there is a red button on his desk that launches the nukes. But he has full authority to unilaterally order the military to launch the nukes. The "nuclear football" and all, carried out by an aide who is always with the POTUS.

Other than that, most details of the actual procedure are classified, for obvious reasons.
Will you please give up quietly and by yourself?

We're all scared already, and you're not helping.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Also, why are you going to weed stores with lines? My dispensary has like 8 budtenders, and the only talk in line, when there is one, is about your favorite edibles

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

Did he inherit the Obamas' chef or bring his own? If it's the same guy, just imagine going from making a variety of nice, fresh foods with nice ingredients every day to making either sandwiches with the crusts cut off or microwaved poo poo on the rare occasions you're not just picking up fast food

There's a Popeye's only three blocks from the White House and a Church's in the HUD/NTSB building.

Color me curious if Trump's really making someone run to the KFC in *Bladensburg* to get his Colonel fix.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Because anyone who supports legal pot is 100 times more qualified to talk about politics than anyone who opposes it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

BIG HEADLINE posted:

There's a Popeye's only three blocks from the White House and a Church's in the HUD/NTSB building.

Color me curious if Trump's really making someone run to the KFC in *Bladensburg* to get his Colonel fix.

I had dinner tonight at a Japanese place 2 blocks from the WH, and I wonder how many times Obama got take out from there

The salmon was quite good

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FuriousxGeorge posted:

DEMOCRACY DIES IN DARKNESS

It's (obviously?) a deliberate double meaning of the overall phrase, arguing that we desperately need free press investigation on the one hand and being loomingly ominous on the other.

I am pretty sure you are mocking the second and my marketing expertise is sharply limited, but if you think the line itself is misguided, I would be interested in reading your argument.

Edit: oh huh Ivanka article, fine, point taken

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

I had dinner tonight at a Japanese place 2 blocks from the WH, and I wonder how many times Obama got take out from there

The salmon was quite good

What's the vibe in dc this weekend? My bf and I were thinking about taking the train in and hitting a few museums on Monday, since we both have the day off, but the potential MAGA factor has me a little hesitant

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Glumslinger posted:

Also, why are you going to weed stores with lines? My dispensary has like 8 budtenders, and the only talk in line, when there is one, is about your favorite edibles

in suburban georgia I don't even know who to talk to if I wanted to buy weed.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I believe there is a KFC in the pentagon food court

truly a tale of two countries.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Crow Jane posted:

What's the vibe in dc this weekend? My bf and I were thinking about taking the train in and hitting a few museums on Monday, since we both have the day off, but the potential MAGA factor has me a little hesitant

I mean, I've barely noticed any of that, but I imagine most of the redhats aren't spending their time in the Smithsonian museums. I've only seen one MAGA hat, and it was on a 12 year old.

I mean, I've seen as many supreme court justices around town as I have seen visible trump supporters so far

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, I've barely noticed any of that, but I imagine most of the redhats aren't spending their time in the Smithsonian museums. I've only seen one MAGA hat, and it was on a 12 year old.

I mean, I've seen as many supreme court justices around town as I have seen visible trump supporters so far

...Which Justice did you see?

I hope it was Sotomayor winning a bar brawl.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Like there is literally an special investigation going on right now on his collusion with russia, there is public hearings about his obstruction of justice, there is multiple court cases happening about his financial stuff. Like it's totally possible none of that will go anywhere. But it's insane to act like nothing is being done about his crimes. Like the fact it's gone this far is in itself a really big deal. Even if the sadbrain assumption is he wins them all and wins everything that comes after forever.

That's still not what people were saying though. And either you still don't get it, are retarded, or are playing retarded. Republicans aren't going to do poo poo. This is the same garbage that's been going on since before he was even the nominee and all his base did was worship him more. Even Republicans in Congress and the Senate that he purposely shafted still lick his boots. for gently caress's sake, McCain is still backing the guy. They might not like him, but they get their power from the party, and backing him keeps the party in power. They won't do anything to even try and kick him out so long as the people behind them are still cheering him, and they doubly aren't going anywhere since they voted him in on this garbage.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Isn't Donnie's ocd so great that he throws homemade chicken and burgers at the wall because it isn't KFC/McDs?

Probably.

e:The current WH chef just makes sure the vendingmachines are stocked.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

skylined! posted:

I believe there is a KFC in the pentagon food court

truly a tale of two countries.

It's a KFC *Express*. Inferior! :sad:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

How can you respect a president whom doesn't know the value of an organic GMO free lobster risotto? Maybe preceded with a Dijon mustard dressing based arugula salad?

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 2, 2017

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Isn't Donnie's ocd so great that he throws homemade chicken and burgers at the wall because it isn't KFC/McDs?

Probably.

e:The current WH chef just makes sure the vendingmachines are stocked.

he isn't OCD but I imagine the WH kitchen has quickly come up with new, exciting, and relatively healthy ways to serve meatloaf, burnt steaks with ketchup, fried chicken, and french fries

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Pellisworth posted:

he isn't OCD but I imagine the WH kitchen has quickly come up with new, exciting, and relatively healthy ways to serve meatloaf, burnt steaks with ketchup, fried chicken, and french fries

I would pay good goddamn money for White House chef meatloaf.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Another chef has hanged themselves with their apron, my Lord. The suicide note read the same as the last two...'I just can't waste my life and talent cooking food this bad - I would say to tell my wife and children I love them, but I forgot how to love anything a month ago.'"

"USELESS MORONS!!! Bring me...Guy Fieri."

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Another chef has hanged themselves with their apron, my Lord. The suicide note read the same as the last two...'I just can't waste my life and talent cooking food this bad - I would say to tell my wife and children I love them, but I forgot how to love anything a month ago.'"

Oh god, it's too loving perfect

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Shady Amish Terror posted:

In fairness even most US citizens have a very cursory understanding, at best, of the powers of the president. The president also fulfills major diplomatic roles and has major military powers, and has fairly consistently been given more power and leeway in executing the functions of the job over time. All of that said, the president TECHNICALLY can't just declare new laws, yes, although even among administrations who weren't flaming shitheaps like the current one you'd sometimes see executive power being used in ways that really stretch a strict reading of the office's guidelines.

The current president has a very cursory understanding of the powers of the president.

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's easy to mock him but even Guy Fieri is too high end for Trump.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I expect once the heat keeps building from ongoing investigations, we'll get a sob story about how the WH kitchen staff reached out to KFC and McD's for recipe secrets because Trump just wanted to eat like the American everyman :allears:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Fitzy Fitz posted:

gently caress off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuR_ALpzG9s
:suicide:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remember when every now and then Obama would venture outside the White House and go to 5 guys or Panera Bread or some poo poo? Mingle with the commoners for a bit?

Trump would never consider doing anything like that. Ever.

For two reasons, I imagine. One, he likely thinks that that is beneath him. And two, the Secret Service is afraid someone would try to shoot/punch him. His approval rating does suck something hard after all and they've all seen the public push backs to his poo poo

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Throwing Turtles posted:

First day of legal sales here in Nevada and I ended up next to a die hard Trump supporter who wanted to put term limits on lobbyists, and make representatives and senators do an internship before coming and and starting their limited terms.

That sounds like a mishmash of political terms he heard. Why the hell would there be a term limit on lobbyists? They're not elected.

You should have asked him if the same idea should apply to presidents. Maybe have a big council that regulates who should be president or not.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

For two reasons, I imagine. One, he likely thinks that that is beneath him. And two, the Secret Service is afraid someone would try to shoot/punch him. His approval rating does suck something hard after all and they've all seen the public push backs to his poo poo

Assaulting someone, no matter how heinous they are, sounds like a microaggression, and no one can have THAT on their karmic crystalline eco-friendly consciousness! It might even be a macroaggression. :ohdear:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The media just can't help falling over themselves to write glowing pieces about Ivanka. Who is the only one in the family smart enough to keep her mouth shut about most things and gives mostly non-answers when asked about controversial issues. John Oliver did a good piece a month or two ago talking about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

>wake up at 2 PM
>subconsciously poo poo in my bathrobe while sleeping
>scream at the top of my lungs PPPPRIIIEEEEBBBUUUUUSSSS!!!!
>Bannon silently lurks into the doorway of my room
>y-y-y-es Mr. President?
> Wash this and fetch me KFC!
>Bannon silently weeps and walks over with a fresh bathrobe.
>start tweeting and flailing my arms because I have been criticised on the tele by the meanies
>start to screech while Priebus tries to not have another mental break down session
>start chanting "KFC yummy, yummy for my tummy" SAD!

• Locked thread