Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

it's her (majesty's) turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

Please let me know if there's a living heir for this man so the Democrats can jump on the Macron Monarchy bandwagon.

emperor norton would have won

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im ok with like, a made up king that has no power but gets to live in a fancy castle on taxpayer money because its fun gossip and you can do cool publicity poo poo with it like knight people

thats kind of how royalty seems to effectively work these days so its w/e

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

well yeah 11/9 really shook me and my view of america vs the rest of the world

I think there's just a natural instinct for a lot of humans to passively follow Strong Person and not really question this urge nor the credentials of said person

if you look to most storytelling, people tend to be attracted to decisive, active characters. i think its just a human thing to want to see people make choices whether it be for u or not

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

idk if it's just me being an American but I have Canadian and European friends and they just shrug and passively accept that their societies are utterly subservient to the wills of a monarch and that they pour millions of dollar-equivalents into their lives

this is constantly justified by "we make more off these people than we pay into them!" and threadbare appeals to tradition et al, but tbh it's disgusting seeing the canadian parliament hang up a gigantor poster of the queen

do you have that little regard for your own independence and self-worth? it's barely any better than the maga chuds when you worship some wrinkled useless piece of poo poo who's only served to soak up effort and labor to live in pamperence for eight decades

cool thing kinda about the queen is that she's like mega ultra rich but almost all of that property is available for public use

like if you loving gave it away to poor people within 10 years some rich guy would buy all of it out and you'd see less overall economic circulation because of it

it's one of those don't break it just because you wish it didn't work that way kind of things

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This might sound like a joke, but I'm serious. I've never heard a convincing argument for why Britain wouldn't be better served by telling the royal family to take a hike and making the Corgis the new royal family

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

This might sound like a joke, but I'm serious. I've never heard a convincing argument for why Britain wouldn't be better served by telling the royal family to take a hike and making the Corgis the new royal family

All I can think about now is a Corgi in Nazi cosplay

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

they own a bunch of poo poo that's better off as functional government property as you would know if you read every post ever

but aside from that i guess i got nuthin

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

they own a bunch of poo poo that's better off as functional government property as you would know if you read every post ever

the corgis would inherit that property, and it would still serve it's current use

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

im glad this guy is discrediting liberalism with the same intensity and vigor that trump is discrediting conservatism

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homeless Friend posted:

emperor norton would have won

Norton "dissolved Congress" and called for bridges and tunnels to be built. He'd win every state except South Carolina.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
man i imagined macron would continue the downward spiral and inspire a populist to sweep next election, but not at the rate hes going right now

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jamespoulos/status/880838200075448321

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxaNpgCAGhc

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

Ok so what if the UK government confiscated it and kept it as functional government property while marching the royals to the guillotines?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmbyWGCwX90

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

one weird trick to be woke and sexist at the same time

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the fire in the background is another tower's cladding going up

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

this is what having no genuine ideological convictions looks like

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
CENTRISM !

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

babypolis posted:

that wasnt even close to a probation worthy post squizzle

i just picked their most recent posts instead of finding the worst ones from the previous couple of pages

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

la terreur didn't do enough

yeah its not as big a factor in how wine tastes as some would have you believe

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the democrats ain't gonna change
everyone join the DSA

look im only gonna join the dsa when they start kidnapping and executing democratic superdelegates

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Joementum posted:

tap technology has improved and lines now snake tree-to-tree through plastic piping allowing for more trees to be tapped with less effort collecting but the fact remains that if the temperature shifts upward and northern New England has the climate of the Atlantic seaboard states there ain't much gonna be coming out of the trees in march.

I hope I'm wrong.

i'll be the first to send you a consolatory bottle of aunt jemima's after the brutal maple harrowing of 2022

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
joy reid is talking about pepe on msnbc this morning

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Squizzle posted:

i just picked their most recent posts instead of finding the worst ones from the previous couple of pages

that makes sense. still FREE JEB!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Concerned Citizen posted:

The hacker known as...

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/881526540420468738

matty continues on his journey of becoming a good dem

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Publicly execute Wolf Blitzer imo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Venuz Patrol posted:

im glad this guy is discrediting liberalism with the same intensity and vigor that trump is discrediting conservatism

Isn't the French Revolution a good example of how people flip out when their standard of living is kept at such a abyssal level for so long?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

i've become convinced the msm is focusing solely on trump and his tweets as a red herring because they dgaf about all the poo poo repubs are doing to the epa and education but they have to distract the main populace

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/superdeluxe/status/881549980749537280

Anything Trump does is a win. Anyone who says otherwise is a libtarded loser.

didn't mean to post this here so here's some Zuck

fits my needs has issued a correction as of 18:18 on Jul 2, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

got any sevens posted:

i've become convinced the msm is focusing solely on trump and his tweets as a red herring because they dgaf about all the poo poo repubs are doing to the epa and education but they have to distract the main populace

Also the bad dem campaigns are basically just a way to enrich their network of political consultants.

No suprise the Bernie was able raise so much money by not resorting to scare tactic email spam.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Karl Barks posted:

just found out guys, this is hillary's latest polling numbers in these states

haha she's seriously considering running in 2020

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

got any sevens posted:

republicans, democrats, and the media will do the bidding of those who fund them. if the donor class wants to gently caress with the EPA and gut public education and teachers' unions, that is what they will support.

ideologically both republicans and democratic leadership are cool with gutting public education and the teachers' unions. democrats push charter schools hard and support cutting down teachers unions (e.g. rahm ehmanual in chicago, national dems and obama ignoring the mass protests for teachers' and public unions in wisconsin).

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

They took a % of all the money they raised. I don't know why campaigns keep agreeing to these terms.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anime was right posted:

if you look to most storytelling, people tend to be attracted to decisive, active characters. i think its just a human thing to want to see people make choices whether it be for u or not

and it's not necessarily an abandonment of their own agency, in that they would rather let somebody else make the decision for them instead of making it for themselves. sometimes the fantasy is of being able to make an immediate decision without having to clear it with/wait on feedback from everyone else.

edit: sometimes people want to be the one that everybody changes their plans around, as opposed to the one changing their plans because somebody else decided something.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 18:34 on Jul 2, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

got any sevens posted:

who owns CNN?

Turner Broadcasting, which is a division of

Time Warner, which could soon be acquired by

AT&T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Concerned Citizen posted:

just a reminder that the clinton campaign paid consultants a bunch of money to sit around and come up with attacking trump using the deplorables line and pepe the cartoon meme frog. i wonder why she lost with a 2:1 spend advantage.

• Locked thread