Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hrm...two 40k books, or a Groom Mate Platinum XL for 24.97

Which 40k books though? 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Which 40k books though? 🤔

Magnus the Red and Corax Nevermore. Sold off my entire book collection at the local Bookmans exchange after i got my Kindle, but I figured a pair of proper physical books would be a good send off if I don't get a job within the month and go back home.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

The mating habits of the earthbound human.

Second.

That movie was funnier than it had any right to be solely because of David Hyde Pierce.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Magnus the Red and Corax Nevermore. Sold off my entire book collection at the local Bookmans exchange after i got my Kindle, but I figured a pair of proper physical books would be a good send off if I don't get a job within the month and go back home.

Sounds like a depressing situation, I've moved across the Atlantic once and it was a complicated and expensive clusterfuck that I don't care to repeat ever.

Does Dan Abnett write for Black Library still? The only 40k author I bother with anymore is Aaron Dembski-Bowden. The First Heretic and The Talon of Horus were pretty boss.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Second.

That movie was funnier than it had any right to be solely because of David Hyde Pierce.

It's really good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pussy pussy whipped whipped

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Does Dan Abnett write for Black Library still? The only 40k author I bother with anymore is Aaron Dembski-Bowden. The First Heretic and The Talon of Horus were pretty boss.

Abnett hasn't written much for Black Library lately. ADB still does and he's still A+ in my book.

The only other solid 40k (well 30k in this case) novel outside of those two that I've read in the last couple years was Praetorian of Dorn by John French. Straight solid.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Sounds like a depressing situation, I've moved across the Atlantic once and it was a complicated and expensive clusterfuck that I don't care to repeat ever.

I don't have a ton of poo poo, really. Most of what I have is stuff I accumulated over the last two years. If I don't land a job, im pretty much firesaleing (is that even a word?) everything that doesn't fit into two suitcases.

Dan Abnett-wise, what The Rat said. I'm halfway through the Gaunt's Ghosts series, but currently plowing through Titanicus as an intermission. Both fairly entertaining.

I've got Talon of Horus on my to-read list, but I'm reading a book and a half per week, so Magnus and Corax on top of that should fill up the remainder of my time nicely.

Then again, a nose hair trimmer is pretty dad...

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

40k chat this is up to 6 parts now and continues to own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The whole series owns so much. The single thing I can even come up with to bitch about is the voice of that one dude, but goddamn, so well-done.

iirc, either ADB or Abnett themselves were pushing that project on their channels

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Netflix's GLOW has Alison Brie tits 5:30 into the first episode.

You're welcome.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

You're welcome.

Schwing!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's pretty good for as goofy as Brie is. Marc Maron plays a natural douchebag.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

You're welcome.

Nice

Is the show worth watching otherwise?

beanieson fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 2, 2017

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

I don't get what those signs are supposed to do other than be a boo hoo poor me humble brag. Are they expecting people on their street to not shoot off fireworks? How could someone who allegedly fought for our FREEDOMS want people to not celebrate that freedom by blowing poo poo up?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

RichieHimself posted:

I don't get what those signs are supposed to do other than be a boo hoo poor me humble brag. Are they expecting people on their street to not shoot off fireworks? How could someone who allegedly fought for our FREEDOMS want people to not celebrate that freedom by blowing poo poo up?

because they're pussies.

its all part of this dysfunctional veteran thing: woe is me. the government hosed me up for life, now i need to scam a disability rating, be needlessly aggressive at any perceived slight and never hold down a real job.

vains fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 2, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

fireworks freak me out a lil bit sometimes but i just dont go to firework shows

blowing poo poo up owns and thats a freedom i fought for

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GO loving NUTS WITH YOUR FIREWORKS IT WILL REMIND ME OF BEING IN BATTLE AND I REALLY MISS BEING IN BATTLE!!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

TBeats posted:

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GO loving NUTS WITH YOUR FIREWORKS IT WILL REMIND ME OF BEING IN BATTLE AND I REALLY MISS BEING IN BATTLE!!

:black101:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Nice

Is the show worth watching otherwise?

Seems pretty good. On episode 3 and it's holding up alright. Marc Maron is carrying the douchebag flag with pride and doing pretty well with the role.

Seems more like it's aimed at the Orange is the new black crowd. But the Alison Brie sex scene halfway through episode one was inspiring enough to keep me watching anyhow.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

blowing poo poo up owns and thats a freedom i fought for

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

TBeats posted:

Unironically same.

It's me, I'm the hosed up idiot who misses war. Specifically firefights.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Seems pretty good. On episode 3 and it's holding up alright. Marc Maron is carrying the douchebag flag with pride and doing pretty well with the role.

Seems more like it's aimed at the Orange is the new black crowd. But the Alison Brie sex scene halfway through episode one was inspiring enough to keep me watching anyhow.

I enjoyed the first couple of seasons of OitNB but stopped watching a while ago. I do enjoy some ole fashioned 80s nostalgia, I'll probably check it out.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Fireworks just get my hopes up for a few seconds that a race war has broken out and I'll be opening my door to piles of bodies in the streets.

Then I realize how high I am, what day it is, and that Frank is sitting on my feet shaking because he has no idea it's all in good fun.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fireworks just get my hopes up for a few seconds that a race war has broken out and I'll be opening my door to piles of bodies in the streets.

Then I realize how high I am, what day it is, and that Frank is sitting on my feet shaking because he has no idea it's all in good fun.

Before I judge you....

What side are you on?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

my neighbors think i'm crazy because we heard gunshots a couple months ago and i walked outside to investigate instead of locking my doors and drawing the blinds.

apparently wanting to know exactly where the gunshots came from makes people crazy, when i think it's just reasonable and more safe.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I do that too. Most of my neighbors don't care though because this place is a goddamn dive. As long as the tweakers and junkies are generally nice and reclusive, I don't care either.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Fuuuuuck that's what I've been missing from Columbus Georgia. The random gunshot(s) every other day.

Just got so used to it I thought I was missing something.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

People just really like lightning fireworks at 1:30 AM on weeknights here

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYy77IGsBFc

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

She's Italian

Yeah don't bring her

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LingcodKilla posted:

Before I judge you....

What side are you on?

I'm on the side with the blacks. They're going to have the Vietnamese on their side.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
One of those guys is on that Wrecked show on TBS.

I miss wkuk.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Pesticide20 posted:

I'm on the side with the blacks. They're going to have the Vietnamese on their side.

Im on the side of people with good food and I can loving tell you it aint going to be a bunch of suburban white people

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4REO0pucYY8

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
gently caress it. I'm selling out to whichever side is winning at the time.

It's me. I'm the cowardly race traitor.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
unless the battlefield for the race war is 'the motorpool' and the war fought by 'air tighting white chicks' then i think whites will probably win.

TBeats posted:

attribute your memes properly, bitch

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The Rat posted:

40k chat this is up to 6 parts now and continues to own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg

Best animated rendition of 40k by a wide margin. I hope that guy keeps cranking them out.

On a few occasions in previous episodes you see AA turrets in the hive city briefly, couldn't help but notice that they look a lot like Gepard flak turrets :keke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I've been cat fished before. Been talking to this very photogenic chick a while now. We finally hung out. Saw heaps of pics and she still somehow hid like 75 lbs. fool me twice shame on me

• Locked thread