Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also, as a quick aside w/r/t tanking from earlier, don't forget bards get two defensive cooldowns and a third optional, and that melee dps can optionally take a defensive as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Eopia posted:

What's a manthra?

I think they mean a male catgirl? Must be an XI refugee.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I think they mean a male catgirl? Must be an XI refugee.

Yeah the male mithras. The catgirls. I don't remember what goofy name they gave them in FF14 but I played an ugly rear end elvaan for way too long in ff11 so all the terms are still engraved in my brain.

don't judge me :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Taru Taru are better than Lala but Roe and Miqo are better than Galka and Mithra.

I don't believe Mithra are actually any different to Miqo'te though.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't believe Mithra are actually any different to Miqo'te though.

If I remember, miqo noses are less furry.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Mango Polo posted:

If I remember, miqo noses are less furry.

my waifus :negative:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My glam rule is no more than one item from an item set. It's kept me going through GW2, WoW and now FF14. Whilst I love the Ala Mhigo striking set and MNK AF3, rules are rules. :colbert:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Ah, Palace of the Dead... some say it drives men crazy. Others say it drives men to drink. Still, others say even stranger things...

I voted not to dismiss him to see if the meltdown could progress further but I guess it only takes two votes.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

also, would Thinking Emoji be a valid Roegadyn name, I saw one earlier but they were a midlander unfortunately.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Minrad posted:

also, would Thinking Emoji be a valid Roegadyn name, I saw one earlier but they were a midlander unfortunately.

Thynkyng E'mojy

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Minrad posted:

:thunk:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I, like probably most people playing the game, am running the YoRHa look on my level 53 so few options SAM

also chocobo says hello and also it's always night when i'm actually not in a dungeon so lighting is impossible.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Ramadu posted:

dang all the ladies look cool are there any cool lookin dudes tho

Why, yes!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The snowman helmet has a visor option?!

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Azubah posted:

The snowman helmet has a visor option?!

Yup! It's really great. So do the pumpkin heads.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Guys, if it's dark and you want to show off your glamour you can use the Character menu picture, or go inside. Gold Saucer ain't got no lighting issues.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

Do it as a SCH for the most ultimate results imo

Henry, the pen.

The pen is mightier than the sword!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Guys, if it's dark and you want to show off your glamour you can use the Character menu picture, or go inside. Gold Saucer ain't got no lighting issues.

That's an extra 1 (one!!!) button press or a loading zone!!!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I dyed the Ala Mhigan striking set and I like it enough that I'm not going to glamour over it!

The Ala Mhigan striking set is a Really Good monk look and even comes with a free ponytail, should it match up nicely with your haircut. I'm even considering spending some of this pile of verity tomestones on the weapon purely for the matching glam since the Susan punchers clash a bit with mine.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
But... /gpose has lights in it.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

motoh posted:

But... /gpose has lights in it.

We're dealing with people who don't understand "it's dark outside at night," you think they can operate gpose??

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hell I use the lights even during day to soften shadows and stuff. You can also use colored lights to enhance special effects:

Ramadu posted:

dang all the ladies look cool are there any cool lookin dudes tho

Evolution of a Red Mage:

Might go back to something similar to that last one when I get tired of the AF Duelist set.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Emperors New Fists is the only viable Monk weapon glamour.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Reiterpallasch posted:

back to lowercase letters: you know, the one point of commonality among all the failed pf groups you've been in is...

bad pubbies

Thundarr posted:

L2 + R2 + R3 isn't bad at all but is is more complicated than just clicking.

Samurai is a melee dps and a relatively simple one for the number of buttons you need to worry about, so it is probably one of the best fits for a controller.

Just use thumb pad mouse to click

That said the buttons aren't at all bad, esp if you're already used to l2+r2 from the backup crossbar

Shy posted:

Those Mateus lunatics made a church :aaa:

That's actually impressive.

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

Does anyone on Excalibur want to do Susano Ex some time today or tomorrow? I haven't had very successful experiences with trying to clear in Party Finder so far. In game name is Ross Perot

It wouldn't be as frustrating if it was just someone misaligning the stormclouds occasionally, but instead it's things like repeatedly dying to churn, or failing the DPS check on the sword.

Look up Wreck-it raiding on catgirl bargains

FrostyJones posted:

Post your ladies, laddies.

That might be my favourite femroe glam

Not enough to make me consider trading in old man elf, but pretty good.

Throne of Bhalz
Dec 11, 2003

Starting to think I'm going crazy. I'm new to mining, and I've been trying to gather unspoiled nodes using this site: http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/Gathering. However, when an alarm goes off, I go to the site where the node is supposed to be, and... nothing. Other times, I'll see an unspoiled node at the wrong time. Am I using bad info, or am I just an idiot? Or both?

vvv Bless you.

Throne of Bhalz fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 2, 2017

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Throne of Bhalz posted:

Starting to think I'm going crazy. I'm new to mining, and I've been trying to gather unspoiled nodes using this site: http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/Gathering. However, when an alarm goes off, I go to the site where the node is supposed to be, and... nothing. Other times, I'll see an unspoiled node at the wrong time. Am I using bad info, or am I just an idiot? Or both?

Use this one:

http://www.ffxiv-gathering.com/40.php

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I got the High Allagan Claws from t9(?) and like those as a glamour, they fold out with a sound effect and have a cool red glow.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Makai monk fists are great too.

So people who hit 70 on crafters, think its possible to make HQ level 70 crafting/gathering gear while still wearing melded ironworks or should I try to craft up a set of 68/65 before going to 70?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Zodiac tea kettles.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Glamours!?

The Royal Hunting Grounds are a neat place and I'm sad more stuff didn't take place there.

Also you people talking about monk weapons? Talk to the claw.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Not enough to make me consider trading in old man elf, but pretty good.

Pretty sure that's a highlady.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 2, 2017

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I took a handful of fancy shots just before SB hit.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Kalenn Istarion posted:

But it's a highlander?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Shy posted:

But it's a highlander?

yeah, Roes don't even get that hairstyle pretty sure

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hellfire claws are also a good monk glamour.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Throne of Bhalz posted:

vvv Bless you.

Make sure that the Truth of Mountains/Forests ability is on. Why those abilities don't auto-activate is beyond me, they cost literally nothing to use but a click.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Minrad posted:

Ah, Palace of the Dead... some say it drives men crazy. Others say it drives men to drink. Still, others say even stranger things...

I voted not to dismiss him to see if the meltdown could progress further but I guess it only takes two votes.

That guy seemed completely reasonable and the other two were being dicks

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

The guy should've just asked to skip, if not then just suck it up and run the instance or quit and eat the rightful penalty, the others are rude though, full group of idiots imo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

There aren't many pants with a good waistline that doesn't look shite, because top armour is meant to cover it but I wanna say the Pharos Hard recolour caster legs maybe? I think those are Hullbreaker Isle Hard/Sohr Khai tier dungeon drops.

The version in Pharos are for melee I think, but the caster ones are Hullbreaker

This isn't a full glamour set or anything, but this is a combination I stumbled on while leveling my scholar:

It's the Shire Preceptor Hose. There's something off about the colors and whatnot, but I'm sure an intrepid fashionista could figure that out.

Also the lighting in the Gold Saucer is terrible?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 2, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

That guy seemed completely reasonable and the other two were being dicks

he was being nice in chat but the context was him standing in hallways and entering his cpose idle stance any time an extra mob was pulled by accident or otherwise.

in like a hundred potd runs I've not had a group where they're actively clearing/looting rooms to the extreme deteriment of the run, and the slowest runs are usually ones where some guy needs to stop clearing the potd to stop and let everyone know how much faster it would go if they were as fast as them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Clarste posted:

This is a full glamour set or anything, but this is a combination I stumbled on while leveling my scholar:

It's the Shire Preceptor Hose. There's something off about the colors and whatnot, but I'm sure an intrepid fashionista could figure that out.

Also the lighting in the Gold Saucer is terrible?

I have a feeling high allagan healing pants would give you a nice spunky 70s look, between the bell bottoms and the bell ends on the arms.

e: it's true, they go well with anything. best pants

Minera fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 2, 2017