Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Daredevil 595: Mayor Fisk.

gently caress yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I wonder who the creative team on the Moon Knight renumbering will be, the Lemire/Smallwood run which ended recently was really strong and I was sad that it didn't continue like Old Man Logan has. I do however have a slight fear that Nick Spencer will be the writer, I have nothing to base that fear on but he's clearly going somewhere once Secret Empire ends.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Starsnostars posted:

I wonder who the creative team on the Moon Knight renumbering will be, the Lemire/Smallwood run which ended recently was really strong and I was sad that it didn't continue like Old Man Logan has. I do however have a slight fear that Nick Spencer will be the writer, I have nothing to base that fear on but he's clearly going somewhere once Secret Empire ends.

I don't hate everything Nick Spencer has written, putting in some weird corner writing Moon Knight might be for the best. Though it's loving insane to me that they gave him something this big after the poo poo-show his Ultimate X-Men was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I also don't hate what Spencer has written.

I just hate him as a person.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Starsnostars posted:

I hope he's going to the landfill.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Diet Poison posted:

I haven't read any of this story other than the Doctor Strange tie-ins but it's pretty drat objectionable that supposedly Thor and Deadpool are on Hydra-cap's side, somehow?
Like what the hell. I honestly have no objection to the storyline as I know it: "Captain America is a Nazi because of magic trickery; let's see how our other heroes get him out of this situation". And personally I don't give a poo poo, because it's Spencer, it sucks, and as far as I'm concerned if I haven't read it, I don't have to accept it as continuity.
BUT, like at this point Cap is openly a fascist, right? How the hell would you even begin to be stupid enough to side with him. Like Deadpool, is he saying "well I did recently see the horrors of a fascist state with mass graves and everything, but if the guy I was with over there says it's not bad when he does it then golly gee he's probably right because he's a good guy"? And Thor, he's saying "This is for sidelining me, Aaron you dick, now you'll have to try and write around this when your story's supposed to be about me again".

I have absolutely no idea how this could be explained away for Thor in any fashion. Deadpool stuff can be brushed said with the fact he's always as stupid/oblivious as the plot/joke needs and can waffle around on his 4th wall awareness, And all the other guys are just under mind-control. Thor is apparently in perfect control of his faculties and just decides to be a Nazi. Literally no 616 Thor characterization would have him help the Hydra/Nazi's without being tricked somehow.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They're not going to brush this off with Deadpool. It's an important part of his book and looks like it's going to change his status quo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There was this one comic where a bunch of WW2 Nazis summon Thor and after figuring out what kind of people they are he just spends the rest of the comic murdering all of them.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lurdiak posted:

There was this one comic where a bunch of WW2 Nazis summon Thor and after figuring out what kind of people they are he just spends the rest of the comic murdering all of them.
I could see Otto Skorzeny or someone stringing Thor along for a little while.

But not forever.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You can say Thor is at times arrogant, dumb, and prideful. You can't say he would ever condone mass murder of innocent people or the hunting down of friends and teammates. Or cutting off aid to others who are in space right now.

It's bad writing.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Um excuse me I think you'll find that Nick Spencer is simply taking certain liberties to tell this story that is totally justified by the fact that nothing really matters anyway cuz someone will write something else someday anyway so stop complaining nerds

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lurdiak posted:

What comic was this?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I guess I just appreciated the latest secret empire because it was kind enough to end with a little somethin for the lady fascists.:wink::hf::godwin:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Nilbop posted:

I swear to God I make that mistake every time. I think I might have brain damage.

well, yeah, you dislike Infinity, think it was Fraction who wrote it, and claim the writer didn't want to write that story or Thanos when they would end up doing both for the next 3 years

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Shinjobi posted:

I guess I just appreciated the latest secret empire because it was kind enough to end with a little somethin for the lady fascists.:wink::hf::godwin:

Can't believe Clint dropped trou to show off his "I love Hitler" tattoo

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Usually, I don't have any actual problems with Secret Empire. But making a character I actually really like (Mockingbird) a secret Hydra double agent is just wrong. Odinson may be a complete idiot who might be easily coerced, but she is a kickass scientist with a strong moral code. What exactly has America to offer? Does she want to be the next Mengele? Or does she secretly hate her ex-husband that much?

This is kinda sad, since she was really great in last week's Secret Empire Underground #1. Her open contempt for Sauron, while being a total geek was delightful.
Also, what exactly is the idea behind that series? Is it just their adventure in trying to track down those McGuffins, while the main stuff already established that they'll only fail from now on? Will Bobbi keep acting suspicious and barely lose all shards from now on?
Establishing a sub-plot about a secret double agent in a condensed time frame compared to another part of the story, where they are revealed directly afterwards, makes no sense at all.

Remember how great Bobbi's standalone was? And how she broke down in tears of happiness, when Wasp admired her for her scientific talent, rather than her ex-husband?

I guess her feminist agenda was subdued by a fascist strongman. :smith:

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 2, 2017

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

X-O posted:

Out of all that the thing I first took to was the fact that Black Bolt is at least getting a second arc. Here's an image that includes all the storyline names.

Until the book is cancelled I'd imagine.

"CABLE: The Newer Mutants" :allears:

I really like all the X stuff lately.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Cabbit posted:

"CABLE: The Newer Mutants" :allears:

I really like all the X stuff lately.

I will only read it if it can guarantee this is the Newest Mutants that there will ever be.

I want to open up the book, and the first story line is titled, "Cable Recruits and Army of Literal Babies".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Usually, I don't have any actual problems with Secret Empire. But making a character I actually really like (Mockingbird) a secret Hydra double agent is just wrong. Odinson may be a complete idiot who might be easily coerced, but she is a kickass scientist with a strong moral code. What exactly has America to offer? Does she want to be the next Mengele? Or does she secretly hate her ex-husband that much?

She's probably brainwashed by Faustus. It's not a good answer but it's an obvious one.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I will only read it if it can guarantee this is the Newest Mutants that there will ever be.

I want to open up the book, and the first story line is titled, "Cable Recruits and Army of Literal Babies".

Cable busts out the Hope carrier chestpiece in order to take Shogo shopping or something, I don't even care I want a Cable/Shogo buddy series with Jubilee.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Um excuse me I think you'll find that Nick Spencer is simply taking certain liberties to tell this story that is totally justified by the fact that nothing really matters anyway cuz someone will write something else someday anyway so stop complaining nerds
It's funny how this argument never gets pointed towards, say, Spider-Man being black in Ultimates, or whoever's saying mildly critical things this weeks, etc.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Nessus posted:

It's funny how this argument never gets pointed towards, say, Spider-Man being black in Ultimates, or whoever's saying mildly critical things this weeks, etc.

It does -- by the idiots who won't give Totally Awesome Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and other books a shot because "LIBERAL PC MARVEL AINT MY MARVEL". It's just now there's idiots on the other side making similarly weak arguments that Hydra Cap singlehandedly emboldened the alt-right and won Trump the presidency - because Nazis. Everyone gets to be offended by everything - welcome to 2017.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat this dude really loves nazis.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

She's probably brainwashed by Faustus. It's not a good answer but it's an obvious one.

So she's just a pushover who looses all sense of self once some men come along and give her orders. Fine.

Hypnosis is always a bit badly defined. It's clearly been implied that there are different strengths and that you can actually guard against it. For example, Da Costa and his team did that. Like he actually managed to make all of his AIM immune with "some tricks Xavier taught him." Why doesn't shield have that training? Faustus is a bad villain with an arbitrary defined skill set.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Donde Esta posted:

It does -- by the idiots who won't give Totally Awesome Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and other books a shot because "LIBERAL PC MARVEL AINT MY MARVEL". It's just now there's idiots on the other side making similarly weak arguments that Hydra Cap singlehandedly emboldened the alt-right and won Trump the presidency - because Nazis. Everyone gets to be offended by everything - welcome to 2017.
Would you say that both sides are bad, and perhaps the truth is in the middle? Where we have learned something today?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nessus posted:

Would you say that both sides are bad, and perhaps the truth is in the middle? Where we have learned something today?

yes libs and conservatives are equally obnoxious

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Nessus posted:

As much as I love arguing with both sides, only one of those groups actually disgusts me.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Donde Esta posted:

As much as I love arguing with both sides, only one of those groups actually disgusts me.

I bet the answer to which group that is won't surprise us!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

If not for the reg-date I'd think it was American Dracula.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Rhyno posted:

If not for the reg-date I'd think it was American Dracula.

Funny you don't recognize me for myself - I DEFINITELY know who you are.

Aphrodite posted:

Clearly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Donde Esta posted:

Funny you don't recognize me for myself - I DEFINITELY know who you are.

Uh, okay? Should that matter?

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Uh, okay? Should that matter?

Classic Rhyno response.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

fadam posted:

yes libs and conservatives are equally obnoxious

Nah

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Donde Esta posted:

Classic Rhyno response.

No really, should it? I barely remember who Lurdiak is and I actually like him.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Rhyno posted:

When the self-deprecating "Rhyno is old" jokes got depressing

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Autism Sneaks posted:

When the self-deprecating "Rhyno is old" jokes got depressing

What the hell are you doing on my lawn?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Not to worry I'm sure next issue somone will ask Mockingbird about her Facist agenda.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Onmi posted:

Not to worry I'm sure next issue somone will ask Mockingbird about her Facist agenda.

The only way they could turn that around is if she doesn't give any fucks and actually wears that shirt.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Jesus man don't admit that in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dexie posted:

What comic was this?

I can't find it but I swear it's real.

Aphrodite posted:

Jesus man don't admit that in public.

:(

• Locked thread