Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Horn posted:

The ui is playable but a bit cramped on a pixel XL. Completely playable though and I'm having a blast with it.

Plus, and this is important, the game pauses when you're in any sort of menu screen, unlike the desktop version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Can anyone recommend a slick mahjong app? Ideally something with a clean interface and not a lot of bells and whistles. Doesn't have to be free.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
If you're talking about actual Mahjong and not Mahjong solitaire I would also love to know

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I haven't been following android gaming for a while. Did I miss anything really polished, or a good gacha like Summoners War?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Geektox posted:

If you're talking about actual Mahjong and not Mahjong solitaire I would also love to know

I'm not even sure what mahjongg solitaire is, I just mean the game with the cool tiles that you gotta take off the board in pairs

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Montalvo posted:

I'm not even sure what mahjongg solitaire is, I just mean the game with the cool tiles that you gotta take off the board in pairs

thats majiang solitaire

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

got some chores tonight posted:

thats majiang solitaire

Well I guess that's what I'm looking for! :doh:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Are there any other puzzle games that have the same matching mechanic as puzzle and dragons?

I don't want to play pnd, but I way prefer that free movement over locked match 3 ala puzzle quest

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

victrix posted:

Are there any other puzzle games that have the same matching mechanic as puzzle and dragons?

I don't want to play pnd, but I way prefer that free movement over locked match 3 ala puzzle quest

It isn't the same as pnd, but Shadow Wars has a different match mechanic where you clear clusters of matching gems, instead of match 3. Cool art style and theme too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got through the first chapter of Sorcery. It's surprisingly short! But then I missed a lot, saved a chieftain's daughter and got robbed twice. Had to rewind at the Manticore cave and the seemingly instant lose black flowers though. gently caress Tann.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Xcom for 2.99? Absolutely!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I got through the first chapter of Sorcery. It's surprisingly short! But then I missed a lot, saved a chieftain's daughter and got robbed twice. Had to rewind at the Manticore cave and the seemingly instant lose black flowers though. gently caress Tann.

Chapter 1 is really short. Chapter 2 is much longer and more involved.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Morter posted:

Never mind about FFT. Seems like it's too much hassle to get invested in if there aren't ways to (normally) back up your save, and it crashes a bunch, apparently.

Having submitted a review that mentioned the crashes, they haven't been bad since. I had a few the first hour or so that i played and it's been stable ever since. That being said, it's an older port, so don't expect cloud saves, but it does a good job of staying in memory due to having been built for older systems and I've resumed a game after an hour or so of moderate use. It's also screaming fast compared to the other versions of FFT, which is a feature I didn't know I needed but makes going back to the psp or ps1 versions kinda unpleasant. Just save all the time and you'll be okay.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Chapter 1 is really short. Chapter 2 is much longer and more involved.

Oh cool, I'll spring for it then.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Door Kickers is 0.99 for one more day.

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh cool, I'll spring for it then.

It's set in the city you reach at the end if chapter 1, and it's a large open world for the most part. Reminds me if the old City of Thieves fighting fantasy book.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

It isn't the same as pnd, but Shadow Wars has a different match mechanic where you clear clusters of matching gems, instead of match 3. Cool art style and theme too.

Thanks for the recommendation, cool game. Not exactly what I'm looking for, but it's neat and I dig the aesthetic.

I cannot seem to find another game that has stolen P&D's drag-and-match mechanic which baffles me, it's such a good mechanic.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

FistEnergy posted:

Xcom for 2.99? Absolutely!

Giving this a try. I busy discovered that the dev studio is where I frequently ride my bike! Small world.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Anyone playing that new Final Fantasy XV city builder?

Is there a goon guild?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is there a gem based puzzle combat game out there without a billion recharging things and evolutions and timers and all the bullshit. I know I know, mobile gaming. But I'd gladly buy a game for reasonable prices. The whale hunting annoyances suck.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

Is there a gem based puzzle combat game out there without a billion recharging things and evolutions and timers and all the bullshit. I know I know, mobile gaming. But I'd gladly buy a game for reasonable prices. The whale hunting annoyances suck.

Good old Puzzle Quest 2. Class based dungeon crawler where every fight, door to bash open, chest to loot, and trap to disarm is some version of match 3.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Bombadilillo posted:

Is there a game out there without a billion recharging things and evolutions and timers and all the bullshit. I know I know, mobile gaming. But I'd gladly buy a game for reasonable prices. The whale hunting annoyances suck.

make this the thread title imo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

m.hache posted:

Anyone playing that new Final Fantasy XV city builder?

Is there a goon guild?

I've thought about it. Is it a straight city builder or can only players loot my poo poo?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I assumed the new Final Fantasy city game was just another lovely Game of War clone.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Being Final Fantasy I just assumed it was bad period.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It is so utterly baffling to me that Game of War is the cash cow it is. It's just so loving bad on all levels. Like most of the big f2p games are fun, well presented games that lull you in and slowly make you feel like buying microtransactions is a good idea. Game if War is an ugly, messy thing with no fun to be had except the endless grinding to become better.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

War is heck

Rapner
May 7, 2013

glam rock hamhock posted:

It is so utterly baffling to me that Game of War is the cash cow it is. It's just so loving bad on all levels. Like most of the big f2p games are fun, well presented games that lull you in and slowly make you feel like buying microtransactions is a good idea. Game if War is an ugly, messy thing with no fun to be had except the endless grinding to become better.

An enormous advertising budget.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

People are dumb. Some people play bad f2p games. Some people embezzle money and spend a million dollar for their lovely f2p. It just the natural cycle of f2p. Let not be mad at the rich idiots that waste all their money. Lets be mad that we arent in positions of power to scam the rich.

Fake edit:https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/life-style/calif-man-drops-1m-embezzled-funds-game-war-article-1.2909602

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

There's a weird almost-but-not-really political aspect to it. My Dad plays it, and he really just talks about the player interaction. I'm just waiting for a game to come along that doesn't charge $20 up front.

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007

Good old Puzzle Quest 2. Class based dungeon crawler where every fight, door to bash open, chest to loot, and trap to disarm is some version of match 3.

I loved the poo poo out of PQ2 back in the the day, so I thought why not install it on my shiny new Galaxy S8. It plays just fine except there is no sound or music at all. A quick google search hasn't helped me, so do any goons out there know what's up?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Bombadilillo posted:

I'm surprised how well Gems of War does this but when I played it, I was a bit worried at how quickly enemies were outranking me. My worries were quelled once I joined an active guild because you get tons of keys and gold and souls and gems rained on you and me, playing daily and casually, feel like I'm just barely keeping up. Still, I'm having lots of fun with it. No recharges and nothing forcing you to buy stuff (other than the need for leveling up your troops to keep up with the enemy).

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Zombie survival demake Mini DayZ is out on the Play Store.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Looks hot, thanks! All of a sudden I have too many new games to play and I had to trim the weeds. That hasn't happened in a long time.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

Zombie survival demake Mini DayZ is out on the Play Store.

This was fun for about 45 minutes. It is incredibly repetitive and gets boring fast.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
New Kairosoft: Grand Prix Story 2. Unlike the first game this one is F2P however.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 5, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Torchlight: The Legend Continues has softlaunched.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

mrkillboy posted:

New Kairosoft: Grand Prix Story 2. Unlike the first game this one is F2P however.

What a loving shame. The first was my favorite Kairo game.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

mrkillboy posted:

Guess I'll give this a shot since I loved the first one and some of their F2P games haven't been TOO bad... but I don't hold much hope.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh god, Runic Games whored out the license to Torchlight.
:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

The marketing pictures with broken English aren't promising. The original seemed entirely local, makes me think it's just going to be some outsourced garbage that leased the IP.