Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Johnson is better on civil liberties. What kind of insane world do you have to live in to think supporting the drug war is good for civil liberties? That it doesn't cost lives? The choice to care more about healthcare is to care about different lives. 100,000+ died in the Mexican drug war in recent history. What about those lives?

Support ending the drug war. Support safety nets. Don't invade other countries for no reason. Get my vote. This isn't crazy or radical thinking.

He doesnt care more about healthcare though you ignorant gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I swear to God we're two steps away from qalnor telling us to Google Ron Paul

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

He doesnt care more about healthcare though you ignorant gently caress

I know that. But two out of three was better than Hillary. Three out of three from Bernie would have been my preference though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I know that. But two out of three was better than Hillary. Three out of three from Bernie would have been my preference though.

Again, literally prioritizing weed over people not dying for being poor is nobody's fault but your own

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

FuriousxGeorge posted:

You didn't actually. That's why you used it as an example. The reason you are pretending otherwise now is, once again, your a literal man child.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Again, literally prioritizing weed over people not dying for being poor is nobody's fault but your own

quote:

Last week, the Mexican government released new data showing that between 2007 and 2014 — a period that accounts for some of the bloodiest years of the nation’s war against the drug cartels — more than 164,000 people were victims of homicide. Nearly 20,000 died last year alone, a substantial number, but still a decrease from the 27,000 killed at the peak of fighting in 2011.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/the-staggering-death-toll-of-mexicos-drug-war/

Not on your priorities list, apparently.

drilldo squirt posted:

You didn't actually. That's why you used it as an example. The reason you are pretending otherwise now is, once again, your a literal man child.

Could you try and post coherently?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

He's either that new breed of troll that forgets to be funny is just a genuinely awful person. It's hard to tell ever since Trump made it ok to be a racist rear end in a top hat again.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Good article about another country, I guess. Doesn't mean you didn't prioritize smoking weed over having a safety net.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

drilldo squirt posted:

He's either that new breed of troll that forgets to be funny is just a genuinely awful person. It's hard to tell ever since Trump made it ok to be a racist rear end in a top hat again.

Nah it's a throwback to like 2007 libertarian DnD, it's pretty wild.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Good article about another country, I guess. Doesn't mean you didn't prioritize smoking weed over having a safety net.

You selfishly prioritizing lowering your healthcare bill over the lives of hundreds of thousands of people is pretty drat selfish, bro.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Voting for weed over other peoples lives is ok because Hillary is bad. -someone with a deep understanding of politics.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FuriousxGeorge posted:

You selfishly prioritizing lowering your healthcare bill over the lives of hundreds of thousands of people is pretty drat selfish, bro.

Actually I'd like to have healthcare at all, and I would like millions of other people to have it too, this feels not selfish

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Actually I'd like to have healthcare at all, and I would like millions of other people to have it too, this feels not selfish

I would like to not be in jail for no reason, and I would like millions of other people to not be in jail for no reason. I would also like hundreds of thousands of people not to die in a poor country because of a prohibition in a rich country next door. This also feels not selfish. That is because safety nets and not being murdered and not being in jail for no reason are not unreasonable or selfish things to request. They are human rights.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 2, 2017

Razputeen
Dec 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

drilldo squirt posted:

Voting for weed over other peoples lives is ok because Hillary is bad. -someone with a deep understanding of politics.

marijuana criminalization does affect other peoples' lives.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Sure millions of peole might die when they lose their healthcare but Hillary might make it difficult to smoke weed. -an actual human being.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I would like to not be in jail for no reason, and I would like millions of other people to not be in jail for no reason. I would also like hundreds of thousands of people not to die in a poor country because of a prohibition in a rich country next door. This also feels not selfish. That is because both safety nets and not being in jail for no reason are not unreasonable or selfish things to request. They are human rights.

If you didn't know the person you voted for would do the opposite of those things you claim you want it's because you kept yourself from admitting it. Also you chose weed for you over a saftynet for everyone, just to point that out.

Razputeen
Dec 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

drilldo squirt posted:

Sure millions of peole might die when they lose their healthcare but Hillary might make it difficult to smoke weed. -an actual human being.

hillary, due to her opposition to universal health care, would also cause millions of people to die from lack of healthcare, merely over a somewhat longer timeline

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

quote:

Pendleton was arrested on March 8 for a simple marijuana possession charge and was placed the next day in Manchester’s Valley Street Jail. It’s a facility notorious for having paid out nearly $1 million in court settlements between 2008 and 2013 for its poor treatment of inmates. Pendleton ended up there because he was unable to pay $100 for bail. Five days later, he was found dead in his cell. Local coroners have ruled out physical trauma as a cause of death. Pendleton’s family says that medical examiners in Arkansas, where he lived before coming to New Hampshire, have found possible evidence of physical harm.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2016/03/the-death-of-jeffrey-pendleton/475461/

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I would like to not be in jail for no reason, and I would like millions of other people to not be in jail for no reason. This also feels not selfish.

I like that your numbers change and you don't address your lovely strawman, you're clearly a smart person and not just an idiot who likes weed

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Furious chose the candidate who supported discrimination and racism because he wants to smoke legal weed.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I would like to not be in jail for no reason, and I would like millions of other people to not be in jail for no reason. I would also like hundreds of thousands of people not to die in a poor country because of a prohibition in a rich country next door. This also feels not selfish. That is because safety nets and not being murdered and not being in jail for no reason are not unreasonable or selfish things to request. They are human rights.

Safety nets aren't unreasonable to request says the guy who voted for Gary Johnson

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

quote:

In 2012, a 22-year-old in county jail for misdemeanor marijuana possession died of a food allergy. New video obtained by KIRO 7 shows that Michael Saffioti questioned guards and fellow inmates extensively about what was in the oatmeal being served that morning, due to his extreme dairy allergy. His lawyer says he was assured the oatmeal would be safe for him. He then proceeded to take a few bites, and began using an inhaler a few minutes later. KIRO 7 explains:

https://thinkprogress.org/how-a-washington-state-man-died-while-in-jail-for-marijuana-possession-f01b07129677

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
That guy getting killed by cops does not make it ok to choose weed over peoples lives you hosed up pothead.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I like that you trot these out like it's going to make everyone go by jove hes right weed is more important than access to loving healthcare

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

quote:

During his two decades behind bars, Jeff Mizanskey has seen murderers, rapists and robbers come and go. Now, it’s his turn to leave state custody.

Mizanskey, sentenced in the 1990s to life without parole for nonviolent marijuana crimes, was informed Monday by the Missouri Board of Probation and Parole he’s being set free.

Mizanskey’s original sentence, a result of Missouri’s three-strikes law, was commuted in May by Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon to life with the possibility of parole.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/08/11/man-doomed-to-prison-death-for-pot-being-released

Send him back to jail! How selfish of him to want to be released!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

drilldo squirt posted:

That guy getting killed by cops does not make it ok to choose weed over peoples lives you hosed up pothead.

It's almost like police violence exists independent of weed and it's legality and in fact should be a higher pirority than weed because of that

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I like that you trot these out like it's going to make everyone go by jove hes right weed is more important than access to loving healthcare

They are both important. The centrist dem position is that only one of them is important. Why are you arguing with me instead of with them?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Go back to talking about how I just want to pay less for healthcare instead of wanting access to healthcare at all and how that's selfish

Explain that to me

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FuriousxGeorge posted:

They are both important. The centrist dem position is that only one of them is important. Why are you arguing with me instead of with them?

Because you're the one who prioritized loving weed

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Go back to talking about how I just want to pay less for healthcare instead of wanting access to healthcare at all and how that's selfish

Explain that to me

Allow me to explain: I was mocking you.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
It's cool that people like furious would rather lie to themselves than face who they are because they live lives of selfish excess.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You're not gonna get me to vote for people not starving by holding the safety net hostage, but I can hold the safety net hostage to get legal weed you FASCISTS screams furious George as he shits his Superman underoos

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Because you're the one who prioritized loving weed

No, they deprioritized it before I was even born. Or that is, they aggressively prioritized keeping the prohibition in place.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Ben, i dont think be cares. He is a trash person and he's not going to change.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Allow me to explain: I was mocking you.

You did an amazing job making me look bad and not you

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FuriousxGeorge posted:

No, they deprioritized it before I was even born. Or that is, they aggressively prioritized keeping the prohibition in place.

And then you prioritized it this year, you are not blameless here for your choices

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You did an amazing job making me look bad and not you

Now could you explain why you feel the lives of a hundred thousand dead Mexicans are totally meaningless to you?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

drilldo squirt posted:

It's cool that people like furious would rather lie to themselves than face who they are because they live lives of selfish excess.

My dude is clearly on his parents insurance forever because he's so stupid it counts as a disability

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Now could you explain why you feel the lives of a hundred thousand dead Mexicans are totally meaningless to you?

I don't and I never said that, I just think millions of people having access to healthcare is a higher priority than not getting in trouble for dank nugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Furious would rather smoke weed than have poor people get health insurance.

• Locked thread