Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Space Crabs posted:

Star Citizen has a bunny man

Maybe what it needs now

is a dark knight

*clenches fists*

This guy on the other hand did his cosplay in evil. I believe he tried to pass himself off as somebody going to help lay the smack down on anti SC people, so gently caress him. This guy is even worse than bunny man because he's evil and delusional and did this out of spite rather than whimsical excitement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mr.Tophat posted:

what the gently caress I thought that was a cardboard cutout of Sandi hahaha

:lol:

I said the same exact thing when this first appeared. Raskolnikov Photoshopped the cardboard cutout in and it actually looked better.

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

Hi All,

I am Looking at getting into Star Citizen. For most games there is a post describing the game with link to guides, Groups and so on but I cant find one for SC.

Are there any goon groups? if so how do I apply?

Cheers

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

This guy on the other hand did his cosplay in evil. I believe he tried to pass himself off as somebody going to help lay the smack down on anti SC people, so gently caress him. This guy is even worse than bunny man because he's evil and delusional and did this out of spite rather than whimsical excitement.

Wouldn't worry about that type of person, from my younger days as a doorman they usually put on a big tough scary guy show right before taking a third party assisted nap for being a gobshite/show off/dumbass :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

I had a hospital thing on Fri and now know what they are going to do to me, it is not good :v:

I hope you come out better, friend. :glomp:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Daandrah posted:

Hi All,

I am Looking at getting into Star Citizen. For most games there is a post describing the game with link to guides, Groups and so on but I cant find one for SC.

Cheers

Hello friend. Just read the OP for these two threads:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773270

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772600

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Daandrah posted:

Hi All,

Cheers

Derek Smart is the leader of the goon org. He hosts weekly play sessions on the latest pre-alpha build. They practice squad tactics and communications drills.

You have to buy the Completionist Package to qualify though:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Combos/The-Completionist-Digital

Once you buy in just PM him asking him to invite you to be initiated.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Titanic posted:

And it looks like he's got himself a real gun too.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

spacetoaster posted:

And it looks like he's got himself a real gun too.

People like him make the world a little bit scarier. :(

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

So did Chris's costume.

Speaking of cringe. Here's the highlights from last years citcon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWt25iHmIY8
Why is that lady wearing a nightgown to the TED talk?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
scrod

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kromlech posted:

Why is that lady wearing a nightgown to the TED talk?

Because your IQ must be this high to become a Star Citizen

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Daandrah posted:

Hi All,

Cheers

Good news, friend! You're playing the game * right now*! This is pretty much it, and I'm pretty sure we're winning.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
After all these years, I still thin the hornet looks like crap, and most of CGI designs too. Although the Nox seems nice

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

benzine posted:

After all these years, I still thin the hornet looks like crap, and most of CGI designs too. Although the Nox seems nice

Some of the ships look neat, mind only some. Merchantman, and Reclaimer are still kinda good looking to me.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Hobold posted:

Some of the ships look neat, mind only some. Merchantman, and Reclaimer are still kinda good looking to me.

The racing ones too, a little generic

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Secretly, Star Citizen's biggest crime is using their enormous artistic resources to produce incredibly uninspired and generic ships and industrial architecture.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tokamak posted:

Secretly, Star Citizen's biggest crime is using their enormous artistic resources to produce incredibly uninspired and generic ships and industrial architecture.

i would have thought it might be all the lies

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

alf_pogs posted:

Even their lies are uninspired and generic.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Daandrah posted:

Hi All,

Cheers
Wish Fawlty a happy birthday for me.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
some of the Maya 3d work they have would look neat if they ever made a game to be able to make the items in that game

all they have though is really flashy 3D artwork that's taken tens of thousands of man hours and tens of millions of dollars to make that has no use and only exists to sell more 3d artwork to fools.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Everyone remember when CIG released that promotional poster for... something? I think it was a Con.

And it turned out to be 90% a photoshop cut and past poo poo from various other art sources to make a mix and match collage

Didn't it even have a chunk of a Hilton hotel with the logo still intact?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Sappo569 posted:

Everyone remember when CIG released that promotional poster for... something? I think it was a Con.

And it turned out to be 90% a photoshop cut and past poo poo from various other art sources to make a mix and match collage

IIRC the Hilton logo was visible in at least two places in that poster.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Now, it makes me wonder if Crobits and Sandi get extra pay for being producers / actors in their own shows.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

Yeah, it's covered with stolen stock images. They can't really get out with the whole "It's only concept art" because they sold these.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

no_recall posted:

Now, it makes me wonder if Crobits and Sandi get extra pay for being producers / actors in their own shows.
Look inside your heart. What does it tell you?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

They're not much of a secret.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, it's covered with stolen stock images. They can't really get out with the whole "It's only concept art" because they sold these.

Yeah that's the one

Why do they keep being allowed to get away with this art theft , lol for having so many artists they sure do suck at creating actual original art

no_recall posted:

100% guaranteed that's why Sandi has every single episode listed on her IMDB

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

CrazyTolradi posted:

Wish Fawlty a happy birthday for me.

Who be you?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Daandrah posted:

Who be you?
Someone who wants to wish Fawlty7 happy birthday.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Now that 3.0 is just around the corner, it's probably time to revisit the dream of a non-aggression treaty.

Space peace in our time.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

spacetoaster posted:

F Manchester.

I also love the screens around the park placed at just the right level to pee on them.

Ah, crat...

Close enough.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 3, 2017

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SelenicMartian posted:

F Manchester.

I also love the screens around the park placed at just the right level to pee on them.

How about everyone wearing riot vests and load bearing equipment?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I never get tired of Slacks Jensen and his cargo capris with future socks and sandals.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Arthur's clenched fist meets... Columbine?!?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
hes posing in a gun store

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

That's so funny looking back on it now after the Mae Demming reveal - also, was this before or after they had fessed up to being married?

Her acting is great "Put your hands on your head!" she puts her hands behind her back ..... great acting.

Also backer money for Chris cult leader costume .... truly the best crowdfunded game ever!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evubujm7qyw

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

I'm the depressed space business man standing by the pond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

How do things like this even happen?