Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, that's terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I just want to say its super hosed up they didn't reduce the light step even though no one will be playing the content that counts towards the light step and also you're not going to get anything out of it anyways.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Obligatum VII posted:

I think the sustaining potions they added must be key to pulling it off, given that was the only notable change they made when they decided solo 200 was possible.

Is it somehow possible to unsync potd?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Are you being willfully dense here

The situation I'm getting from you is you're fighting two mobs. First one triggers the passage. Healer hoofs it out because there's no point in sticking around when it's 1 mob vs three dps. They shouldn't even be able to get a cast off before it dies. A trap is triggered because you were being dumb and not fighting in corridors instead of in the room (wandering mobs go through corridors, there's no reason to fight them in a room). The healer is gone, you all panic and die instead of just killing the stuff (although how you die to one trap's worth of mobs is strange to me) and the healer, realizing what's happened, runs back to try and salvage this situation instead of letting you all die and ressing you afterwards.

Maybe I've got something wrong, but that's the situation as I understand it given what you've said, and I'm gonna stand firm on "you were dumb for not fighting in corridors" because blaming the healer in content that does not require a healer is stupid.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"guys we need to focus on the ice, stop chasing kills"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Did a Shusui with a bard who didn't sing or use their dots :cripes:

The bosses took forever.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Playing PvP with the squad has shown me what I've always hoped was true in PvP. It's a lot more beneficial to actually treat it like PvP and not mass competitive PvE.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

Playing PvP with the squad has shown me what I've always hoped was true in PvP. It's a lot more beneficial to actually treat it like PvP and not mass competitive PvE.

It's even better when you learn to exploit the behaviors of the people treating it like pve.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

AST at 70 is still kickin' rad and I'll still enjoy healing but it feels quite a bit different. At least in dungeons I have almost no downtime since I can (almost) effortlessly switch between healing and damaging. For that reason I also find myself running low on MP a lot. My favorite thing in the world is a red mage throwing some mp my way; they will always get balances regardless of everything else.

Am I supposed to meld spell speed or crit or mind or what, I have no idea anymore.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

UHD posted:

AST at 70 is still kickin' rad and I'll still enjoy healing but it feels quite a bit different. At least in dungeons I have almost no downtime since I can (almost) effortlessly switch between healing and damaging. For that reason I also find myself running low on MP a lot. My favorite thing in the world is a red mage throwing some mp my way; they will always get balances regardless of everything else.

Am I supposed to meld spell speed or crit or mind or what, I have no idea anymore.

I haven't spent a lot of any time on this, but Hyper Lightspeed makes me feel that Crit is going to be one of our more important stats. Lightspeed is an insanely good cooldown; not only does it make most AST spells insta-cast, it also reduces MP cost by 20%. Each crit Benefic/Benefic II shaves 5s off the cooldown, and Benefic has a chance to trigger a guaranteed-crit Benefic II. 5s might not seem like a whole lot on a 150s cooldown, but every little bit helps.

Plus, it's always good to have more crit. Even when you're not using Lightspeed, it's a stat that increases both your potential damage and potential healing.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I just lost my job so I'm thinking about picking this up to pass the time while I milk unemployment.

Can I just get the base game and will have people to group with or do I need this bloodstorm expansion?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
WHM has a crit synergy trait as well but holy poo poo does it feel useless. 20% chance to proc a -5 cooldown, why not just make every crit reduce the cooldown by 1s?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

UHD posted:

I'm looking at vit/piety right now, because their secondary stats aren't very good and we don't know what the damage and healing output of the raids will be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kromlech posted:

I just lost my job so I'm thinking about picking this up to pass the time while I milk unemployment.

Can I just get the base game and will have people to group with or do I need this bloodstorm expansion?

You'll be able to find people but you'll be missing a fair bit of the cutting-edge stuff. You can wait until you finish the main story quest to pick up the expansions unless you want to play as a lizardgirl or something.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

please knock Mom! posted:

WHM has a crit synergy trait as well but holy poo poo does it feel useless. 20% chance to proc a -5 cooldown, why not just make every crit reduce the cooldown by 1s?

YoshiP hire this man.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

CeallaSo posted:

I haven't spent a lot of any time on this, but Hyper Lightspeed makes me feel that Crit is going to be one of our more important stats. Lightspeed is an insanely good cooldown; not only does it make most AST spells insta-cast, it also reduces MP cost by 20%. Each crit Benefic/Benefic II shaves 5s off the cooldown, and Benefic has a chance to trigger a guaranteed-crit Benefic II. 5s might not seem like a whole lot on a 150s cooldown, but every little bit helps.

Plus, it's always good to have more crit. Even when you're not using Lightspeed, it's a stat that increases both your potential damage and potential healing.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'm looking at vit/piety right now, because their secondary stats aren't very good and we don't know what the damage and healing output of the raids will be.

Curious. My first instinct was to load up on spell speed and crit since those seem to be the most straightforward. I guess it doesn't matter that much since materia rains from dungeons like a candy shower.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

I am going to have nightmares tonight.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Anti tower (Savage)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Must be the only one who thinks that's kinda cute :3:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

The hotkey is gone, but the soul still burns.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Those Valkyries Trousers I mentioned (i225) aren't as fitting as I thought they'd be.

if you click on your fitting room and ctrl+home you can scale it up :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SL the Pyro posted:

The hotkey is gone, but the soul still burns.

Admit it you bought all the Fracture Rikers last thread

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Would anyone be interested in forming an 8man frontline strike team to grind out victories for Garo mounts?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

UHD posted:

Curious. My first instinct was to load up on spell speed and crit since those seem to be the most straightforward. I guess it doesn't matter that much since materia rains from dungeons like a candy shower.

I'm mostly approaching it from a hopeful progression stand point. Having the small buffer of HP or MP will likely help me more if I make a mistake or have to overheal a bit, compared to .1 seconds off my cast time or a few % crit. Some of the undodgeable stuff is already getting me uncomfortably close to dieing. The crit heal might save the day, but I'm RNG enough.

I went Crit/SpS with my heavensward gear in 3.4/3.5 because nothing I couldn't dodge hurt enough to matter, and would probably prioritize them again if stuff didn't seem to hurt so much now, or I could expect my group to not mess up mechanics as much.

The difference between my 270 gear at 60 and my 310 gear at 70 is about .14s difference, so it's not earth shattering. It's actually only an extra GCD every two minutes. My crit has seemed to suffer, but I can't really verify that.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 3, 2017

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

summoner

is good

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

AST feels identical to me except Earthly Star is really good.

SCH is feeling better at i314 minus the dungeon dps and minor issues around fey union and excog. No need to meld piety so far either.

nuru fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 3, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nuru posted:

AST feels identical to me except Earthly Star is really good.

SCH is feeling better at i314 minus the dungeon dps issues and minor issues around fey union and excog.

Scholar really does feel a lot better when fully geared. Honestly at this point I feel like if they buff it more than a feather-touch it's going to explode.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Hit 70 today, then hit ilvl 300. Time for end-game content, round 1.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Don't queue for Flame PvP at night. If you want to win, queue during the day. If you want a bunch of poo poo rear end suck matches, queue at night. Adder is the side you want for night matches. You'll win with 300+ points to spare ever time.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
how good is brd utility? i'm debating leveling it vs drg and i'd rather go with whichever helps out raids more.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1URFEoRpss8

How do YOU like it, game?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

brand engager posted:

summoner

is good

Thats always so cool to see.
But I don't have a PhD in Piano Studies, so I'm having fun being stabby with Red Mage.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I really like the level 70 gathering gear.

This looks great! Let's go mining!

Ok - I know the nodes are here somewhere...

What.

Maybe this wasn't such a great idea.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Scholar really does feel a lot better when fully geared. Honestly at this point I feel like if they buff it more than a feather-touch it's going to explode.

It still does essentially no AoE damage compared to the other healers and fey union still seems really unreliable.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

They were right to try to kick us out of town.

Bonus:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mazed posted:

They were right to try to kick us out of town.

Bonus:

There's a /praisethesun emote now?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

It still does essentially no AoE damage compared to the other healers and fey union still seems really unreliable.

Yeah, I'm not saying it couldn't do with a tuning but it's really easy to imagine it going absolutely overboard if they're not careful.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

ImpAtom posted:

All SCH needs is for bane to be un-nerfed (or some other AoE to be given to them) and some QoL stuff about Fey Union's wonkiness and they'll be fine, I imagine. Right now SCH is suffering from needlessly nerfed AoE that was probably primarily targeted at SMN.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Thundarr posted:

Only if you're a suncat.

(otherwise it's in the monk /bstance or /vpose, forget which)

More of my Stormblood adventures over the weekend:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Ooh, I have a cute catboy to share!

Thundarr posted:

It's /rko