Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I just can't believe that it took them this many years to figure out that the lawsuit was a waste of money, time, and reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Jay Paterno is now on board of trustees, right? I have to imagine keeping up the fight helped that.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/06/ncaa-examine-14-week-football-playing-season/

The NCAA's considering expanding the season from 13 weeks to 14, allowing for two bye week for each team.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Spacebump posted:

This year's Big 12 conference is going to be awesome. Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor that is a formidable group. Did you hear that SEC? Formidable?

really hope someone gets the reference

I want to believe this will actually be true. :smith:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Someone post something funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qA-WjRPUvY

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pakled posted:

http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/06/ncaa-examine-14-week-football-playing-season/

The NCAA's considering expanding the season from 13 weeks to 14, allowing for two bye week for each team.

Is it bad if I ultimately want this idea to lead to one more football game per season?

Like, I understand that football players need their rest, and I'm completely in favor of giving them an extra week off, but at the same time I also dream of 16-team conferences with two regular season playoff games each.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I'm split with the idea of a longer season. On one hand "yay more football!" On the other hand, college football has the best regular season in all of American sports, and a longer season would change that.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

A longer season potentially creates more upsets which is cool and good

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If we're going to have more games I'd prefer to see it in the form of an 8-team playoff than a 13-game regular season. As far as this goes, I'm fine with a 13-week two-bye season.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
https://twitter.com/MetroATLDSA/sta...genumber%3D1437

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/OleMissAltRight/status/848963323550982144

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Move all of that aside: are we in such a place that there is not only an uptick in the Marxist population of this country but there are also clear and separate groups of people who identify as Communists without Marxist leanings or ideology?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Adding a bye week sounds good to me. I like bye weeks because I don't have the week ruined by my lovely team losing. Also less injuries.

In other news,

In emails, then-Baylor regent calls students suspected of drinking 'perverted little tarts'

quote:

Then-Baylor University Regent Neal “Buddy” Jones referred to female students he suspected of drinking alcohol as “perverted little tarts,” “very bad apples,” “insidious and inbred” and “the vilest and most despicable of girls” in 2009 emails to a faculty adviser, according to documents filed in a Title IX lawsuit against the university.

Ten alleged sexual assault victims suing Baylor attached the emails in a Friday legal filing to show a culture “using the alcohol policy as a pretext to shame, silence and threaten to expel a female student.”

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

PostNouveau posted:

Adding a bye week sounds good to me. I like bye weeks because I don't have the week ruined by my lovely team losing. Also less injuries.

In other news,

In emails, then-Baylor regent calls students suspected of drinking 'perverted little tarts'

Finally a man of necessary character to primary Greg Abbott

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Was he teleported in from 1873 who calls women tarts anymore

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Think of being so sexually repressed and frustrated you slander women in email because they dare drink the Devil's water.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

fast cars loose anus posted:

They're a pack of hussies!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

PostNouveau posted:

They're a pack of hussies!

One might even refer to them as "brazen"

The full quote is even better really:

quote:

“I am just sick,” he wrote. “Those perverted little tarts had better be thanking their lucky stars that my guns are all aimed at a worse group of insidious scoundrels than themselves for the time being.”

If other plots were not afoot I would have these degenerates jailed forthwith!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

so rape is cool and good but Lord help us if alcohol so much as touches a woman's mouth.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
At least the strumpets weren't dancing.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Does Baylor have cheerleaders or is that considered slatternly?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

As long as no coaches gave kids money to pay their mom's electric bill they'll be fine.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

In other news,

Don't doxx me

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I can't even think of a joke to make about this.

gently caress Baylor and gently caress that guy.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Then don't post. And gently caress Baylor.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Houston's bye week came late in the season the last two years, so I like the idea of a second bye week so the players won't be as banged up. But with our luck, we'd get both back-to-back in weeks 13 and 14.

One might even refer to them as "brazen"

The full quote is even better really:

If other plots were not afoot I would have these degenerates jailed forthwith!

I'm imagining he wrote this by candlelight on a sheet of fine parchment and a quill.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Hey Y'all, gently caress Baylor!

Well, bye now!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm still struggling to comprehend how backward a person has to be to get that upset over college girls, or college students in general, drinking. I know southern baptists aren't known for being a forward-thinking lot (hell, I grew up surrounded by them) but holy drat.

I wonder what his thoughts are on prohibition.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Imagine the lawyer in Inherit the Wind that wanted to punish Dick York for teaching evolution.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

When upon the certain occasion that I find young ladies that have clearly been under the influence of the whiskey and thereupon have taken up behaviors of the most unladylike manner (though one must make the acknowledgement that intoxicants themselves are of a unladylike manner firstly), I find the employment of such a term as "tart" as my most descriptive, in the course of my making contacts with the local constable, so that he may, in the execution of his duties, conduct them to their husbands, or failing in that way, their fathers, or a local man of the cloth, as is pertinent in times as those.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I'm still struggling to comprehend how backward a person has to be to get that upset over college girls, or college students in general, drinking. I know southern baptists aren't known for being a forward-thinking lot (hell, I grew up surrounded by them) but holy drat.

I wonder what his thoughts are on prohibition.

Baylor's more religious than they let on. I went there for a campus visit and went to their bookstore. They had a section of books written by faculty, but every one of them was about the Bible. Like, the chemistry professors write Jesus books.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It stands in stark contrast to TCU which despite the name is effectively pretty secular.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Pakled posted:

It stands in stark contrast to TCU which despite the name is effectively pretty secular.
Same with SMU. It turns out that Baptists are the least chill major Christian denomination.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Incoherence posted:

Same with SMU. It turns out that Baptists are the least chill major Christian denomination.

As someone who has spent his entire life in Mississippi I can confirm that this is 100% true.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Stunt Rock posted:

As someone who has spent his entire life in Mississippi I can confirm that this is 100% true.

Does Assemblies of God count as a major denomination? The churches are some seriously hosed up cult-like poo poo.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
They all get swept up under Pentecostal I believe who are a lot crazier than Baptists.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

vikingstrike posted:

They all get swept up under Pentecostal I believe who are a lot crazier than Baptists.

Pentecostals don't have a university in a Power 5 conference.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Basically Ole Miss

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Ole miss grads wont look each other in the eye at the liquor store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Something something, if you take one Baptist fishing, he'll drink all your beer. Take two Baptists fishing and they won't drink any.

• Locked thread