Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Am I samurai-ing right?

I can't not wear that odin's helm, it's absolutely absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
WHM wants 100% crit melds @70?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, for buying Stormblood, if I have the Steam version of the base game(but don't use Steam to launch it, just go through the desktop launcher), I've still got to match that with the Steam version of the DLC, right?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

LordHippoman posted:

So, for buying Stormblood, if I have the Steam version of the base game(but don't use Steam to launch it, just go through the desktop launcher), I've still got to match that with the Steam version of the DLC, right?

Yep, if you're on steam then that's where you have to buy everything from now on.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

how good is brd utility? i'm debating leveling it vs drg and i'd rather go with whichever helps out raids more.

BRD is the closest thing you're gonna get to a straight up support class that isn't a healer. All of the physical ranged DPS role abilities are basically there for support but combining those with BRD's new abilities and class mechanics and you have a job that everybody will love to have around due to having extra regen.

I don't know how much support Drg actually has other than the eye ability that increases damage, but i'm sure it's better than Brds Foe Requiem for simple fact that it sticks around a lot longer.

Like seriously, Foe's is like 3% increased damage for maybe 6-7 seconds overall? Kinda nuts on the MP drain for that ability.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Toshimo posted:

WHM wants 100% crit melds @70?

yeah

you definitely don't need piety and the only other real option is spell speed

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Being the silent protag makes more sense now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is there a list of what melds each job wants? i heard Direct Hit was like the god meld for basically everyone but now I'm hearing crit and I don't know where to look to fkeep up

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Can you meld str to the verity or Lakshmi gear for tanks? I'm using my Poe for alt classes and don't want to get the str right side right now

E: or is direct hit better than str?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

I have a sharingan just like my favorite anime character Basuke.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Can you meld str to the verity or Lakshmi gear for tanks? I'm using my Poe for alt classes and don't want to get the str right side right now

Nothing is ever going to come close to main stat for anyone.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kalenn Istarion posted:

The accessories are all Vit so they should have room for Str. The weapons are likely Str capped though.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Today, I LLDRed into Toto-Rak. Normally, this would be a bummer, but I looked up to notice I had three friends with no job stones. A quick glance at their gear showed me each one of them was new, new, new. All of them about the level for the dungeon, all of them in a smattering of white and pink leveling gear.

The tank stopped to read every poster and we took a wrong turn at one point, clearing a whole hallway of mobs I didn't even know existed. :kimchi:

My only complaint is that they never spoke. None of them said a word, despite attempts to engage, so we just silently completed the dungeon after wiping twice on the final boss. I switched diversion for drain and managed to help win the day with erase, and mana shift. Drain allowed me to stay alive, while the other two let me clear poisons on the healer and feed her MP. No comms, but I told them to enjoy the game and left.

Also, it let me hit level 60 on RDM, so now my glamour is nearly complete!

I like the Sabotender rapier, but I'm thinking the ultimate in luxury would be the upgraded Shiva weapon, so I'll have to try for that soon.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kalenn Istarion posted:

All gear that isn't normal quality crafted has capped main stats. You could meld strength onto right side jewelry, but not left side armor.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

You can meld str on fending gear, yes, and it is miles better than direct hit (direct hit is also worse than det or crit).

You don't have to worry about this much for leveling purposes.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Adept Nightingale posted:

Am I samurai-ing right?

I can't not wear that odin's helm, it's absolutely absurd.
That's badass. What class is it that let's you wield a katana a la Sephiroth?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
has anyone else noticed a lot of tanks uh...not tanking? in lldr i've gotten three tanks in a row that would lose aggro in trash pulls and make no effort at all to get it back. no aoes on pulls, barely any enmity combos, no matter how much i asked.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Kromlech posted:

That's badass. What class is it that let's you wield a katana a la Sephiroth?

Samurai. It's one of the jobs added with Stormblood.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

has anyone else noticed a lot of tanks uh...not tanking? in lldr i've gotten three tanks in a row that would lose aggro in trash pulls and make no effort at all to get it back. no aoes on pulls, barely any enmity combos, no matter how much i asked.

Just had 2 runs like that, constantly losing aggro to either me (scholar) or one of the DPSes. I wasn't even overhealing, just keeping them at around 70%

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

It sounds like you just had a run of really bad tanks. Though I've noticed that aggro is a much more iffy prospect these days unless you're packing strength rightside, it can actually be a bit of a risky proposition to spend a boss fight outside of the tank stance for the vast majority of the fight due to the reduced damage.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I've definitely noticed tanks having problems holding aggro off me as a BLM. They've also all been WARs. I have no clue if that's a coincidence.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

It's become a lot easier to rip threat off a lot of pubbie tanks. Find myself having to use shadewalker whenever it's up during most trash and some bosses.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't know if it's really gameplay changes, because the limited content i've tanked i haven't had a whole lot of issues with aggro as long as i'm mildly aware of what i'm doing. it's super strange.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Meanwhile in Bardam's Mettle I've had a string of DRK's that don't use Abyssal Drain. Like, at all.

Only one of them held AoE threat decently.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 3, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Futzed around with a bunch of DPS jobs to complement my Paladin after I got him maxed out. Machinist feels like poo poo with the new Heat mechanic (especially with overheating being a dps loss and with literally everything revolving around Wildfire leaving you to do jack poo poo except 123 and Gauss Round I guess for 50 out of 60 seconds), Red Mage is too basic, Samurai was too linear, then I discovered Bard. Holy poo poo this job is actually fun and leaves me with plenty of buttons to press each GCD, and the Songs change what I'm focused on every 30 seconds, and the support abilities and role actions mesh great with my penchant for healing/defense which is why I picked up PLD in the first place.

I especially like how the basic gameplay loop is a really basic underlying chord (get the two DOTs up, Heavy Shot) with occasional flourishes and riffs (Songs, oGCDs). Feels very music-like. A+ design.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

vOv posted:

I've definitely noticed tanks having problems holding aggro off me as a BLM. They've also all been WARs. I have no clue if that's a coincidence.

WARs have to actually pay attention to the enmity list now. I know I've definitely lost aggro a couple of times because I'm used to using Butchers Block every other combo and making enmity a complete non issue.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Brainamp posted:

It's become a lot easier to rip threat off a lot of pubbie tanks. Find myself having to use shadewalker whenever it's up during most trash and some bosses.

Yep. It's like I can't use it enough. And what sucks is Smokescreen doesn't usually have the same benefit, because I'm usually the one ripping the hate. Occasionally a RDM will get antsy. But if Shadewalker is on cooldown and the tank can't grab aggro, I'm not even sure what to do. Between mudras, the frog, and Death Blossom, NINs can pump out quite a bit of AoE.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EponymousMrYar posted:

Meanwhile in Bertram's Mettle I've had a string of DRK's that don't use Abyssal Drain. Like, at all.

Only one of them held AoE threat decently.

But then I can't dark arts my shiny new quietus!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Emnity seems a bit harder than I was used to (probably the loss of vit dps), now with level 66 tanks. What I am noticing as a healer is a string of tanks that multi pull and then don't pop cooldowns, or pop convalescence or awareness and expect them to matter one poo poo.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
A male catgirl samurai and his paladin brother.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Emnity seems a bit harder than I was used to (probably the loss of vit dps), now with level 66 tanks. What I am noticing as a healer is a string of tanks that multi pull and then don't pop cooldowns, or pop convalescence or awareness and expect them to matter one poo poo.

I'm pretty sure Convalescence is one of the better cooldowns, since from a 'incoming heals - incoming damage' perspective it basically takes 17% off incoming damage. So it's slightly weaker than Rampart.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Futzed around with a bunch of DPS jobs to complement my Paladin after I got him maxed out. Machinist feels like poo poo with the new Heat mechanic (especially with overheating being a dps loss and with literally everything revolving around Wildfire leaving you to do jack poo poo except 123 and Gauss Round I guess for 50 out of 60 seconds), Red Mage is too basic, Samurai was too linear, then I discovered Bard. Holy poo poo this job is actually fun and leaves me with plenty of buttons to press each GCD, and the Songs change what I'm focused on every 30 seconds, and the support abilities and role actions mesh great with my penchant for healing/defense which is why I picked up PLD in the first place.

I especially like how the basic gameplay loop is a really basic underlying chord (get the two DOTs up, Heavy Shot) with occasional flourishes and riffs (Songs, oGCDs). Feels very music-like. A+ design.

What level was your MCH? The Heat mechanic makes no sense until 64, more or less.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I finally saw a doggo drop and I passed on the whistle because I thought it was the crafting item.

:downs:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

vOv posted:

I'm pretty sure Convalescence is one of the better cooldowns, since from a 'incoming heals - incoming damage' perspective it basically takes 17% off incoming damage. So it's slightly weaker than Rampart.

It doesn't effect OGCD heals, though, so depending on the class it's a lot lower than that.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

WrightOfWay posted:

It doesn't effect OGCD heals, though, so depending on the class it's a lot lower than that.

You mean it doesn't affect Lustrate/Tetra/Essential Dignity? That's surprising.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

vOv posted:

Not when they die in one gcd

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vOv posted:

All the healing up buffs - largesse, eos's and convalescence effect healing spells not abilities like those listed.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

vOv posted:

Convalescence, as well as Defiance, Largesse and Fey Illumination only effect healing spells, while all OGCDs are abilities. It's dumb.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

As a tank, Convalescence is what I pop after "Oh poo poo I just took a lot of damage"

Everything else is what I pop before "Oh poo poo I'm about to take a lot of damage"

nuru posted:

What level was your MCH? The Heat mechanic makes no sense until 64, more or less.

62. Does it really get better once you get Barrel Stabilizer? I don't see that it really solves the "Everything revolves around Wildfire" / "Overheating is a DPS loss" problem, especially with the cooldown it has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Oops, I'm bad at reading.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jul 3, 2017