Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I need this shirt Fale's got on

https://twitter.com/TOKSFALE/status/881634913169977345

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

make x great again jokes are really loving lame sorry

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
extremely agreed but i do give people outside the us a bit of leeway for it

it is uncool to parody slogans that put fascists into power unless you're at least using it against said fascist

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I loving love War Machine so much. War Machine and Elgin is awesome. This weekend shows are awesome.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Is the dvr function not working on new japan world? I just got home and wanna skip back but it's not letting me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Troxartas posted:

Is the dvr function not working on new japan world? I just got home and wanna skip back but it's not letting me

I started 45 minutes into the show and was able to go right back to the start and get caught up, so not sure what is wrong for you :shrug:

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Jerusalem posted:

I started 45 minutes into the show and was able to go right back to the start and get caught up, so not sure what is wrong for you :shrug:

Weird, I went fullscreen and that somehow fixed it

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

RIP Trent

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Beautiful tribute to the life and times of Herbert Meltzer.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Whats going on with Ricochet and Lucha Underground?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Lucha Underground is dicking him around on contracts

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Lucha Underground is a really evil company that has hosed over numerous wrestlers on their lovely contracts, and in this case it looks like they had legal keep him off these shows.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he can't be on US tv until x months after LU stops airing so he couldnt be on the axs show

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I saw the segment where they teased dissension between Cody and Kenny but couldn't hear a good chunk of what was said. What happened?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

extremely agreed but i do give people outside the us a bit of leeway for it

it is uncool to parody slogans that put fascists into power unless you're at least using it against said fascist

I also kinda really love that it was Fale wearing a shirt referencing being a jobber more than anything.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

harperdc posted:

I also kinda really love that it was Fale wearing a shirt referencing being a jobber more than anything.

It's wanting to make other jobbers great again :btroll:
He rarely takes pins anyway if you watch the multi-mans he's always in and always gets a solid showing in a tournament for a babyface to topple.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Lucha is basically stringing out any decision about the long term aspects of the show and making it seem like they're in this for the long haul in order to gently caress the wrestlers.

But I'm torn because everyone on earth knew those contracts were poo poo when those guys signed them.

In regards to ricochet, I believe he has an out after three seasons but that out only kicks in after the season is done airing in the states.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Kenny currently has a new title and three feuds simmering simultaneously. Okada is still the ace, but it increasingly feels like Omega is the centre of the promotion.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

sportsgenius86 posted:

In regards to ricochet, I believe he has an out after three seasons but that out only kicks in after the season is done airing in the states.

If they hadn't done the mid season break his contract would have been up now or hereabouts. They also didn't give him any notice that they were going to do the break.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lucha is basically stringing out any decision about the long term aspects of the show and making it seem like they're in this for the long haul in order to gently caress the wrestlers.

But I'm torn because everyone on earth knew those contracts were poo poo when those guys signed them.

The AAA wrestlers had the contracts worked out by AAA and agreed to, so they were completely hosed over by the owners of LU. A few of the American guys who weren't forced into the deals were able to negotiate less lovely deals and even then they got hosed. Being torn because workers got hosed over is pretty lovely of you. Especially when it was guys who worked out what should have been a 3 year deal and became a 5 year deal.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

There's about 4 months left in this LU season

Guess what show kind of randomly took an unplanned 5 month hiatus and hosed over him being able to appear.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Where's Double J???

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Where's Double J???

Drunk in a ditch somewhere.

Seriously though, I wonder if his few appearances weren't supposed to be more, and he hosed it up like he did when he was NWA champ by making big demands. Apparently he asked for all kinds of star treatment when he went there as NWA champion and NJPW was none too pleased.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Catching up on Night 1 of G1 USA, I wonder if the AXS TV showing messed with their technical people. I know they probably have a different setup than they're used to as well (and may be down a few people) but there have been a bunch of uncharacteristic technical issues throughout the show.

I still also love how dissonant the image of LIJ and current character of Naito is versus his entrance music.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

JR's announce job was legit the worst I've heard on any show that's not a poo poo Indy with 25 fans in attendance.

Like, embarrassingly bad.

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

https://streamable.com/o4wwb

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Drunk in a ditch somewhere.

Seriously though, I wonder if his few appearances weren't supposed to be more, and he hosed it up like he did when he was NWA champ by making big demands. Apparently he asked for all kinds of star treatment when he went there as NWA champion and NJPW was none too pleased.

That was with Zero One. I assume he was there as part of the deal to do the PPV and when NJPW didn't go forward with that arrangement they didn't need Jeffrey.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

That was with Zero One. I assume he was there as part of the deal to do the PPV and when NJPW didn't go forward with that arrangement they didn't need Jeffrey.

Ah okay. Still, how dumb do you have to be to big time people in Japan, a place with a pretty set in stone way of doing things?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Ain't he great?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Still a great moment. The recording barely registers how the house reacted. It was wild being there.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Esther Lin is incredibly good at getting shots.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Esther Lin is the goat and I am that little kid

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Red Shoes looks like he's having the time of his life there.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Red Shoes even makes a cameo in the latest Being the Elite.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bankok posted:

Red Shoes even makes a cameo in the latest Being the Elite.

And he ruins Kennys life!!!

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Red Shoes looks like the bucks blasted him in the face with spray tanner.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The_Rob posted:

And he ruins Kennys life!!!

Red Shoes: better Bullet Club Hunter than everyone who has called themselves “Bullet Club Hunters”

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Has anyone reported ticket sales/crowd attendance for both nights?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Red Shoes suck it is Kryptonite to the Young Bucks and it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

That DICK! posted:

Has anyone reported ticket sales/crowd attendance for both nights?

It's a small venue that only took up one of the major halls in the convention center and all the seats were filled from what I could tell on Saturday until people starting standing up at the walls for better views. I can't imagine it was any different for Sunday.

The one thing that my friend noted when he tried to get food was that they were out of hot dog buns and were supposedly not able to sell the cooked hot dogs they already had? :confused:

• Locked thread