Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

etalian posted:

The prisoners should feel lucky they were allowed to work as slaves at Dread Abuela's plantation.

The prisoner must be given task and purpose by their betters less they be pushed to sloth and lawlessness by their debased instincts

-Hillary Clinton, last week to a Wells Fargo board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Relin posted:

people who voted for trump are still happy with his performance, and others (this is for dems too) will just show up and vote republican rote regardless. what issues do you think will get center/rightist to vote for the democrats over republican candidates in swing states? job numbers under trump have been exceeding expectations most months (not really his doing ofc) and most people have no idea what single payer is (not that we dont really need it)

Everybody knows what Medicare for all means

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i hope president trump choke slams cnn

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I like how trump has accidently exploited the fact that if you make fun of the media they drop everything to defend themselves. trumps only taken advantage of it by accident imagine how great it'll be when someone who doesn't have holes in their head exploits it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agean90 posted:

I like how trump has accidently exploited the fact that if you make fun of the media they drop everything to defend themselves. trumps only taken advantage of it by accident imagine how great it'll be when someone who doesn't have holes in their head exploits it

Yeah they are pretty easy to manipulate once you realize they are full of themselves and can't cope with being directly attacked/mocked

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/GovHowardDean/status/881878584520040448

YEEEEAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a good way to get a 6er is to complain about a previous 6ixer in an extremely pedantic way

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

the lesson that dems will choose to learn from their 2018 blowout loss will be that the only way to win is to run a billionaire so several hundred superdelegates will immediately endorse zuckerfuck for 2020 president and beginning around april of 2019 there will be a nonstop chorus saying that he has such a huge lead that everyone else has to drop out for the sake of party unity (and there will be many takes saying that no, this is not the party establishment putting their thumb on the scale in the primary)

when you think of it, spending 2 billion on hildogs campaign kind of makes her a de facto billionare, so they already lost that way

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Squizzle posted:

a good way to get a 6er is to complain about a previous 6ixer in an extremely pedantic way

does it have to be our own 6er? can a followup probe be 9hrs so people can say they got a 69er?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if the voters in Iowa and NH are that brain-damaged to vote for Zuckerberg then it's pretty clear that democracy... was a mistake

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
what I'm trying to say is that buttigieg will win because he appeals to all

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

what I'm trying to say is that buttigieg

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I like everything I know bout that guy, which is his name

Serf
May 5, 2011

here come dat buttigieg

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

got any sevens posted:

does it have to be our own 6er? can a followup probe be 9hrs so people can say they got a 69er?

here are the options i have

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
you can theoretically customize any probation by annoying zdr but it's only worth it in extremely rare circumstances for comedy reasons so don't do it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i did it once to give Boosted a 14088 day probation

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

yeah harassing an admin for special forums treats is justified in some cases but needing to dismiss someone for the correct amount of hours is like the opposite of that, comedy exceptions notwithstanding

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao, a reminder that Dean worked as lobbyist for big pharma companies after his failed presidential bid.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

working class voters are only motivated by delicious, sweet racisms

also I'm a lobbyist for an industry that literally kills working class people by manufacturing an opioid epidemic

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I love this take

"Jeez, what's your problem? I just want to keep another human being prisoner in my house to make them do all my housework. No, they couldn't leave. If I let them leave they wouldn't do my chores for me anymore. Look, it's -- it's not like I'd be making them pick cotton or something, c'mon, I just don't want to vacuum my living room. I am so averse to the idea of vacuuming my living room that I think it'd be pretty reasonable to force another human being to do it for me under pain of torture or death, and never let them leave or pay them any money."

"it's not like I wouldn't give them any food, jeez guys :rolleyes:"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dems took a long hard look in the mirror and decided "we gotta get more elitist"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

also I'm a lobbyist for an industry that literally kills working class people by manufacturing an opioid epidemic

The "filthy rurals can only ever be motivated to vote by racism because that is the one thing in their life that they care about" take is still a depressingly common one I see

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Not to mention big pharma is one of the reasons why we ended up with the Obamacare mess instead of UHC or single payer.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Squizzle posted:

the zegermans technique

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

I love this take

"Jeez, what's your problem? I just want to keep another human being prisoner in my house to make them do all my housework. No, they couldn't leave. If I let them leave they wouldn't do my chores for me anymore. Look, it's -- it's not like I'd be making them pick cotton or something, c'mon, I just don't want to vacuum my living room. I am so averse to the idea of vacuuming my living room that I think it'd be pretty reasonable to force another human being to do it for me under pain of torture or death, and never let them leave or pay them any money."

"it's not like I wouldn't give them any food, jeez guys :rolleyes:"

Hey, did you steal that from my aunt's Facebook after The Atlantic's piece on Filipino domestic helpers?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Centrist Power Trio:
1) a granny chasing pervert
2) woke bae megahunk whom sells hundreds of millions in weapons to the Saudis
3) the German version of Republicans who devours Greece like the witch eats kids in Hansel & Grettel

Who is 1? I missed something

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ruzihm posted:

the cookie man

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Ruzihm posted:

French President Macron

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

the cookie man

Emmanuel "Cookie Monster" Macron

first of his name

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

The "filthy rurals can only ever be motivated to vote by racism because that is the one thing in their life that they care about" take is still a depressingly common one I see

it's a dodge and Dean knows it, a lot of racism was invented by corporations during reconstruction to divide and conquer labor votes

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

look if they weren't racist they'd all move to brooklyn or san francisco

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

got any sevens posted:

it's a dodge and Dean knows it, a lot of racism was invented by corporations during reconstruction to divide and conquer labor votes

wat

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

got any sevens posted:

It not surprising to see bad dems use the same attacks of sexism and racism they used against Bernie in the primary.

I wonder how they explain Corbyn making a big comeback mainly due to the youth vote share increasing by a massive amount in the snap election?

Maybe people in the 18-34 are actually more racist and xenophobic than boomers?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i assume he means racist rhetoric

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

got any sevens posted:

Um

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I don't think they literally mean "racism wasn't invented until after the 1865", but definitely that racism was used to create internecine fighting within the working class.

Poor whites will side with the slaveholders every single time as long as they get to hold the whip.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
but would corporations inventing racism to divide labor end racism?🤔

Serf
May 5, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't think they literally mean "racism wasn't invented until after the 1865", but definitely that racism was used to create internecine fighting within the working class.

Poor whites will side with the slaveholders every single time as long as they get to hold the whip.

yeah this is pretty well shown in zinn's "a people's history of the united states"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

stuff like black people going from gentle, simple people that just need a (white) guiding hand to live their lives properly to unstoppable monsters that will kill you and rape your wife.

• Locked thread