Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."

Mindblast posted:

I could cube that off hand I got from kadala that boosts commanded skeletons, but off hands are considered armor right?

Offhands are part of the weapon slot in the cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

DrSeRRoD posted:

Nah, I believe there's no way for the pets to apply the thorns, proc hack, or to force the mobs to attack them. There was a thorns build on the PTR as the necro solo tank, similar to Invoker, but it may have been Inarius/Hack, but it just wasn't good enough compared to the other options, like Mirinae. Maybe once Mirinae/Bonenado is nerfed, Hack/Thorns Inarius Necrotank may resurface.

https://www.d3planner.com/983902942
https://www.d3planner.com/759068571

You're probably right

e: Accidentally put Taeguk instead of Boyarsky's. Still probably not enough Thorns. Also, with Hack on, will CE do thorns damage?

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 2, 2017

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Tugboat Willy posted:

You can then turn those Reusable Parts into Arcane Dust/Veiled Crystals. :v:

FYI, if anyone was wondering why the female Necro looks familiar. Tugboat Willy's avatar is the woman they basically stole the look from.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Just broke T13 with Rathmas solo. Going to push for a level 70. It might not be top tier but its def scratching my "classic necro" itch.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Is there any reason to care about which sort of enemies you resurrect as a Necro? Like, Punishers and Lacuni Prowlers seem like better monsters than those little Scorpions in act 3, but after resurrection are they all the same amount of damage?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Is there any reason to care about which sort of enemies you resurrect as a Necro? Like, Punishers and Lacuni Prowlers seem like better monsters than those little Scorpions in act 3, but after resurrection are they all the same amount of damage?

Nope, rez what you want, they won't last long enough anyway to make a difference because of the weird AI where they don't attack or move slowly. They used to maintain their powers and abilities on PTR, but it was apparently too strong, so they nerfed them into oblivion. If you can be selective, I like ranged mobs since they can engage faster than the melee ones. They all do the same damage though.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Why is everything so needlessly difficult? Why does the necro not get resource regen by default? Even picking the Templar doesn't fix that since his skill just gives a percentage increase for some reason.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I really just want to relax and watch a bunch of skeletons run around murdering people and maybe curse them occasionally is that too much to ask?

There's just too much to do. The fact that command skeletons has an active component makes me feel like I'm not using the full power of my army. Went back and played the WD and it's so great to have an army of dudes and not have to worry about them, just cast a few spells to support them. With the Necromancer I'm stuck with one of three generators, then I have a curse to keep up, skeletons to command, really short-duration mages to summon, and that's before I choose how to use corpses, which seem mandatory (and honestly are pretty fun).

They captured what made the Necro fun but put it in the WD except without cool skeleton buddies.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
The "Boneado" Inarius Necro is just painfully easy to play.

After a week and a few decent ancients I'm easily clearing GR 85. Your "trash clearing" seems unmatched while LotD plus Corpse Lance melts a Rift guardian.

If this makes it to Seasonal with no changes I feel like an Inarius Necro will replace WD in higher rifts. You do amazing AOE and you have crazy single target.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just want to say that this dumb game for cool idiots works pretty drat well on the Surface Pro 4.
My work efficiency is now in the toilet.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

ChickenSuit posted:

Offhands are part of the weapon slot in the cube.

Aha, so it does! Thanks for that. Cubed it for now. Seems to work wonders up until T7. And even then it's less of a damage problem and more a defense problem. Time to work the actual necro sets, I'm still wearing some vyr pieces. :shepface:

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I just wanted to say again how much I love Lyndon. "You ever think about making positive changes in your life? I don't."

"Oh good. Another horrible stinking sandy hole. Let's go!"

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

If I reformed an older legacy item from several seasons ago today, would that item just reroll its legacy abilities, or would it basically upgrade it the the new version of the item?

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I enjoyed rathma at first but spamming the summon mage button non stop gets old really fast. hopefully they change it but for now Im going to start collecting what I need for inarius

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Plain, but effective.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Samara posted:

After a week and a few decent ancients I'm easily clearing GR 85. Your "trash clearing" seems unmatched while LotD plus Corpse Lance melts a Rift guardian.

If this makes it to Seasonal with no changes I feel like an Inarius Necro will replace WD in higher rifts. You do amazing AOE and you have crazy single target.

And you don't die immediately if you stop casting firebats.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Pastry Mistakes posted:

If I reformed an older legacy item from several seasons ago today, would that item just reroll its legacy abilities, or would it basically upgrade it the the new version of the item?

Unfortunately you need to obtain the new version of the item to get its new orange text

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Yeesh, the necro's skeletons look ugly as hell. I get the need to have them appear somewhat distinct from enemy skeletons, but still…they're just bad.

The flesh golem is cool and gross though, and Corpse Explosion is pretty much everything I could possibly want out of it. :unsmith:

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Star Man posted:

Plain, but effective.

Looks like you stole that scythe from Everquest

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

DrSeRRoD posted:

Nope, rez what you want, they won't last long enough anyway to make a difference because of the weird AI where they don't attack or move slowly. They used to maintain their powers and abilities on PTR, but it was apparently too strong, so they nerfed them into oblivion.

the more things change the more they stay the same

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I'm having a lot of fun with the Trag'Oul pet build. The mages last pretty long with the ring and passive and do mondo damage. I'm speeding through lvl 70 grifts and practically oneshotting the guardian.
I'm made of paper though and if i make a mistake and end up without any essence it's really hard to get started again, relying on the corpses from blood rush pooping out health globes to get back into it.
Skelebros are pretty tanky though so it usually works out.

Here's my profile https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/QuasiQuack-2472/hero/95360385

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I got the necropack for £12.99 and gave it a whirl. Good heavens, you weren't lying when you said corpse explosion is incredible! I came upon a cursed chest and the 'kill 100 enemies' timer, and went to town. All you need to do is kill the first few and then corpse explosion keeps killing more and making more bombs!! I ended up killing nearly 240 in the time limit!!

Good grief :D This game might suck me back in again!!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

How does that end up working againts bosses or rift guardians?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Avalerion posted:

The base skill(before you add in gear that may/may not alter how the skills function) doesn't seem well suited unless you have a big field of corpses waiting(or are relatively overpowered to the point where only a few corpses are needed). The Flesh golem has an active skill that causes it to drop bodies for you to work with, which can help offset the problem.

That said, corpse lance is the better choice if you're dealing with a single target situation. You get a lot more mileage out of each corpse in that case.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Avalerion posted:

You run land of the dead and you can use all corpse skills without a corpse for its duration.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

What's the Zoomancer build people have referred to? Google is failing me, at the moment, when I try to find it.

I assume it's something like this?
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/necromancer#aTidch!Zbdc!abbZYb

This is basically what I'm running with at the moment, but I know for sure it needs tweaking. Basically, I have the 6 Skeletons up always, with the ability to Frenzy them for 25% more damage and target them. I have Revive on, with Purgatory, so, barring my initial contact, I usually can have 10 monsters following me around. I have Skeletal Mage set to Singularity, so with full Essence it spawns one gently caress off Mage that hits really loving hard, and with Bone Spikes as my primary I'm always able to spawn another full Essence Mage by the time the last one dies, usually just before.

With this build, I almost always have 17 pets following me around, with an 18th whenever I run into mobs. The Skeletons suck for damage, but they work alright as meat (...bone?) shields. My revived corpses and Mage is where most of my damage come from. But I'm trying to figure out what to put on my right click. Bone Armor doesn't seem to help me much, and I'm pretty squishy. But I haven't had a bunch of time to farmarmor, so that's to be expected.

I have Tasker & Theo in the cube, so that helps a little bit.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

thrawn527 posted:

What's the Zoomancer build people have referred to? Google is failing me, at the moment, when I try to find it.

Zoomancer, Summonmancer, Zookeeper, Skelemancer etc. refer to the Diablo 2 Necromancer where you would have a massive horde of 40+ skeletons and revives who would clear screens by themselves with your responsibilities being curses and top ups. Some of us loved that playstyle and are sad it hasn't been properly replicated in D3. What version there is right now requires a lot of tedious busywork (resummoning mages constantly) etc. and has disappointed some old Necro fans.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Summonmancer

I count myself among the disappointed, but it has just made me appreciate the Zuni builds in the WD even more.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
There are so many curses you'll never see because all we do is stun/CDR decrepify to proc the belt or use the aura. If mages and revives weren't such a travesty we'd have a build passive enough to give us time to apply curses and maybe explore some other options.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

George posted:

There are so many curses you'll never see because all we do is stun/CDR decrepify to proc the belt or use the aura. If mages and revives weren't such a travesty we'd have a build passive enough to give us time to apply curses and maybe explore some other options.

Kinda sucks we are all forced to use the same curse. The belt should have allowed any curse to work, especially since we will definitely have groups in S11 with multiple necromancers and they all have to run Decrepify for GR runs so they don't die as quickly. It would be neat if one can run decrepify, one frailty, one leech and then get the best of all worlds like monks/barbs/crusaders can stack their group buffs so that the group benefits from more than just one. To make things worse, curses override someone else's curse if it is the same one, even if the runes are different. This means that in a group of 2+ necros, they each have to be sure to curse different packs, otherwise someone loses their damage reduction. RGs with 2 necros running dayntee/decrepify means that one of them never gets the damage reduction unless they get adds and don't kill them.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Samara posted:

Yeah, looking forward to seeing how this works with a 3/4 man group when not everybody's running Necro (like my group). I ran my healer monk with my buddy on Necro and the extra survivability plus cyclone strike to yank everyone in makes the Necro really shine. Could see this setup plus a DH (or two) being a force to be reckoned with.

I can only comfortably finish a GR80 where my build currently is at, but my biggest problem right now with Inarius is when you die having to get your stacks back. Blood Rushing in to gain the 100% armor boost is usually good enough to cast Bone Armor again to get your 10-15 stacks, but in some cases they take me down before I can cast BA making kind of a spectacular fail cascade effect of me dying repeatedly. Its especially bad when going against a rift guardian. If I can't burn him down fast enough with LOTD + Corpse Lance and I end up dying somehow, it's a real bitch considering there's little-to-no mobs around to regain armor.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I played some Bone Spear Necro this morning with the Pestilence set. It's pretty amusing how well you can keep everything on the map locked down in a dense rift.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Necromancer Stuffs:

PestiLANCE:
I think I have all the items for this build. I have 6 pic with 3 ancients, Ancient Corpsepoop gloves, cubed the red Lance shoulders... and I can barely scrape through T6. Can someone post a video of how this is supposed to work? I thought it would be just me running around like a Locust WD, hands-free corpselancing everything but it seems like you are actually spamming bonespear and then the corpse lances don't really seem to impact anything? I have devouring aura up but Rhykker says that optimization means that you could just put Devour//Cannibalize on Numlock for a better effect?

Trash-Ghouls: this set sucks and the fact that the best Blood Rush build is Inarius Speedfarm is a crying shame.

LoN: all of our items look cool, but like DocSerrod was saying, why do we have 2 helmets/shoulders/pants/gloves/boots but only 1 belt and no bracers? Why is the bone armor amulet not a belt or bracers? It's really hard not to wonder how they are making LITERALLY every single mistake they made at Crusader launch all over again. Agree that the Thorns stuff seems egregiously tacked on without implementation, what is the point of tanky pets without a taunt?

Rathma's: as I've said, I mained Druid in D2 and have no fond memories of Necromancer armies so I actually like this build and feel like it's the one thing this class does better than the Witch Doctor. With 6pc/Jesseth/EndlessWalk/Krysben's I can comfortably farm TX-TXI with almost no deaths, so I imagine once I get the all-important Evol Nailuj Rimg TXIII should be within reach, but grinding for a single ring is like the actual worst part of Diablo 3.

Inarius:
Ok, what's the face transmog where you have a gemstone and redstripes on your face? So far my only complaint with Inarius is that the Necromancer's Transmog options seem garbage. I dyed all my Ina armor red (looks AWESOME with the gold bones) but all the hats and hoods look dooooofy and none of the scythes seem, we, um.... wicked enough? So I'm using the Tormentor.

With a few more weeks of practice I think I could easily steer a Rathma's or Inarius Necro through HC seasonal.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Pestilence seems like it could be a fun set, but some things are really off the design. For example, why the 6pc bonus doesn't buff the 2pc corpse lance seems real silly. Also, this set has the most punishing death as you lose your damage reduction stacks, your bone spear stacks, your macabre stacks, and your bone armor stacks (if you run it). A single death at the RG is so brutal. It looks like a lot of fun though and will definitely try it out much more once they tweak it. I don't know why the devs love these drat stacking mechanics that they jammed into 3 of the necro sets (with pestilence and rathma having 2 stacking mechanics, for the 4pc and 6pc).

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

Bust Rodd posted:

Necromancer Stuffs:

PestiLANCE:
I think I have all the items for this build. I have 6 pic with 3 ancients, Ancient Corpsepoop gloves, cubed the red Lance shoulders... and I can barely scrape through T6. Can someone post a video of how this is supposed to work? I thought it would be just me running around like a Locust WD, hands-free corpselancing everything but it seems like you are actually spamming bonespear and then the corpse lances don't really seem to impact anything? I have devouring aura up but Rhykker says that optimization means that you could just put Devour//Cannibalize on Numlock for a better effect?

Do you have the Krysbin ring? If you do, you want to put Lance on your hotbar with the rune that stuns for 3 seconds. You'll still use Devour to launch the lances, but now everything is going to take triple damage after getting lanced. You're still going to throw spears all over the place, but everything's going to die really fast for a while. The issue tends to be bosses, though. If you can't just immediately kill a boss, you might have to dance around around for a little while while waiting for the golem to drop enough corpses to do the job.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
does this game not have controller support?

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

spit on my clit posted:

does this game not have controller support?

There is no controller support on PC, and Blizzard has said they won't be adding it. You can get 3rd party software to do it, but it won't play the same as the console version.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
What's the best site people think for perusing builds? Gonna spend a lot of today and tomorrow loving around with Necro with my roommate, and as far as I know icyveins is kinda crappy?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I only use Icy-veins, way less bloat and have most of the builds that matter.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I prefer diablofans builds, icyveins is ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I almost feel weird for just using the skills I think look the coolest and feel the most satisfying to use, then adjusting the difficulty from there to whatever feels like the right mix of power fantasy and challenge.