Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Jade Rider posted:

If that leopard print for Touma isn't an available costume for him I will be VERY disappointed.

My sentiments exactly. That's too great an ensemble not to punch crazy monsters from the performance dimension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Jade Rider posted:

If that leopard print for Touma isn't an available costume for him I will be VERY disappointed.

Glazius posted:

My sentiments exactly. That's too great an ensemble not to punch crazy monsters from the performance dimension.

The people have spoken, Artix, you know what costume you have to get next.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I don't remember for certain, but I'm reasonably sure that every costume a main character wears is available as a battle costume at some point. Sometimes they're hideously expensive, though.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Halfway through that update, I had to run and make popcorn.

Touma rocks that ridiculous outfit :allears:

I love how mismatched the necklaces are, too. Crystals and a cow skull.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

It is disturbing how serious his face is about this nonsense.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

OutofSight posted:

Training to be a hero of justice is always serious business.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

I love that. You literally helped a girl to get senpai to notice her. :allears:

Let nobody say that this game is not committed to its premise of 'maximal anime', even if only by diffusion from a related industry.

OutofSight posted:

Touma is the hero we both need and deserve.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

OutofSight posted:

I thought it was funny. He asks him so seriously. It's the best part.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

It's a bit refreshing Touma isn't a stupid horndog and is just doing it for work reasons.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
That's why it worked.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
In the scene where they talk to girls on the streets, something I noticed with my very limited Japanese is that the translation swapped tea and coffee for some reason. While this is ultimately not important at all, I do find that rather inexplicable.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Alpha3KV posted:

In the scene where they talk to girls on the streets, something I noticed with my very limited Japanese is that the translation swapped tea and coffee for some reason. While this is ultimately not important at all, I do find that rather inexplicable.

Probably because it flows better.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Alpha3KV posted:

Maybe in Japan tea might be more popular, but in America it's by far coffee or something like that.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Alpha3KV posted:

Inviting someone to have tea (お茶をする) is commonly used as a "let's hang out and chat" type of thing, pretty similar to how English has "let's talk over some coffee." While a standard phrase, it's also used as a popular (and also kinda lame/corny?) pick-up line.

So yeah, the switch from tea to coffee in the original was witty. It doesn't really matter too much but they got the gist of it in the localization. v:shobon:v

Also adding onto the pile of "Touma rocks the jacket" remarks.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Robodog posted:

Maybe in Japan tea might be more popular, but in America it's by far coffee or something like that.
Tea is really popular almost everywhere. The USA is pretty much the only exception, and that's largely due to colonial import taxes the British levied, IIRC. Americans had to find other things to drink, because tea was expensive at the time, so coffee supplanted it.

But yeah, the swap is supposed to make it sound more like a common pick-up line.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

come to toubo dept.
and get a pic with
me! #livingthedream

quote:

hey, Itsuki, there was something I just wanted to go over with you about Ellie.
like we covered before, she's a mirage master too.
we plan on having her fight under your command as well. when we have time, I'll formally introduce you to her mirage.

And what an introduction it will be. But first, we've got a few niggling sidequests to clean up before we close out the intermission.

Like this one! Aya's got another case of stolen Performa for us.

Itsuki accepted the request "Writer's Block".

Thank you, Itsuki. Have you heard of the drama "Love-Hate Cliche"? It's an intense romance about a love-hate triangle that takes place at the Toyosu branch of the hardware store "Edomae".

This time it's Raita Torama, the writer of the show, who's having problems. He's famous for writing quickly, but he hasn't been able to make any progress with his script. I hope it's just writer's block...

I hear that he always writes at a cafe in Shibuya. Can you go check on him?

Oh no! Not Love-Hate Cliche! That's my favorite show, and it's right before the season finale! :ohdear: We'd better head for Shibuya, now!

Wasn't SIV-LIVE simply marvelous? Especially Kiria's production! Ah, meteors falling in Shibuya, and Kiria skybound! I wanted rain, you see, so I projection-mapped raindrops onto a screen, and into the sky. It hid the wires for the stage, too!

Now then... How should I produce the next event?

Say what you will, but the SIV-LIVE event was pretty slickly produced. Seems like the rumors about Hatanaka have at least some basis in reality.

And there's this guy. He's tucked back in the far corner of Shibuya, way past Carabia and the exchange that heads to the 106. I dunno why they put him so far back there, but I guess we might as well see what he wants.

Hey, you! Give my luck back at once! I can't win on these new machines without it...!

Oh, he's a pachinko player. He probably deserves whatever happened, but I guess we should see what the hell he's talking about.

Hey, don't you pretend you don't know what I'm talkin' about! That item is super rare! When'd you steal it from me!? Was it when I stopped at the convience store? Or when I was eatin' ramen? Maybe when I was smokin' by the station!?

That's my good luck charm! Give it back, drat you!

(Fine, I guess I'll search the area...)

Man, it sure was nice of him to detail exactly where he's been.

Sure enough, a handful of shinies have appeared around the area. They're all cheap, consumable items like an umbrella (minor lance damage) or a flashlight (item version of Lightoma), and none of them seem like they're quite what he's looking for, so maybe we'll come back to him in a bit.

A production team is hanging out in front of the cafe, lamenting about how they'll have to cancel the series. Sounds like we found our man.

Polygamy suddenly becomes legalized...and Koichiro, Nanami, and Makiko get married...and live happily ever after...

You expect me to believe this man is the head writer for a show called Love-Hate Cliche? This is some weak poo poo, game. :colbert:

Anyway, Aya tells us to hit up the 106 building to find our wayward demon friend. Sounds like a plan!

Just before the Hee-Ho Mart, there's an inconspicuous rack that has the magazine we need for the kid at the department store. But which one could it possibly be???

Mama Toujours... A parenting magazine with toy reviews, family recipes, articles on kids' fashion and activities... Hey, it even comes with a section of coloring pages!

After all, there's no need to get a copy of Food Informer. Itsuki already subscribes to that one, and what else could he possibly need?

(Eh? There's something at the man's feet... You think that might be...?)

Huh? ...Wh-Whoa! It must've fallen out! How dumb! It's always where you least expect, right? Sorry 'bout that, man. Hahaha!

Say, what's with the look? Let's jus' let bygones be bygones, right? Look, I'm sorry for accusin' ya. Tell ya what, I'll win big and make it up to you! Here I come, all you new machines!

Request complete! Obtained Glass Cateye as thanks!

The Glass Cateye is actually a really solid accessory for the moment, granting both Strength and Magic +2, along with a slight armor boost. It works best on someone like Itsuki who frequently mixes magic and physicals, but Tsubasa could also get some decent mileage out of it.

Now, back to the department store to give that girl her magazine.

Oh, that's the magazine I was talking about! Thank you, mister! Now I have something to color!

Request complete! Obtained Colored Pencil as thanks.

The colored pencil is a lot less useful, granting Skill +10 and not a whole lot else. I suppose Touma might find it mildly useful if you feel that he's not accurate enough for you, but this is almost certainly going to be a downgrade on everyone else.

This guy is a little harder to find, but that's more due to the fact that Illusory 106 has a lot of nooks and crannies to search, on top of having 7 floors.

This time around, we have a pair of Skellingtons and a Bacillus, all L30. It's a significantly easier fight than the last one for several reasons, but really, most of it comes down to "We've got a better selection of skills and there's a lot less of them".

It does let me show a combo breaker, though. The Skellingtons null ice, so there's a red frowny face next to Kiria's attack in the session lineup, as well as her portrait going all red and glitchy in the background.

Really, the only serious threat here is the Bacillus getting too lucky with Marin Karin and charming the team. Even using a Tier 2 spell, these guys do less than half of Tsubasa's health per hit.

Dancer's Gift just gives Tsubasa Endless Song, which functions identically to Kiria's version.

And Kiria herself picks up Bufula. It's not a massive power increase, but it's nice to have all the same.

Shortly thereafter, Itsuki picks up this, which unlocks Great Director Itsuki. It does exactly what you think it does.

I thought she might falter, but when she thought only of meeting with her fans, she moved past it... Hah. How very Tsubasa.

Perhaps the ends justified the means, but talking to all of those women... Bah, I'm still uneasy. What if this happens again?

Well, that worked out. Maiko's safe and sound, and no casualties involved... So, how was it? Nice to have some hexes on your side?

Since we're hanging around in the Bloom Garden anyway, I figured it was a good opportunity to catch up with the mirages.

With the demon in I-106 taken care of, our writer friend is back to normal. Let's see what he's come up with for the season finale.

Nanami wavers amidst Sojiro's love! The cash register clerk is hurt and betrayed! Koichiro wrestles with his dilemma! This'll really spice up the final episode! Heheheh! More love! More hate!

Tch, it would be a waste to let it end here! A sequel! Yeah, I'll write Love-Hate Cliche 2!

(It looks like everything will be okay now. Let's head back to the office.)

Good work, Itsuki. I'm really looking forward to the finale of Cliche, so this is a huge relief.

Itsuki, make sure you don't date more than one girl at a time, okay? Because that only leads to drama.

*giggle* Just kidding. If I hear any other suspicious rumors, I'll let you know.

Aya, please. You're assuming that Itsuki could date *one* girl, let alone multiple. He doesn't even realize your sister's feelings, I don't think we have to worry about him on that front.

Anyway, that's it for Intermission 2. Time to head for Chapter 3!

:siren: Strike a Pose :siren:

U-Understood!

Okay, why don't we take a little break before we go on. Next is showing off your wardrobe and accessories!

Tsubasa managed to take a big step forward with all her modeling work... So now it's your turn, Itsuki. Didn't this whole experience get you thinking at all?

I had no idea so much detail went into this... You and Mr. Horinozawa are so passionate about these photo shoots.

Hm... If you can feel our passion, then you might be on the right track to becoming a true professional. Amateurs usually don't recognize the emotion that goes into making those photos... Looks as though you're improving as a member of the industry, too.

Hey, hey! Break time's over! Back to training! Move, move, move!

Itsuki Aoi has grown as an entertainer and has become "New Talent"! Itsuki has acquired the special peformance Strike a Pose!

Strike a Pose is another incredibly situational, but extremely powerful skill. For 2 SP, it just literally gives the rest of your party a free turn. Its effectiveness really depends on what kind of situation you're in and what your current status is, because 2 SP is pretty pricey to use for healing up from a rough spot when that would give you two Debut Smiles.

Next time, we're headed to Chapter 3 and the return of Barry. See you then!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Aw yes, it's time for Sessions to get ludicrous.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Artix posted:

Raita the writer

:v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Torama Raita the drama writer.

Ace Attorney-level naming right here.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how there are minor performa thefts in addition to the big production numbers.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Itsuki is now becoming more idol like!

We shall have fans everywhere soon enough!

Or not.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I used Strike a Pose a fair amount. Itsuki tended to get separated, order wise, from the others and being able to drop everything with him and get a revival or heal or kill in before things go south was great.
Also useful for the occasional savage enemy.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
Well now that Itsuki is a male model I feel fully justified in making Zoolander comparisons the next time he's oblivious.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Edvarius posted:

Well now that Itsuki is a male model I feel fully justified in making Zoolander comparisons the next time he's oblivious.

I feel like in this particular instance it would be insulting to Zoolander.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

:siren: A 3D Angel From the Heavens :siren:

Oh, yes, I have everything... but I hope you remembered to bring your phone charger this time, Uncle Barry.

Ohhh nooo! Gah, I'm so dumb! Guess I forgot to bring it today too!

*Sigh* Not again. I don't need mine for the rest of the day... Here, you can borrow it.

Oh, thank you, Mamori! You truly are a real live 3D angel from the heavens!

An angel? I don't know about that.

Mamori, isn't it time for you to head back to the studio? Ayaha's waiting for you.

Oh, I almost forgot!

Come on, Itsuki, send her off with a good word.

Good luck with the recording. I'll see you later.

Thank you. I'll do my best! Goodbye then.

You don't have to say it like that!

Can you believe him, Itsuki? Barry keeps "forgetting" his charger on purpose so he can borrow Mamori's.

Wh-What's wrong about that!? I'm the founding member of the Mamori Minamoto unofficial fan club!

I'm pretty sure a fan club doesn't really have anything to do with this...

That pure innocence, that heartwarming smile, and that cuteness that just makes you want to protect her...! Mamori is too good - too pure - for this world, and her unofficial fan club will shield her from the world's corruption!

Oh, I just heard about that recently. It's the show that Mamori's on, right?

Mhm. It's really doing fantastic in the ratings.

It's all thanks to Mamori. She's the most popular child star on the air!

As you can see, she's getting a lot of fans like...this. What I'd LIKE to do is use her popularity to give her a chance to sing, but...

Now that you mention it... I remember Mamori saying that she wanted to work jobs in which she can sing.

She's a good girl and a hard worker. She does like the job she has...but I'd like to get her some singing gigs.

Mamori makes a great hostess, but she really loves to sing... I can't wait to see her shine onstage as a singer! Which is why, as the head of the unofficial fan club, I swear I'll find something I can do to help her!

Yeah, I noticed...

You'd never believe he used to be that incredible guitarist... You know, he even used to be a Mirage Master.

Wh- Really!?

Yes. But during a battle with a powerful Mirage, he ended up sacrificing all the power he had, and he lost his Mirage...

Barry felt responsible, and he fell into an awful depression... That was about when he quit the band. And then... Well, a lot happened in between, but now he's ended up our instructor.

I never knew Barry had a past like that... So... Since Mamori works with this company, does that mean she's a Mirage Master too?

Mamori's not a Master. She has the potential to be one, however.

Potential? Then does she also know about the Mirages?

No. I haven't told her anything yet.

She does have the aptitude... but I don't know if I want someone that young mixed into this fight. So, Itsuki... if the worst happens, I want you to be there for her. Okay?

Understood.

Oh... it's about time I head out, too. See you later, Itsuki.

Given everything else so far, Barry being a former master isn't much of a surprise. The obsession over Mamori is a little creepy though.

A few days later...

O-Oh no... Now I'm getting all nervous thinking about how many people actually saw me in it...

What're you so anxious for...? You're in show business. The whole point is to get everyone's eyes on you.

Wha-!?

Mamori?

What's gotten into you all of a sudden?

L-Live on TV! Special feature! I've been chosen to be on "Serenade"! It's been my dream to get to perform on it!

Uh... "Serenade"?

"Soulful Serenade"! Um, most people just call it "Serenade." It's an hour-long show on Daitou TV for traditional Japanese ballads, but they want to do a special two-hour show.

Oh, "Serenade" is so amazing! All my favorite artists are going to be performing!

So...you're saying you'll get to perform in this show you really like?

...Barry did?

He said he was friends with someone on the show. Apparently his friend watches "Microwavin' with Mamorin," too!

That's great that you get to be on such a big show... Congratulations, Mamori.

Thank you! Oh, I'm so excited! I have to go to rehearsal now. I'll do my best!

Mamori left the office...

Huh. So Barry does have some connections that are worth a drat. I guess being the president of the Mamori fanclub isn't entirely showboating.

Barry's with her, so she should be fine. I'm sure she's relaxed and enjoying being on the show.

Putting that aside... Itsuki.

Yes?

There's... actually something that we were able to find out during that whole Horinozawa incident. Apparently he started acting differently when he took a job from Daiba TV to shoot some promotional photos.

Daiba TV... That's where I had my audition...

So that network was involved in both cases: Tsubasa's audition, and the incident with Mr. Horinozawa... That's a little suspicious. Do you think Daiba TV is involved in some way...?

Seems plausible. I think there's a good chance the one behind all this is someone within the company.

You think so too, huh? I don't want to jump to conclusions... but we don't exactly have any other leads.

Why would it be a bad thing?

People go in and out of those stations all the time.

Oh, right... That is true...

Then again, we may have our winning ticket here. I'll just have to make sure all our numbers line up first.

quote:

Currently working hard!

I should be able to make it back before Mamori's part starts... but just in case could you record it for me?

So that's our setup for Chapter 3. If "The Next Generation" wasn't subtle enough for you, it's mostly about Barry and his relationship to Mamori, so we'll see how that ends up unfolding.

Anyway, we're given control back here, but it lasts for literally five steps before the next cutscene starts. At least there's a good reason for it this time.

:siren: Explaining Myself to the Incompetent :siren:

Well, look who decided to make a house call.

So... this is it.

Huh? Y-Yashiro!?

What exactly are you doing here...?

Hm. No sign of her.

Tiki!?

Ah - you mean...the Uta-loid Tiki...?

You know Itsuki, call me crazy but I don't think playing dumb is going to work here.

No. Not the Uta-loid Tiki - the Mirage Tiki. I know Fortuna is hiding her here somewhere.

...What do you want with her?

It's not your concern, and I doubt you'd understand. Explaining myself to the incompetent is a luxury I do not have.

I'm not going to take someone to see my friend if they won't tell me their intentions.

"Friend," is it...? Ludicrous. Hand over Tiki - that is my one demand.

Sorry, but I can't do that.

I see... Then I hardly need waste any more time on you.

There...

I can't believe hiding our secret spirit garden in the closet wasn't a fool-proof plan. How did he see through our cunning security measures?

...What do you plan on doing to Tiki!?

I warn you: do not try to stop me. I can't afford to waste any more of my time on your delusions. If you mean to stand in my way, you shall suffer the consequences!

Wait, what?

Oh. Well then. We could be here for hours dissecting this Nomura-rear end outfit, but that's kind of secondary to "Oh yeah, we have to fight Yashiro now."

Yashiro's a Mirage Master too!?

...You will stand down.

No... I refuse to!

So Yashiro is L35 and is a boss in all but name, including getting multiple turns and whatnot.

His primary method of attack is to toss out a pair of Cleaves. He doesn't hit particularly hard, so this is what you want to see whenever possible. After all, he has far more damaging attacks up his sleeve.

Like this one. :v:

Yeah, he's an event boss you're supposed to lose to. I don't know what the exact trigger is, but it's either a couple turns or knocking off about a third of his health.

Do you simply not understand the difference in our strength? Hand Tiki over. Immediately.

Guh... Everyone all right...?

S-Somehow...

H-He's tough...

Hm. Insufficient, even with Kurono.

Guh...

Who... Who are you? How do you know who I am?

It's me - Yashiro Tsurugi. ...You don't recognize me? We met that day... Five years ago!

I-I'm sorry... I... don't remember... anything.

Nngh...

Big brother!

So... Tiki truly has lost all her memories?

Y-Yeah...

...I see. Then...I suppose it was all for nothing.

For nothing? What do you mean?

And with that, he just walks out. It's not entirely clear what this was about or what Yashiro wants, but one thing has been made abundantly clear: Yashiro is *not* our friend.

How did Yashiro know about Tiki...?

He was involved in the disappearance five years ago as well. Although I'm not too clear on the details...

What?

His father, Chikaomi Tsurugi, disappeared onstage. That trauma might be why he only fights alone...

Are our strengths...really that far apart? How humiliating... I thought I'd be evenly matched against Yashiro...but I didn't stand a chance. If I only were stronger...

We just have to do it our way. We'll get stronger together, Kiria, and we'll win next time.

Yeah... Guess you're right. There's no point getting depressed over it.

Suddenly, Ellie runs in. Sure would have been nice to have you here five minutes ago!

I finally found you guys! Something awful's happened!

It sure has, Ellie. :haw:

The "Serenade" studio is being attacked by Mirages!

O-Oh. That's uh, less good. Also yeah, surprise, we're already at the Chapter 3 dungeon.

What the hell!? Itsuki, what do we do?

...Let's head back to the office.

:siren: Punching Out the President :siren:

Is that who I think it is? :allears:

The recording studio for "Serenade" was Daitou TV...

So a Mirage incident occurred somewhere other than Daiba TV...

Yeah. Looks like we probably shouldn't focus on them after all.

It sure is, Tsubasa. It sure is. :allears:

Yeah. There's no mistaking it...

Barry's not a Master anymore...so he must have not been able to stop the Mirage, and it took him over.

This isn't good... Wait, that means that Mamori's also-

She's in danger... She's still at the "Serenade" studio.

I'm worried about them. Let's head to the TV station!

Sounds like a plan!

You too, Ellie?

I'm a Master as well. Or did you forget?

Oh, right... You are...

Wha- Don't tell me you ACTUALLY forgot!?

Anyway, if our friend's in danger, we save them, even if it means punching out the president - THAT's Hollywood! And who knows? Maybe Virion and I will get to show you some flashy sharpshooting archery, too.

I'll be counting on it.

All right, onward to Daitou TV. We're rescuing Mamori!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yashiro is clearly the mastermind behind everything. Better go give him a wedgie and drop him into a lot of old cheese.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Really Pants posted:

Yashiro is clearly the mastermind behind everything. Better go give him a wedgie and drop him into a lot of old cheese.

Nah, old cheese is too good for him. How does rancid butter sound?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'll allow it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Artix posted:

I finally found you guys! Something awful's happened!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS! :argh:

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
The bit we get about Barry's backstory put an odd thought in my mind when I first saw it: Barry used to be a Mirage Master. He had his day job, but he was also secretly a hero who'd transform and put on a flashy costume to fight monsters from another world. But then he lost all of that. And now? Now he obsesses over magical girl anime, stuff typically about people who transform and put on flashy costumes to battle monsters from other worlds. In an extremely odd way, he's sort of a crippled vet who tries to cope by immersing himself in war movies.

And oh yeah, Yashiro's costume is completely ridiculous. I swear it almost has many belts as Lulu's dress.

Edvarius fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 4, 2017

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Edvarius posted:

And oh yeah, Yashiro's costume is completely ridiculous. I swear it almost as many belts as Lulu's dress.
Are we sure that Nomura didn't ghost-design Yashiro when nobody was looking?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

reminds me of that one form Vincent had in Dirge of Cerberus with the gun wings.

I suspect he isn't our baddy, but the sourpuss last member of our party to join after finding out being a loner sucks

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Robindaybird posted:

I suspect he isn't our baddy, but the sourpuss last member of our party to join after finding out being a loner sucks

We haven't seen a single evil Mirage Master. Furthermore, he's a Myrmidon - and considering the long-rear end hair, his Mirage is Navarre. The Navarre archetype always starts as enemies before being convinced to join your side.

I expect him to join after Tsubasa convinces him to do so. That's how it went for Caeda and Navarre, after all.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Blaze Dragon posted:

We haven't seen a single evil Mirage Master. Furthermore, he's a Myrmidon - and considering the long-rear end hair, his Mirage is Navarre. The Navarre archetype always starts as enemies before being convinced to join your side.

I expect him to join after Tsubasa convinces him to do so. That's how it went for Caeda and Navarre, after all.
I haven't beaten the game yet, but I'm completely expecting at least one evil Mirage Master to show up during the plot. There's just not enough tension if all of the enemies are psychic murderghosts from another world. Gotta have that human "traitor" to up the ante. I'm personally suspecting that one flamboyant guy who keeps popping up from time to time.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, that guy has some fuckin' issues. Was he trying to rise to the top of the idol charts to draw out these Performa creatures?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Y'all obsessing over the Yashiro reveal, and I'm just over here loving that Barry's mirage master outfit is also his old heavy metal band corpsepaint outfit.

Barry is great.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

AradoBalanga posted:

Are we sure that Nomura didn't ghost-design Yashiro when nobody was looking?

Nomura doesn't ghost-design anything, if he does any character design for a game, he gets front page, titlescreen billing.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

RandallODim posted:

Y'all obsessing over the Yashiro reveal, and I'm just over here loving that Barry's mirage master outfit is also his old heavy metal band corpsepaint outfit.

Barry is great.

That's his 'taken over by a mirage' outfit.

Aww, we lost to Yashiro. I actually thought he was gonna kidnap Tiki.

Anyway, don't worry Barry, Mamori. We will be coming to save you!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

RandallODim posted:

Barry is great.
Yeah, I had to bite my metaphorical tongue when people were lamenting that Barry not being a party member meant not getting to see exactly this after his introduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Artix posted:

Ohhh nooo! Gah, I'm so dumb! Guess I forgot to bring it today too!
This is one of my favorite Engrish lines from Barry in this game. He just goes "OH, MISTAKE!" for the first part, and the way he delivers it is absolutely hilarious, on top of the gigantic ham Barry is in the first place.

quote:

Mamori's nervous shaking and bouncing with her hands out like that when she rushes into the office and delivers this line is one of my favorite animations from what I saw of this game. Dunno why, it just sticks out to me as something completely in character for her, and absolutely cute alongside to boot.

quote:

Anyway, if our friend's in danger, we save them, even if it means punching out the president - THAT's Hollywood! And who knows? Maybe Virion and I will get to show you some flashy sharpshooting archery, too.
For those who missed it and didn't already know, confirmation of Ellie's Mirage. So for all those who guessed correctly, give yourself a hand for understanding some basic Japanese terms for weaponry and figuring out the right Fire Emblem character from one of a couple of games, I guess.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 4, 2017

• Locked thread