Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Guy Goodbody posted:

Supergirl said her cousin works with a guy like Green Arrow. The Implication being that it's Batman.
No, she said her cousin worked with a vigilante who was full of demons. The name Green Arrow never came up in that conversation.

http://screenrant.com/supergirl-season-2-batman/

:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I clicked on your link and a video of a closeup of a man with a goatee started playing so I turned it off immediately.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Supergirl stands on top of a high building and shrieks "Batman" into the night. Fans are delighted, yet debate intently: did she mean that Batman?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Supergirl stands on top of a high building and shrieks "Batman" into the night. Fans are delighted, yet debate intently: did she mean that Batman?

They're too terrified to even use the words bat and man in the same sentence because the WB lawyers would descend on them like the Visigoth hordes, so that's never gonna happen :v:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

nine-gear crow posted:

They're too terrified to even use the words bat and man in the same sentence because the WB lawyers would descend on them like the Visigoth hordes, so that's never gonna happen :v:

I think it's more the show runners wanting to separate them then the WB lawyers, they had Superman on WB after all and he's just as notable.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

They should set up that a new character is gonna be introduced, and keep hinting that it's going to be Batman, but it turns out it's Manbat.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I liked season 3 a lot. I am tired of them ending seasons on cliffhangers though. A cliffhanger makes you tune in next week. As to Barry traveling back in time, or a giant wormhole about to destroy the world, or Barry going to speed jail, I find it very hard to care or believe this will result in any significant change to the show. Week to week you can see changes or reveals to the season you're watching, and that's interesting, but all these season enders are no "Mr. Worf... Fire!"

I'm going to watch next season anyway because Candice Patton exists.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You know what pissed me off about this season? The thing with the Accelerated Man. I was really hoping we'd get some Steampunk Flash in here.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Would Steampunk Flash give off coal smoke instead of lightning?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

FactsAreUseless posted:

She obviously meant Bat Manuel.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

She actually said "bhaat, man?", she's just looking for some good Indian places.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

nelson posted:

She obviously meant Bat Manuel.

Now I want this crossover.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Supergirl: I'm visiting Batman.
Everyone: <Looks askew>
Supergirl: It's a place in Turkey. Just need to get away.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Clearly she meant Midnighter.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Nanda Parbat, man.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Burning_Monk posted:

I think it's more the show runners wanting to separate them then the WB lawyers, they had Superman on WB after all and he's just as notable.

You mean the Red Streak?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

cirus posted:

You mean the Red Streak Red-Blue Blur?

Fixed

Hooray for being stuck in the hospital for a week a few years ago and watching way too much Smallville...

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
"Hey guys, I want you to meet my new friend, Batman."

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
:rip: that kids parents.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

They have all had references made to them. They've mentioned Ferris Air, Bloodhaven, and Supergirl said her cousin worked with a guy like Green Arrow

The Ferris Air mention is from the Flash pilot, right? They do Barry's speed test on an airstrip at Ferris Air.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alter Ego posted:

The Ferris Air mention is from the Flash pilot, right? They do Barry's speed test on an airstrip at Ferris Air.

Not just the pilot, but from Arrow as well (can't remember where though), and near the end of season 1 of Flash.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ollie meets Amanda Waller in a bar and a guy in a bomber jacket with the name JORDAN walks past the camera.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Barry also runs all the way to Coast City for a second or two in one episode, which is were Hal Jordan and Ferris Air are based out of.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They might as well just let WB have Green Lantern he isn't doing poo poo.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rumors just came out today about a Green Lantern Corps movie that will see forty-something former military test pilot and Green Lantern veteran Hal Jordan mentoring a twenty-something former military sniper and fresh recruit John Stewart.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

GreenNight posted:

Rumors just came out today about a Green Lantern Corps movie that will see forty-something former military test pilot and Green Lantern veteran Hal Jordan mentoring a twenty-something former military sniper and fresh recruit John Stewart.

As long as Guy Gardner is nowhere near it, I'm fine with that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

YOU SON OF A BITCH

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Why do you hate fun?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

As long as the movie makes it clear that Stewart is a better Lantern and has more willpower than Jordan, I'm fine with that.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

As long as the movie makes it clear that Stewart is a better Lantern and has more willpower than Jordan, I'm fine with that.

If it's matching current canon, Stewart is the better Lantern member (i.e. can lead and organize and command effectively), but Jordan is more powerful.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Guy beat Arkillo down with his bare hands, no ring.

Err'body else ain't poo poo.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hope it shows him blowing up a planet because oh man do I not like John Stewart.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Sir Potato posted:

"Hey guys, I want you to meet my new friend, Batman."

TIL Javanese is not a misspelling but an actual race. I knew of Java but never thought of what they called themselves.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy A. Person posted:

Me wanting to stay up late to watch this show when I was 6 years old is what started my obsession with the Flash.

why am I not surprised you're a goon, thawne

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

why am I not surprised you're a goon, thawne

[e/n] I got super obsessed with this jerk but also I CREATED him?? what now (56g erased in time paradox)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So according to Cavanagh's pictures, S04 E01 is called "The Flash Reborn"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

And (spoiler on new episode) there is a time jump

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GreenNight posted:

So what else is new? :v:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

GreenNight posted:

This isn't even a spoiler. Every season always opens up with a time jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Scyantific posted:

This isn't even a spoiler. Every season always opens up with a time jump.

Yeah, they like to keep their shows more or less in sync with real time. So they hop over the summer hiatus months.

• Locked thread