Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Axetrain posted:

Yeah it worked after I reloaded a save and researched it again, odd. How come a few of my Synths are enslaved but others aren't, do ones I've already build not get that status?

E: Nevermind they're all slaves apparently.
Provided you are materialist, go to policies and give artificial intelligence citizen rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Kind of want a game option to turn everyone repugnant. Everyone finds everyone else to be equally gross and weird. "Ew, look at that guy, he's all dry. Ugh, that guy's slime is a horrible colour. Oh dear lord are those ones talking from their eating holes?"

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Wiz posted:

Make them repugnant and they'll spread Xenophobia wherever they go.

Wait, this is a thing? What other traits cause alignment shifts like that?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Archonex posted:

Wait, this is a thing? What other traits cause alignment shifts like that?

A few off the top of my mind:
Repugnant will increase Xenophobe ethics attraction for other species on the same planet.
Charismatic will increase Xenophile instead.
Strong/Very Strong makes pops more inclined to militarism.
Natural Scientists (any of the 3) makes pops more inclined towards materialism.

There's also other non-trait attraction effects, like how diplomacy with Spiritualists (particularly migration treaties) will greatly increase Spiritualist attraction to represent missionaries and such, and a species that are having their members purged by another species will get *very* high Xenophobe attraction.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Wiz posted:

Repugnant will increase Xenophobe ethics attraction for other species on the same planet.

There's also other non-trait attraction effects, like how diplomacy with Spiritualists (particularly migration treaties) will greatly increase Spiritualist attraction to represent missionaries and such, and a species that are having their members purged by another species will get *very* high Xenophobe attraction.

Decadent to authoritarian and weak to pacifist are some other ones I can recall

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Wiz posted:

Well drat. Is that mentioned anywhere in the game or did I miss that?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Archonex posted:

Well drat. Is that mentioned anywhere in the game or did I miss that?

You can see what's currently affecting your ethics attraction by hovering over a ethic in the faction screen. There's no place that shows all possible factors though.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Genetic engineering garbage species report: wound up with an 8~ species empire going xenophobic and trying to purge the populations of all of nearly all of its planets. A highly successful plan, the only problem being that said empire was my vassal. :discourse:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

GamingHyena posted:

Same with Fanatic Purifiers. I've got an enclave in my territory who has 100 trust and would probably love to trade me things and boost my empire but my only diplomatic option is "gently caress OFF XENO SCUM"

Blow them up to receive free stuff!

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

PittTheElder posted:

Blow them up to receive free stuff!

Do AI empires interact with enclaves?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Ok so now that I've turned my population into synthetics does my robo-empire still need food for anything?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Axetrain posted:

Ok so now that I've turned my population into synthetics does my robo-empire still need food for anything?

You still need to eat your slaves in order to enjoy the taste.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Wiz posted:

I never knew this. Whoa.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I dig the sociology/demographic stuff in this game, shallow as it is.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
What exactly does ethics divergence do? I've never had a noticable issue with playing fast and loose with private colony ships and I'm worried I just haven't noticed the issues :saddowns:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
In a nutshell, the further away from your home planet the harder it gets to keep your pops one type of ethics, it's not really a problem unless you have traits that increase divergence.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Wiz posted:

Is it at all possible to add some more granularity to stuff like this, on a species by species basis? It's always felt weird to me that you can't really recreate the sci-fi trope of having, say, a wise intellectual species that get along fine with humans and most aliens, but loathe the Repugnant Warrior Race after the atrocities perpetrated in the Blah Blah Wars, etc. Like, I know that creates an opinion malus, but it's done on an empire basis, right? So if those wise intellectual pops are in another empire they won't give a poo poo that their brothers across the border are being devoured alive.

Fuligin fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 4, 2017

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Wiz posted:

Incidentally I think this is broken. I purged a bunch of xenos with the Cleanse Planet wargoal, and it shot my own species' Xenophobe attraction through the roof for some reason.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Sounds like it's working as intended.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

PittTheElder posted:

Incidentally I think this is broken. I purged a bunch of xenos with the Cleanse Planet wargoal, and it shot my own species' Xenophobe attraction through the roof for some reason.

It's very in this year.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Everyone are more or less so pissed off at me that if I declare a war again, entire universe comes after me :smith:. Figures that everyone else are democrats and bible thumpers in their shifty little federations. The game didn't exactly make it easy for the two or three materialist empires.

But I want me some fallen empire tech. People don't get all that much fussy about liberation wars? Was thinking of "liberating" a FE. Just a quick operation to hump their fleet and snag their weapon tech, if that's doable?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Just got the Deluxe Bundle off the Steam Sale! What should I start with, what are some good tips, and when should I try out mods?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Modding seems really all over the place right now. I use the workshop for stellaris and half my library has been updated to the beta patch while the other half has not. I need all these mods to work, dang it :argh:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Also why is my frame rate constantly dropping to 6 FPS whenever something moves? Alright now what settings do I need to fix?

(GTX 960 Laptop)

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

Modding seems really all over the place right now. I use the workshop for stellaris and half my library has been updated to the beta patch while the other half has not. I need all these mods to work, dang it :argh:

Honestly I've found most mods work with new patches unless that patch changed something the mod needed, just load em all up and see if it still works.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Some cool poo poo:

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/882194652157415425

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/882195417026494464

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/882195606642601984

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Assume they'll be locked behind tech or ascension perks. Good way of tackling some of the outstanding issues from 1.6.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh man I'm finally going to get to play as the Borg, finally

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Danaru posted:

:same:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Blorg Borg?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Danaru posted:

Being able to play as the many will also be cool.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Actually, what about hive mind cyborgs? When is that going to be a thing?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
One of his pictures was a synth hive mind empire. It could have been an FE, or a story faction (the dialogue made me think they might be the sanctuary guardians).

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
There is a mystery "blue brain" authority type icon that only seems selectable when you have a hive mind.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

DatonKallandor posted:

One of his pictures was a synth hive mind empire. It could have been an FE, or a story faction (the dialogue made me think they might be the sanctuary guardians).
That's the new synth FE. I don't know if their dev diary actually got linked here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-75-fallen-machine-empire.1032960/

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

GunnerJ posted:

There is a mystery "blue brain" authority type icon that only seems selectable when you have a hive mind.

Holy gently caress yeah

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Truga posted:

Actually, what about hive mind cyborgs? When is that going to be a thing?
I just want psionically ascendable hive minds so that I can play as Malkavian Madness Network.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Grouchio posted:

Also why is my frame rate constantly dropping to 6 FPS whenever something moves? Alright now what settings do I need to fix?

(GTX 960 Laptop)

This is very similar to what I experienced. Go into the GeForce control panel and there are a few places where you can set the default preference for video rendering device. I think PhysX in particular was the culprit for me. By default everything was set to auto. I forced it to the gpu and it helped my framerate dramatically

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ugato posted:

This is very similar to what I experienced. Go into the GeForce control panel and there are a few places where you can set the default preference for video rendering device. I think PhysX in particular was the culprit for me. By default everything was set to auto. I forced it to the gpu and it helped my framerate dramatically
And it worked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Anticheese posted:

Blorg Borg?

• Locked thread