Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Joementum posted:

Barack Obama

grading on a curve, but probably the best since FDR

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is another scenario where I think we would be looking to state governors / city mayors to handle stuff, much like when Trump pulled out of Paris the states/cities stepped in to say they'd be doing it anyway

The problem with that is the biggest thing local leaders do in that situation is coordinating the respones between the various local, national, NGO,etc. groups. When there's no national response, there's only so much the local guys can do

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Yossarian-22 posted:

hosed up if true

LBJ is a contender too, but there's a rather obvious blemish on that record. You can argue whether his achievements outweigh that compared to Obama's much more meager domestic policies and multiple foreign policy blunders.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The only reason greyhound racing is legal and cock fighting is illegal is because of racism

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Being a racing dog would be cool

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm a transplant from Florida (the part that's essentially an honorary part of the South) working there on contract in Warsaw and commuting from Fort Wayne (because they ran out of room in town to house people). I don't know if the move is an improvement (the food variety is 100% worse I think)

Fort Wayne is kinda weird in that it's the 2nd biggest city in the state, only nobody in the rest of the state ever hears anything about it or has any clue what's going on in it. I've lived in Indy and Bloomington for over 20 years combined and Fort Wayne has come up maybe like half a dozen times?

Looking in from the outside it looks like it isn't the worst place to live - it's no Anderson or Connersville and they're the top of the heap in terms of the rest of the state

Warsaw though, yeesh

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JsZbSzMi08

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yossarian-22 posted:

hosed up if true

That we have to go back decades to find a decent president is hosed up, I agree

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

The only reason greyhound racing is legal and cock fighting is illegal is because of racism

Most of the kennel/racetrack workers are Hispanic (and often illegal immigrants) Same goes for horse racing.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Joementum posted:

LBJ is a contender too, but there's a rather obvious blemish on that record. You can argue whether his achievements outweigh that compared to Obama's much more meager domestic policies and multiple foreign policy blunders.
Joe, if you had to choose between Canadian or US citizenship right now, which is it?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The problem with that is the biggest thing local leaders do in that situation is coordinating the respones between the various local, national, NGO,etc. groups. When there's no national response, there's only so much the local guys can do

what if the local leaders set up a national government

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Joe, if you had to choose between Canadian or US citizenship right now, which is it?

part of the oath you take to become a canadian citizen includes renouncing all foreign maple syrups, so it's a no go for him

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lamo they were a year off

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nichael posted:

remember when they said the left's love for Obama was like a cult?

I don't because I can't remember anything from before the Escalator.

B.E. = before escalator. As in I graduated in 1985 B.E.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/882065898697261060

glad that's cleared up

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Joementum posted:

Jimmy Carter, for all his flaws, had a pretty decent "do nothing" foreign policy when he wasn't selling weapons to Mujahideen rebels or Indonesia. An LBJ/Carter hybrid would have been the best president since Lincoln

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Canadian easily. If you've ever had to interact with health insurance billing, this isn't a hard choice, even though I have what would be considered a "platinum" plan and hate the idea of monarchy with every fiber of my being.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jabronie posted:

what if the local leaders set up a national government

I think that's called secession, or a coup. Either way, it doesn't have a great history

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

why is baloogans probe still waiting in the ding dang mod queue

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Joementum posted:

Canadian easily. If you've ever had to interact with health insurance billing, this isn't a hard choice, even though I have what would be considered a "platinum" plan and hate the idea of monarchy with every fiber of my being.

the guy from due south isnt really the king of canada i was just joking when i said that

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Oh good I'm happy to see the "president isn't mentally healthy at all, so what?" defense spinning up so fast

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
we are all kings in canada

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

good lord man, have some self-respect

at least raise your standards to a Miller

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Squizzle posted:

(((mods))) did it

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
whatup goons i was gone for a few days how was the hitler page

is DJ trump still president??

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Fort Wayne is kinda weird in that it's the 2nd biggest city in the state, only nobody in the rest of the state ever hears anything about it or has any clue what's going on in it. I've lived in Indy and Bloomington for over 20 years combined and Fort Wayne has come up maybe like half a dozen times?

Looking in from the outside it looks like it isn't the worst place to live - it's no Anderson or Connersville and they're the top of the heap in terms of the rest of the state

Warsaw though, yeesh

There is one nice bar in town that I know of and it's otherwise a general cultural wasteland that survives due to the existence of the fresh blood that cycles in to work at the Orthopedics companies there.

Surprised it's not more.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Squizzle posted:

Hasn't he been on probation for a few days now?

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sullat posted:

Or they try to pray the infection away instead of using heathen antibiotics. Adults can make those decisions, but children have the right to have someone who's not a complete idiot making these types of decisions.

I come from a family of Christian Scientists, this happens now way more than hits the news. I really enjoyed rubella in my early 20s, lemme tell ya

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

GobiasIndustries posted:

Hasn't he been on probation for a few days now?

He came back and asked for a longer probe

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

JosefStalinator posted:

whatup goons i was gone for a few days how was the hitler page

is DJ trump still president??

nah DJ from roseanne atm

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chunky Salsa posted:

He came back and asked for a longer probe

Oh, well.....RIP Baloogan then

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think that's called secession, or a coup. Either way, it doesn't have a great history

Well it was tried once and succeeded. It was tried again later and failed.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

change my name posted:

You have come to a yard called Gor! *whipcrack*

Lol forever

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

There is one nice bar in town that I know of and it's otherwise a general cultural wasteland that survives due to the existence of the fresh blood that cycles in to work at the Orthopedics companies there.

Surprised it's not more.

Warsaw I take it? Yeah that sounds about right

that's pretty much best case scenario for most Indiana towns

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xelkelvos posted:

Well it was tried once and succeeded. It was tried again later and failed.

somebdoy count it up, are there more successful coups or failed coups

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I can't believe how excited I am about the Zuck! campaign!

Go FULL CUCK for Mark Zuck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

• Locked thread