Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Give me your tired, your poor, your brain-dead babies yearning for the sweet release of death :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
gently caress lawn culture imo,

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

euphronius posted:

going to be great having disabled people in the street begging for care and dying preventable deaths while enduring misery and neglect

we got that already tho

:thejoke: probably??

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

ex post facho posted:

gently caress lawn culture imo,

no whey!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

juche avocado posted:

we got that already tho

:thejoke: probably??

not to the degree it would happen. with no Medicaid

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's hilarious and sad how Trump won't let go of not winning the popular vote.

Altimeter
Sep 10, 2003

juche avocado posted:

lol can they just legislate like that

"We say in this law that governors of states whose constitutions we do not consider can just magically do things; this is a power we are creating & devolving to the 50 governorships and this clause right here says 'lol the law-making bodies in those states don't have poo poo they can do about it.' also this other clause here says NO TAKEBACKS and it's FOREVER lol"

idk just that seems to cry out for a court challenge lmbo

"In a 5-4 decision..."

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/liberalism_txt/status/881965749539151872/photo/1

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

The idea that parents know better than doctors is the reason we are having outbreaks of measles because poo poo idiot parents won't vaccinate their children

Or they try to pray the infection away instead of using heathen antibiotics. Adults can make those decisions, but children have the right to have someone who's not a complete idiot making these types of decisions.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tesseraction posted:

Pretty much. The doctor in the US is willing to take the money because it helps his research, but it won't help the kid. I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to take the money anyway but ethically he refuses to pretend it'll help the kid. This is a clear-cut "the kid cannot be saved situation" from the entire medical establishment.

If it's a kid cannot be saved argument then it turns into an ethics/child abuse case. If that's the case then actually doing the treatment is a violation of ethics. I mean that's why the hospital won't let the baby go right?

I personally think it's borderline all around. I mean I personally don't think that doing the treatment amounts to child abuse though I see the hospital's point of view.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

okay

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Thom and the Heads posted:

im glad they put heebs in parentheses otherwise i wouldnt know that that word means jew

this reminds me

that same ex GF of mine who was infatuated with Zuckerberg simply because he's famous...well she had a crazy sociopathic heroin addict aunt, who had an ex-con neo-nazi boyfriend with a swastika tattoo on his chest, who lived in a trailer. And this GF and her aunt and the rest of her family was mexican, mexican+white, and filipino, yet they allowed this nazi fucker into their home more than once for dinner (before the grumpy filipino step-grandpa and diabetic amputee, with hella guns, finally said "nope"), because if they didn't the crazy aunt would throw a shitfit and steal everything and burn down the house or something. To be fair, some of her family members were clearly self-hating, and would get offended if you called them latino, and would slather themselves with ultra pale makeup and whine about the classless poors (lol they thought they were upper class) and especially "the mexicans" (lol i guess you no longer count as mexican yourself, when only one of your parents is mexican?) and such, so it makes sense that they would be ok with a nazi. When her aunt learned half of my family was jewish, she asked me about my family's secret fortune that is must have, and then told a hilarious story about yelling "friend of the family" at a black guy while driving, because he cut her off. Also, the dead grandpa i never met was a cop and a wife beater (and a whitey mcwhitey, of course). And the ex-GF's dead dad that i never met, was a gulf war vet who got PTSD and a bunch of mystery tumors after the war, and then drank himself to death. Oh yeah, and the side of the family i never met were all Mormons. And this is is in the liberal mecca of San Francisco, CA.

Lol America

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the progressive status quo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

why would you envy him being progressive and pro-europe that's an opinion it isn't something that is out of your reach of having you can agree with him if you want

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/csymrl/status/881962661893742592

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It's weird seeing all the people with usernames like "NobamaEver1960" argue the neighbors should have helped.

Why would they, when it's not in their self-interest? After all, if she needs someone to mow her lawn so bad, she could hire somebody, and if she's so destitute she can't, she could always sell her home and move into an apartment. After all, to give handouts is to discourage self-reliance, and at her age she really had all the time in the world to save up money in a rainy day fund for unforeseen circumstances. If it's really so important, surely people would have voted to offer help, but I guess it must not be since they didn't.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

sullat posted:

Or they try to pray the infection away instead of using heathen antibiotics. Adults can make those decisions, but children have the right to have someone who's not a complete idiot making these types of decisions.

I don't think this is the same. For one thing the child is already apparently going to die so it's not like withholding antibiotics. Second it's. it like antivaxers since I don't see how public health would be harmed.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

too bad we don't have some kind of political system where parts of a state have their own kind of "local government" or something huh

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Yinlock posted:

the progressive status quo

macron's incrementalism vs. may's accelerationism

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Vladimir Putin posted:

If it's a kid cannot be saved argument then it turns into an ethics/child abuse case. If that's the case then actually doing the treatment is a violation of ethics. I mean that's why the hospital won't let the baby go right?

I personally think it's borderline all around. I mean I personally don't think that doing the treatment amounts to child abuse though I see the hospital's point of view.

The hospital is not allowed to make a decision either way, they can only suggest the most beneficial medical option - and sometimes that means admitting that further efforts will just cause more pain for the dying child and extending the grief of parents who aren't able to begin the healing process while they cling to false hope. It's a really lovely situation and I don't blame the parents for being desperate, but it's just hurting everyone more to continue as-is.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

Chu is pretty awesome

Did anyone catch this? It's insanely false

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Reality Winner posted:

macron's incrementalism vs. may's accelerationism

the uk is actually accelerating away from the cliff and may is trying to stop the wheels with her teeth

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 43 minutes!
Bread Liar
if we let all brain dead children die without trying to save them then how will the GOP grow their base?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

I'm of the opinion that all this talk of variously dead, variously imaginary children is harshing the particular brand of harsh I myself come to the trump thread to take in

Serf
May 5, 2011

TheBigAristotle posted:

Did anyone catch this? It's insanely false

it was bait

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Red Minjo posted:

Nite Crew on 11/9/2016: lol you're a milk drinking day crew if you think it's possible for Trump to win
Nite Crew on 11/10/2016: lol you're a milk drinking day crew if you think it's possible for anything good to ever happen again *posts the image macro claiming that they're the fun kind of nihilism instead of the depressed kind*

join death crew already, gosh

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

In 3 hours I'm going to start a 36 hour spree of guzzling bourbon and hamburgers and not stop until I have to come into work again on Wednesday

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Yinlock posted:

the uk is actually accelerating away from the cliff and may is trying to stop the wheels with her teeth

can you work the white cliffs into this metaphor please, I tried and came up w/ nothing but this request

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

Great Ormond Street Hospital, the people who are saying 'no' are doing so because the treatment in the US is to reduce the severity of the symptoms for children who are expected to survive. This kid is already brain dead and losing health hourly. As doctors they have a moral obligation to not provide false hope - they have merely stated that the child's case is terminal, they appreciate the feelings of the parents but have stated that the treatment in the US will not help him, and will not allow him to live a day longer.

I hope the British enjoy relitigating the Terry Schaivo nonsense (this time with baby) for themselves, hope we can do it again ourselves

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"After growing up in a family with allergies, I finally moved out and got my first cat. Meet Zelda. :)"

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
trump does a pretty good impression of that kid

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Epic High Five posted:

In 3 hours I'm going to start a 36 hour spree of guzzling bourbon and hamburgers and not stop until I have to come into work again on Wednesday

https://twitter.com/clickhole/status/869595536289972225?lang=en

change my name
Aug 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ex post facho posted:

every year the rain starts in may and it gors for like 3 weeks then stops for 3 months. the grass turns green and grows really fast then just browns over.

like lmao why bother watering

You have come to a yard called Gor! *whipcrack*

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
¡Jeb!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

juche avocado posted:

can you work the white cliffs into this metaphor please, I tried and came up w/ nothing but this request

the cliff is also white

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I hope the British enjoy relitigating the Terry Schaivo nonsense (this time with baby) for themselves, hope we can do it again ourselves

With any luck next time we have to bother with a high profile case it's right after the 25th Amendment is invoked

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I am happy to be this man

Have fun with your quinoa vegan patties you huge dorks, I'm going to be drunk as hell with my dog who will be melting down over fireworks :911:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the bitcoin of weed posted:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:smith:

the man just wants to burg

what's wrong with burgin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Texas, of course.

• Locked thread