Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I've only been on the receiving end of it a handful of times but the absolute worst Frontlines scenario is when an entire enemy team fights their way to your bases's spawn and just sits outside mulching you as you come out, while the third team is content to sit out and coast to second place with their near-unopposed ice caps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
My favorite punchline in this game is when I get the # of tokens I need right when it drops for free from the trial.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Run 2x DRK (this isn't negotiable), 2x healer (preferably AST), and 4x whatever that can do burst damage. DRK marks a target, pulls it, stuns it, second DRK pulls again immediately, everyone uses a /target <attack1> macro and immediately vaporizes the poor guy. Pick off all the enemy healers, then just run rampant over the entire enemy team.

Especially effective if you set up in a chokepoint the enemy will have to run through to get to ice, because half their team will just try to afk run through you.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Anybody know of a hunt LS in Excal with room? Finished the story tonight and looking to get in on some verity/cluster farming.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

So I'm actually kind of trying to get into this game, but I haven't seen an opportunity to make a character on Excalibur in 3 days. Is it just impossible now or what?

Also, if I'm interested in playing a class similar in style to fury/arms warriors in World of Warcraft what would be best for me

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I've only been on the receiving end of it a handful of times but the absolute worst Frontlines scenario is when an entire enemy team fights their way to your bases's spawn and just sits outside mulching you as you come out, while the third team is content to sit out and coast to second place with their near-unopposed ice caps.

I've only seen this happen once and I was on the team that was dishing it out.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Hello everyone, this is Yoshida of FFXIV producer and director.

Patch 4.0 Thank you for a lot of discussions and feedback on jobs after the crimson liberator release. Currently, the development team checks the status of each job and corrects and adjusts it according to several points. Because it is diversified, we will inform you of the policy of the current correction / adjustment below because we wait for implementation to details.

Patch 4.01 and patch 4.05

Patch 4.01 will be released on July 4th, but this will be the main release of "Noma of the dimension Omega: Delta (Normal)" here. Regarding full-fledged individual job adjustment, we are planning to patch 4.05, and now we are working on adjustment and debugging while seeing players' discussions and feedback on the development team. Please be patient.

■ Adjustment of patch 4.01

As an adjustment done without waiting for patch 4.05, we will make adjustments for the hostile values ​​of tank roll 3 job. In addition to receiving much feedback from everyone, we will simultaneously raise the hostile values ​​of hostile rise combos and ranged enemy rising actions in order to raise the stability of hostile stability mainly in the low level band and leveling. Regarding the host roll value of the tank roll, it will be a great help if you continue to receive feedback after patch 4.01.

Also, some actions that we deem necessary to adjust at the time of release of 4.0 are also being adjusted.

■ Adjustment of patch 4.05

"Omega Zero style of dimension: Delta version" will be released, but at the same time as this publication, we are planning the first job adjustment.

There are many things related mainly to the "feeling of use" of each job, and detailed numerical values ​​and system adjustment are done for various actions. I am hoping to wait for the patch to be released in detail as the items are diversified and the numbers are still being adjusted at the present time. The direction of rough adjustment is planned to be announced in "37th FFXIV Producer Letter LIVE" to be held on July 15th.

Of course, adjustment is not limited to this, we will continue to adjust jobs, so please continue your discussion and feedback.

About DPS balance of DPS roll ■

I talked about in the last producer letter LIVE, but I think I will revisit the balance within the DPS role.

Especially attention is focused on the damage of the samurai and various comparisons are done between the jobs but as the development team it is only the numerical value at the time of beating the enemies by solo and adjustment so that the damage becomes side by side We do not do.
The policy is as follows.
Damage that can be taken out by only one job without anyone's assistance (damage by itself)
Degree affected by gimmick (Jobs susceptible to being affected are slightly higher damage by themselves, slightly lower when it is difficult to receive)
Total damage that other players are raised by action to raise party member's damage at the time of a full party
The policy is to adjust so as to be side by side as much as possible after considering the above three items.

For example, among the proximity physics DPS, the dragon knight who raises the damage of the party member greatly, the damage by itself is lower than that of the samurai, and on the contrary the samurai has little support ability for party damage, so raises the damage alone There are differences such as. Also included in these considerations are the "ease of gimmick influence" and "whether you can attack even without approaching enemies" as mentioned above.

Of course, these values ​​can not be said to be 100% miss or shift, and it seems that it is hard to feel bad until the Delta version is released to the extent of its effect. Parts that are known to require adjustment at this time are adjusted with patch 4.05, where Delta version is published, so it is very much appreciated if you continue to receive feedback after playing the zero style: Delta I will.

About damage calculation formula of tank roll ■

Finally. Currently, it is difficult to maintain hostility, so there are people who are using item level 270 STR accessories, so various discussions have been held and requests are received.
I'm also seeing the demand that "Please return the damage calculation to the VIT base of the 3.X era", but in the case of the VIT base, since it also affects the maximum amount of HP at the same time, HP and damage with one parameter It is extremely difficult to adjust, HP inflation is born, so there are no plans to recruit at this time.
(As patch 3.X era was expected to be established even with VIT-based damage calculation, it was introduced as a provisional.)

However, with item level 270 STR accessories, HP did not grow, and a burden was placed on the healer In order to cope with this problem now, we are working towards patch 4.05. Although we will receive your time for a while now, we are aware of it as a big problem and I will let you know that it is underway.
We will continue to adjust the information by patch while announcing the information in forums and producer letter LIVE etc. Again, thank you very much for your discussion and feedback. Continue, thank you!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

RedneckwithGuns posted:

So I'm actually kind of trying to get into this game, but I haven't seen an opportunity to make a character on Excalibur in 3 days. Is it just impossible now or what?

Also, if I'm interested in playing a class similar in style to fury/arms warriors in World of Warcraft what would be best for me

You're in luck. Maintenance is tonight, which means you'll have a window to roll a character when the servers come back up.

Build your character ahead of time on another server, and save the appearance. Pick a date and guardian deity (these are purely flavor and have no functional bearing on gameplay) and make sure the name you want isn't taken on the server.

That way when Excalibur comes back up, you load character appearance data, slam the other options, and you're in, and not risking the door closing in mid-chargen.

No character plays exactly like Arms Warrior yet, but if you want to swing around huge fuckoff swords and axes you have DRK and WAR respectively. Both are tanks.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 4, 2017

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordiceius posted:

About damage calculation formula of tank roll ■

Finally. Currently, it is difficult to maintain hostility, so there are people who are using item level 270 STR accessories, so various discussions have been held and requests are received.
I'm also seeing the demand that "Please return the damage calculation to the VIT base of the 3.X era", but in the case of the VIT base, since it also affects the maximum amount of HP at the same time, HP and damage with one parameter It is extremely difficult to adjust, HP inflation is born, so there are no plans to recruit at this time.
(As patch 3.X era was expected to be established even with VIT-based damage calculation, it was introduced as a provisional.)

However, with item level 270 STR accessories, HP did not grow, and a burden was placed on the healer In order to cope with this problem now, we are working towards patch 4.05. Although we will receive your time for a while now, we are aware of it as a big problem and I will let you know that it is underway.
We will continue to adjust the information by patch while announcing the information in forums and producer letter LIVE etc. Again, thank you very much for your discussion and feedback. Continue, thank you!

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
Arms warrior was lame because they could have called it Pecs instead.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

if you didn't see them fixing the i270 thing, you got brain problems

like there was 0% chance that after a concerted effort to nerf tank damage they'd let this "workaround" continue to exist

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

tanks getting better enmity output is very good, it's probably the main thing that turns people off from tanking at low levels

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

hahahaha I've never seen this before, nice

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Kaubocks posted:

aw man does the population in Goblin peter out the higher you go? because I've been playing Goblin on my free trial and honestly it's been pretty bustling down here in the low levels

Population rises the higher you go in my experience. Low level areas were pretty empty but once everyone was on the same content path it started getting much more populated, especially in Heavensward content. Gotta have a good FC tho which is the thing, which I do but there's just no Linkshell space

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I want to say tanks need better aggro generation, but I've had almost no trouble holding as WAR (what many mongoloids are arguing is the worst tank now) and that's without factoring in Shirk. Granted I use a super-elaborate pull combo, but that's what I thought tanks that like to be in DPS stance should do - get a fuckton of aggro at the start of the fight and spend the rest of it with me and the boss ripping each other apart.

This is, however, spoken with newer content in mind. Early dungeons where you don't have your full set of aggro moves accessible suck to tank, so I'm all for tanks having their lives easier with buffs to hate modifiers.

I do agree that tanks fielding i270 accessories because "muh deeps" needs to be urgently looked at though. I don't like the thought of tanks losing even more damage, but it's preferable to falling over to every tank buster because they refuse to beef up - you don't get any deeps if you're dead, and bosses in later patches are eventually going to hit hard enough that cooldowns won't save subpar HP.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It is interesting that the stated reason for the tank damage reversion was so they could adjust hp by ilvl separately from damage by ilvl

I guess that makes sense, but have there actually been any times in the past where item stats didn't match what you would have expected for their ilvl?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

SwissArmyDruid posted:

No character plays exactly like Arms Warrior yet, but if you want to swing around huge fuckoff swords and axes you have DRK and WAR respectively. Both are tanks.

Alternatively, if you want 2H melee dps + platemail aesthetic + high mobility like an arms warrior you could pick DRG. Or you could pick SAM which is a 2H melee dps in a robe and wizard hat

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Before the servers go down you must pay tribute to the moogle queen.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

SL the Pyro posted:

I want to say tanks need better aggro generation, but I've had almost no trouble holding as WAR (what many mongoloids are arguing is the worst tank now) and that's without factoring in Shirk. Granted I use a super-elaborate pull combo, but that's what I thought tanks that like to be in DPS stance should do - get a fuckton of aggro at the start of the fight and spend the rest of it with me and the boss ripping each other apart.

This is, however, spoken with newer content in mind. Early dungeons where you don't have your full set of aggro moves accessible suck to tank, so I'm all for tanks having their lives easier with buffs to hate modifiers.

I do agree that tanks fielding i270 accessories because "muh deeps" needs to be urgently looked at though. I don't like the thought of tanks losing even more damage, but it's preferable to falling over to every tank buster because they refuse to beef up - you don't get any deeps if you're dead, and bosses in later patches are eventually going to hit hard enough that cooldowns won't save subpar HP.

What is your pull combo, out of curiosity?

When I was levelling PLD to 70 I was finding that hammering out a goring blade and then two halone combos in shield stance was generally lasting me nearly through the fight, although it did become a bit iffy towards the end and I had to sometimes work in additional halones. I'm heavily considering using fight or flight on the opening aggro salvo to make it more secure. Anyways, I figure a point of comparison may be helpful in refining my approach.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I'm finding SMN is the best class because they implemented the "find the worst time to summon bahamut" minigame. Lightning markers in susan ex seems to be a good candidate at the moment.

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Before the servers go down you must pay tribute to the moogle queen.

Of course those drat lalafells would be in with the moogles.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

/gpose continues to be fun to mess with and Shisui gear continues to be silly

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So to get, like, limit break screenshots or other encounter screenshots do people really just go into /gpose mid fight? :raise:

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
press scroll lock

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

So to get, like, limit break screenshots or other encounter screenshots do people really just go into /gpose mid fight? :raise:

/gpose copies the last action you took, so if you want to take a limit break screenshot you just make sure you don't do anything after the LB. It still works out of combat.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah to get my screenshots of Vermillion Scourge I just asked my friends to let me get the killshot on a Lakshmi story mode with it.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
oh I thought he was talking about the hud, I didn't know you could gpose a limit break out of combat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If tanks aren't doing enough enmity, they'll just increase enmity scaling while leaving their damage in the gutter. Meanwhile, newbie tanks will have an agonizing leveling experience as they'll be forced to wear jewelry that literally won't help them at all in solo content. Please look forward to it.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Sarrisan posted:

oh I thought he was talking about the hud, I didn't know you could gpose a limit break out of combat.

Combat action gposes got introduced in 4.0. I haven't tried them out but they seem pretty neat.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah to get my screenshots of Vermillion Scourge I just asked my friends to let me get the killshot on a Lakshmi story mode with it.

Ah, clever. Thanks.

Also Vermillion Scourge is still great but I'm gonna be honest I prefer seeing Teraflare

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

If tanks aren't doing enough enmity, they'll just increase enmity scaling while leaving their damage in the gutter. Meanwhile, newbie tanks will have an agonizing leveling experience as they'll be forced to wear jewelry that literally won't help them at all in solo content. Please look forward to it.

Something I never quite understood about tank itemization, why don't they just add a token amount of Strength to Fending gear? Especially now that jewelry is role locked.

Hell they could do it to old Vit gear too because who cares about leveling gear besides newbies anyway

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Something I never quite understood about tank itemization, why don't they just add a token amount of Strength to Fending gear? Especially now that jewelry is role locked.

Hell they could do it to old Vit gear too because who cares about leveling gear besides newbies anyway

Because they want tanks to do poo poo damage.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Ciaphas posted:

That is a very good question.

Devs? Yoshi? Anyone who actually works on the game?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Because they want tanks to do poo poo damage.

I'm no designer or mathematician of course but I'd think (well hope, I guess) there was some way they could give increased damage to low level tanks, scaling down to what we have now as they approach level cap

I dunno I'm just spitballin', you're right that leveling a tank as a newbie is kinda balls

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If their only concern was to make tanks do bad damage they'd give them low potency on their attacks

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

I actually like the other direction where strength adds to your HP if you're a tank. That way all the fending gear can have strength as a mainstat with a smattering of vit as a sort of bonus.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Speaking of ternks, before maintenance started I got PLD to 64 and got Holy Spirit, and yeah I like PLD a lot more now.

As a rule when should you be using Clemency, if ever?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

they don't want tanks to do more damage than DPS jobs

which they easily can do now if the dps player is a moron

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SettingSun posted:

I actually like the other direction where strength adds to your HP if you're a tank. That way all the fending gear can have strength as a mainstat with a smattering of vit as a sort of bonus.
Problem is, Square seems to want to avoid the situation where HP (and especially tank HP) is affected by the death penalty in combat, so putting it on strength just causes that again.

Of course the obvious solution would just be to have a damage/healing penalty rather than reducing stats directly but god only knows what 1.0 spaghetti code we're dealing with here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Just get rid of all the stats but item level and make it do different things on different jobs. Easy.