Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The Good:
-Bhavacakra shall hit even harder which is fun for me. Please continue buffing ninja.
-That sick mount
-Allowing the UI on my PS4 to be human sized again
-The aesthetic of Omega

gently caress Off Forever:
Using the Alexander token poo poo system again. Cool, so I get to run O4 20 times in a row just praying that I can roll high enough to get my 1 body token for the week. For what purpose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
:allears:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Evil Fluffy posted:

- FF6-style magitek armor mount hell yeah

The mounts we have already are FF6 style. These are different.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Meanwhile, Galaga Galaxian making me laugh at reddit

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

FF6's concept art is what we currently have for the Magitek mounts. FF6's sprite art is what's being added for Magitek mounts.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

The mounts we have resemble the FF6 artwork, the new ones resemble the ingame sprites.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

The Good:
-Bhavacakra shall hit even harder which is fun for me. Please continue buffing ninja.

It got nerfed if it was doing physical damage before, meaning it would be affected by slashing debuff & the nin poison trait. It hits something like 120 potency less

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Zaphod42 posted:

Actually this statement is true in both parts. The mounts we have are FF6 style and these new mounts are a different FF6 style!

Both are great as heck.

SonicRulez posted:

gently caress Off Forever:
Using the Alexander token poo poo system again. Cool, so I get to run O4 20 times in a row just praying that I can roll high enough to get my 1 body token for the week. For what purpose?

Or you could be like me and say 'nuts to BIS by the time I can get a body via tokens I can get a body via tomestones so I'll just go with that thank you.'

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SKULL.GIF posted:

FF6's concept art is what we currently have for the Magitek mounts. FF6's sprite art is what's being added for Magitek mounts.

You know, I never really thought about the difference. Wow. Looking back they're very different, and the magitek enemies which have bigger sprites are definitely the different style. But in my brain / memory / nostalgia they just kinda blended together.

I should play ff6 again, last time was high school.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

I should play ff6 again, last time was high school.

Try a Natural Magic playthrough. Honestly the Magicite system ends up flattening characters. Natural Magic makes you really push for their strengths and improvements in every fight.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

slev posted:

It got nerfed if it was doing physical damage before, meaning it would be affected by slashing debuff & the nin poison trait. It hits something like 120 potency less

You get hp back from Bloodbath when you use it, so I assume it's physical damage.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

WrightOfWay posted:

Bloodspiller got a 20 potency buff which means TBN is now always a DPS increase. Also, "Attributes have been adjusted for certain gear." Is it too much to hope that that's adding strength to tank accessories?

I don't suppose you could get into the detailed logic of Bloodspiller useage, on this note? I'm fairly new to maining DRK so I'm unsure how much/when/if I should be focusing on DA+Bloodspillering.

If I use Blackest Night to get a Bloodspiller, should I just go ahead and blow it sans DA or wait? :thunk:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

Actually this statement is true in both parts. The mounts we have are FF6 style and these new mounts are a different FF6 style!

Both are great as heck.

Or you could be like me and say 'nuts to BIS by the time I can get a body via tokens I can get a body via tomestones so I'll just go with that thank you.'

The flip side is that if you buy the body then you won't be buying a weapon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

vOv posted:

The flip side is that if you buy the body then you won't be buying a weapon.

The weapon is a different drop that is 1/week according to the notes.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

The weapon is a different drop that is 1/week according to the notes.

Assuming it's the same as heavensward, you'll also need tomestones

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

My record was 26, with A12. And I never actually won one in the end, it just rolled over before I could. :shepicide:

Such a horrible loving system.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Try a Natural Magic playthrough. Honestly the Magicite system ends up flattening characters. Natural Magic makes you really push for their strengths and improvements in every fight.

I tend to play FFs more for the story than the battle system, but that sounds kinda cool in a FF12 zodiac job system kinda way. I'll look it up.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Asimo posted:

My record was 26, with A12. And I never actually won one in the end, it just rolled over before I could. :shepicide:

Solution: run it with a full goon party.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

And if you cap tomestones every week you'll have more than enough to buy a body and the weapon when it's available.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I never participated in them but apparently the lootmaster parties worked really well for alexander even though they're terrible for mounts

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

won't that be 7 weeks in though?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Truga posted:

7 weeks minimum, and Allagan Tomestones of Creation don't even go in for another 2 weeks from now.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
So even if you buy a chest, you'll still have enough tones for a weapon when that's even available.

So yeah, don't bother with shafts.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Truga posted:

EponymousMrYar posted:

And if you cap tomestones every week you'll have more than enough to buy a body and the weapon when it's available.

Yeah, I was just replying to that post specifically rather than trying to participate in the broader conversation. Assuming it's still 7 gears you'll be able to buy chest and still have weapon in time so there's no real reason to go into shaft hell

You'll be stuck in bolt hell instead

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Truga posted:

Unless you're clearing Omega Savage Deltascape 3 fast enough and win the lot, yes. Otherwise it's just the two weeks until that comes out + progression time, in which case you don't need the normal token.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The notes didn't say what ilvl the Deltascape gear will be, did it? I'm imagining less than 320 just because it'd be sorta weird to invalidate Lakshmi EX like that, wouldn't it?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

The notes didn't say what ilvl the Deltascape gear will be, did it? I'm imagining less than 320 just because it'd be sorta weird to invalidate Lakshmi EX like that, wouldn't it?

If it's 320 then bolts are worthless

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm guessing i320, 10 more than the last tonestone gear.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Deltascape Normal will be 320 across the board to make body match up with Lak/Sus drops probably, with Savage being 330/335 (weapon), at a guess.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

If it's 320 then bolts are worthless

The bolts will have a different itemization and may be better options for some jobs.

Not that it matters too much, but actually having choices for gear would be nice for once!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Deltascape Normal will be 320 across the board to make body match up with Lak/Sus drops probably, with Savage being 330/335 (weapon), at a guess.

I think new tomestone gear will be 330 and upgraded/savage 340.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The new crafted gear will probably be the same ilevel as Omega normal gear, so if that's true then you can ignore it entirely if you've got the cash. And you won't even have to worry about mixing and matching for accuracy this time either.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I wonder if the new mount is in that barn in the Fringes with the lady out front talking about how they've captured a prototype magitek weapon but it wasn't ready to be deployed yet. Doubt it comes from Omega normal, as a drop anyway.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
YoshiP's full statement, properly translated:

quote:

Regarding FFXIV Job Adjustments in 4.01-4.05
Hello, everyone. This is FFXIV Producer and Director, Naoki Yoshida.

Following the release of Stormblood, there has been much community discussion about jobs, and I'd like to thank you for all your feedback. The team has divided your concerns into a number of categories, and as we speak, we're in the process of reviewing each job and implementing adjustments. As the adjustments are quite far-reaching, the details won't be available until they're implemented, but today I'd like to share with you our current plan.

■Patches 4.01 and 4.05■

First of all, to clarify the timeframe. Patch 4.01, featuring the raid Omega: Deltascape, will be released on July 4. Job adjustments will begin in earnest from patch 4.05, and we are currently in the process of reviewing player feedback while applying adjustments and conducting tests.

■4.01 Adjustments■

Ahead of 4.05, we will be making enmity-related adjustments for the three tank jobs. In light of the large amount of feedback we have received, we will boost the effect of enmity-generating combos and AOEs in order to make enmity management more predictable during the lower levels and while leveling. We would appreciate your continued feedback with regards to enmity following 4.01.

Furthermore, immediately after 4.0's release, we've made adjustments to certain actions that were deemed necessary.

■4.05 Adjustments■

Patch 4.05 will see the release of Omega: Deltascape (Savage), and at the same time we will be implementing the first round of job adjustments.

A lot of the adjustments are intended to improve job usability, and we will be fine-tuning various actions and tweaking systems. As the changes are wide-ranging and we're in the middle of working out the precise values, the details won't be available until release, and I ask for your patience and understanding in the meantime. I plan to provide you with an outline of our plans in my 37th LIVE Letter, scheduled for July 15.

Of course, the adjustments will not be limited to those mentioned here. We'll keep on reviewing jobs as we move forward, and we welcome your continued discussion and feedback.

■Balancing DPS Roles■

I already touched upon this in my previous LIVE letter, but I'd like to take the opportunity to clarify balance among DPS roles.

Recently, samurai damage has been the subject of much debate, prompting many comparisons between jobs. In bringing samurai in line with other jobs, however, we not only look at solo damage values, but take all of the following into account:
-Damage dealt when solo.
-Susceptibility to mechanics (jobs affected more by mechanics deal slightly more solo damage, and vice versa).
-Ability to raise a full party's total damage.

For instance, dragoon can greatly increase party members' damage, but deals less solo damage than samurai. In contrast, samurai boasts high solo damage, but cannot do much to increase party damage. Things such as the aforementioned susceptibility and the ability to perform ranged attacks are also considered.

We can't say with absolute certainty that the values will be perfect from the start, and it will be difficult to get a feel for the adjustments before they are released alongside Omega: Deltascape (Savage). For now, we will work towards applying those changes deemed necessary to 4.05, and we look forward to your feedback after you have played the raid.

■Damage Calculations for Tank Roles■

Lastly, players have expressed concern that enmity is difficult to sustain. Some have taken to using ilv 270 STR accessories to address the issue, and numerous measures have been put forth. We've received requests for damage calculations to be made VIT-based again, like they were during the 3.X patch series. As VIT also influences HP, however, adjusting it is liable to lead to HP inflation, and so we have no plan to adopt this method at present. (VIT-based damage was deemed workable during 3.X and was employed in the interim.)

However, as ilv 270 STR accessories don't increase HP, this places an increased burden upon healers, and we are working to address the issue by 4.05. While we must ask for your patience, please rest assured that we are working on this as a matter of priority.

In closing, we will continue our work on the adjustments while keeping you informed via the forums as well as LIVE letters. Again, allow me to say how grateful we are for your discussion and feedback. Thank you for your continued interest and support!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So is it gonna be Deltascape, Betascape, Alphascape, to have the whole Alpha:Omega thing, or what?

What happened to "Bend of Time" // "Cleft of Dimension"?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Have less VIT on accessories so tanks get less HP from having VIT accs but have the damage increase from VIT go up somewhat so they still get the damage that tanks like from them and also give me all 99 rolls for a couple of weeks, thanks in advance PoshiY

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

So is it gonna be Deltascape, Betascape, Alphascape, to have the whole Alpha:Omega thing, or what?

What happened to "Bend of Time" // "Cleft of Dimension"?

Cleft of Dimensions appears to be the location it is set in, you see it mentioned in the notes.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

slev posted:

Aw nuts. I liked my big damage.

Asimo posted:

gently caress's sake, lad, it used to drive me up the wall. I remember rolling like a 96 or somethin like that and still lost. I mean it's not the complete end o' the world and I'll just be grinding tomes anyway, but I wish they would find a better way. I remember the 7 week wait to grab the i230 weapon. Twas not enjoyable.

Mordiceius posted:

Solution: run it with a full goon party.

There is a reality where I can always find 7 goons who will want to do what I want when I want. It's not this one, but I'm sure it's out there.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Doing 8+ runs of a raid instance back to back to make sure everyone gets a drop is really freakin' exhausting.

Especially when it's 4 raid instances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Now just imagine trying to get your weekly drop with 50 minutes of DPS queues between attempts. :iamafag:

It really is the worst possible combination of random drop and token-based systems.