Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Lol Harrison Ford is old now if he tried that his heart would give out because he is weak and depleted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zmej posted:

poor Denis, you had such an impeccable track record... :smith:

Even Polytechnique?

I think the biggest thing about the new Blade Runner being bad is how Rich blends in perfectly with the background. That and how Atari went from a background advertisement in the original film to a front and center advertisement in the trailer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Wow, two Re:Views in a week, curious how Mike and Weed Canadian are going to talk about The Patriot for 45 minutes

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Fartbox posted:

Blade runner is insanely overrated, by nerds only, because only nerds care about the movie or talk about it

It was also insanely beautiful and cool looking
The Vangelis soundtrack for that movie is also really good

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Blade Runner is nice looking but it's put me to sleep. I'm surprised they didn't mention anything about Deckard possibly being a replicant...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The tears in the rain speech is great.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

Wow, two Re:Views in a week, curious how Mike and Weed Canadian are going to talk about The Patriot for 45 minutes

I really want them to talk about Temple of Doom.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What's up with these new guys? I just barely finally got used to Jack.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Waltzing Along posted:

New guys? Get out.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Trap sprung

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

We Know Catheters posted:

New guys? Get out.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ok. Is this a RLM joke or a SA joke? Whatever.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Look bub, you don't just get to walk in here and question the authenticity of the Canadians.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

The canadians have been part of the RLM canon for years now. They're like rare pokemon that only appear every once in a while but have been in since red and blue. And your not knowing it betrays your status as a disgusting casual.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

super sweet best pal posted:

The tears in the rain speech is great.

it's the only reason apart from the art design that the movie is remembered.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Ridley Scott Ultimate Director's cut:

I have… changed things you people wouldn't believe… Deckard is now an android. Aliens are from black goo that gets in your eyes. All those… changes… are now official, on [small cough] bluray… in… 4k.

Time…

to buy…

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nah it's actually cool that david made the aliens somehow despite the fact the ship on lv-426 was old enough to be fossilized. it makes perfect sense!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pierogi posted:

Ridley Scott Ultimate Director's cut:

I have… changed things you people wouldn't believe… Deckard is now an android. Aliens are from black goo that gets in your eyes. All those… changes… are now official, on [small cough] bluray… in… 4k.

Time…

to buy…

lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's also not lame at all that they went from some unknown creature possibly naturally occurring possibly created to made by a single android we made.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Tyrell wanted to play god and thats why replicants were made to be like humans but better, you can also see this theme in Ridley Scott's cinematic masterpiece Alien: Covenant

cant wait to cringe everytime jared leto is on screen spewing some stupid bullshit when someone forces me to watch blade runner 2049

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Groovelord Neato posted:

nah it's actually cool that david made the aliens somehow despite the fact the ship on lv-426 was old enough to be fossilized. it makes perfect sense!

It's loving awesome actually because who cares. It's a weapon created to kill everything, and it was created by a charismatic insane rogue robot who wants to murder everyone because they're stupid as hell.

Also Riddles gave himself a great out, the black goo makes you look like a fossil. Wham. Bam. Shang a Lang.

David rules so much and I'd watch a sequel that's just David loving over spaceship crew after spaceship crew.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Interestingly, the initial version of the tears in rain monologue is very different and reveals more into Scott's vision regarding the film as a part of the larger cinematic universe.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jul 4, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

It's loving awesome actually because who cares. It's a weapon created to kill everything, and it was created by a charismatic insane rogue robot who wants to murder everyone because they're stupid as hell.

Also Riddles gave himself a great out, the black goo makes you look like a fossil. Wham. Bam. Shang a Lang.

David rules so much and I'd watch a sequel that's just David loving over spaceship crew after spaceship crew.

david rules but you're objectively wrong about the rest. please keep the dumbness to cd thanks.

"who cares" lol. why care if something interesting is made uninteresting. midichlorians are cool.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 4, 2017

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Hauer's speech in Hobo with a Shotgun was better than his tears in rain speech, but that's not a slight against the latter. Hobo is just a far superior film.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
https://youtu.be/m__PBksZ0zA

This is the best bit of the Blade Runner theatrical cut voiceover.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I like bladerunner but I'm okay with boring if the atmosphere+music rocks and bladerunner just has this vibe which works for me. I don't give a poo poo about Deckard being an android or whatnot and i can just ignore the 1 dumb horse dream.

but i like prometheus so im hosed up in the brain

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Groovelord Neato posted:

david rules but you're objectively wrong about the rest. please keep the dumbness to cd thanks.

"who cares" lol. why care if something interesting is made uninteresting. midichlorians are cool.

I don't care what cd thinks. I never gave a poo poo about the alien origins and I never understood why that made them scary/not scary. They rape and impregnate you and then rape and kill you after that for no logical reason other than because that's their nature. It's more interesting to me that they're the byproduct of a human creation understanding that humans are complete poo poo than some ancient creature made by giant biomechanical elephants. I've read that story countless times in bad comics. The new thing is a interesting take.

But then again the Alien have never been scary to me and I've been watching them since I was 5. I just think the Alien is rad and looks awesome.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Blade Runner is pretty awesome and if its somewhat slow pace is boring perhaps youde be better off watching something more along your level like Transformers garbage sequeal number whatever.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Naw, it's alright to admit the movie is boring because it is but I think it works for me :) someone else said it feels like a weird dream.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I love the future noir style of Bladerunner. How cool is this theme and poster?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAwo7DPUFUM

I also love the unpredictable ways old sci fi becomes dated, like CRT monitors and everyone smoking mixed with flying cars in the far future of 2019

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
It's a shame she won't live, but then again who daaas

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Hearing Ford's narration makes me think he's going to start talking about the maw-ga-why he got a dumb kid for Christmas.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

The new thing is a interesting take.

nope.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He say you Brade Runna!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Everyone trashes the narration but most people who like Blade Runner like it from when it first came out when it had narration, like Colin. And a lot of people who've only watched it without narration say it's slow and boring.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love it

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i've only watched director's cut or later and i think everyone itt saying it's boring is a big baby

but i would kinda like to watch the original cut, also because it apparently has a happy ending that recycles footage from the opening of the shining

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wall Balls posted:

i've only watched director's cut or later and i think everyone itt saying it's boring is a big baby

but i would kinda like to watch the original cut, also because it apparently has a happy ending that recycles footage from the opening of the shining

Which original cut? Blue or red?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He say you Brade Runna!

Voice-Over - The guy behind the counter started talkin' at me. I didn't know what he was sayin', sounded like some sorta cartoon poo poo, but I knew what he meant. "Why, Rick Deckard? WHY?!?"

• Locked thread