Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
For those of us who play hardcore, where not folding like a house of cards every time a demon sneezes in your direction is the highest priority, what sort of Necromancer build is the hottest now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
my bloody, corpse exploding, nova gushing build with 600k LPS is so fun and cool. gently caress pets, gently caress bonestorm, blood is where it's at.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Has anyone tried an Inarius Bonespear build yet, which I suppose would look a lot like the Pestilence one except you put Scythe of the Cycle in the cube?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

90s Shoes posted:

What's the best site people think for perusing builds? Gonna spend a lot of today and tomorrow loving around with Necro with my roommate, and as far as I know icyveins is kinda crappy?

You can check out http://www.diablofans.com/ and see if that appeals to you more; be aware it's community-voted though, so some builds may not have their playstyle fully detailed.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Left Ventricle posted:

For those of us who play hardcore, where not folding like a house of cards every time a demon sneezes in your direction is the highest priority, what sort of Necromancer build is the hottest now?

Inarius. It can run lots of tanky stuff like aquila, endless walk, dayntee (or goldwrap for torments), bone armor, 100% armor boost passive, 100% armor boost teleport, and unity (or avarice/boon with goldwrap for torments) and also happens to be the best for killing fast.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

plainswalker75 posted:

You can check out http://www.diablofans.com/ and see if that appeals to you more; be aware it's community-voted though, so some builds may not have their playstyle fully detailed.

Yea, I see a lot of big streamers post the same builds people were using months ago on PTR and getting tons of votes, even if it's not as effective as newer builds or just the exact same as everything else. They also show you a video of them blasting a GR50 with 4k paragon and post that this is a GR100+ build on the topic for more views. If you want a real look at the best stuff, nothing beats shift + L.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

exquisite tea posted:

Has anyone tried an Inarius Bonespear build yet, which I suppose would look a lot like the Pestilence one except you put Scythe of the Cycle in the cube?

I have a feeling that the build you're trying to play only functions in Diablo II.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey I'm gonna add a section on top diablo 3 community leader streamer types. Does anyone besides Bludshed, Deadset & Rhhyker deserve to be on there?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

spit on my clit posted:

does this game not have controller support?

It's really easy to map this whole game onto one gaming mouse, though, which makes it really nice

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Martian Manfucker posted:

gently caress pets

Morally Inept alt spotted.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey I'm gonna add a section on top diablo 3 community leader streamer types. Does anyone besides Bludshed, Deadset & Rhhyker deserve to be on there?

Oh man you reminded me that Quin69 does not really do Diablo stuff anymore. :( That dude was hilarious.

mewse
May 2, 2006

This week's challenge rift is dumb as hell

Katamari Democracy posted:

Oh man you reminded me that Quin69 does not really do Diablo stuff anymore. :( That dude was hilarious.

RIP in peace quin :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I watched his stream all of the time until the stopped doing Diablo. His community was obnoxious and toxic, so his gameplay is what sold him on Twitch but I had no desire to watch him play anything other then Diablo because he was one of the best players in the game.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

mewse posted:

RIP in peace quin :(

When does it reset?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

veedubfreak posted:

When does it reset?

Mondays at 5pm ET.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 4, 2017

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Wolfcryer and Dropaduski for sure.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

So Travis Day popped into the chat of Bluddshed's stream yesterday and I watched the VOD. A few notes I gathered from it:

-Inarius proccing gem damage is INTENDED, however the proc rate seems too high, so it will likely be adjusted.
-Pestilence set was meant to be the speedfarm set, and they're working on it so that it gets to that point. They are likely going to buff corpse lance, and have the 6pc affect it and possibly all of the corpse skills, because they didn't hit the mark on the 6pc. The intention is for someone to run devour as they blast through a rift and have tons of free lances flying around killing everything on the screen.
-Skeletons getting killed after getting hit 22-24 times is intended. It seems to be causing issues for high-end pushes so they'll likely remove it.
-They will discuss and consider moving Dayntee's to work with all curses (we asked for this poo poo in beta for months).
- Fueled By Death bug to be fixed.
-Stuart's Greaves (50% movement speed for 2 seconds after blood rush) seems to have undershot as the goal was not to have perma blood rush, but to give you enough of a boost of speed where you're moving very fast. They'll likely tweak them to be faster and/or for longer. Blood was trying to push to make it 100% as lack of speed seems to be a huge issue with the necro. They're meant to be speedfarm boots so you aren't forced to use Ingeom.
-Travis said they didn't want to nerf a lot of the necromancer skills and abilities after people bought the pack and upset them so they undershot on the tuning of some things so they can tune them to be better/stronger instead of the reverse. They were being cautious.
-The goal for the golems were more utility than damage, unlike the gargantuans.

E: Kryspin's being used by other classes will also be fixed.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 4, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Being a witch doctor is so much fun, but it feels like they give you the best attack (corpse spiders) too early. Seriously, just hold down left click while your indestructable pets rip enemies to shreds. Even the frogs cant outpace the spider DPS.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I absolutely love the two new places in Act II. The spooky crypt place looks amazing and taking a necromancer in there to deal with the roach problem just leads to a corpse explosion wonder!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

DrSeRRoD posted:

-Pestilence set was meant to be the speedfarm set, and they're working on it so that it gets to that point. They are likely going to buff corpse lance, and have the 6pc affect it and possibly all of the corpse skills, because they didn't hit the mark on the 6pc. The intention is for someone to run devour as they blast through a rift and have tons of free lances flying around killing everything on the screen.

Having played around with Pestilence all day yesterday that is my general feeling on the set. It's great when you can blast through a T13 with ample corpses and lock down the entire map with Devour, but IMHO it just lacks damage from Corpse Lance, so much so that by the end I was just cubing the Devour chest and focusing mostly on Bone Spear. The spec is set up so that you'd want to use the LotD necklace, but there's just no reliable way to do enough damage right now without Endless Walk. If you can't pop a monster open in two hits or less to gobble up health globes then the build grinds to an embarrassing halt.

That being said the playstyle and visuals are totally awesome and if Corpse Lance gets a damage bonus then it'll probably be my favorite of the Necro sets.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Just a forewarning I would not use the DH/Necro bug interaction if I were you. They banned for the soulstone exploit during the D3 event, fairly certain they will ban for this also

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I'm missing the lore book drops that the Crusader got when going through the story mode. Fleshed out the character and their background.

Feels as if all the Necro lore is outside of the game or during Act 5 when you talk to your mentor.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finally got a primal legendary that I would actually want to equip for my demon hunter and it's not at all worth the time for me to go through the effort of ranking up a legendary gem for. It's just barely better then what I have. Just going to let it collect dust in my stash. :homebrew:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

Looks like it's a different challenge on different regions. The EU one is Rathma's set, but equally dumb setup.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Do they publicly shame the person by name who's character/gear you use for the challenge rifts?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Larrymer posted:

Do they publicly shame the person by name who's character/gear you use for the challenge rifts?

Hah, no they don't. The character takes your name when you load up the challenge rift.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
How is this week's challenge rift dumb? I failed terribly but I expected that.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Guilty posted:

Just a forewarning I would not use the DH/Necro bug interaction if I were you. They banned for the soulstone exploit during the D3 event, fairly certain they will ban for this also

What's that? Using the necro ring on a dh?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The failed the challenge rift the first time but then passed it the second time with plenty of time left. It was easy once I learned where the elite packs spawned because its the same each time and the layout is always the same.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I am so mad.

e- Thanks for the unity idea!

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 4, 2017

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Wow, Inarius is so much laughably better than Rathmas.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

new phone who dis posted:

You can run pets with it too if you want with no mage spam and higher damage from the set 6pc. The one drawback is that they have to attack stuff in your tornado, which isn't too bad if you command your skeletons. Revives felt too slow and dumb and mages were too spammy, but skeletons/golem provide nice damage and utility (cold runes proc Krysbin's 300% damage buff). It's not as tanky with pets, but lets you have some pets without all the hassle of Rathma's.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think if some of the proposed changes from yesterday make it onto seasons, then Pestilence will be my preferred set for Necro. The look and flow to the set is awesome, it just needs to do a little more damage and have less ramp-up time. Even better if the idea where all corpse skills get boosted by the 6pc goes in because then you can even go CE instead of Lance.

It's ironic that the so-called Necro speedfarm set is actually the worst for bounties by a mile because there isn't enough mob density to get enough essence back from Devour and the damage reduction from Bone Spear takes so long to build back up.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I can't fathom why there's not any passive essence regen on the Necro. What the poo poo.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
It wouldn't be as bad if every type of enemy dropped a corpse.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

new phone who dis posted:

I would be running Inarius but I spent too much effort not studying other builds and just went straight into Rathmas. I really enjoy the pet build and to me I can speed through TX13 and level up gems quite easily. Bounties on the other hand...

But I have a couple friends who run Inarius and they are absolutely killing it right now as far as necromancers go. I am prolly gonna give it an honest shot once I level up more gems.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

I would be running Inarius but I spent too much effort not studying other builds and just went straight into Rathmas. I really enjoy the pet build and to me I can speed through TX13 and level up gems quite easily. Bounties on the other hand...

But I have a couple friends who run Inarius and they are absolutely killing it right now as far as necromancers go. I am prolly gonna give it an honest shot once I level up more gems.

It also uses traveler's pledge and some of the same cube items and gems. It took me like 15 min to switch over.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If you convert an ancient set item do you get an ancient? I converted some gloves and I think I ended up with an ancient item which the cube specifically says can't happen.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

If you convert an ancient set item do you get an ancient? I converted some gloves and I think I ended up with an ancient item which the cube specifically says can't happen.

The reforge legendary recipe can make any item roll as ancient (it can also make ancient items revert back to normal). Convert set item (different recipe) is the one that cannot make set items ancient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Converting never yields ancient or primals. Reforging can.