Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At least when Trigger does it, it's more interesting than J.K. Rowling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
And Hannah and Barbara have seen things you wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

And Hannah and Barbara have seen things you wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...

Robot butlers. Advanced caveman civilizations. Dogs that smoke weed and solve mysteries

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Agronox posted:

Robot butlers. Advanced caveman civilizations. Dogs that smoke weed and solve mysteries

Diana kissing a boy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Rowling's pretty interesting.
Not for reasons she wants to be, but she is.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

chiasaur11 posted:

Diana kissing a boy.

Absolutely not.

Edit: The dub's growing on me a lot. It gets a lot better after about the first 6 episodes as they got more used to the roles etc, especially Diana.

mdct fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 4, 2017

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Absolutely not.

Like I said. You'd never believe it.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Trigger is doing it while still wanting to make more of the series, unlike JK "Wizards used to piss and poo poo where they stood then vanish the evidence" Rowling
So we could actually see this in S2 if we get it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Absolutely not.

Edit: The dub's growing on me a lot. It gets a lot better after about the first 6 episodes as they got more used to the roles etc, especially Diana.

Ursula trying to imitate Professor Pisces is cute in any language :3:

Blub blub~

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If/When they make a S2, we'll see if any of those things bear out. Alternatively in an official manga

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Trigger being Trigger, I assume they pulled those backstories out of their rear end five seconds after they heard the question. But that's OK because I love those ideas anyway.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Just give us a Jasminka episode, you cowards.

Preferably where they go to her hometown and everyone there talks about "That Jasminka, she must never stop talking your ear off" and "Jasminka, the social butterfly".

You know, like that Deep Space Nine episode where everyone thought Morn was dead.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Apropos of nothing: if anyone had any doubt (she turns it into the Shiny Arc in episode 12 after all) the Luluco artbook confirms Lalaco's scepter is the Shiny Rod with a skull stuck on it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Just give us a Jasminka episode, you cowards.

Preferably where they go to her hometown and everyone there talks about "That Jasminka, she must never stop talking your ear off" and "Jasminka, the social butterfly".

You know, like that Deep Space Nine episode where everyone thought Morn was dead.

It'll be "Jasminka, the Athlete" and "Jasminka, the Superstar" or "Jasminka, the town's idol"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is my first time watching episode 8 and don't think I didn't catch that Your Name reference. Also the loving Pyramid Heads. Sucy's messed up.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
It's great

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Waffleman_ posted:

This is my first time watching episode 8 and don't think I didn't catch that Your Name reference. Also the loving Pyramid Heads. Sucy's messed up.

There's apparently foreshadowing about sucys past/parents in that episode

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I loved the Mickey Mouse-rear end Akko cartoons.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

So I just checked out the dub and is it just me or does the sound mixing sound off? I'm having a really tough time hearing what anyone is saying; especially when there's background music.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I didn't have any issues. Might be you.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hello I just watched this series on Netflix because it showed up in my recommended list (which is weird because I don't watch anime on my Netflix so I guess they're stalking me) and it rules. Does anybody have any info on when the next round of episodes are coming out? I mean I'd rather avoid watching subs on some seedy-rear end website but if push comes to shove, I'm not gonna wait til 2018 for a fix.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
No news as of this time, but I can't imagine it'll be too too long. I mean the series is already done, all Netflix has to do is dub and subtitle it. I imagine it shouldn't be more than a few months.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Combat Lobster posted:

So I just checked out the dub and is it just me or does the sound mixing sound off? I'm having a really tough time hearing what anyone is saying; especially when there's background music.

Yeah, I had the same problem.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Hello I just watched this series on Netflix because it showed up in my recommended list (which is weird because I don't watch anime on my Netflix so I guess they're stalking me) and it rules. Does anybody have any info on when the next round of episodes are coming out? I mean I'd rather avoid watching subs on some seedy-rear end website but if push comes to shove, I'm not gonna wait til 2018 for a fix.

Good news, the internet doesn't require you to go to seedy websites for subs anymore

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I miss LWA Sundays.

On the other hand, I'll be in Tokyo for 23 hours Wednesday through Thursday. Is it possible to buy LWA merchandise in stores there, or is everything pre-ordered and otherwise impossible to buy?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

TwoPair posted:

Some Trigger representative said on 4chan that Netflix would put the other episodes next month, if I'm not mistaken.
But ffs just get some fansubs at asenshi.moe they're not "seedy" at all. Way better translation than Netflix's.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

Good news, the internet doesn't require you to go to seedy websites for subs anymore

I learned something today.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
YeahYeah, I thought Asenshi did a really good job :3:

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Is the netflix version a dub or a sub?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It has both. It even has dubs in multiple languages.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i finished watching this show this morning and i had to binge the last five episodes. this show loving rocks and the back half is only even better so i hope everyone enjoys it

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
I binged the Netflix episodes last week and absolutely loved it. I feel like it's the perfect show for Studio Trigger's expressive, humorous animation style. While it helped sell Gurren Lagan's ridiculousness, and it was a detriment to the fanservice in Kill La Kill. It's awesome in this and Luluco.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

have you never seen INFERNO COP

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
I have, my deepest apologies for not mentioning it

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The second half is supposed to drop on Netflix in August.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i haven't read the thread because i don't wanna get spoiled but holy gently caress this is good

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trigger knows how to make anime
hell yeah its awesome: kill la kill's mako goes to magic school

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Baloogan posted:

hell yeah its awesome: kill la kill's mako goes to magic school

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who described it this way.

I'm still barely into the second half as well though, why the hell did I click this thread?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Don't worry. Little Witch Academia is indeed supposed to ruin your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
I don't understand how Netflix only wants to release anime when it's done airing but also can't be bothered to release an entire season at once

• Locked thread