Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Shy posted:

The dungeon?

confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

At least it should be an easy farm next expansion...

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ow0Ppg-u5KbxS-0SqUe5txeY2M5y69F5RzffxD1Er48/edit?usp=sharing

here's a repost of the exp chart i had made prior to the pvp change. I will try to update it but I will need help with it. i also don't know how big the variable bonus is for time.

I'm Tsurupettan#1172 in the catgirl bargains discord channel if anyone wants to PM me values for wins/losses from 60-69, as well as game length.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Just did the quest and first portion of Deltascape.

Oh my god it's FF5 OH MY GOD :swoon:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

Come back when you reach 4.0

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ImpAtom posted:

I was very confused for a sec because I thought you were talking about Stormblood :v:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is the one movement part of 3 always the same pattern?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Saint Freak posted:

Is the one movement part of 3 always the same pattern?

Sure is. The spot you spawn in is randomized, but the pathways don't change.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Huh. I wasn't expecting an instance. Or Midgardsormr. Happy to see him though.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Run it with 8 goons?

This completely worthless advice has already been covered earlier, cheers mate.It's ok for me to have a bit of a moan over something clearly flawed.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Fister Roboto posted:

I think that the biggest thing that scares people away from tanking is thinking that even the slightest failure will result in a wipe. Knowing that your role isn't quite that critical, and that you can screw up sometimes and still recover, helps a lot in alleviating that fear.

The only time I feel like I really don't have margin for error is when raiding with healers I don't know because neither of us has enough trust of the other to know where our blind spots are.

Aphrodite posted:

People who like the new PvP should be shot 3 times and it should only require 1 button.

I personally prefer guns that require increasingly complicated motions to fire sequential and otherwise undifferentiated shots

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

There's something to be said for not asking the MCH main combo to mirror SCH broil spam. I think it's great for PVP though.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I control the game with a kinect and to do heated splits I have to flip in real life.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I really like the new PvP design and think it's hilarious that there's anybody willing to die on a hill for the old one, but making all combos, everywhere, one-button seems like a slippery slope to a dumbed-down game.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Real glad the people against single button combos aren't the ones calling any shots. With some luck us actual mch mains might get more combos out of this

Calling 123 more intriguing gameplay than 111 is a joke rofl

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Interdimensional Rift is really pretty and has some great music. Can't wait to slowly plod through the raids!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I'm very much in love with Omega's aesthetic so far.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Count Bleck posted:

I'm mildly disappointed that Gilgamesh doesn't photobomb one of the floors given the theme of Deltascape, but other than that this raid tier delivers on the fanservice and the fights are pretty fun too.

I am still confused about one of the v2.0 mechanics after multiple runs though. What exactly determines which tentacle will be safe to stand by? I've heard that they eat your levitation, but I've levitated and re-levitated next to one only for a tentacle on the far side of the map to lose its glow and become the safe spot. Or is it just random?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I want that baby chocobo :3:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I'm mildly disappointed that Gilgamesh doesn't photobomb one of the floors given the theme of Deltascape, but other than that this raid tier delivers on the fanservice and the fights are pretty fun too.

I am still confused about one of the v2.0 mechanics after multiple runs though. What exactly determines which tentacle will be safe to stand by? I've heard that they eat your levitation, but I've levitated and re-levitated next to one only for a tentacle on the far side of the map to lose its glow and become the safe spot. Or is it just random?

You don't stand near them at all. 2-3 tentacles will be active, you need to run away from them.

Edit: I read that wrong. You already understand the mechanic, just stay away from the active tentacles. The boss should be tanked in the middle and pulled to the safe spot, you have plenty of time to run.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Thundarr posted:

The marker above one or more of the tentacles will go away, that indicates that tentacle will not use it's attack. I didn't run it enough to confirm it yet but I think you need someone still standing on the ground to touch the tentacle to check if the mark stays or goes away.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
So the instance at the start doesn't actually require you to be 70 even though it has 70 enemies, so I went in as a 60 drk and stood there because I couldn't hit anything.

I recommend not doing that.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Astroniomix posted:

The marker above one or more of the tentacles will go away, that indicates that tentacle will not use it's attack. I didn't run it enough to confirm it yet but I think you need someone still standing on the ground to touch the tentacle to check if the mark stays or goes away.

I don't think anyone has to touch it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

ImpAtom posted:

Just reached 4.0

:aaa: IT'S MY BOY

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I never understood why people cared that much about tank threat in low level dungeons. It's usually not a big deal if the DPS or healer ends up tanking a loose mob unless it happens during a big pull

because its a lovely and unfun introduction to the role for players and that's why there's like 5 tanks on any given server

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I have a confession...... I've never played FFV so I have no context for these characters. :smith:

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

I have a confession...... I've never played FFV so I have no context for these characters. :smith:

Well, 'tis the season.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w75RMP-4JJA

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The servers stood in the wrong square.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

The servers stood in the wrong square.

They should have known their role and shut their mouth.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Ayyy the servers got hosed right as I was queuing for delta v1.0. That's radical, I didn't even want to play this video game.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Same. The entire quest line I felt like they are generously throwing references to things I haven't heard about, but I like bright colors so it's cool.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I didn't even want to play this video game.

but you have to

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Some of you people need to log out so I can get in, thanks.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Thanks to everybody who helped me finish Royal Menagerie and bring the MSQ to an end for now. It feels like it was shorter than Heavensward, although apparently it wasn't actually? I think some of that is pushing a lot of local stuff into a set of much more developed sidequests, which I groaned about but I generally enjoyed finishing.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Ayyy the servers got hosed right as I was queuing for delta v1.0. That's radical, I didn't even want to play this video game.

Considering dropping my sub for like the 5th time, because this is not acceptable

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Thanks to everybody who helped me finish Royal Menagerie and bring the MSQ to an end for now. It feels like it was shorter than Heavensward, although apparently it wasn't actually? I think some of that is pushing a lot of local stuff into a set of much more developed sidequests, which I groaned about but I generally enjoyed finishing.

It's not shorter but it's much faster paced, it doesn't linger anywhere as long as HW did and HW already lingered less than 2.0 so it feels really quick. it's also less dense and more straightforwardly adventure while HW spends a lot of time on political buildup.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Oh good, xpchange not sky falling. Boo to dungeon mount. I was one of those idiots that killed bosses 400 times and never saw mounts.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Givin posted:

If you boost a class, does it auto complete the 1-60 job quests? I don't want to miss out on AF1 or the level 60 cache. I know I can buy the 60 stuff with hunt seals but who has the time anymore.

Like others said, the AF1 is on the Calamity Salvager, but you don't get the level 60 cache, unfortunately. You'll need to get those with Centurio seals.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm not entirely thrilled with Omega so far. The bosses have some neat gimmicks and they'll probably be fun in savage, but it's basically just "welp here are some bosses from another game, have fun".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I prefer it to twelve goblins in twelve goblin machines tho!