Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Jesus Christ. That's like a $300-400k house here.

And DFW is supposed to be cheap!

Wanna feel sick? Look at this one
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6611-Winchester-Rd-Fort-Wayne-IN-46819/73191469_zpid/

Look at that loving yard man. I could have like 6 dogs.

Edit: this one is what we're looking for except for location, it's a bit farther out than we want to be from the city.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Well gently caress. The clutch dropped to the floor while I was driving home from my girlfriend's place. I managed to get it into a parking space, but I can't see any obvious leaks or anything, so who knows.

It's getting picked up this afternoon, and I'm already preparing for the inevitable rear end-raping.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Enourmo posted:

I've been hearing fireworks all day, but I just heard three now five bursts that sounded a whole loving lot like gunshots. Three in a row, then two more, all with that sharp report with mechanical-sounding tail-off.

Fireworks all around here tonight too. Clearly the calendar is confusing to some people who can't figure out what day it is.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Jesus Christ. That's like a $300k+ house here.

And 3mil in the bay area. lolol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Say what you will about Indiana, if you want land and space you can't beat this place.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'll take my chances in Ukraine, thanks~

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Locator posted:

Fireworks all around here tonight too. Clearly the calendar is confusing to some people who can't figure out what day it is.

yeah i meant to add but even if they are fireworks gently caress 'em for setting them off at two in the loving morning

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Some wastes of genetic material were shooting them off in the bean field outside my apartment last night about that time.

Didn't bother me, since I'm up those hours anyway, but I'm surprised none of my neighbors decided to shoot back.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

They really aren't, but bear in mind his is both deviated from standard a fair way at this point, and is more of an "expedition" setup.

:doh: missed that it was for the FC. Yeah, go hog wild.

Hey Tomarse, if I continue at my current pace I'll have finished with your compactor by Christmas :v: is that okay?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Well, he didn't say, but I assumed it was from some of the contents.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

Tomarse posted:

Thanks for the suggestions!.

I've built this so far using my duplicate/spare/older/crappier tools.. Which is why there is a 3/8 set of sockets in there that starts at 11mm...

I'm only planning on using this in anger or emergencies, not as an everyday set.

They are in there because i have a spare brake flaring kit and I went out in the Landy about 2 weeks ago and a brake line split as I stopped at the end of my road so I figured carrying them will stop it happening again! I have fluids in the car already.

I've lost my decent (Halfords Pro) 3/8 and 1/4 10mm sockets. The price of re-buying quality make ones is quite upsetting. I've got lovely chinesium ones in my main box at the moment.

Cheers, I hadn't listed some stuff as it isn't in the toolbox but already with the car. I've added some more of this to my list.

I've got a set of spare 1/2" BSF sockets. have added them. I only ever use a couple of them (9/16 and 3/4 for Saab suspension), but i'll have the whole set just in case. I only need a 1/4 Whitworth spanner for the LR handbrake drum.

I do actually have one of the interchangeable circlip pliers sets in this box - but only because I've had it in my main toolbox until recently building a set of proper one piece ones for my proper toolbox, and they are loving annoying to use but do work!

Is there a reason for the blue poly rope over a flat tow strap and ratchet straps? (I have both of these in both landies already!)

I've already got a first aid kit in each of my cars, and because I'm a good scout there's some johnnies in them too.

I had considered my electrical cable for exhaust hanging too - but a chopped up coathanger is probably more sensible.

This is designed for landrover use!.. getting a brake drum off is frequently a 2 hammer job (lever it with the normal hammer while beating it with the lump hammer) - especially if something in there is hosed and i'm on the side of the road in the rain.

updated:

-CO2 extinguisher for small electrical fires
- dry Chem extinguisher for larger fires
- seat belt cutter/window breaker

And it's a rover.... probably a pound of kitty sand/absol

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

cursedshitbox posted:

I'll take my chances in Ukraine, thanks~

What on earth are you doing in Ukraine?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Tomarse, I see no fuel/vac hose in that list.

Also that list is slightly better equipped than my whole garage, I know all the landy jokes but are they really that bad?

I'm only in this for about £10 so far, and I'll probably need to spend another £20 on odd bits.
I really am just using all the extra/old poo poo I already have and stuff i have duplicates of or have replaced with newer better stuff. The socket set came out of a family friends barn and is a very rusty 80's piecemeal Draper kit that was apparently for his tractor. The spanners are my first chinesium set that I had when I was 18 that cost £5 from the local market. The multimeter is my old one. The brake flaring kit was an insurance replacement which I ended up not needing as I found mine (they dropped it outside)

It cant just me me that never throws old tools out but just chucks them into "the drawer full of old poo poo".

fjelltorsk posted:

-CO2 extinguisher for small electrical fires
- dry Chem extinguisher for larger fires
- seat belt cutter/window breaker

And it's a rover.... probably a pound of kitty sand/absol

I've been sensible and have extinguishers mounted in all my vehicles including the cars. Seems like a good idea - especially with Rovers! A small bag of cat litter might be a good call - it will fit round the bottles of oil I already have in one of the lockers.

Hey Tomarse, if I continue at my current pace I'll have finished with your compactor by Christmas :v: is that okay?

I don't know if you've ever looked into recovery of a 3.4tonne permanent 4WD vehicle that is also taller, wider and weirder than most of the other stuff you see on the road - but its hard. I have breakdown cover with my insurance on it and they claim that they will cover it, but i suspect it will end up in a long wait for a flatbed.. I'd like to be able to fix/bodge it myself!

Yeah, thats fine! Its not the kind of thing I need very often!
If I end up being very efficient and doing my front yard I might want to get it back from you in late August/September for a bit - but then you can have it back again later!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Rhyno posted:

FOUND THE PT KEYS

they were hanging on the key hold where they were supposed to be.

Also I want to cancel our wedding, elope and buy this house
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/609-W-Oakdale-Dr_Fort-Wayne_IN_46807_M40240-64895#photo20

You could stand in between and touch your house and the neighbors. And there's only 1 full bathroom. Nah.

Although yes elope.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What on earth are you doing in Ukraine?

Things that goons don't care about.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Say what you will about Indiana, if you want land and space you can't beat this place.

We almost bought a house near Buffalo for the same reason, cheap, lots of sq ft and land but then we saw the loving ridiculous NY property taxes and remembered we'd have to actually live there in the poo poo weather and said yeah no thanks we'll just keep our little house in FL :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yeah FL is for sure better because :thunk:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
drat yankees either way, y'ask me.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cage posted:

Yeah FL is for sure better because :thunk:

Because of the reasons I just said? Weather loving sucks and NY taxes make it completely undesirable.

Don't get me wrong I love Buffalo, but the money grubbing state of NY can eat a bag of dicks.

Go Bills

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
FL is good on its own because :thunk:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That place where you live? It sucks. Not like the place where I live, it's great.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I lived there for two years so I'm entitled to my opinion jerks :colbert:

Florida is good on it's own because it's not New York :)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

That jokes that you make? They suck. Not like the jokes I make, they're great.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

cursedshitbox posted:

Things that goons don't care about.

Some of us care :(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno what happened to moving to the Carolinas

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
imagine living in a third world hell hole such as america lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Rhyno what happened to moving to the Carolinas

They want to promote her here. SC isn't off the table but it's less likely now.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

FOUND THE PT KEYS

they were hanging on the key hold where they were supposed to be.

Also I want to cancel our wedding, elope and buy this house
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/609-W-Oakdale-Dr_Fort-Wayne_IN_46807_M40240-64895#photo20

In all seriousness, do this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The house with the huge yard is a better bang for the buck. I could park so many cars in the backyard.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

My mom's not entirely happy: She drives a 2005 BMW 3-series diesel wagon ... E91, I guess?

Either way, it apparently made weird siren-like noises, so she dropped by the dealer. It was diagnosed as something power steering related, should be OK to drive with for a bit until you can be bothered to swap it. Accepting that she drove it for a week, and then had an unpleasant sound and hefty power loss - like, say, what you'd expect when the turbo on a small diesel lunches itself. Conveniently timed at the start of the holiday, of course.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Also that list is slightly better equipped than my whole garage, I know all the landy jokes but are they really that bad?

Official 'old Landy toolkit' consists of the following:

5 spanners (non-contiguous sizing)
Pair of pliers (rusty)
Flathead screwdriver (slightly bent)
Roll of black electrical tape.

Anything other than that should be obtained by looking in the pockets of your wax jacket, or found rolling around in the back of the landy, covered in dog hair

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Rhyno posted:

The house with the huge yard is a better bang for the buck. I could build a massive workshop in the backyard.

set your sights higher...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Last week at work. Instead of documenting things or telling people about the stuff I left undone on the project I lead, my boss wants me to rush to get in more features!!!

I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, I'm jumping on the "Baby Driver is primo" train.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

InitialDave posted:

I'm hopping on the "would actually like to see the movie but it's not out here yet" train, and boy is it a slow one. It comes out on August 19th in Japan.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

InitialDave posted:

Worth getting on bluray, or is it only good in cinemas?

(I hate the cinema )

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yes, though in your shoes I'd try to go to an off-hours showing in a few weeks when the crowds die down instead of waiting for the BR.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

spog posted:

(I hate the cinema )

I also hate the cinema... except for late night midweek showings a few weeks after the release where you only have to share the room with a couple of other people (or get it to yourself) and you can just take in your own drinks and snacks and put your feet up.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

spog posted:

(I hate the cinema )
Well, I'd say it's good either way.

Also, Showcase have a "director's hall" premium screen with much nicer seats and its own private lounge, which would be my pick every time for going to the cinema, but some of my friends are too tightfisted to stump up the extra few quid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I could sell my house in Utah and nearly pay for those in cash with the equity from my house.

Being a thousandaire in Indiana doesn't seem to bad.

• Locked thread