Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Matching a 2+1 wouldn't be too bad if anyone offered it .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

it feels like the nature of maxes that every single average to slightly above average young player is gonna ask for and probably get a max from the team that drafted him. a strange world where otto porter deserves as much money as you can possibly give him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

An arbitration system would probably work better than the rfa process

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it is kind of depressing that the biggest free agent drama involves gordon loving hayward, some team needs to go lock a free agent up in a mansion or something

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Finally some important news today

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/882325499619545088

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

standing in front of a mirror saying "gaw din hey wahd" over and over again while trying to figure out if he can handle that for the five years

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
let's get on with it, all these rugged power forwards out here need a contract. JaMychal Green and James Johnson need to get paid.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Speaking of Green, this seems like a weird decision from Memphis

https://twitter.com/CAGrizBeat/status/882323347941490689

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

xbilkis posted:

Speaking of Green, this seems like a weird decision from Memphis

https://twitter.com/CAGrizBeat/status/882323347941490689

They let Randolph walk, they're either blowing it up or clearing cap room for a big name FA next offseason (lmao)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Blowing up seems weird since they owe an unprotected pick in 2019, but then again the Kings signed players in their one year of having their pick so who knows

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Hayward should just sign for the BAE with the Rockets IMO

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The trim James Johnson needs to re-up in Miami

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Actually Hayward should sign with the Pacers. That way there will be no distractions like "night life" or "fun" so he can play LoL all night long!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I wouldn't be surprised if Hayward signing in Boston instead of Miami is the difference between James Johnson signing with the Heat or taking the MLE to a contender.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/882305476247072768

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.

Lockback posted:

They ended up reducing it to two, if I recall. But yeah they made an example. In that case though the Timberwolves literally put the agreement in writing so they were pretty stupid.

Ha, yeah putting it in writing is impressive.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

omg

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fantastic

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's worth mentioning that the league only found out because Joe Smith changed agents, and his old spurned agent ratted him out to the league. It's completely possible that it continues in a more clandestine way. We have no way of knowing

Yeah I was wondering how they got found out. Seems easy enough to communicate such promises while maintaining plausible deniability.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dexo posted:

Is Hayward more of a carry or support type dota player.

When he made a video with a League pro he was playing Wukong, who's a carry. IIRC Hayward is a top lane player

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

kingcobweb posted:

When he made a video with a League pro he was playing Wukong, who's a carry. IIRC Hayward is a top lane player

Seems alpha enough for me to lead my team

I mean besides the fact he plays LoL and not the real mans gsme in Dota 2

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
edit: never mind old tweet

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

:perfect:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

p.s. shouldn't have trusted the trollers CBM ;(

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Twolves_PR/status/882344025449213952

Thibs :argh:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Justin Patton out indefinitely with a broken foot. Thibs is overworking him already!!!!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Holy gently caress man can science get these freaks some decent shoes???

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/882344862389067777

Making room for Hayward

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AlbertNahmad/status/882346727067590657

Yooo

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Can't even begin to imagine the pleasure something like this would give you

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/882348422409400320

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/882347135169175552

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Ammanas posted:

Probably feels like poo poo considering he'd much rather make the money by actually playing basketball.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Dejan Bimble posted:

What do my nuggets men think of the Millsap signing

Great signing, especially with that 3rd year team option. Millsap is kinda old but he's a better pairing with Jokic than Love would have been, and we didn't have to trade anybody for him. Huge defensive upgrade. Letting Gallinari walk is kind of a bummer, he's been on the team since I started watching basketball in 2012, but his knees are a timebomb. Chandler was complaining about not having a consistent role and now he's probably got starting SF locked up. Connelly needs to make one more move to get rid of some of those redundant forwards. I was really hoping for Hill but Vlade screwed that up. Trade with the Suns for Bledsoe, maybe? They balked at Mudiay and the 13th pick so it would probably have to be a big package. Current roster looks like a low playoff seed to me unless Murray has a big leap or Mudiay suddenly becomes unterrible.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

soggybagel posted:

Justin Patton out indefinitely with a broken foot. Thibs is overworking him already!!!!

This was a bad pick BEFORE the injury.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ammanas posted:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

chris bosh owns and i hope he can either play basketball safely or literally take all of the miami heats money forever and ever, spend the rest of his days robbing pat riley and whoever owns the dang heat like some sort of dinosaur faced hamburglar

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I am a fan of any sport where injured players get all the money owed to them rather than being cut with nothing.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Adun posted:

Probably feels like poo poo considering he'd much rather make the money by actually playing basketball.

In what loving universe does getting paid $50 million to do nothing "feel like poo poo" you clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Please don't fall into the trap and seriously engage....

• Locked thread