Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

...! posted:

Sleepaway Camp 3 is awesome (especially the flagpole kill) but like someone said, the kills were heavily neutered for reasons I don't understand. You can see the cut parts in the special features of the blu-rays but they're basically upscaled SD. The movie would have been so much better if they'd left that stuff in.

Buy the blu-rays, y'all. They look great.

This. The Scream Factory blurays of the Sleepaway Camp franchise look fantastic. I love that dumb series so much, but gently caress "Return to Sleepaway Camp" and that garbage hack job someone released a few years ago as the "Lost" sequel "Sleepaway Camp 4: The Survivor"

gently caress that movie and the guy who put it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

...! posted:

Buy the blu-rays, y'all. They look great.

I'm about to the point where I should probably bind my hands together to keep me from buying the trilogy on blu-ray because I keep almost doing it and I don't need more blu-rays I'll watch once and forget about.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Jason should have worn a flag shirt and murdered russian teens to get past the censors.

Jason with wires sticking out of his head as a secret CIA weapon sounds like a fine excuse for Jason to take a trip to Moscow or Paris or some other suitably exotic destination.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Playing on PS4 this afternoon and I found something I'd never seen before. Entered a cabin and in one of the small, windowless rooms was the body of the dude who gets murdered in the intro.

No comment from my councilor. No noticeable change in fear. Just a bloodied blue shirted corpse.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Playing on PS4 this afternoon and I found something I'd never seen before. Entered a cabin and in one of the small, windowless rooms was the body of the dude who gets murdered in the intro.

No comment from my councilor. No noticeable change in fear. Just a bloodied blue shirted corpse.

I swear it's random how likely he is to appear. I played for a good 80+ hours before ever finding one of him in a bathtub. Now I run into him periodically

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Haha I saw him stashed in a bathtub once and never again, I thought I was crazy.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I think a neat mechanic would be the option for Jason to hang bodies of counselors he's killed in different locations. It happens in the movies all the time but in the game they're just laying where they're killed, and half the time that means they're laying in the middle of the woods where nobody will find them and get their fear up.

I guess something useful for the counselors would also be for items dropped by dead counselors to shine a little bit so you can see where they're at.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

I'm about to the point where I should probably bind my hands together to keep me from buying the trilogy on blu-ray because I keep almost doing it and I don't need more blu-rays I'll watch once and forget about.

I feel your pain, but I've made it a tradition to watch at least the first two Sleepaway Camp movies once a year around summer time so I don't feel so bad.

The UK Hellraiser box set I imported (3 months before the loving US edition was announced for release) was totally worth it

King Vidiot posted:

I think a neat mechanic would be the option for Jason to hang bodies of counselors he's killed in different locations. It happens in the movies all the time but in the game they're just laying where they're killed, and half the time that means they're laying in the middle of the woods where nobody will find them and get their fear up.

I guess something useful for the counselors would also be for items dropped by dead counselors to shine a little bit so you can see where they're at.

I think they need to fix the interaction notifications period because sometimes you have to literally be on top of a dropped item to pick it up. That and just making things slightly easier to see. The gamma slider they added did help considerably on Xbox because that game was dark as hell for a while to the point where I could barely see anything.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Haha I saw him stashed in a bathtub once and never again, I thought I was crazy.

I swear I have seen him in other places besides bathtubs, but I can't remember.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Cythereal posted:

Jason with wires sticking out of his head as a secret CIA weapon sounds like a fine excuse for Jason to take a trip to Moscow or Paris or some other suitably exotic destination.

...and then, the Soviets retaliate with Vassily Ivanovich, their own homegrown undead serial murderer.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Wanderer posted:

...and then, the Soviets retaliate with Vassily Ivanovich, their own homegrown undead serial murderer.

...who only wears a hockey mask because he's a former soviet Olympic goalie turned horrifying experimental zombie soldier.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

I swear I have seen him in other places besides bathtubs, but I can't remember.

Sometimes he's laying up against the wall in a bathroom, too.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

...who only wears a hockey mask because he's a former soviet Olympic goalie turned horrifying experimental zombie soldier.

Look. I want to watch this zombie slasher Cold War arms race film.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I've got two epic water perks, 15% increase in swim speed with 0% decrease in sprint speed, and 23% sense avoidance chance in the water with a 3% increase in fear. I can't think of any good way to create a gimmick water build that doesn't involve obnoxiously waiting out the time in some watery corner of the map.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Look. I want to watch this zombie slasher Cold War arms race film.

I feel like there's potential somebody shop it to Blumhouse

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

cerebral posted:

I've got two epic water perks, 15% increase in swim speed with 0% decrease in sprint speed, and 23% sense avoidance chance in the water with a 3% increase in fear. I can't think of any good way to create a gimmick water build that doesn't involve obnoxiously waiting out the time in some watery corner of the map.

Yeah, but that would be funny to do to pubs. Is there a third water perk?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

1stGear posted:

I feel like there's potential somebody shop it to Blumhouse

May sound weird, but am I alone for thinking Michael Bay could direct a good F13 movie?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The Exorcism of AJ Mason

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Skunkrocker posted:

Yeah, but that would be funny to do to pubs. Is there a third water perk?

I don't think so. I'd probably just use preparedness anyway so I could head straight for the water without having to look for a map. Not that I'd NEED a map to find the water, but being able to watch the movements of other counselors would help with the boredom, and the -fear is always nice.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

is this game still fun if i play alone with randos. it looks like neat hide n seek

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cythereal posted:

May sound weird, but am I alone for thinking Michael Bay could direct a good F13 movie?

He produced the remake and walked out of the premiere because there was too much sex. So no.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

White Genocide posted:

is this game still fun if i play alone with randos. it looks like neat hide n seek

I play exclusively with randos, in 50 levels I've never grouped, and I'm having a ton of fun. Every game is a new set of personalities and a new set of challenges to work with.

I have two tips for enjoying Quick Play: 1) Be willing to play a repair character, Buggsy, Tiffany, and Vanessa seem to be rando favorites. 2) Bail if the lobby is toxic. It never gets any better.

cerebral fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 4, 2017

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

I wonder if I could have just ran around full sprint for the remainder of the match instead of trying for the car as it did not seem like I was losing stamina at any point.

I also should have went into the water too see how AJ's demonic possession felt bout swimming.

Whatevet, there's always the next time someone pointblank flaregun's Tinfoil during a grab attempt.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

cerebral posted:

I don't think so. I'd probably just use preparedness anyway so I could head straight for the water without having to look for a map. Not that I'd NEED a map to find the water, but being able to watch the movements of other counselors would help with the boredom, and the -fear is always nice.

You don't need it; I'd get the general avoid being sensed perk, dump everything on AJ, bolt rear end to the lake and find a weird spot that Jason will never look at, especially if there isn't a boat, as far from the shore as you can possibly get. Then pull up YouTube and watch something on your phone and wait.

Even if you die, it'll take a long time for Jason to find you, and the other players will be so butthurt... someone might even report you to IllFonic!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

White Genocide posted:

It's probably MORE fun with randos than it would be with friends, because of the constant change of people and the chemistry (or lack thereof) of the various groups you're tossed into. None of my friends are brave or foolhardy enough to dive into a $40 game, I guess due to lack of interest or the price or thinking "it's a 'knock-off' of Dead by Daylight" or whatever.

It's like they don't believe me when I tell them how awesome it is. Like I thought it just looked "okay" from watching streams but it wasn't until I played it that it really clicked. And watching streams is even better because now I get it.

e: But as a fair warning, you will occasionally be a Jason against an Organized Team of Friends who all pick counselor preference and you WILL get your rear end handed to you. Sometimes you'll run into cocky YouTube Superstars who are surly and uncooperative and fishing for Highlight Reel Moments, who will not help you when you need it and will just be out for themselves and will rage quit if Jason grabs them. But I'd say 99% of the people you play with will be cool and chill.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 4, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

(I knew exactly where Terry was at the end. :getin:)

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

King Vidiot posted:

It's probably MORE fun with randos than it would be with friends, because of the constant change of people and the chemistry (or lack thereof) of the various groups you're tossed into. None of my friends are brave or foolhardy enough to dive into a $40 game, I guess due to lack of interest or the price or thinking "it's a 'knock-off' of Dead by Daylight" or whatever.

It's like they don't believe me when I tell them how awesome it is. Like I thought it just looked "okay" from watching streams but it wasn't until I played it that it really clicked. And watching streams is even better because now I get it.

e: But as a fair warning, you will occasionally be a Jason against an Organized Team of Friends who all pick counselor preference and you WILL get your rear end handed to you. Sometimes you'll run into cocky YouTube Superstars who are surly and uncooperative and fishing for Highlight Reel Moments, who will not help you when you need it and will just be out for themselves and will rage quit if Jason grabs them. But I'd say 99% of the people you play with will be cool and chill.
That and the game still has some teething issues since launch.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

That happened to me. Just a dead guy I didn't care about.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

NES Jason Gets Murked Part 2

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 5, 2017

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

today I learned I'm a natural Chad

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Today we all learned that Burk is really good at giving Jason a run around

And nothing else happened

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Burkion posted:

Today we all learned that Burk is really good at giving Jason a run around

And nothing else happened

The game just kind of ended .....

Nothing to see here, folks!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Ran into my first That Guy, a Jason who knew exactly where everybody was and could teleport straight to them.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

King Vidiot posted:

Ran into my first That Guy, a Jason who knew exactly where everybody was and could teleport straight to them.

I finally got to play a game as the final unlocked lvl 31 Jason (9?) yesterday and that was how i felt. Cant hear poo poo but that's irrelevant when activating sense lets you see half a map, and then you have +shift and +stalk on TOP of that.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Is this game easy to get into? I'm mostly playing this cause I like the movies but I'm not sure how well I'll play a survival co-op game. I don't want some kids screaming at me for sucking

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

OxMan posted:

I finally got to play a game as the final unlocked lvl 31 Jason (9?) yesterday and that was how i felt. Cant hear poo poo but that's irrelevant when activating sense lets you see half a map, and then you have +shift and +stalk on TOP of that.

That's cool and all but this was Part 3 (8 bit) Jason and his name had the word "Trolling" in it, and he was mic-spamming some bagpipe song.

There was a Tommy Jarvis just standing by a creek and Jason teleported straight to him to kill him. Then shortly after, clear across the map in a cabin the final AJ was killed with Jason Shifting straight into her.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Yaws posted:

Is this game easy to get into? I'm mostly playing this cause I like the movies but I'm not sure how well I'll play a survival co-op game. I don't want some kids screaming at me for sucking

Very easy. The best thing is that generally you expect to die as a Counselor so if you die early that's fine.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Lately I've been running into Jasons that are remarkably good at shift-grabs. Despite my best efforts to juke them, they're always able to go directly into a grab.

I know the developers have stated that you should essentially consider yourself dead if Jason grabs you, but I wonder if they're ever going to do something about shift-grabs. Like, that's great and all, but it doesn't seem quite right to me that Jason should be able to get a guaranteed grab on you if you're anywhere near him outside of a house.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Hi everyone!

So I've learned three things from pubbies tonight:

1. If you're in the water, Jason makes a red glow on the surface that counselors can see. Please remember this. I felt like an rear end in a top hat calling them hackers for waiting until I morphed away.
2. There is a perk that lets you force the 5 minute police phone call to 3:50. So if you go to pick up the phone and some shitlord is all "Wait I have the perk" you know what they're talking about.
3. If you're playing on a public server your poo poo will be lagged to goddamn hell always no question. Just play with Goons. Forever. I don't want to play this game with normal people anymore. It loving sucks not being able to run from Jason, or being Jason and shifting past people, because lag just decides you're either standing still or moving at the goddamn speed of light.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Very easy. The best thing is that generally you expect to die as a Counselor so if you die early that's fine.

The developers did a really good job of easing the player into the game with the first couple of counselors/Jasons available, gives you a chance to figure out how the game works as well as how you feel most comfortable playing.

I don't like the melee combat for counselors because it feels too imprecise, but a couple rounds as Adam changed my mind. I'm still not crazy about it but at least having a fighting chance is nice.

Most people I've played with on Xbox, pubs and Goons have been really cool and helpful. You'll run into poo poo heads for sure, but generally the community is pretty cool and if you get into a game as a counselor and you come across another player, don't be afraid to ask for advice, most are willing to help you out.

Keep a couple basic thoughts in mind pre-game:

What do you want to do?
Who will be best equipped to do what you want?

If you want to try and fix stuff, go with someone with good repair.

Want to just gently caress around and see what mechanics are, any of the opening counselors are good for getting a handle on things.

As you play more, and especially when playing with the same groups, you'll start to figure out the more complex stuff about the game and then the fun really begins.

Read everything in this thread regarding how to play Jason. Having that basic game plan (phone trapped, car trapped,destroy generators) can be super useful when you first start with Jason because it takes a lot of the pressure off of jumping into that character the first few times.

Also ignore anyone who gives you poo poo for hacking and slashing as Jason. Though you shouldn't kill anyone with it because it's lame as gently caress.

• Locked thread